AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2010-01-03, 02:03   Link #12721
Des Mors Morde

Erm, hello everyone. I'm not really used to the forum setup, but I thought some of the ideas I was reading hear seemed interesting, so I went ahead and registered so that I could put some of my own thoughts in there! (Though my thoughts probably won't be much different from what everyone else here has to say)

Let's see, where to start... okay got it

1) The "Temporary" aspect of Moka's Rosario

I find something about Fong Fong's assesment that the seal is, in his words, "momentary" to be problematic. I'm not arguing that he's wrong or that what he says is untrue, I can't, I'm not the creator of the story, but I'm curious as to what he meant in classifying the seal as temporary. The general consensus of the posts I've read seems to be that Fong Fong's words meant that the seal was never intended to be a permanent condition for Moka, but I don't believe that that is necessarily what he meant. I think he may have been referring to the fact that Moka's seal isn't permanent in the since that it can be removed. Basically my idea is that he was saying that Moka's seal weakens over time after being removed, which is a feature of the seal we were already aware of. I don't know for sure if that is the point Fong Fong was trying to make, but it seems more sound than speculating as to why the seal weakened when the matter could be as simple as the seal being left off for so long.

In support of this theory, I would like to point out that seems unlikely that Fong Fong would know whether or not the seal was intended to be a long term deal. It seems impossible to me that he would know how long Moka was meant to wear the rosary, that detail seems to have little to do with how the seal works, and more to do with the intentions of the seals creator, and, as Fong Fong is not the creator of the seal, I doubt he would know if it was "temporary" or not.

Additionally, we know that the seal Moka wears is similar to the one which powers the grand barrier correct? (Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, It's been to long since I read the season one manga, I remember that this was the case in the anime, but the anime is... how to put this gently... a disgusting pile of crap.) Know if the seal is similar to the seal holding up the grand barrier, then it wouldn't make sense for Moka's seal to only be temporary. This does not mean Moka and her family could not have planned to eventually remove the seal, but it does seem unlikely that a seal so similar to the one powering the grand barrier would weaken dramtically over time, which supports my hypothesis that the seal only failed to work properly due to being removed to long.

2) Moka's Personalities

This is definitely a debatable topic, but my personal belief is that Moka is a single person, with a single mind and a single heart. Outer Moka is merely the result of the seal taking certain characteristics out of her personality. They are not to different people, and they do not think or feel differently; the only distinction between them is that Inner Moka tends to remain calmer, and therfore think more rationally than the outer Moka. However, we did see an exception to this in chapter twenty-six, when she began to panic as Tsukune ate her pie. (I could have phrased that better.) Admittedly, part of me would like to believe that Moka has always had dual personalities, but it seems much more probably that the outer Moka is a creation of the rosary's power. Of course, we know that the outer Moka does not simply vanish from existence when the seal is removed, meaning that once the seal creates a second persona, that persona does not fade away and is, in fact, real and not an elaborate illusion. This does not mean that the personalities cannot be combined, but, if they were to do so, I do not believe that an entirely new Moka would be formed. My essential idea is that outer Moka is inner Moka with her pride reduced and her inhibitions lightened, so I believe that if the two combined, you would have inner Moka with more of the lighthearted characteristics of outer Moka, which Ura-san seems to be displaying anyway.

On the subject of the line between Moka's personalities, I do not believe that the two are blending together, but rather that the inner Moka has begun to lower her guard. Personally, I feel Moka retains her sweet qualities regardless of who is in control, and that the inner Moka is merely deciding not to hide them as much lately; this is most likely due to the impact made on her by Tsukune, and, to a lesser extent, the others as well.

3) Tsukune's Seal

I realize I'm opening up a topic that has been done to death here, so I'm going to try and be brief as to what I say. Not much is known about Tsukune's seal, and I would advise not reading too much into the words of the exorcist, as the man does nothing more than speak in vague riddles. He did relate to Tsukune, back in the first season, right after Tsukune woke up in the hospital, that his seal was, apparently, similar to Moka's, but I don't think we should assume that the two seals actually have all that much in common. I think that the only concrete similarity between the two is that they both seal up the power of vampire blood. As to whether or not Tsukune can ever remove the seal, well one can only speculate. For some time it seemed as though the Holy Lock was the only thing keeping Tsukune alive, and that without it, he would die and become a ghoul. At this point however, it is unclear whether or not Tsukune will eventually be able to control his vampire blood and live without the seal. This is not the only possibility, personally I'd like to see Tsukune's transformation escalate to the next level and have him become a full fledged vempire, but if he merely learns to control the power of a ghoul, that would be exceptable too, I only hope we see him do something soon.

