Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-12-25, 10:36   Link #1
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Sora no Otoshimono [Anime]

Anime thread for Sora no Otoshimono~

More information on series, here, perhaps?

Moonphase

From New animes thread:
Spoiler for space:

----

...*currently in shock, in a good meaning*

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-25, 13:34   Link #2
TrueKnight

My memory's kinda hazy, but this is the one where the main loser guy has a personal 'sex' slave angel who's capable granting any wish, right?
TrueKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-25, 13:37   Link #3
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueKnight View Post
My memory's kinda hazy, but this is the one where the main loser guy has a personal 'sex' slave angel who's capable granting any wish, right?
And I was actually building high hopes looking at the covers...
Old 2008-12-25, 15:16   Link #4
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

Sora no Otoshimono animated!? For real!? Wow, this is by no means a bad series, despite what our compatriots in this thread are saying so far, but I didn't expect them to pick this out of all the other candidates out there.

The main guy isn't really a loser, and most of the time he's pretty normal, just wanting an ordinary life, but he's one of the most hilariously over-the-top perverts ever seen. You should see the SD drawings in the manga. He goes to outrageous lengths to peep on girls, but he doesn't put any moves on the main girl because she's well...an angel-like being with extreme levels of destructive capability, and doesn't take his perverseness to open levels because his osanajimi has a spectacular karate chop.

Pay no mind to TrueKnight my friends. The guy took one look at Tayutama's announcement and because it has a fox girl for a heroine assumed immediately that it would be another Kanokon, even though he knew NOTHING AT ALL about Tayutama. This guy makes judgements about series he has NO CLUE about, leading to other people misunderstanding the nature of the work in question. I suggest everyone take his words with a giant grain of salt.

And this series has fanservice, but it adopts Macademi Wasshoi's approach to it, meaning if there has to be fanservice, make it as creative and over-the-top hilarious as possible.
Old 2008-12-25, 15:21   Link #5
TrueKnight

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueKnight
Pay no mind to TrueKnight my friends. The guy took one look at Tayutama's announcement and because it has a fox girl for a heroine assumed immediately that it would be another Kanokon, even though he knew NOTHING AT ALL about Tayutama. This guy makes judgements about series he has NO CLUE about, leading to other people misunderstanding the nature of the work in question. I suggest everyone take his words with a giant grain of salt.
*shrugs* So your basically bashing me for not knowing a series at first. I didn't even made a judgment and just assumptions with valid pre-assumptions.

Otakus can be really scary sometimes huh? But I guess not all of them all as childish as you are degrading people's opinion, in which had already been solved in the first place.

For starters, I've read the Sora no Otoshi manga a while back.
Old 2008-12-25, 15:24   Link #6
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

Quote:
*shrugs* So your basically bashing me for not knowing a series at first. I didn't even made a judgment and just assumptions with valid pre-assumptions.

Otakus can be really scary sometimes huh? But I guess not all of them all as childish as you are degrading people's opinion, in which had already been solved in the first place.
I want you to read the post directly below yours, where a random passerby read your words and also assumed that the series is a joke. Your so-called "valid pre-assumptions" led to someone else misunderstanding the series. And I don't see anything in your post to make it clear that you'r just assuming what the series is about. "Memory being hazy" is not the same as "I don't know anything about this series". My memory about certain moments in Cowboy Bebop or FLCL might be hazy, but I watched both series in their entirety, for example. So what you said and what you claimed to have said are two different things.

You're a dunce, to put it real simply.

EDIT: If you've read the manga then you're not showing it. Especially since only three chapters have been translated to English. There are 20 chapters scanlated to Chinese, and if you can read Chinese then I will concede that MAYBE you have read the manga as you claim.

I just don't like it when people come in and give people wrong impressions about a series. I don't like misinformation period. If you do have genuine knowledge about the manga, then show it and give people REASONS why you think the story is a joke. Memory being hazy isn't one, despite what you may believe.
Old 2008-12-25, 15:31   Link #7
TrueKnight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinova
Your so-called "valid pre-assumptions" led to someone else misunderstanding the series. And I don't see anything in your post to make it clear that you'r just assuming what the series is about. "Memory being hazy" is not the same as "I don't know anything about this series".
As I stated earlier, I've read the manga, therefore I'm entitled to voiced my opinion on the series. In my view, the main male lead can be categorized as a loser because of the followings: looks generic, glasses and seems can't do squat, has a generic childhood friend, a cool friend, an angel who're willing to do anything for him.

However do I think the manga suck? No. I'ts entertaining and funny. The arts resembes the ones doing Watashi Messiah Sama (sp?) and I like.

Now the problems is actually you. You can't seem to accept people's opinion no matter what they are without critizing them. You simply degraded them instead of properly correcting them. Show's what kind of mentality that you have there, son.

Quote:
You're a dunce, to put it real simply.
Now, now. Let's not be hasty here and try to keep this discussion civil.
Old 2008-12-25, 15:40   Link #8
TrueKnight

Quote:
EDIT: If you've read the manga then you're not showing it. Especially since only three chapters have been translated to English. There are 20 chapters scanlated to Chinese, and if you can read Chinese then I will concede that MAYBE you have read the manga as you claim.

