AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Majutsu no Index

Notices

Old 2013-09-16, 10:24   Link #5061
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Think I should try taking the three snippets, cobble them together and submit them as the first chapter to saint and sinner?
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-16, 10:50   Link #5062
SuzushinaYuriko
SHSL Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokinFerret88 View Post
QUICK! Someone give me a song that I can have Mugino singing!

Preferably something japanese!
How about "Akiiro no Aria"? It's sung by Mugino's voice actor and is quite pretty.

A song that would fit her personality more would be Nano's "No pain, No game".

Sorry about the late post, I was busy...
Old 2013-09-16, 10:51   Link #5063
SmokinFerret88
Comrade Ferret

It's purely up to you demino; but if you do this I think it would be good for you to stick with this particular project and focus on no others unless you are confident that you can handle more than one story at a time.

Btw, here's the snippet....maybe yet another snippet I can use for future chapters.

Spoiler for A Certain Drunkin' Meltdown:

Mugino is Love.

Mugino is Life.

Shizuri's my Dove.

Shizuri's my Wife.
SmokinFerret88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-16, 11:03   Link #5064
demino_hellsin
That one guy

O.o dwah?!?!

Guess I need to close down one of my two active fics if I want to continue... 3 if I count Had Circumstances been Different.
Old 2013-09-16, 11:09   Link #5065
SmokinFerret88
Comrade Ferret

I'm only saying that if you're not confident about keeping up with all the fics you have out right now. If you think you can do it, by all means do it. But I find it much easier to focus on one project and Project Darkness is my baby.

I want it to succeed, and it will, so I can't afford to be distracted with other stories. No matter how much I want to do things like that Crippled Touma story. If I didn't have ACWOD you bet your ass I'd be on that project in a heartbeat.

Mugino is Love.

Mugino is Life.

Shizuri's my Dove.

Shizuri's my Wife.
Old 2013-09-16, 12:37   Link #5066
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokinFerret88 View Post
Lol! Do it!
Get an Ami Koshimizu song.

Anyway, i went and visit the OEL manga and VN Swords of Edo website and got some inspiration for the fanfics i'm working on with what kind of nightwear will the female characters be wearing for certain scenes.

Here are some..... pics in found from the Swords of Edo VN.
NSFW
Warning: Not safe to view at work or school!
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

The first fanfics i'm working is the one where the Level 5s are female and are interested with Touma. The scene i thinking of is Touma ends up in the hospital (again) after battling some weird magic folks. To make sure nobody attacks him during his recovery, three of the Level 5s decide to stay with him for the night (after some fighting, arguing, name calling, voting). In some weird twist of fate, Touma ends up not his usual room but a VIP room that for some reason has a King size bed (Which Heaven Canceler claims the bed was sent by mistake but didn't return since it was a waste to get rid of it.). The girls get an idea how to stay close with Touma. You can probably guess what happens.

The other one was something i just came up for sometime ago. It's an AU where an older Mikoto and Shizuri in college and older Kuroko and Awaki in highschool. Due to some strange reason i'm still unable to know how i got this idea, both Mikoto and Shizuri became a couple and are living together and the same thing happening with Kuroko and Awaki. The fics focuses their daily and love lives.
Old 2013-09-16, 15:08   Link #5067
silverexorcist
Tropes/cliché expert

I came, I saw, I brainstormed, and I wrote. The die has been cast and I have come to a conclusion.

We need more Frenda X Fremea fics.

Spoiler for The Concert:

Last edited by silverexorcist; 2013-09-16 at 15:36.
silverexorcist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-16, 15:24   Link #5068
SmokinFerret88
Comrade Ferret

Comrade Ferret Approves!

Mugino is Love.

Mugino is Life.

Shizuri's my Dove.

Shizuri's my Wife.
Old 2013-09-16, 16:54   Link #5069
omega253

Aaaaaaand I'm back.

Comrade Ferret, your drunk Mugino snip was worth the wait.

Now on to something I just remembered.

Earlier in this thread, I read some discussion about what the left hand counterpart to the Holy Right might be and what powers it had.

What if the Left Hand is Zabaniyah? As in that ability that those Assassin Servants had in Type-Moon.
Old 2013-09-16, 17:18   Link #5070
SmokinFerret88
Comrade Ferret

Quote:
Earlier in this thread, I read some discussion about what the left hand counterpart to the Holy Right might be and what powers it had.
Imagine Breaker.

