AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2013-12-26, 20:15   Link #101
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Quote:
I'm reading Gosick Red now. So far it feels a lot like a retread of the previous series, just in a new location. The relationship between Kazuya and Victorique doesn't seem to have progressed that much from before. Not really what I was hoping for, but I'll read on and hope it gets better.
I wouldn't be surprised, actually. There has been at least a year gap between the end of Gosick's media and Gosick Red, so the volume should act as a refresher of sorts.

By the way, Ruri Kujo is now married to a Musha(no)kouji and has a son. What happened to her and the other characters?
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-26, 22:06   Link #102
taichi-kun

Victorica looks beautiful with that dress
taichi-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-27, 00:23   Link #103
agrifolia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
I wouldn't be surprised, actually. There has been at least a year gap between the end of Gosick's media and Gosick Red, so the volume should act as a refresher of sorts.
I guess it works as an introduction to the series for new readers. The set-up in chapter one, with Kazuya going to meet Victorique and her guessing correctly about what he had been doing while insulting him copiously, is exactly like every chapter one in the other novels. It's still weird seeing them still bicker and call each other names as if they haven't changed at all, despite the 5 years of trials they've gone through by this point. But I suppose the author intends to give them more development in later books. At this point they aren't even married yet, only living together awkwardly, and referred to by others as roommates.

Quote:
By the way, Ruri Kujo is now married to a Musha(no)kouji and has a son. What happened to her and the other characters?
Mushanokouji, who was introduced in GosickS II. Ruri's father tried to marry her off to one of Yasuhiro's friends when she was close to graduating high school. She initially hated the idea since she couldn't stand square-jawed manly men like her father and brothers, but after learning about the sensitive guy hiding inside his rough exterior, she warmed up to him. Now they live in Greenwich Village and have a son named Rokushou ("verdigris" or "patina"...strange name if you ask me) who is scared of uncle Kazuya but in awe of Victorique.

I don't recall any other characters mentioned by name. But in the epilogue, a certain blond-haired, green-eyed aristocrat who loves to dress fashionably is mentioned as having been scouted off the streets of Sauvreme and propelled into becoming an international movie star...
agrifolia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-27, 01:18   Link #104
Zefyris
図書館狼

I was going to answer the question about Mushanokouji and Ruri after eating, but that's not necessary anymore ^^"

That image of Victorique is quite beautiful again.

Quote:
The relationship between Kazuya and Victorique doesn't seem to have progressed that much from before. Not really what I was hoping for, but I'll read on and hope it gets better.
I'd say, it's better if they start the same way and then develop their relationship directly during the novel rather than seeing them changed and not knowing/seeing how it happened. So as long as they changes during Gosick Red, it'll be better that way than seeing them already changed.

BTW, why is Gosick RED so pricey compared to other volumes of gosick/other light novels?
EDIT: ah, it's not a bunko format but a tankoubon, I see.
Old 2013-12-27, 08:14   Link #105
agrifolia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zefyris View Post
I'd say, it's better if they start the same way and then develop their relationship directly during the novel rather than seeing them changed and not knowing/seeing how it happened. So as long as they changes during Gosick Red, it'll be better that way than seeing them already changed.
If this is the point at which the author is going to pick up the story again, then I agree that keeping all changes on camera is better from the standpoint of the reader. But it seems odd in light of the timeline. GosickS I to Gosick 8b took place in less than a year, but the characters underwent huge changes in their personal growth and way of relating to each other. Now five more years have passed, of which several months have been spent living together in NY, and before that an unknown amount of time together in Japan. But their relationship seems to have taken a step backward if anything. I didn't think Kazuya at least would feel content just living as friends with Victorique rather than lovers after that intense scene during their last night together in 8a.

I thought going with another volume of GosickS that takes place in Japan would have made more sense for picking up where they left off. I still hope the author writes one eventually.

In fact, Gosick Red seemed to me more like a continuation to the anime storyline where most of the romantic development of the novels never took place. I especially had that feeling after hearing the radio drama of the first chapter, which would have sounded totally at home if it had taken place at some point in the anime. Since the previous series was completed before the adaptation was broadcast, and I know the author enjoyed the anime a lot, I wonder if watching it had some influence on her writing of Red?
agrifolia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-27, 08:50   Link #106
AP24

Gosick Red is a new series that is not just 1 volume, right?
AP24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-27, 09:15   Link #107
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Quote:
I don't recall any other characters mentioned by name. But in the epilogue, a certain blond-haired, green-eyed aristocrat who loves to dress fashionably is mentioned as having been scouted off the streets of Sauvreme and propelled into becoming an international movie star...
Well, Grevil already has it in him. He's as flambuoyant as a movie star long long ago.

