Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2017-06-28, 03:16   Link #1741
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueknight78 View Post
well that is the problem of different countrie different issues and different ways to deal with, japaneses have the "high pressure" of you need to be part of society you must "be important" you must work hard, you must be better than anyone, the bully and expectations in japan is really crap, many artists in japan suffer a lot, like mangakas and idols, like a idol in japan in most of the cases must be "virgin" can't have relationships, must live for the fans, they lives for the fans expectations, the same goes for her, this make the teens very fragily and easy influenced and scared of fail and not fith in the society or be a total failure, this lead to the big ammount of suicides.

another note is which for japaneses suicide is more like a "honor" than a weakness since the "samurai ages" where they where expectate to literally give they lifes for they lords and suicide, then they saw it much less "terrible than us".

while i agree with this sounds crazy and stupid i try to accept which is "they way to deal with it, but i really hope which some of the changes they are having over the time can also help stop that and make that sort of "old mindeset die" cuz while being part of society is important this can't be a source of fears, stress and doubts, the person must do that because he want not because they are forcing him on it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by xrick View Post
Japan, in that sense, as far as I notice it, can still be quite the old-fashioned and conservative kind of society.
For such mindset to die, it's still gonna take quite some nice time...unfortunately.
Still, societal pressure and bullying won't die out, that's for sure. If not, more liberty of mind and action may lead to even harsher treatments.

I know I may be sounding cynical, but that's I've been seeing the world evolve as of late, especially with the current young generation
I'm speaking as someone who as part of a school program studied abroad in Japan for 3 months and lived in a homestay and got to know a lot of aspects of the culture much better than I could have without that particular type of experience.

@Blueknight I agree that
Spoiler for length:

@xrick Hmmm... My personal opinion is that
Spoiler for length:

Favorite Game Series: #0 The legend of heroes (everything but especially ZERO/AO) #1 Zero escape series. #2 Persona series. #3 Pokemon. #4 Bravely Default series. ; #5 Ace Attorney (including the spin-offs); #6 Legend of Zelda. #7 Dragon Quest (including the spin-offs)

Favorite Anime: Castle in the Sky (why is this so underrated ) Gankutsuou; Railgun S; Little Witch Academia (one of the most philosophically interesting/deep shows that I've seen, while also being the single most feel good of feel good shows that I have ever seen; literally the weirdest combination ever); Kill la Kill (because it saved anime )
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-28, 03:46   Link #1742
RDNexus

Just like most, if not all, countries in the world, each system has strengths and weaknesses and values that make the other countries question each other.

Yes, there seems to be a semblance of change coming up, but it surely will still take a nice while to cause any kind of effect on society.

Thanks for you account, @dniv, it's quite insightful.
RDNexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-28, 09:49   Link #1743
magnuskn

Episode 13 preview is up:

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Uh, that was something else. ^^
Old 2017-06-28, 10:02   Link #1744
RDNexus

Too fricking weird of a Preview. Isn't this week a recap episode or something?
RDNexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-28, 10:04   Link #1745
Shadow5YA

I really hope there are surprises.

We don't need Charon doing the same thing Alicetaria did for another half of the season because he doesn't know any better.
Shadow5YA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-28, 10:13   Link #1746
Kurohane

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post

YouTube

Meteora breaking the 4th wall, she's gaining even more power...

On a serious note, this is a part of the rough draft I'm guessing?
Old 2017-06-28, 10:25   Link #1747
The One Above God
Kamijou

Maa maa maaa~ that was adorable and funny at the same time . I imagined the strike continuing, but I didn't think they will actually do it .

"I'll destroy that illusion!"
The One Above God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-28, 10:26   Link #1748
magnuskn

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrick View Post
Too fricking weird of a Preview. Isn't this week a recap episode or something?
Yeah, it's a recap. I'm pretty sure that they'll frame it in an amusing way.
Old 2017-06-28, 10:29   Link #1749
zztop

Or they could be using Ep 13 as the recap.
zztop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-28, 10:35   Link #1750
magnuskn

Yes, that's what we said.
Old 2017-06-28, 12:36   Link #1751
Tenzen12

Quote:

YouTube

No power in the world can stop Meteora from providing exposition!
Old 2017-06-29, 12:59   Link #1752
xizro345
King's Justice

Well, my BD copy arrived today...in this shape:

Images

The BD was safe, sadly the poster attached to it wasnt:

Images

I still have to check the actual episodes to see if the so-called "Director's cut" version is actually different or not.

EDIT: More hints that this recap episode won't be done in the usual way, from the official twitter:

Spoiler for Episode 13 spoilers:

Last edited by xizro345; 2017-06-29 at 14:57.
xizro345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-29, 15:48   Link #1753
magnuskn

Please report back if there are any significant changes. And it's really too bad that the postal service mishandled your package.

If the BD's do have subs, contrary to expectations, please give notice!
Old 2017-06-29, 18:56   Link #1754
MK-95-
Best Girl Connoisseur

I'm a bit late to the party, but I've been watching this since the beginning and only decided to get active about discussing it now. It's a shame I missed out on such interesting discussion. But enough about that. I'll just give my overall opinion on the series so far since the first half has aired and my thoughts about the theme of the series in general.

Starting off with the theme: This is a first for me. Normally, it's all about people traveling to a fantasy world, but this one decided to do the opposite and have the fantasy characters appear in the real world. The only other anime/Ln I can name at the top of my head that did this is Hataraku maou-sama. Though, the key difference being that both worlds are real as far as the reader/viewer is concerned. Whereas, in Re:Creators, the visitors are all indeed fictional, but somehow are given life via their creator's imagination and the reader's/viewer's approval. This alone puts Re:Creators up there as one of the more truly original concepts out there in every sense of the word. In a time where we can say almost everything and anything you can think of has already been done, we get this which is truly one of a kind and tries to flip an entire genre on its head.