I just don't like it when people come in and give people wrong impressions about a series. I don't like misinformation period. If you do have genuine knowledge about the manga, then show it and give people REASONS why you think the story is a joke. Memory being hazy isn't one, despite what you may believe.
Correct, I've only read the manga up until chapter three months ago. Can I still be categorized having read the manga? Yes. But have I stated that I've known the manga entirely? No. Should someone who has the full knowledge try to correct me instead of being childish for seeing his favourite toy ruined? I think yes.
Old 2008-12-25, 16:29   Link #9
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Correct, I've only read the manga up until chapter three months ago. Can I still be categorized having read the manga? Yes. But have I stated that I've known the manga entirely? No. Should someone who has the full knowledge try to correct me instead of being childish for seeing his favourite toy ruined? I think yes.
Calling someone a dunce is really mature, don't you think?

Yea, I agree. Shinova, you should correct *politely* rather than bashing others for someone who never read the manga.

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-25, 16:56   Link #10
Nikusu

Send a message via AIM to Nikusu Send a message via MSN to Nikusu
Quote:
Am I missing something? How is this post negative? Even if it caused a negative reaction from the next user TrueKnight was just requesting clarification. Let's stay on topic people. So, moving on... Personally, after hearing the plot I'll probably pass on this series, but that's part of the reason this thread is here, right? To learn a little bit about the series. Thanks for the information and links serenade_beta.
Nikusu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-25, 17:40   Link #11
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Yes it is all my fault, I apologize.

@ Shinova

The male protagonist does not strike me as a idiot or a pervert, more of a fool with a pantie fetish.

It starts to get interesting when the twin tail winged one drops down, but of course then comes the jungle, boxing etc chapters, and more of the yakuza girl sideshow; I think everything is just a little overly silly as opposed to "over the top". Do not mean to offend the manga, I am sure other here (of which I could name a dozen) will worship it, but I am more into shows with a balanced plot development. Again I am sorry I seem to have caused you some trouble with my short spontaneous one line post.
Old 2008-12-25, 19:32   Link #12
ZODDGUTS

The main character is not really a loser but more of a normal guy (not the dull kind) he's a bit of a perv he is a normal boy afterall but not completely a perv. Anyways I've enjoyed the manga, I agree with the poster that said that the fanservice is similiar to Macademi Wasshoi but I also find the comedy similiar to it.
ZODDGUTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-03, 02:45   Link #13
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Moonphase

Air date set for the fall, but no staff or cast has been announced so far.
I knew it was impossible, but I wish it was in the Summer... Hahaha...

-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2009-04-27, 02:08   Link #14
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Link

Staff revealed.
According to Moonphase, it's Bamboo Blade's staff... Whether that is a good thing or bad thing... *remembers last episode*

Old 2009-05-04, 02:34   Link #15
danin8r44
The King of the Insane

Despite the plot being rather ordinary and uninspired, the characters being a bit generic, and a few other minor quibbles this is still an amazing manga. It's hilarious and well drawn, and the main character is just about my favorite main character for any ecchi anime/manga.

Still, I might not watch the anime. I think that the anime might not be able to carry over any of the comedy that is found in the manga very well, and I also fear that it will devolve into something ridiculously boring when stretched out.
danin8r44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-04, 09:56   Link #16
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by danin8r44 View Post
Still, I might not watch the anime. I think that the anime might not be able to carry over any of the comedy that is found in the manga very well, and I also fear that it will devolve into something ridiculously boring when stretched out.
But you won't know until you try.

Old 2009-05-04, 10:39   Link #17
Jze0
Hmmm...

It airs in fall huh...

Anyways, been following the manga raws and scans lately and I have to say that I really enjoy this series very much. I was happy to hear that it would be getting an anime, so if its as funny as the manga than I'll definitly be watching. Can't wait...
Old 2009-05-06, 16:11   Link #18
Doraneko
The Owl of Minerva

I have read up to the latest chapter, and strangely it reminds me of Elfen Lied if one can get through the surface of over-the-top silliness (over-the-top violence for EL's case).

Anyway although this is far from the best manga on earth, I feel uneasy with certain sweeping and inaccurate generalizations in this thread that don't do the manga justice. Therefore I have included a detailed summary of the storyline with major spoilers. (Read: You have been warned.)

Spoiler:

Cover art of the manga:
Spoiler:

Some fanart on the net:
Spoiler:

Last edited by Doraneko; 2009-05-06 at 16:36. Reason: Added coverart and fanart
Doraneko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-06, 23:20   Link #19
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

^Thanks for the complete set of the manga covers... Forgot about that...

From the looks of it, your "storyline" doesn't include anything that has gone on recently? Or have you just not read there?
Nymph, kawaii yo, Nymph...

Quote:
Anyway, I would say it is possible that the series would end in a bitter, or at best, a bitter sweet way, just like in Elfen Lied. Afterall, every few stories about WMD girls throughout anime history ends with a happy note.
Rather than that, I think it would be better to look at the manga-ka's past works and see how those were ended. Then again, I don't know anything about Messiah-sama or whatever that was, and I'm not sure what to call Judas' ending, so I have no clue of how it will end...
I hope for a happy end though...

Old 2009-05-07, 02:35   Link #20
shaolinx
Kani Fascination

the manga cover made me thought it was ergo lol.

The story sounds very cliche but it should be interesting.
shaolinx is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, fantasy, shounen