AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2010-10-10, 20:31   Link #281
SonOfHeaven
Metal Gear!?

Just read the latest chapters. I'm actually looking forward to how the story will continue. I was sad when Shiho died but these two new female characters seem interesting.
Old 2010-10-11, 05:46   Link #282
Ravenblitz
|・ω・`)

Send a message via MSN to Ravenblitz
Same here... more anticipation and excitement
Old 2010-10-11, 18:13   Link #283
KrimzonStriker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfHeaven View Post
Just read the latest chapters. I'm actually looking forward to how the story will continue. I was sad when Shiho died but these two new female characters seem interesting.

Sad thing is that both the new female characters are more connected to Shiion, I'm a bit worried that with her death, and no likely replacement to ease his suffering, Goomoonryong probably won't make it by the end of the series.
Old 2010-10-11, 19:35   Link #284
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrimzonStriker View Post
Sad thing is that both the new female characters are more connected to Shiion, I'm a bit worried that with her death, and no likely replacement to ease his suffering, Goomoonryong probably won't make it by the end of the series.
Goomoonryong is unknowingly working for the actual murderer of Shiho. Frankly, death is all I see at the end of the tunnel for him.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-11, 21:18   Link #285
SonOfHeaven
Metal Gear!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrimzonStriker View Post
You never know maybe Goomoonryong will still live at the end of the series. These two new female characters I see potential as just adding something to the overall series for Shiion.
Old 2010-10-12, 06:39   Link #286
Key Board
Carbon

Just finished part 1

When I first saw Shiho I said to myself.. "you know.. she's the kind of girl that a manwha author would kill off to generate melodrama"

I have a smug satisfaction knowing I was right, yet I will miss her.
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-12, 07:25   Link #287
DarkLordOfkichiku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
Just finished part 1

When I first saw Shiho I said to myself.. "you know.. she's the kind of girl that a manwha author would kill off to generate melodrama"

I have a smug satisfaction knowing I was right, yet I will miss her.
She was a hot AND fun gal. She'll be sorely missed . Here's to hoping that the newcomers can replace her to some extent...
DarkLordOfkichiku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-12, 07:49   Link #288
evil|plushie
The Last Frontier

Was expecting both her and Goomoonryong to both bite it, knowing how wuxia stories usually go.

http://sining83.blogspot.com
evil|plushie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-12, 17:49   Link #289
KLGChaos
The Shermain

I'm just a little saddened to see Shioon back to his old pathetic self, cowering at women yelling at him and such. I hope he's not powerless for too long as I've never liked resets in manga like this (loss of powers, amnesia, etc) as it's usually a cop-out by the author to artificially extend things without having to actually put effort into it. It's like "Hmm... ran into a corner? Time to start over again from scratch!"
Old 2010-10-12, 19:03   Link #290
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

What, did you expect him to punch her or something?

Even if he didn't lose his power, he would had acted the same in chapter 1.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Old 2010-10-12, 19:42   Link #291
Johnny
Working the bags...

I agree, he was that way even when he had his mojo...
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-12, 20:02   Link #292
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

All he needs is a high-pwr girl(s) by his side and he'll be a dead ringer for Tsukune from R+V (manga vers.) The punk rock-looking girl seems okay - getting hard tsundere vibes from her but she seems slightly more prone to violence. And the other girl with the long dark hair just screams yandere to me.
Old 2010-10-12, 20:03   Link #293
Xacual

He doesn't need another Tsundere he already has Sosul. She just needs to get cured and come back looking her age!

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-12, 21:25   Link #294
Johnny
Working the bags...

I think Sosul will look close to how that one teacher Yunji I think her name was looked. I mistook them as sisters at first...
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-12, 21:30   Link #295
Lime soda

I'm pretty happy about the two new girl characters. I always thought the female classmate of Shioon was too normal and neighbor-ly like. I really hope those two do become potential love interests for him. Though the dark haired girl looks like she's a teacher dunno if she's even gonna be a ally. But I like her character design the most, the long hair and the bangs especially.
Lime soda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-12, 22:44   Link #296
Iron21

Finally got around to reading new waves, two nice looking girls. The feisty one is surely on his side, don't know about the other one, she's 50/50 for me. Wouldn't go putting her into his potential harem without details first, she could be a grown ass women, who possibly want to kick his ass or want to use him for her evil deeds or something.

