AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2010-01-20, 14:03   Link #12881
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

I'm just glad he took the time to read the manga and realize how much of a difference it is between the two. It's like alternate universes.
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-20, 18:21   Link #12882
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Trouble View Post
I was avoiding this because the anime was so bad, but wow, I'm surprised. I really shouldn't be surprised that the manga is good. Anime has a tendency to be worse than the source, but the change is so drastic. It's a shame that the anime was so horrid. They completely killed the story. I'm only on chapter 12 of the first one, but I'll catch up eventually.
Season II or CApu2 is more on the fanservice side while season anime is similar to the manga with added scenes.
Old 2010-01-20, 20:58   Link #12883
GrrDraxin

Send a message via Yahoo to GrrDraxin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris38 View Post
Well, I agree that despite her "hobbies" Ruby seems like a appealing character ... now that you mention it Ruby is an assistant to the headmaster, right ?

Do you think she knows something about the headmaster's plans concerning Tsukune and Moka (since I think she also is included in the Exorcists plans), I mean it's not like she knows everything about it, but at least she would have to be told the reason for some of the orders the Chairman is giving her that are related to Tsukune and his friends, right ?
I doubt it, even if she is his aide, she's still pretty low on the "need to know this or that" list. Chances are, the headmaster just likes not giving her and Tsukune and company any info because somehow they either figure it out themselves, or bumble it in such a way that it ends up benefiting them in the end.

Which it seems to me, that the headmaster just likes watching them fool around for the most part, I mean, he's got that perpetual smile on his face most of the time, and he's NOT The Joker, so scars and mutation are not an excuse for that.
Old 2010-01-20, 22:20   Link #12884
DJ Trouble
Pajama Party!

Done with the first "season". I kind of want to wait until the second one is done before reading it.
DJ Trouble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-20, 22:33   Link #12885
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Done with the first "season". I kind of want to wait until the second one is done before reading it.
It'll be a while. I would say we're only half, 3/4 max, way done, and it's a monthly manga. I couldn't wait that long, lol.
Old 2010-01-20, 22:50   Link #12886
FriedRice84
Beef Fried Rice

Quote:
Wow...you finished S1 pretty quick!

I wouldn't wait for S2 to end because that's gonna be a long wait. I don't even think S2 is going to wrap up in 40 chapters. It's only called S2 because the magazine S1 was in got discontinued and R+V moved to it's current magazine.

Just start reading S2, IMO it's much better than S1. Not only is the plot darker and more interesting, the art is some of the best I've seen.
FriedRice84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-20, 23:12   Link #12887
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
S2, especially as of the latest chapters, is starting to become even more greater than S1... admittedly though, I could use a little bit more of Vamp Tsukune kicking ass, but overall it's still better than S1

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Magin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-21, 01:28   Link #12888
Chris38

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrrDraxin View Post
I doubt it, even if she is his aide, she's still pretty low on the "need to know this or that" list. Chances are, the headmaster just likes not giving her and Tsukune and company any info because somehow they either figure it out themselves, or bumble it in such a way that it ends up benefiting them in the end.

Which it seems to me, that the headmaster just likes watching them fool around for the most part, I mean, he's got that perpetual smile on his face most of the time, and he's NOT The Joker, so scars and mutation are not an excuse for that.
Well, the Exorcist's face facial features are always hidden in the shadows of his hood so we can't be sure if he doesn't have any scars , unless that is how his face looks like without the hood And about the headmaster giving information, well it might be like that, it just interests me from where she has information about the Belmont whip and Tsukune's transformation if she doesn't get any information from the headmaster - well maybe it's more like she doesn't get information regarding the Headmaster's plans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magin View Post
S2, especially as of the latest chapters, is starting to become even more greater than S1... admittedly though, I could use a little bit more of Vamp Tsukune kicking ass, but overall it's still better than S1
Well Magin I also hope to see more of Vamp Tsukune's ass kicking, and about you're statement regarding S1 and S2 I agree with you that S2 is better then S1, it might have started slowly, but with how the latest chaptes developed the story I don't mind ... it's much better then S1.

Last edited by Chris38; 2010-01-21 at 01:41.
Chris38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-21, 03:37   Link #12889
Seitsuki
Onee!

Quote:
Well Magin I also hope to see more of Vamp Tsukune's ass kicking, and about you're statement regarding S1 and S2 I agree with you that S2 is better then S1, it might have started slowly, but with how the latest chaptes developed the story I don't mind ... it's much better then S1.
Agreed. The arc with Mizore was pure tear jerking goodness.
Old 2010-01-21, 10:40   Link #12890
Altima of the Gates
Casting a spell on you...
*Graphic Designer

Location: Where there are no mallets or tentacles.... and the female cast of Tenjou Tenge is mine, all mine!
Send a message via AIM to Altima of the Gates Send a message via MSN to Altima of the Gates Send a message via Yahoo to Altima of the Gates
Just a funny little thing I picked up.
http://www.lovecalculator.com/love.p...=Akashiya+Moka

But when I use the kanji version of their names:

http://www.lovecalculator.com/love.p...90%8C%E9%A6%99
Altima of the Gates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-21, 11:56   Link #12891
Chris38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altima of the Gates View Post
Just a funny little thing I picked up.
http://www.lovecalculator.com/love.p...=Akashiya+Moka

But when I use the kanji version of their names:

http://www.lovecalculator.com/love.p...90%8C%E9%A6%99
Now that's funny ... thanks for for finding it Altima ... so does that mean that according to western people Tsukune and Moka have a less chance of happening then what fans in Japan think about their relationship
Old 2010-01-21, 15:33   Link #12892
GrrDraxin