Think about it, Fiamma's Holy Right was on his right, and Touma's IB is on his Right arm. Now, when the two face the other, each of their respective arm power (as I'm calling it to lessen the confusion) is on their opponent's left side. Even if its power derives from the right arm, to the person observing them from the their front it appears as the left side.

Therefore, Touma's right arm is Fiamma's left and Fiamma's right arm is Touma's left.

The power to heal and the power to destroy. Holy Right clearly was a tool of destruction while Imagine Breaker is a tool of repairing that damage done to the natural order; thus a form of healing.

Or I could be dead wrong about all of this (which is likely) but that's how I personally choose to view it.

Mugino is Love.

Mugino is Life.

Shizuri's my Dove.

Shizuri's my Wife.
Old 2013-09-16, 17:25   Link #5071
Mr.Kyon
I crack you up

I always thought it was symbolic that Dragon King comes out when Touma only has his left arm on.

Believer of the Great Sumeragi.

One Does Not Simply Make Touma A Good Protagonist ~ The Truth.

"Kyon has set his 'enemy that must be defeated' to be 'bad writing' of the world. The more there is, the stronger his Holy Crack " ~ Chaos2Frozen.
Mr.Kyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-16, 17:34   Link #5072
SmokinFerret88
Comrade Ferret

Symbolic how?

Like in the way I described above or do you mean it in a different way?

Mugino is Love.

Mugino is Life.

Shizuri's my Dove.

Shizuri's my Wife.
Old 2013-09-16, 17:37   Link #5073
omega253

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandabreaker View Post
Story type: Long term
Pairing: Fukiyose Seiri x Kamijyo Touma
Summary: It’s the first day of January and everyone has a new year resolution specially for one girl. Seiri Fukiyose has a new goal for the year. Although it branches out into the same ideals of working harder at school and becoming a role-model student. One particular goal is the love of one Touma Kamijyo. Long has she been holding herself in check and no longer will she continue her act. This year is the year when she will finally get herself a boyfriend! Watch out Touma the class rep is on the move!
And it seems like I might've provoked a serious discussion......

Oh well. I guess it's time to derail that.

You see the idea I just quoted above? It's really old. It's on the fourth page of this thread on a list from that Panda dude.

Would anybody mind if I take this idea?
Old 2013-09-16, 17:41   Link #5074
SmokinFerret88
Comrade Ferret

Doubtful, but I'm not positive about it honestly.

Mugino is Love.

Mugino is Life.

Shizuri's my Dove.

Shizuri's my Wife.
Old 2013-09-16, 17:44   Link #5075
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Funny when I imagined the holy right version of IB, the whole monster arm thing, it would be that the arm can only attack 3 times before the flesh fed to it rots. Kamijou has to have his right arm cut off to activate it. And finally, its attack range can hit up to a kilometer. Everything hit will feel like their time stopped for a split second and any abnormal or supernatural happening/trait within the range will be nullified/sealed for a few minutes, seal lasts longer the more powerful the sealed power is.
Old 2013-09-16, 17:48   Link #5076
omega253

I just want to try shipping Fukiyose and Touma.
Old 2013-09-16, 17:53   Link #5077
silverexorcist
Tropes/cliché expert

I thought there was more meaning in the fact that the strange thing appears whenever Kamijou-san's arm is crushed or destroyed, blurring the definition of being a 'right hand'.

silverexorcist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-16, 18:02   Link #5078
allfictions
Of Infinite Resignation

Quote:
Originally Posted by demino_hellsin View Post
staring at that thing for 15 minutes and still can't figure out what it is
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
From what vn game is that?
That's from the visual novel Dies Irae, an untranslated visual novel. I have not played it myself, but the concept seems interesting from what I got from the (extremely) rare summaries I managed to find online. A better (somewhat) summary:

Quote:
As the Soviet Union marches on Berlin in May of 1945, a secretive group of sorcerers and madmen gathers to perform a terrible ritual. They care nothing for the fate of the Reich. To them, the countless lives lost in the battle are the perfect sacrifice to fuel their spell. After the war, they vanish and are not heard from again, except in rumor. One day, it is whispered, they will return. And on that day, the world will end. Fear the demons in human form. Fear the Longinus Dreizehn Orden.

