AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Amagami SS

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-08-21, 14:37   Link #21
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Words can't describe how adorable that is.
Right? It really is good. But I kept waiting for the kiss to be mentioned, lol.

And I don't Junichi hit a home run in that hotel room because of the third to last line.
Old 2010-08-21, 22:50   Link #22
ueXia

I'm currently working on a delicious Haruka onomatopeia compilation, or anything hillarious and unique that she's given to us.

"TOSSHAAAAN", "WAOO", "GOU GOU GOU"

I just hope it doesn't get taken off due to copyright, what the hell am I supossed to use? Can Can? Kirby's test course? rofl
Old 2010-08-22, 05:31   Link #23
Apple iGeek
The UB3R G33K

Personally, I find the ending a bit... odd, since it implied... uh.... >.>

My predictions were completely off on the last episode of Haruka's arc.
Spoiler for Scene:

Personally, I find her a bit odd in the head (not in a bad way), and it seems that she really doesn't change at the end (10 years later, still the same personality).

Quote:
I met you at the school cafeteria.
A freshman girl was holding bread in her hands and thanking you.
And I thought, “Ah, she couldn’t buy bread, so you bought it for her”.
I thought that you were a nice guy.
Hehe. The cafeteria is full of people and just like a battlefield during lunchtime,
so it’s highly unlikely that a little girl like her would be able to get past everyone to buy bread.
I see freshmen from time to time get pushed back, unable to buy their bread,
but you’re probably the first person I’ve seen buy bread for one.
When we bumped into each other in the library, you helped me carry the heavy photobooks.
I thought that you were a nice guy, after all.
But, Hibiki got mad at me.
She said she couldn’t believe I asked someone to carry heavy stuff for me even though I didn’t know his name.
That was when you told me your name, wasn’t it?
Tachibana Junichi-kun.
When you helped me carry the photobooks, I felt that there was more to you than just a nice guy.
Hmm, I wondered why.
Somehow, I felt that we had met before, I guess.
Even though I didn’t know your name.
I never thought that I’d be thinking about you this way.
I’ve received confessions from many, many people,
and I’ve said so many sorrys to all of them.
I mean, I didn’t really understand what it is to be in a relationship.
I do understand how to get along with others as friends. I know that much.
But, this wasn’t it. These feelings were special.
I didn’t really understand them.
I discussed this with Hibiki, and she said,
“You’re still a kid, Haruka. The time when you’ll understand it will come soon.”
She always puts on the air of an adult.
But, it seemed that the time when I’d understand came when you confessed to me a second time.
I’ve never had anyone confess to me a second time up until now.
Nobody’s ever approached me the same way after I turned them down with a “sorry”.
But, you were different.
You looked straight at me with those cute puppy eyes of yours,
and said to me, “I like you”.
In the library that day, my heart began to race.
After that, I became a little weird.
I didn’t like it when you were friendly with other girls.
I wanted to be with you.
And… I wanted your affection.
But, I thought that it was wrong to want your affection, since I’m the older one.
Though, when I just went ahead and did it, you took it all in.
Hehe, the salty ramen I ate afterwards was really good!
I mean, I got all hungry from the nervousness of using the Meow Meow Attack on you.
I wonder what will happen to us from now on?
Will we go out together?
Or… are we already lovers?
Will I be… your girlfriend?
I wonder if you’ll kiss me behind my knee again like you did in the water pump shed?
Ah, but, I’m saving everything that comes after that for later!
You’re a little perverted, but really nice.
I, Morishima Haruka, love you so much!
I think that quote that DragoZERO mentioned, about Haruka's monologue, is from the game that Amagami SS is based on. It's based on some dating sim, and I would assume that the monologue was read/voiced at the end of the game (based on the player's choices, he chose Haruka). I'll just take a guess, but I think that the hotel episode/scene and that flash forward 10 years later never happened in the game, but was written so that there would be a happy ending for the viewers. Either way, that monologue is adorable. XD
Old 2010-08-22, 11:37   Link #24
aldw

The 10 years later still shot is in the game, so the writers weren't pulling that out of thin air.
Old 2010-08-22, 14:45   Link #25
Somnus
Eh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
I don't know where to put this or if it was posted already somewhere, so yeah.

Raze from UTW translated Haruka's monologue. I don't know where the monologue came from or anything though, lol.