Quote:
That means you won't be coming back for any more of it for about 2 or 3 years. we're talking about only 12 chapters a year, if the author doesn't take any breaks like he did last year. and to think, it's already been over 2 years since S2 started, that is indeed a long time.
Old 2010-01-22, 02:41   Link #12893
Chris38

Quote:
That means you won't be coming back for any more of it for about 2 or 3 years. we're talking about only 12 chapters a year, if the author doesn't take any breaks like he did last year. and to think, it's already been over 2 years since S2 started, that is indeed a long time.
It was that long time ago ... wow, how much time passes when you fallow something you enjoy ... well I agree if you GrrDraxin if Dj Trouble wanted to wait till this season of R+V would be finished he would have to wait a long time, since if I'm correct Tsukune and the gang or still in their second year of school and I think they are in their second half of the semester - so probably half of their school year is done and it took 26 chapter's to get to this point and since it is released monthly and we had a one month break it means that to get to this point we had to wait 27 months - which is a little over 2 year's ... so unless the plot speeds up a bit I'm thinking that the author will need the same amount of chapter's to conclude the second year and after that there is also there third year to write about (unless the author wants to split the manga again and start a sequel in a new manga, which is a bit unlikely , since the split was caused by the manga being moved into another magazine and it's probably quite popular in Japan now so they probably won't do something like that again).

So if you wanted to wait for the manga to finish you would have to wait approximately 6 year's for that to happen (or quite possibly even longer) so I suggest that you start reading it anyway unless you want to wait a long period of time (Personally I don't think I could hold on without this manga for so long - since it's such an addicting read ) , but well it's you're decision Dj Trouble.

Last edited by Chris38; 2010-01-22 at 03:27.
Old 2010-01-22, 05:17   Link #12894
usspaul

if anyone is interested lewdevil 1 has surfuced the net again and i have it so send a pm if you want the link
usspaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-22, 07:12   Link #12895
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Don't!!!

Continue reading! You'll probably end up waiting another year or two...
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-22, 17:37   Link #12896
GrrDraxin

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
Don't!!!

Continue reading! You'll probably end up waiting another year or two...
That's what we were just saying.

Anyway, I've been thinking a while about this. If by chance that Youkai Academy had an Ethics class, what kinds of things would one expect to see on a quiz or test for such a class?

I think one question might look something like the following, if taught by a youkai that had Saizo's mentality:

-----
You're walking home from work through a dark ally in the human world when you come across a badly beaten human. What do you do?

A. Help them get to a hospital.
B. Call the local authorities to help.
C. Beat the human further.
D. Put the human out of their misery by killing them.
E. Put the human out of their misery by killing them, and then getting rid of the evidence by devouring them.
F. Other

I think it might look that, wouldn't you? I was thinking that it would be an interesting idea if we were to take what we know of Youkai society and try and compile a rudimentary Code of Ethic regarding themselves and humans, just to see if we can try and relate on some issues. I was also thinking that it would be a great resource for fanfic writers to use to gauge how monsters differ from humans ethically, since it would seem that many monsters have a code of ethics that resemble the ethics human criminals use. But I could be wrong on that.
Old 2010-01-22, 22:37   Link #12897
Yorae_paladin1

if they choose C,D,E they failed pretty much
"I do not hate you. I do not think your a monster just another species trying to live like us humans. If there is a monster in this world its nature itself for wanting and allowing spectacles of death and destruction."

Neo Human Angelus Von Doom to Abyssal Riful before there battle. My fic saga revelations of the past title Advent Rising
Yorae_paladin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-22, 23:36   Link #12898
X207
Gamyūsa

though quite a few would go with C D or E either way to get a scolding soon after answering either 3. ie saizo or any anti-thesis or fairy tale member
X207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-23, 04:13   Link #12899
Chris38

Quote:
That's what we were just saying.

Anyway, I've been thinking a while about this. If by chance that Youkai Academy had an Ethics class, what kinds of things would one expect to see on a quiz or test for such a class?

I think one question might look something like the following, if taught by a youkai that had Saizo's mentality:

-----
You're walking home from work through a dark ally in the human world when you come across a badly beaten human. What do you do?

A. Help them get to a hospital.
B. Call the local authorities to help.
C. Beat the human further.
D. Put the human out of their misery by killing them.
E. Put the human out of their misery by killing them, and then getting rid of the evidence by devouring them.
F. Other

I think it might look that, wouldn't you? I was thinking that it would be an interesting idea if we were to take what we know of Youkai society and try and compile a rudimentary Code of Ethic regarding themselves and humans, just to see if we can try and relate on some issues. I was also thinking that it would be a great resource for fanfic writers to use to gauge how monsters differ from humans ethically, since it would seem that many monsters have a code of ethics that resemble the ethics human criminals use. But I could be wrong on that.
Well from what we have seen so far, quite a lot of youkai would go with the C.) D.) and E.) route, youkai that surround Tsukune (Moka, Kurumu, Mizore, Ruby and Yukari - I'm not sure about Kokoa ) would probably go with the A.) or B.) road, but that's only because of Tsukune and his influence on the girls that made them change their opinion of humans and the human world.

I'm thinking that if youkai have something like a Code of Ethics it would probably resemble, for the majority of them, the ethics that human criminals use. Thankfully there appears to exist some judgmental system for youkai as well, since the only reason Saizou was attending Youkai Academy was because he caused to much problems in the human world (he was forced into it against his will), that is a perfect example to show that their are still some laws that youkai can't cross.
Old 2010-01-23, 10:50   Link #12900
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

^

Hmm...

Tsukune didn't call for help when he helped Sun and Gin left the human guy in the Siren chapter to bleed to death after getting hit with the recorded sound of a siren.

Tags
action, comedy, ecchi, harem, monogamy, romance, shounen, supernatural, tsumoka romance, vampire