Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Web Novels

Notices

Old 2018-08-16, 10:34   Link #241
Mirable
ミラベル

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuhugm View Post
^Tiffany has roles in MISC things, there's an excerpt where she initially dislike Nier but got over that
Hyupatia also invented many things that give an edge to the empire

I mean in the way of their contributions to the empire and the story

Scheherazade doesn't affect anything in the story... yet
There's that treaty with Farus Kingdom but see no effect yet
Tiffany's role sound so shallow to me, let's agree to disagree on this matter.

It's only matter of time Scheherazade gets her turn, if the war broke out, she is useful pawn for Hercules to conquer Farus Kingdom.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bakapervert View Post
This WN is pretty misleading. In the beginning the MC felt like a reincarnator that tried escaping from the emperor position, but in the end he is actually a psycho narcissist bastard who was just acting huh. I felt tricked.
Many people got mislead by that, It still make me laugh when i see people (who only read first chapter) comment about how weak mind of MC, author got them good LOL.

Last edited by Mirable; 2018-08-16 at 10:44.
Mirable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-16, 10:42   Link #242
wuhugm
Confused Shark

^Let's hope so

When she appeared I thought she would be the best girl then she just outranked by Luna and Nier
wuhugm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-16, 15:29   Link #243
Rasty

Tiffany mostly got some lines because certain people (who might it be) were constantly mentioning her. But generally, she is insignificant.
Hyupatia might have gotten mentioned recently, but except for that she never even appeared except for the short story and her "sacrifice".

On the other hand, Asmodeus is generally important and reappears here and there (though it's a pity she gets so little love from the author) and Shehrezade might still not be a full-time heroine, but we all know that her arc is yet to come when Faros and Remuria clash.
Rasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-17, 04:49   Link #244
bakapervert
A pervert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirable View Post
Many people got mislead by that, It still make me laugh when i see people (who only read first chapter) comment about how weak mind of MC, author got them good LOL.
That wasn't just a mislead, it was a complete fraud. I'm kinda offended how the author wrote something so misleading and changed the atmosphere of the story so suddenly, I was seriously thinking to stop reading this WN completely despite the good story
Old 2018-08-17, 06:23   Link #245
Rasty

^ It was an intentional element of surprise, though it might have been better hinted at especially so that when it gets revealed one is certain how it is and not still unsure.

I quite liked that part though, a nice contrast to the usual "don't want power" MC.
Old 2018-08-17, 08:18   Link #246
bakapervert
A pervert

I just don't like how the author only made the MC's characteristic clear at the middle while giving a different hint at the beginning. It was a scam for me. Now I hated the MC and only stayed for the story and heroines. If I knew the MC is like this at the beginning I don't think I will read this story at all, that's why I felt tricked. This kind of surprise would be welcome for those who liked this kind of character, but for me it became a nasty surprise instead.
Old 2018-08-17, 08:21   Link #247
wuhugm
Confused Shark

^You like "yasashii" MC, huh?

It's not a twist or anything tho
His true nature was revealed like in 2nd chapter or so?
Old 2018-08-17, 13:21   Link #248
Rasty

^ In the 2nd chapter it was left unexplained which of the two it is, it only became clear when he met the clothes designer brother (that's where he mentions he would have gotten rid of him if he had shown interest in the throne when Hercules pretended to run away from it).

But even so there is actually rather little to hate about Hercules, he might not be the (irritating) selfless type, but mostly acts as one in the end (just from different reasons).
Old 2018-08-18, 00:01   Link #249
bakapervert
A pervert

Quote:
^You like "yasashii" MC, huh?

It's not a twist or anything tho
His true nature was revealed like in 2nd chapter or so?
At that point any kind of excuse can still be made about his personality though. It was when the author stated with certainty that this guy is a psycho around ch 60 that it became set in stone for me. I wished he would make something like that clear right from the beginning instead when I already spent time reading that many chapters.

I can like this kind of.character if they have some kind of compelling reason that make them act like that. But this mc doesn't have any past like that. He was vain and asshole from rhe start. The author said it himself, the mc is very similar with his stupid big brother, he is just more capable. It make me want to see him meet failure instead of success. Well, in short, RIAJUU EXPLODEEEE!!!!

Last edited by bakapervert; 2018-08-18 at 00:24.
bakapervert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-18, 01:49   Link #250
wuhugm
Confused Shark

^Haha, yea, he didn't have particular reason to become asshole (like Hajime who turned asshole because betrayed by the class) but just a natural asshole

Character development wise, MC has the least

Still, rather than permanent hetare, I prefer permanent asshole MC
Old 2018-08-18, 23:07   Link #251
Ruki0089
Yandere Otoko Ruki-tan

Hetare is beta cuck... ~
Asshole MC like Rance is alpha~
Old 2018-08-19, 00:51   Link #252
bakapervert
A pervert

Heh, I still preferred Rance than this Hercules. He didn't hide that he is an asshole rapist at all it's refreshing. And most importantly, Rance's personality was made clear right from the start, not unlike this series where the author only cleared it up at around ch 60 while giving false impression right from the start.
Old 2018-08-19, 03:35   Link #253
Rasty

^ Rance is just a spoiled brat and absolute idiot, he is even worse than the "seigi baka" so loved on Narou.