Spoiler for Saving space:
Like Shiroth said, this monologue is freaking adorable. As fun as Kaoru was, I still liked Haruka better in the end (not to mention I liked the ending more as well).

I actually rewatched eps 1-4 after watching then end of Kaoru's arc.

This all coming from the guy who said he was tired of the Haruka type when the show started!
Old 2010-08-31, 04:57   Link #26
Knightrunner

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
I don't know where to put this or if it was posted already somewhere, so yeah.

Raze from UTW translated Haruka's monologue. I don't know where the monologue came from or anything though, lol.
That's actually a good monologue that deserves to be reposted.

Spoiler for Space Saving:
Old 2010-09-14, 16:46   Link #27
U<3Anime
Boo!

That's one sweet monologue. It was so sweet that it made my heart race and to the point where i was going to blush.
Old 2010-09-15, 03:41   Link #28
pikachuwei

i like haruka the most of all the girls... :x
Old 2010-09-18, 19:25   Link #29
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

She is stealing spot light outside of her arc
Old 2010-09-18, 19:39   Link #30
Knightrunner

Quote:
Originally Posted by kk2extreme View Post
That is why she is one of the best girls.
Old 2010-09-18, 20:52   Link #31
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knightrunner View Post
That is why she is one of the best girls.
Haruka is just to great that she must be included in other arcs
Old 2010-09-19, 04:28   Link #32
pikachuwei

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apple iGeek View Post

Spoiler for Scene:

Personally, I find her a bit odd in the head (not in a bad way), and it seems that she really doesn't change at the end (10 years later, still the same personality).

I think that quote that DragoZERO mentioned, about Haruka's monologue, is from the game that Amagami SS is based on. It's based on some dating sim, and I would assume that the monologue was read/voiced at the end of the game (based on the player's choices, he chose Haruka). I'll just take a guess, but I think that the hotel episode/scene and that flash forward 10 years later never happened in the game, but was written so that there would be a happy ending for the viewers. Either way, that monologue is adorable. XD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Somnus View Post
Like Shiroth said, this monologue is freaking adorable. As fun as Kaoru was, I still liked Haruka better in the end (not to mention I liked the ending more as well).

I actually rewatched eps 1-4 after watching then end of Kaoru's arc.

This all coming from the guy who said he was tired of the Haruka type when the show started!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knightrunner View Post
That's actually a good monologue that deserves to be reposted.

Spoiler for Space Saving:
Quote:
Originally Posted by U<3Anime View Post
That's one sweet monologue. It was so sweet that it made my heart race and to the point where i was going to blush.

oh god i listened to the monologue while reading it and the sweetness effect was multiplied by infinity

my heart just died and went to heaven T___T
Old 2010-09-20, 19:12   Link #33
pagan poor
Swayin' to the beat

Quote:
Originally Posted by kk2extreme View Post
Definitely. Her awesomeness can't be confined to just her arc.
Old 2010-09-22, 04:35   Link #34
grandchaosSR
Servant of the Void

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apple iGeek View Post

Spoiler for Scene:

The monologue is from Amagami Ending Singles CD. Every girl has her own CD and monologue. It also contains some BGM from the Anime.

Haruka is my fave character so far. She is unintentionally funny, adorable and you just can't take your eyes off her.
Old 2010-09-23, 09:42   Link #35
coderlan
Student

Not going to make a list of pros here but for me, she's by far the most unique character in this anime, also the voice acting is very good!
Old 2010-09-23, 13:39   Link #36
Knightrunner

Haruka is one of the most unique characters to me too. I'm glad that she is so awesome that they cannot contain her in one arc. She kind of reminds me of me when I was in highschool except that I am a male when it comes to meeting people everywhere or in every corner. I guess joining many clubs can do that to a person because I remember in Lunch I had to go to so many classrooms because all the meetings were all in the same day and different times.

Spoiler for ;):
Old 2010-09-23, 14:09   Link #37
Ricky Controversy
Frandle & Nightbag

I'd be interested to get a summary perspective from some Haruka fans as to what exactly makes her 'awesome' and 'unique' in your eyes. Perhaps there's something I'm not seeing?
Old 2010-09-23, 14:32   Link #38
Knightrunner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky Controversy View Post
I'd be interested to get a summary perspective from some Haruka fans as to what exactly makes her 'awesome' and 'unique' in your eyes. Perhaps there's something I'm not seeing?
If I remember to do this after I come out of class I'll tell you scenes and instances in what makes her unique and special. Even outside her arc she still shines. And when you think about it she likes nice people. After she saw the main character help sai get her lunch she knows that he is a good guy and feel comortable around that guy.