4) Thoughts On What Will Happen Next

I think that the situation with Moka's seal is far less severe than it's being made, basically I'm agreeing with GrrDraxin. It seems likely that they will simply have the seal repaired, or replaced if this is not possible. Of course, tending to the seal may not be as simple as visiting the friendly neighborhood exorcist, but I don't think that the situation is entirely grave, and it would be a nice oportunity to introduce another member of Moka's family. Personally I would like to see what sort of man Moka's father is, and it is my personal belief that he is a more likely source of help in regard to Moka's seal than either her mother or her eldest sister; I admit there is not a great deal of foundation for this belief, but that's how I see it anyway. (Besides, I'd like to see Moka's father in the manga, rather than the butchered anime)

5) Sexuality

This doesn't really have any bearing on the discussion, but it's been brought up in the posts before, so I hope no one will be too bothered if I slip my thoughts in here. All I'm gonna say is that the outer Moka has a cute, sweet, and innocent charm to her that is very compelling, but when it comes to the seductive department, hands down the inner Moka is the winner. (And from what we saw in chapter 16 I think Tsukune would agree with me.)

Well, I guess that's the short version of my thoughts, and if anyone wants to continue, I'll be happy to share more of my thoughts.

P.S. If anyone does discover what happened to Ou-Rex on fanfiction.net, I'd greatly appreciate knowing, I was only a few chapters into one of his stories when he vanished and I would really love to find out what happened. And If anyone here has been reading my fanfic "Heat of Winter" I'm terribly sorry for the great amount of time since I've updated it, but I'm trying to determine where to take things and hopefully will have something soon.
Des Mors Morde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-03, 02:50   Link #12722
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
..being...crushed...by all... these... theories...*

my god, we're turning into a Claymore-type discussion

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Magin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-03, 04:33   Link #12723
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Des Mors Morde View Post
5) Sexuality

This doesn't really have any bearing on the discussion, but it's been brought up in the posts before, so I hope no one will be too bothered if I slip my thoughts in here. All I'm gonna say is that the outer Moka has a cute, sweet, and innocent charm to her that is very compelling, but when it comes to the seductive department, hands down the inner Moka is the winner. (And from what we saw in chapter 16 I think Tsukune would agree with me.)

Vampires do have that Seductive aura on them such as Succubus. so theres no reason to doubt why the other girls would feel atleast a little attractive to her. plus their still young, hardly the age to know what they want.
Old 2010-01-03, 04:56   Link #12724
FriedRice84
Beef Fried Rice

What's with the dissertations here?

I love R+V and I like to speculate about what's gonna happen but, this is a bit much...
FriedRice84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-03, 05:37   Link #12725
GrrDraxin

Send a message via Yahoo to GrrDraxin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris38 View Post
EDIT: Since I'm getting quite sleepy I will post the rest of this tomorrow, sorry to anyone that waited for the conclusion of this essay ( Well, probably no one thinks as much about things as I do, so it's quite possible that I will be just ignored after this ( like usually, something else will come up and people on this board will just ignore what I write about ( since, it has also gotten quite ... long ) , but maybe I should have more confidence in myself and my capabilities ) )
No no no, you got it all wrong, the only reason you get "seemingly" ignored is for two reasons: 1. there is a lot to try and comment on, and 2. people have very short attention spans. Remember, this the the Information Age, at the same time, it's also the Age of Speed, so many people are in too much of a rush to consider all that text all at once.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magin View Post
..being...crushed...by all... these... theories...*

my god, we're turning into a Claymore-type discussion
Quote:
Originally Posted by FriedRice84 View Post
What's with the dissertations here?

I love R+V and I like to speculate about what's gonna happen but, this is a bit much...

