AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Old 2018-07-20, 21:14   Link #1
Hujan
One Who Search The Truth

story which the character you hope to win is not your favorite character

Whenever there is a popularity poll, I had the impression that the character that you chose is the same with the character that you hope to win for pairing. but sometime (for me) I had a diffirent character.

for example, in Kaguya-sama, My fav is Hayasaka but I hope Prez x Kaguya for pairing.
in Tomo-chan, my fav is Misuzu but I hope Tomo x Jun for pairing.
in Konosuba, Megumin is my favorite but not for pairing, I hope Eris x Kazuma.

they are interesting as a character but for the winning girl, I still hope the others.
so, do you had a story like that which your fav differ with your ship. Thanks.
Old 2018-07-21, 04:06   Link #2
Tenzen12

Hikaru ga Chikyuu ni Itakoro: Asa (best girl), Honoka (should win)

KamiNomi: Haqua (bg), Chihiro (sw)

HataMaou: Suzuno (bg), EMI (sw)

Nidoume jinsei: Emil (bg?), Shion (sw)
Old 2018-07-21, 04:37   Link #3
Hujan
One Who Search The Truth

ah, thanks, tenzen-san, for giving your opinion, but again, the meaning of "should win" is the girl you hope to win or the girl that most deserve to win? because if it is the latter, it mean one more categorized. for example, for me,
in Nisekoi, favorite character : Yui-sensei, Hope to Win : Onodera (although I dont mind if Yui-sensei win too, but Onodera still number one), Most deserve tgo win : Marika (after everything that she done to change herself for Raku, she is the one that most deserve to win)
Old 2018-07-21, 05:58   Link #4
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

For Toradora, Minori was my favourite character but I still wanted the main pair to succeed (and they did).
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-21, 10:12   Link #5
Tenzen12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hujan View Post
ah, thanks, tenzen-san, for giving your opinion, but again, the meaning of "should win" is the girl you hope to win or the girl that most deserve to win? because if it is the latter, it mean one more categorized. for example, for me,
in Nisekoi, favorite character : Yui-sensei, Hope to Win : Onodera (although I dont mind if Yui-sensei win too, but Onodera still number one), Most deserve tgo win : Marika (after everything that she done to change herself for Raku, she is the one that most deserve to win)
For me it's same. If girl "deserve" win, it's automatically also girl I would support to win. That pretty much always take priority for me.

Well it's true that "having good chemistry", "complement each other" or "being good team" are all or merrits that also I account when deciding if girl deserve it or not.

Also forgot mention

5-Toubun: Ichika (bg), Miku (sw)
Old 2018-07-21, 10:44   Link #6
Hujan
One Who Search The Truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
For Toradora, Minori was my favourite character but I still wanted the main pair to succeed (and they did).
Thanks, haak. for giving your opinion. Toradora, huh...
my close friend also like Toradora so much, but I still cant understand why people like Taiga...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
For me it's same. If girl "deserve" win, it's automatically also girl I would support to win. That pretty much always take priority for me.

Well it's true that "having good chemistry", "complement each other" or "being good team" are all or merrits that also I account when deciding if girl deserve it or not.

Also forgot mention

5-Toubun: Ichika (bg), Miku (sw)
usually, me too. the girl who deserve to win = best girl = shipping.
but sometime, there are cases where it is not..
5-Toubun, I am the same with you, Ichika is best girl (right now IMO) but I am still shipping Miku, well, I will happy too, If Ichika win...

Last edited by Hujan; 2018-07-21 at 11:07.
Hujan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-22, 12:22   Link #7
wuhugm
Confused Shark

I don't believe in the concept of separating fav character and fav pairing

If Hayasaka is my fav chara then Hayasaka should pair with the MC that is the prez

The reason is simple, in order to see more of your fav chara she/he must be attached to the MC

If you say there will be spin-off with Ishigami as the MC then it's fine if Hayasaka x Ishigami
wuhugm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-23, 00:01   Link #8
Tenzen12

But being best girl doesn't automatically means, she work best with MC (though Hayasaka indeed is both), that she fits narrative nor provided greatest contribution.