I'll try to get around it today and I can't wait to hear your opinion in what you think.
Old 2010-09-24, 09:13   Link #39
grandchaosSR
Servant of the Void

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky Controversy View Post
Haruka is approachable for a school idol. The usual school idol stereotype thinks highly of themselves and doesn't interact with "lesser" people. Haruka on the other hand, is down to earth and is not pretentious. When she makes friends she doesn't do it to gain popularity or favor she does it because that is her character. She has a lot of weird quirks that normal people wouldn't do but is not uncommon IRL. Like playing leap frog or wrestling with boys. She also has unintentional yuri-like tendencies, likes role playing and likes cute things to the point that would even stalk little girls. She has funny Engrish catch phrases like WAU!!! Go go go!!! Even though she is showered with affection she can't express her emotions properly which IMO makes cute. She loves to tease boys to the point that she would lie so she could be alone with Junichi in a hotel. She is an airhead...

Well I guess that list is enough...
Old 2010-09-24, 13:08   Link #40
Knightrunner

Quote:
Originally Posted by grandchaosSR View Post
Haruka is approachable for a school idol. The usual school idol stereotype thinks highly of themselves and doesn't interact with "lesser" people. Haruka on the other hand, is down to earth and is not pretentious. When she makes friends she doesn't do it to gain popularity or favor she does it because that is her character. She has a lot of weird quirks that normal people wouldn't do but is not uncommon IRL. Like playing leap frog or wrestling with boys. She also has unintentional yuri-like tendencies, likes role playing and likes cute things to the point that would even stalk little girls. She has funny Engrish catch phrases like WAU!!! Go go go!!! Even though she is showered with affection she can't express her emotions properly which IMO makes cute. She loves to tease boys to the point that she would lie so she could be alone with Junichi in a hotel. She is an airhead...
Well I guess that list is enough...
Well said. I just have to argue though that she is not an airhead. I'm not sure what airhead means to most people, but it means stupid, simpleton, bimbo, or some sort. Usually in my area it is used in a negative context.

I also like some of her Engrish catch phrases like okay dokie. When she wants to play leap frog or wrestle the boys it reminds me she still like kid games. I would say that she is like water like how her best friend and the main described her. She is carefree and down-to-earth even though she is the school idol not trying to raise her popularity and changes the tide according to what she feels like doing. A person can have many wondeful memory and experience just hanging out with her. Of course to some guys she may come across as the biggest tease at times, but I am okay with it since she doesn't seem too aware in how people adore her and isn't trying to pull in any heartstrings in purpose. Haruka likes nice guys which is a plus. She only started to interact with the main after witnessing how the main helped Sai get some bread from the crowd of students. I also like how she rejected him in the 1st episode. That scene showed that she liked how he had the confidence to ask her out, but she was blantely honest when she said she want an older reliable guy at the time. She wasn't playing any games with his head which gave another plus in my book.

When the 2nd episode hits it seems like Haruka is all over the place. Maybe that is how she got her popularityn (Plus she has a tendency to pop up in other people's arc . And I just LOL when she said she stood up watching a favorite television show so she borrowed a bed in the school hospital. If only they can do that in the United States When they are in the infirmary she raised up a good point when she said people don't have to know each other through dating. She also didn't see him any different which is a good in this case. She gives all the cues that she doesn't mind if he still hangs around even though he got rejected in a nice way. I just LOL even more when she said she liked a charismatic, reliable, leadership type of guy and in the end phrase said maybe not. Her perception of guys seems like it changes time from time, but one thing for sure is that she wants to depend on the person. ... (I may go on later. Feeling tired right now)

Overall though she always gives this positive aura and never really lashed out it other people. Even tough the main's sister doesn't like her she made a goal that someday they will be friends. Not to many people have that type of positive outlook. Usually the reaction would be what is wrong with that BI$%#, but instead she wants to make the main's sister a friend.
Closed Thread