I rest my case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Des Mors Morde View Post
Erm, hello everyone. I'm not really used to the forum setup, but I thought some of the ideas I was reading hear seemed interesting, so I went ahead and registered so that I could put some of my own thoughts in there! (Though my thoughts probably won't be much different from what everyone else here has to say)<SNIP>
Welcome to the forums DMM, I hope your stay is a pleasant one. Decided to come join the discussion instead of writing more fanficion chapters, huh? Well, this thread and the one(s) over on the Franky House forums are good for picking up ideas and exploiting any story loopholes we fans tend to discover.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
Vampires do have that Seductive aura on them such as Succubus. so theres no reason to doubt why the other girls would feel atleast a little attractive to her. plus their still young, hardly the age to know what they want.
Ah yes, troubled youth. I remember those days.
Old 2010-01-03, 05:45   Link #12726
Chris38

Well, time for the last part ... anyway the last thing that I will mention is off course Tsukune's training commencing and how it connects with the things I brought up in Part I and Part II of this essay ( I think that it has gotten long enough to start calling it that way. )

Anyway part I of this essay is placed here and on another hand part II of this essay is mentioned here.

7.) Tsukune's training in other words Tsukune starts to finally learn how to control his power and new evidence that the Exorcist's plans still are going on

The next time we see some development in Tsukune's case, is after the snow woman arc when Tsukune is transported to another dimension by Ruby on the orders of the headmaster.

We learn that the reason for such action from the Headmaster is that he has finally decided that Tsukune should learn how to control his vampire powers. Well it seems kind of natural to use Ruby in this kind of training since the method employed is quite unusual.

What I wanted to say is that going with the theory that stated in Part II, Point 6.) of this essay, it could be that what the exorcist actually wants to achieve is making the other "half" of Tsukune learn how to control the vampire powers it has.

Well,it could be impossible, but like I said in Part I of this essay Point 1.) I think the Exorcist wouldn't even bother with "saving" Tsukune if the only thing that he could achieve in the end is just prolonging his life. So it's quite possible that there is "another option" for Tsukune at the end of this road.

It strangely connects with why Tsukune's "training" was started so late in the story. I mean at this point in the story Tsukune already had the vampire blood laying dormant in him for almost half a year already, so if he wanted the Exorcist could have started Tsukune's training in using his power's right when he was released from the hospital, but ... he didn't .... which for me tells that for some reason he wanted to get Tsukune in a situation where he would be close to death and since the headmaster knew how strong a vampire is he purposely let Tsukune face dangerous situations without prior training so Tsukune's chances to survive without his vampire abilities would be low. ( I mentioned a example of such a situation in Part II of this essay, point 5.) )

What the Exorcist could have gained is that Tsukune's "vampire personality", which as I explained in Part II of this essay, point 5.) is personality bent on killing and getting blood from living beings and with no sense of self left anymore but as I stated in Part II of this essay, point 6.) it's a possibility that Tsukune's darker "half" is slowly gaining a awareness of self, which means that it starts to change.

So what the training actually brings for Tsukune ... well primarily he finally starts to control the youkai energy generated by his body and that means that his seal doesn't break anymore or breaks at a slower rate then before,and the secondary development the training could bring is that Tsukune's alter ego has also learned how to control the youkai energy, it might be at a at a lower level then Tsukune, but still the possibility that Tsukune's "berserk" personality has lerned something from Tsukune's training session exists.

Well, if this happens to come true, then it could have disastrous consequences if things are going to go ... a certain way from here ... ,but we don't know for sure what the future holds so, I have a opinion that the headmaster had some secret motive in starting Tsukune's training so late and that there exists a possibility that what the Chairman wanted to achieve is for Tsukune's "vampire half" to actually learn how to control his vampire power

8.) Tsukune's "training" with Moka and what could happen to him in the future.

Well, the last thing I will mention is what Tsukune's training sessions could bring to the things I mentioned before.

Well, let's start with the first thing that Tsukune learns from Inner Moka.

So the first thing, this thing brings is that now, Tsukune can percive and counter, attacks that are aimed at him. I think the manga also implied that Tsukune could be even better then Inner Moka at perceiving youkai aura's in the future.

Another thing that Inner Moka is making Tsukune obtain during her training is martial art knowledge and combat experience.

As all of you, probably know by now the result is that Tsukune actually displayes quite decent fighting capabilities, which compared to how he was fighting, before he started training, means that Tsukune has definitely improved and became stronger then before.

If we connect it with what I said in ( Part II,point 5.) and 6.) ) and point 7.) ) then it also means that Tsukune's "vampire half" has also became stronger.