Hercules might be a villain, but he is actually acting rather nicely to his own people (the heroines, subjects) and if you weren't doubting Hercules after 2nd chapter and sure about his personality in a few after that than you are just dull and have little right to complain about not being warmed.
It's like reading WN with the main heroine being a pink-haired chick that deeply loves MC, everyone that makes fun of MC gets for some reason frightened out of their mind when seeing him next and sometimes a bad guy disappears, but you never got warned the heroine is yandere... right?
Old 2018-08-19, 05:10   Link #254
wuhugm
Confused Shark

^Indeed

Quote:
Heh, I still preferred Rance than this Hercules. He didn't hide that he is an asshole rapist at all it's refreshing. And most importantly, Rance's personality was made clear right from the start, not unlike this series where the author only cleared it up at around ch 60 while giving false impression right from the start.
At this point I should just blame you for failing to discern his true personality early on

Just like I blame people for not realizing that Sugar from Death March is a hypocrite
Old 2018-08-19, 06:00   Link #255
bakapervert
A pervert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasty View Post
^ Rance is just a spoiled brat and absolute idiot, he is even worse than the "seigi baka" so loved on Narou.

Hercules might be a villain, but he is actually acting rather nicely to his own people (the heroines, subjects) and if you weren't doubting Hercules after 2nd chapter and sure about his personality in a few after that than you are just dull and have little right to complain about not being warmed.
It's like reading WN with the main heroine being a pink-haired chick that deeply loves MC, everyone that makes fun of MC gets for some reason frightened out of their mind when seeing him next and sometimes a bad guy disappears, but you never got warned the heroine is yandere... right?
Quote:
^Indeed

At this point I should just blame you for failing to discern his true personality early on

Just like I blame people for not realizing that Sugar from Death March is a hypocrite
Well, the actual reason I can tolerate Rance more is how he also often got screwed over by his own arrogance, while for Hercules it seems like everything is going smoothly for him. My favorite chapter so far is when Hercules got screwed over by Luna. If only there is more event like that.

As for not guessing Hercules's true personality, I still blamed the author. I remembered the part at the beginning there is something mentioned about how he developed the bone porcelain china for his preparation to escape. How he developed that to help with the empire's economy, so they can forgive him for escaping from getting enthroned.

Quote:
元々、成人した段階で家出する気だったエルキュールだが、一応育てて貰った恩というのは多少は考える程度の 良識はエルキュールにもある。

家出するけど、骨灰磁器作ったから許して!

という計画だったのだ。
And then later on the author suddenly mentioned how it was all just acting and it was only the MC testing his retainers? This is a scam.
Old 2018-08-19, 06:12   Link #256
wuhugm
Confused Shark

^Wasn't that a superb twist though?

Wasn't that test make sense and interesting?

Smart way to test loyalty
Old 2018-08-19, 06:43   Link #257
dragon1412

Quote:
^Wasn't that a superb twist though?

Wasn't that test make sense and interesting?

Smart way to test loyalty
depend on how you view it i guess, i'm on bakapervert side on this one, the whole thing is more like a scam to me. I actually don't read this one that much though, it's not bad but i just can't immersed myself in for some reasons
dragon1412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-19, 07:13   Link #258
wuhugm
Confused Shark

^You just wanna oppose me, Dragon
Old 2018-08-19, 08:51   Link #259
Mirable
ミラベル

Quote:
I can like this kind of.character if they have some kind of compelling reason that make them act like that. But this mc doesn't have any past like that. He was vain and asshole from rhe start. The author said it himself, the mc is very similar with his stupid big brother, he is just more capable. It make me want to see him meet failure instead of success. Well, in short, RIAJUU EXPLODEEEE!!!!
Hey look like we have something to agree on, actually he is the one of MC that i want see him failure instead of success like you said
Quote:
Well, the actual reason I can tolerate Rance more is how he also often got screwed over by his own arrogance, while for Hercules it seems like everything is going smoothly for him. My favorite chapter so far is when Hercules got screwed over by Luna. If only there is more event like that..
My favorite chapter is when Luna screwed him and when he got raped by Asmodeus, he was begging Asmodeus for let him co..i mean mercy lol.

Truth to be told i don't like Hercule's personality but at least he's not completly jerk to everyone around him. He actually rather nice to heroines and his people like Rasty said so i can tolerate him.
Mirable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-19, 09:36   Link #260
dragon1412

Quote:
^You just wanna oppose me, Dragon
nah, i lose that desire when you became salted tiger.
dragon1412 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
choroi mc, elven clans, emperor mc, ikemen mc, romance