General opinion of the first half: So far, it's handling itself pretty well and while being ambitious is good, it also knows that being too ambitious could potentially harm it. So, as of right now, it still hasn't done anything too over the top that'd irk me and while it does take itself seriously, it knows where to draw the line and doesn't cross over into the territory of taking itself too seriously. However, I wonder if they could maintain this balance since it's already been confirmed that the problems they face are on a global scale.

Characters are all unique and likeable in their own ways. Everyone also has pretty diverse personalities and this keeps character interaction fresh/interesting since each character would have differing opinions and interpretations of the same topic. The character I had the most gripes with would be Sota since he felt really flat and didn't really start developing his own character until about 9 episodes in. Kinda sad that fictional characters have more personality than a literal real person. Though, I'd have to say that his interactions with Magane really managed to salvage his character for me. It gave him the opportunity to actually express something and the followup with infodumping his insecurities/regrets in the following episodes actually made him relate-able and appealing to me.

I'd have to say that Magane is imo the most complex character for obvious reasons and you can never truly predict what she'll do next. That said, I have a love/hate opinion of her. I love how she can see everything from a truly neutral perspective and her wordplay game is high tier. If you can vilify the concept of justice and chivalry, then you have my praise. By the same token, I dislike the operational principle behind her powers and her overall nature is repulsive. I get that lying is her shtick and all, but damn, the way she goes about doing it just kinda pisses me off.

Favourite character as of right now is probably Meteora. Idk, something about her just makes you wanna protect her. Also, idk if anyone else noticed this, but I kinda get this feeling that she low key likes Sota. Though I could be wrong and simply reading too much into something that isn't there. *shrugs*

All in all, a decent watch and definitely one of the more entertaining anime of the Spring 2017 season. Is it worthy of being considered an anime of the year contender? I'm not sure since we're only halfway into the year, but I am sure that it's guaranteed to be remembered as one of the standout anime for this year and may be talked about for years to come. As for whether it'd be talked about fondly or as an anime that wasted its vast potential, we'll have our answer when it finishes airing.
"When there is evil in this world that justice cannot defeat, would you taint your hands with evil to defeat evil? Or would you remain steadfast and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?" - Lelouch vi Britannia as Zero.
MK-95- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-29, 20:48   Link #1755
bakato

Quote:
Originally Posted by xizro345 View Post
Well, my BD copy arrived today...in this shape:

Images

The BD was safe, sadly the poster attached to it wasnt:

Images

I still have to check the actual episodes to see if the so-called "Director's cut" version is actually different or not.

EDIT: More hints that this recap episode won't be done in the usual way, from the official twitter:

Spoiler for Episode 13 spoilers:
Well, if you're gonna do a recap might as well make it fun.
Old 2017-06-29, 22:25   Link #1756
xizro345
King's Justice

Quote:
Please report back if there are any significant changes. And it's really too bad that the postal service mishandled your package.

If the BD's do have subs, contrary to expectations, please give notice!
No subtitles, of course.

I checked the two episodes but at a first glance I didn't see any significant difference, so either they're subtle or I completely missed them...
Old 2017-06-29, 23:03   Link #1757
Convoy
Knight of Infinity

Is Matsubara's work from which Selesia comes from intentionally a portmanteau of German for "bird" and French for "knight"?
Convoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-30, 01:39   Link #1758
magnuskn

Quote:
Originally Posted by MK-95- View Post
Favourite character as of right now is probably Meteora. Idk, something about her just makes you wanna protect her. Also, idk if anyone else noticed this, but I kinda get this feeling that she low key likes Sota. Though I could be wrong and simply reading too much into something that isn't there. *shrugs*
Several people have commented on this, so I think it's there. I'd actually like it if it were to become more open, the show could use an element of romance. Even if it probably will end up that she'll have to go back to her world, blablabla. You know how the Japanese are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MK-95- View Post
All in all, a decent watch and definitely one of the more entertaining anime of the Spring 2017 season. Is it worthy of being considered an anime of the year contender? I'm not sure since we're only halfway into the year, but I am sure that it's guaranteed to be remembered as one of the standout anime for this year and may be talked about for years to come. As for whether it'd be talked about fondly or as an anime that wasted its vast potential, we'll have our answer when it finishes airing.
I think everybody who likes the show is keeping their fingers crossed that the show can keep up its quality until the end. There are a lot of original anime which shot themselves in the knee when finishing their story, so I hope Re:Creators will avoid that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xizro345 View Post
No subtitles, of course.

I checked the two episodes but at a first glance I didn't see any significant difference, so either they're subtle or I completely missed them...
Ack. Oh, well. Maybe we'll get an international release one day with subs. It's not as if official subs don't exist, after all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Convoy View Post
Is Matsubara's work from which Selesia comes from intentionally a portmanteau of German for "bird" and French for "knight"?
Seems that way. Vogel = Bird, Chevalier = Knight, so Vogelchevalier = Bird-Knight.
Old 2017-06-30, 06:55   Link #1759
xizro345
King's Justice

Another picture:

Images

Given how the twitter account said it's the "great Meteora moment", I feel this is going to be a little weird...
Old 2017-06-30, 07:07   Link #1760
magnuskn

Uh, yeah. Maybe Meteora will be retelling the series with her unique sense of humor?

Tags
fantasy, mahou shoujo, mecha, sci-fi, summoning