So I kind of see three ways on how Tsukune could turn out in the end:

A.) Tsukune reverts back to his "Berserk" form

For me, this is the least possible outcome, because it would be pointless in my opinion to waste time and so much effort for a guy that would still die in the end. I mean the headmaster is surely a creepy and shady kind of guy, but like I mentioned at the beginning of this essay I think that he would rather let Inner Moka kill the "rampaging" Tsukune then save him if this was still the only option that he had left.

B.) Tsukune get's a "second" more though and violent personality

Well I kind of think that this is more likely to happen as I kept mentioning from the beginning of this essay, to me it seems like, since the time Tsukune's vampire blood has become permanent, the "other" consciousness that was formed during that time is slowly learning and getting a awareness of himself.

So what I think could happen is that in the end Tsukune get's a second personality similar to how Inner Moka's tsundere nature which emerges from Tsukune when he removes his Holy Lock ( which acts as some sort of a limiter ). So in this scenario we get a situation similar to how Moka is portrayed ( Inner Moka and Outer Moka ) and in Tsukune's case it would be a [ Outer Tsukune ( the Tsukune that we know about ) and Inner Tsukune ( a badass GAR version of the Tsukune that we knew so far ) ]

C.) Tsukune get's some part of the "violent aspects of his personality"

This scenario is kind of the same as the scenario described above , with the only difference that the "seal" wouldn't be probably needed anymore.

Anyway everything happens as I described above, but the only difference is that Tsukune's personality is a merge between the Tsukune that we know and what his "vampire instincts" have displayed

He we would be a peaceful and quite harmless man when times are pecuful and a "badass" in battle ( with quite powerful battle capabilities, since his body wouldn't limit him anymore)

I think that Tsukune in this form would be a merge between how he looks like in his "human" form and his "vampire" form.

Finish

Last edited by Chris38; 2010-01-03 at 07:01.
Chris38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-03, 07:29   Link #12727
GrimJack

The only obvious mistake I see here is that the headmster has been training Tsukune since he placed the holy lock on him though not to Tsukune's knowledge.

The attack of the Centipede guy, Thee threatened expulsion, even the Antithesis arc were all in some way set up by the headmaster for Tsukune to either succeed or fail badly,

even farther back The first field trip was also a test though it appeared the Bus Driver was the one doing it.

Tsukune has been manipulated and tested and trained for the entire manga, I am sure the Headmaster feels the survival of the monster world depends on those shoulders as well as on Moka and the rest of his friends
GrimJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-03, 07:47   Link #12728
Chris38

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrimJack View Post
The only obvious mistake I see here is that the headmster has been training Tsukune since he placed the holy lock on him though not to Tsukune's knowledge.

The attack of the Centipede guy, Thee threatened expulsion, even the Antithesis arc were all in some way set up by the headmaster for Tsukune to either succeed or fail badly,

even farther back The first field trip was also a test though it appeared the Bus Driver was the one doing it.

Tsukune has been manipulated and tested and trained for the entire manga, I am sure the Headmaster feels the survival of the monster world depends on those shoulders as well as on Moka and the rest of his friends
Well, I didn't want to make it feel like Tsukune knows that he is being manipulated by the headmaster so if you got that impression, sorry.

What I wanted to point out is that whatever the Exorcist plans are, whatever Tsukune becomes has a major influence on the final outcome of these "secret" plans of the Headmaster and his supporters and because of that I don't think that there is only one road for Tsukune at the end and that is death as a Ghoul ( after his "seal" brakes of course ).

I think that it's more believable to think that what the Exorcist is aiming for is, making Tsukune some "new" kind of vampire that has the strength of a "normal" vampire and none of their weaknesses.
Old 2010-01-03, 08:20   Link #12729
xRonan_28x
Itadaki no Kura Hekate

Hello Here I'm xRonan_28x I am A New Member [Registered Jan. 3, 2010]

I Really Like Rosario † Vampire

Is There Gonna Ba A Season 3?? [I Already Finished It All 3 Times]
xRonan_28x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-03, 08:36   Link #12730
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

I think that you should read the manga instead And i think that most of people will agree too ^^
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-03, 08:54   Link #12731
GrimJack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris38 View Post
I think that it's more believable to think that what the Exorcist is aiming for is, making Tsukune some "new" kind of vampire that has the strength of a "normal" vampire and none of their weaknesses.
The only plans he has is for Monsters and humans to live in peace and harmony to the benefit of both.Tsukune's role in that is to be a bridge between the two.