The author note at the end made me feel even more that he isn't ready for a weekly manhwa. He's already talking about losing sleep and missing deadlines.

Hope he gets adjusted to it quickly.

Even though new good looking girls are being introduce, I'm still holding out hope for a possible healthy Sosul. I'm just too damn curious now about what she would look like if healthy. I don't care if it's a flashback, dream, or illusion. Extreme curiosity is now settling in right now.

Hoping that one of those girls in the sketch is her.
Iron21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-13, 04:29   Link #297
DarkLordOfkichiku

Quote:
Originally Posted by KLGChaos View Post
I'm just a little saddened to see Shioon back to his old pathetic self, cowering at women yelling at him and such. I hope he's not powerless for too long as I've never liked resets in manga like this (loss of powers, amnesia, etc) as it's usually a cop-out by the author to artificially extend things without having to actually put effort into it. It's like "Hmm... ran into a corner? Time to start over again from scratch!"
Yeah, I usually hate resets like that too (seen that far too many times in comics, alas). But in his defense, him "cowering at women" is part of his usual attitude, sorta - he IS rather nice and meek to begin with (but as we know, there's a hidden badass under that soft surface ).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lime soda View Post
I'm pretty happy about the two new girl characters. I always thought the female classmate of Shioon was too normal and neighbor-ly like. I really hope those two do become potential love interests for him.
Well Saehee and Shioon seems more like friends than anything else (then, again, so far Saehee haven't had any rivals so far, so maybe she feels that they can take it nice and slow? )

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron21 View Post
The author note at the end made me feel even more that he isn't ready for a weekly manhwa. He's already talking about losing sleep and missing deadlines.

Hope he gets adjusted to it quickly.
Yeah, it's an ambitious step on his part. We can only hope he won't stumble on too many stones on his newly choosen path.

Quote:
Even though new good looking girls are being introduce, I'm still holding out hope for a possible healthy Sosul. I'm just too damn curious now about what she would look like if healthy. I don't care if it's a flashback, dream, or illusion. Extreme curiosity is now settling in right now. :
I'd be surpised if we do NOT see a healthy & grown-up Sosul before it's all over .
Old 2010-10-13, 06:33   Link #298
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
He doesn't need another Tsundere he already has Sosul. She just needs to get cured and come back looking her age!
I don't know, she'd probably be a little more 'open' then about her affection when she returns. Frankly, I wouldn't be surprised if she pulls something crazy like transfer to his school, hide her real identity and try a whole new approach at 'flagging' him, because clearly the loli tsundere stick has no effect on a non-pedo. Maybe as a kuudere this time.

Quote:
Hoping that one of those girls in the sketch is her.

This, maybe? Sure seems like an older Sosul, based on the hair.

Old 2010-10-13, 07:03   Link #299
DarkLordOfkichiku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
I don't know, she'd probably be a little more 'open' then about her affection when she returns. Frankly, I wouldn't be surprised if she pulls something crazy like transfer to his school, hide her real identity and try a whole new approach at 'flagging' him, because clearly the loli tsundere stick has no effect on a non-pedo. Maybe as a kuudere this time.
I like the idea about her transfering into Shioon's school . A kuudere, huh? Well, come to think about it, this is more or less what she were like earlier in the story - it was only after she got familiar with Shioon that she got more Tsundere-ish...

Quote:

Hmm, I'd say thew lower right image, but... we'll see.
Old 2010-10-13, 10:33   Link #300
Iron21

Quote:

Spoiler for ....:

Yeah...... that's the one I was hoping for to be her.

Kinda similar hair style.
Iron21 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gar, harem, manhwa, martial arts, new waves