I mean sure I would be happy if Mizuki Nomura rewrited big chunk of Hikaru to make Asa suitable winner, but it would be completely different story. It would be like Koisuru metronome compared to Saenai Kanojo, if SK were masterpiece instead of total trash. I would love story with Asa as main heroine, but as long as narrative stay unchanged anyone but Hinoka as winner would ruin story.
Old 2018-07-23, 00:10   Link #9
wuhugm
Confused Shark

^Well, I'm not implying that my pairing = best conclusion that will make the series go down the history as masterpiece

non-main heroine route doesn't guarantee great series

But it's a different question, right?

Do I want Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai to become a masterpiece, by spending 100 chapters in pursuit of Kaguya?
No
I prefer less stellar 20 chapters of Hayasaka instead
It's not good for anyone but me, but the question was about personal opinion, right?
Old 2018-07-23, 00:31   Link #10
Tenzen12

That like being teacher who give preferential treatment to his favorite student! If you were paid for reading novels and watching anime you would get fired!

But seriously I do find this way of thinking skewed given stories are supposed make us emphasize atise with characters and their problems. But we'll it's not like anyone get hurt because of that so I guess it's fine in its own way? Maybe.
Old 2018-07-23, 04:33   Link #11
Hujan
One Who Search The Truth

Isn't it just mean that Erotora didn't have a ny story which His Favorite Character is not his shipping??

The reason I like Hayasaka is because she is a waifu material, I like her as character not liking her because wanting her become couple with MC. in popularity poll, you can choose MC as your favorite character, right? so people that choose MC as his/her favorite means that they had a story which favorite Character is not your shipping (or you want to self-cest??).

which in Konosuba case, at first, my favorite is Eris which is the same with the shipping that I hope to happen, but after the anime in which Rie Takahasi manage to wonderfully voicing Megumin and bring her character out, Megumin became My favorite character as a character, but for pairing, I still hope Eris x Kazuma...
Old 2018-07-23, 05:30   Link #12
wuhugm
Confused Shark

Hey hey, I don't go read romance manga to be blown away by it's quality writing or moral value

Purely shipping guys~

I read philosophical manga for that

Hikaru on Earth was an exception though, it was not simply romance story
Old 2018-07-23, 07:31   Link #13
Hujan
One Who Search The Truth

?_?
I dont understand how you got a conclusion like that?
blown away by it's quality writing or moral value?

I am shipping for pairing too, just that some time my favorite character is not my shipping.
Old 2018-07-23, 08:05   Link #14
wuhugm
Confused Shark

^I was more replying to Tenzen though

As for pairing and fav chara, if that chara is a heroine, she must pair with the MC even if the quality of the story become shit
Old 2018-07-23, 08:08   Link #15
Tenzen12

Yep, for me it's "whole being more then sum of it's part" kind of thing. Sometime just not best girl make relationship with MC more meaningful.
Old 2018-07-28, 08:34   Link #16
pervypig

Baka to Test: Mizuki Himeji (best girl), Hideyoshi (my fav)

also:

SAO: Asuna (best girl), Sinon (fav)

Ah, wtf, now that I think about it, practically every anime out there I got a favorite and a best one. To me, the fav is like a runners-up, but then again, I usually hate most male protags in Jap animes, so I guess that's not so much of shipping but waifu-ogling?
pervypig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-28, 19:16   Link #17
Hujan
One Who Search The Truth

so best girl (in your meaning) is the girl you hope to win??

are you for real? you had many series where your fav is not the shipping? I asking this question because I dont find many series like that, so maybe if the taste is same I can read the other series who had this troupe too. well, if you consider your fav is like runners-up, I can understand why you had many...
Old 2018-07-29, 07:46   Link #18
whiteshadow
Slowly Dying

Chihayafuru : Taichi ( fav ), Arata ( should win )
whiteshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-30, 01:46   Link #19
pervypig

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hujan View Post
so best girl (in your meaning) is the girl you hope to win??

are you for real? you had many series where your fav is not the shipping? I asking this question because I dont find many series like that, so maybe if the taste is same I can read the other series who had this troupe too. well, if you consider your fav is like runners-up, I can understand why you had many...
I guess i wasn't very clear about it; my fav tend to be the one I like to be MY waifu, not the MC's, while what I meant by best is the best one for the loser black-haired jap hi-skool protag. I told ya, there ain't many jap MCs that I don't hate...
pervypig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-09, 06:07   Link #20
Hujan
One Who Search The Truth

^^ Wow, story with female MC...

^ same with me, I dont hate many Jap MCs (even I don't hate hetare one), except that MC just too much for me to bear...