Quote:
If this is the point at which the author is going to pick up the story again, then I agree that keeping all changes on camera is better from the standpoint of the reader. But it seems odd in light of the timeline. GosickS I to Gosick 8b took place in less than a year, but the characters underwent huge changes in their personal growth and way of relating to each other. Now five more years have passed, of which several months have been spent living together in NY, and before that an unknown amount of time together in Japan. But their relationship seems to have taken a step backward if anything. I didn't think Kazuya at least would feel content just living as friends with Victorique rather than lovers after that intense scene during their last night together in 8a.
A return to status quo considering all the stuff happened during the Second Wind may in fact be awkward. (I mean, by the end of the war, they should have been way more than friends.) Does it mean that they have actually become accustomed to New York that their old interactions from Sauville just sprung back up? And let's consider that their relationship isn't portrayed like in romance where a change of relationship also affects how one relates to the other. Their romance is not really obvious to us readers, but we know that they love each other very much.

Their love story is really unusual, but not totally unrealistic.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Old 2013-12-28, 20:44   Link #108
omegasereon

I just marathoned the anime and enjoyed it. I'm happy that there is going to be a sequel and are there any more spoilers about it?
omegasereon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-19, 22:36   Link #109
Bakaizer
Demon Hunter

I'm curious of the events that happened in Japan where Victorique reunites with Kujo. aside from those confessions what happens next regarding kujos family
Old 2014-01-19, 22:46   Link #110
Sumeragi
Banned

I haven't read Red, but for some reason I feel that a "business as usual" approach actually works out. It's been five years since the reunion, so all the possible lovely-dovely would probably have been done with already and things are settled to attachment.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-04, 09:51   Link #111
taichi-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
I haven't read Red, but for some reason I feel that a "business as usual" approach actually works out. It's been five years since the reunion, so all the possible lovely-dovely would probably have been done with already and things are settled to attachment.
But if gosick red takes place in 1931 that mean they are not married yet so there will be room for romantic antics..
taichi-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-05, 12:17   Link #112
Azeitona

:p

Maybe something happened while they were in Japan, who knows....
Actually, something that will be explained in the future, cause it makes no sense to start the series like this.
I didn't read the novels at all, but according to what I know, it really is strange...maybe something about Kazuya's Family or about Victorique herself
At the beginning Gosick never makes sense until we reach some explanation part, so, we'll know in the future.
Azeitona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-21, 05:06   Link #113
lucasdeis

When did Victorique and Kujo get married? LN or Gosick red and when was this 1934 or before?

i've been reading this post and all the people says they are married and they live in new york

Last edited by Flower; 2014-07-24 at 02:39. Reason: Please do not double post....
lucasdeis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-21, 07:05   Link #114
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucasdeis View Post
i've been reading this post and all the people says they are married and they live in new york
It was actually a spam post. That is why it made no sense. So no worries.
Old 2014-07-27, 00:05   Link #115
lucasdeis

I saw in this Thread it said that they shared a kiss and then they married. is this truth? i would like to know :S i just wanna know if they married and/or shared a kiss

Last edited by Flower; 2014-07-27 at 03:18. Reason: Please do not double post....
lucasdeis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-17, 12:55   Link #116
Azeitona

Gosick Blue

Gosick Blue, the sequel of Gosick Red is coming in November!
Azeitona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-17, 20:27   Link #117
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

The mystery involves a party held in the Chrysler Building Apocalypse during Summer of 1930. I was thinking of the Empire State, but it wasn't completed until 1931.

Old 2014-11-17, 09:52   Link #118
@GEMC

did some one already translated gosick red?
Old 2015-03-11, 02:50   Link #119
Bakaizer
Demon Hunter

Any updates, spoilers or translations?
Old 2015-03-11, 04:15   Link #120
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

The only translation group I know [Agrifolia] hasn't updated the project despite promising a comeback last December.

Tags
light novels, romance, shounen