Flash forward to present-day Japan. Fujii Ren is released from the hospital after two months spent recovering from wounds suffered in a vicious brawl with his best friend Shiro. As Christmas approaches, he tries to rebuild his life, clinging to what brilliance remains. But even that is soon threatened. For the knights of the LDO have returned, and brought the apocalypse to his doorstep. Forced to wield the same unholy power as his foes, will Ren be able to protect what is dear to him from the inhuman might of the Longinus Dreizehn Orden?
Images
Nazi Magicians
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

^This is (some members) of the Longinus Dreizehn Orden. Most of them are real life based characters, such as Reinhard Tristan Eugen Heydrich (who, by the way, looks a lot like Fiamma in the game, such as here), Valerian Trifa, and there is even guy who is Hermes Trismegistus, Albertus Magnus, Paracelsus, Michel de Nostredame, Christian Rosenkreuz, Johann Georg Faust, Alessandro di Cagliostro, and the Count of St. Germain all at the same time!

But what interest me the most in this game is the use spells of Norse origin with names such as Múspellsheimr Lavateinn, Midgardr Völsunga Saga, Gladsheimr, Vanaheimr, and Niflheimr Fenrisúlfr, and other spells making references to German folklore, especially operas: Der Freiscütz Samiel, Eine Faust Ouvertüre, Goldene Schwan Lohengrin, plus a reference to Nietzsche (Also sprach Zarathustra)

Now that I think about it, why not write a fic about Touma facing a Nazi magic cabal, like say, descendants of the original Thule Society?
This is nine! Nine! This is nine! Nine! This is ten! Ten! We have killed your friends! Every friend is now dead! This is six! Six! ... Eighteen! This is now eighteen! Take cover when the siren sounds! This is four! Four! ... Five! This is five! Ignore the siren! Even if you leave this room, you can never leave this room! Eight! This is eight! ... Six, this is six. This is goddamn fucking six!
allfictions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-16, 18:02   Link #5079
R.D.Blax

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post

The first fanfics i'm working is the one where the Level 5s are female and are interested with Touma. The scene i thinking of is Touma ends up in the hospital (again) after battling some weird magic folks. To make sure nobody attacks him during his recovery, three of the Level 5s decide to stay with him for the night (after some fighting, arguing, name calling, voting). In some weird twist of fate, Touma ends up not his usual room but a VIP room that for some reason has a King size bed (Which Heaven Canceler claims the bed was sent by mistake but didn't return since it was a waste to get rid of it.). The girls get an idea how to stay close with Touma. You can probably guess what happens.

The other one was something i just came up for sometime ago. It's an AU where an older Mikoto and Shizuri in college and older Kuroko and Awaki in highschool. Due to some strange reason i'm still unable to know how i got this idea, both Mikoto and Shizuri became a couple and are living together and the same thing happening with Kuroko and Awaki. The fics focuses their daily and love lives.
I'm ready to throw money at my screen so your second fic come faster. Yandere x Tsundere and Pervy!Teleport couple is something which should have happened sooner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by omega253 View Post
I just want to try shipping Fukiyose and Touma.
The idea of Pandabreaker can't work... because Fukiyose it's not the class rep ! I think it's Aogami More seriously, I find this idea pretty plain, but if you think you can make it work, go ahead.
R.D.Blax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-16, 18:09   Link #5080
SmokinFerret88
Comrade Ferret

Quote:
^This is (some members) of the Longinus Dreizehn Orden. Most of them are real life based characters, such as Reinhard Tristan Eugen Heydrich (who, by the way, look a lot like Fiamma in the game, such as here), Valerian Trifa, and there is even guy who is Hermes Trismegistus, Albertus Magnus, Paracelsus, Michel de Nostredame, Christian Rosenkreuz, Johann Georg Faust, Alessandro di Cagliostro, and the Count of St. Germain all at the same time!

But what interest me the most in this game is the use spells of Norse origin with names such as Múspellsheimr Lavateinn, Midgardr Völsunga Saga, Gladsheimr, Vanaheimr, and Niflheimr Fenrisúlfr, and other spells making references to German folklore, especially operas: Der Freiscütz Samiel, Eine Faust Ouvertüre, Goldene Schwan Lohengrin, plus a reference to Nietzsche (Also sprach Zarathustra)

Now that I think about it, why not write a fic about Touma facing a Nazi magic cabal, like say, descendants of the original Thule Society?
If I ever get far enough into my Darkness Project to have Touma enter the magic-side, I can probably make this happen. Maybe, not positive, hell I'll need to do a lot of research on it, but I'm pretty sure I can give this a idea a shot.

Which reminds me, I still have Jacob Prier to work on. Interesting concept behind him, if you want the details. I still have his profile somewhere if you wanna see what I have on him thus far.

Mugino is Love.

Mugino is Life.

Shizuri's my Dove.

Shizuri's my Wife.

Tags
character, crack, crossover ideas, discussion, fanfiction