Tsukune will never be a Vampire he will always be human
GrimJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-03, 08:56   Link #12732
xRonan_28x
Itadaki no Kura Hekate

Where Could I Read The Manga Of Rosario † Vampire???
Old 2010-01-03, 09:23   Link #12733
xRonan_28x
Itadaki no Kura Hekate

Thanks For The Link
Old 2010-01-03, 10:10   Link #12734
KoSa333

Read the whole manga , don't try to find where the anime "stopped".
There are no many relations between the anime and the manga (there are some chapters at the beggining but that's all, the manga is much better )
KoSa333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-03, 10:25   Link #12735
zibi88

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Sho- View Post
PAGE LINK
you know that posting links is forbidden right.. ??

Anyway there is not even slighest resemblence between anime and manga... maybe first episodes of season1 were kinda similar but rest is filler and anime only made... manga is 1000% better ^^
zibi88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-03, 10:43   Link #12736
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Arg , i thought it was just for Licencied Anime .
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-03, 11:53   Link #12737
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Sho- View Post
Arg , i thought it was just for Licencied Anime .
Nope the manga is all licensed and released in the U.S.

Anyway, on the note of Tsukune's seal. It was suppose to suppress his powers the way it does Moka, but it doesn't. In the beginning from when it was sealed they kept saying "I thought the vampire blood was suppose to be sealed" and he was able to use his powers regardless of the seal.

The seal acts more as a regulator than a seal. To keep the powers from over taking him and coincidentally allow him to train and use his Yoki efficiently.
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-03, 12:29   Link #12738
Chris38

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrimJack View Post
The only plans he has is for Monsters and humans to live in peace and harmony to the benefit of both.Tsukune's role in that is to be a bridge between the two.

Tsukune will never be a Vampire he will always be human
Well GrimJack I don't think that's true, since I don't think that it was explicitly said what Tsukune is. Well I know that he is being still called a human in the manga, but well we still have remember that there is still vampire blood flowing in his veins and he has to have it sealed by the Holy Lock. So I think that if we have to call Tsukune something I think he is rather a Dhampir ( half human - half vampire ) because he still has some part of him that is human but on the other hand possess vampire abilities ( and none of there weaknesses )

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
Nope the manga is all licensed and released in the U.S.

Anyway, on the note of Tsukune's seal. It was suppose to suppress his powers the way it does Moka, but it doesn't. In the beginning from when it was sealed they kept saying "I thought the vampire blood was suppose to be sealed" and he was able to use his powers regardless of the seal.

The seal acts more as a regulator than a seal. To keep the powers from over taking him and coincidentally allow him to train and use his Yoki efficiently.
I think exactly the same way as you HayashiTakara, I also think that it's working more like a regulator and has a role of controlling Tsukune's unstable youkai powers.

It's quite possible that when Tsukune's body adapts completely to the vampire blood ( which I think will happen when Tsukune master's his vampire abilities ) he won't be needing the seal anymore.

Well what he becomes then is open to debate, but I don't think that Tsukune is going to turn into a "berserk vampire" ( some like to call it a "Ghoul" ). The only reason why he turned "berserk" during Midou's arc is because he couldn't control the "rampaging vampire blood" inside him and the vampire instincts that emerged in him where strong enough to start taking over Tsukune's mind.

I'm thinking that since Tsukune was sealed, ( to some extent ) the vampire instincts or just lying dormant inside him ( I don't think they could disappear, since the vampire blood is still laying dormant inside Tsukune )

What I think is happening is that the more Tsukune uses and learns how to control his power the more he assimilates himself with his vampire instincts.

Last edited by Chris38; 2010-01-03 at 12:45.
Old 2010-01-03, 13:47   Link #12739
velvet nightmare

has there ever been an individual in the past who has mastered the vampire blood? (or is/will tsukene the first?) iirc there have only been cases of ghouls right?
velvet nightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-03, 13:50   Link #12740
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by velvet nightmare View Post
has there ever been an individual in the past who has mastered the vampire blood? (or is/will tsukene the first?) iirc there have only been cases of ghouls right?
Ghouls have no relation to vampires. Tsukune is compared to a ghoul, that's all. Read the chapter again carefully (Ch. 23, pg. 14).

Man...it saddens me that the anime didn't show that. It would have been awesome.

Tags
action, comedy, ecchi, harem, monogamy, romance, shounen, supernatural, tsumoka romance, vampire