AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Fan Creations

Notices

Old 2008-01-18, 10:07   Link #201
toxic_trance
~Anpan~
*Artist

Page 2 of Doujin

Back is aching, but it was definitely worth it. Page 2 of the Doujin is done. Finally I can get to drawing the girls leaving the old men

I wish the scan was better, but for now, i guess this is my level

Here are the first 2 pages.. ^_^

EDIT:

K..one more question..do u guys think the second page looks better below.. or above???

Last edited by toxic_trance; 2008-01-18 at 15:45.
toxic_trance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-18, 13:31   Link #202
geki~
noLife
*Artist

You def have that Claymoreish darkness in those two pages. Can't wait to see more ;3
geki~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-18, 16:09   Link #203
Ice Climbers
Retired
*Graphic Designer

^agreed, keep those coming =]
Old 2008-01-19, 06:14   Link #204
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

I think the dark background looks better for that page. The brighter page kind of kills the mood of the dark chamber.
Old 2008-01-19, 23:15   Link #205
toxic_trance
~Anpan~
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by geki~ View Post
You def have that Claymoreish darkness in those two pages. Can't wait to see more ;3
Nice to hear that. Will be deliering Page 3 soon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice Climbers View Post
^agreed, keep those coming =]
Hai Hai ^_^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solace View Post
I think the dark background looks better for that page. The brighter page kind of kills the mood of the dark chamber.
Ya, thats exactly what I felt, thus the change which I made. Thnks for the feedback

Was busy with my Final Year Project yesterday, will try makin Pg 3 today
Old 2008-01-24, 12:39   Link #206
Lights of Euphoria
Ilene's Squeaky - Toy...

Send a message via MSN to Lights of Euphoria
The Kick Ass Band...

I'm buying the album
Lights of Euphoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-27, 03:21   Link #207
toxic_trance
~Anpan~
*Artist

Been busy again

@Lights.. sure...cash only pls

AS for the artworks.. well tey will be coming tomorrow. Page 3 is done except for one panel which has Yoma. Haavent decided how the Yoma will look yet. I will be also putting up an quarter finished image which is a cross between "Bride of Water God" and "Alichino".

So..matte kudasai ^_^
Old 2008-01-28, 02:05   Link #208
toxic_trance
~Anpan~
*Artist

Page 3 (Doujin) and a new Fanart

Ah..finally here they are. Down are the first 3 pages of the Doujin. Feedback needed on Page 3. Havent decided on how the Yoma will look hence the last box is empty.

As for the Fanart. it is a cross between two mangas wih some beautiful art. Namely Alichino and Bride of the Water God. Its incomplete. Planning to gift it to my would be Sister-in-Law ^_^

Old 2008-01-30, 11:50   Link #209
toxic_trance
~Anpan~
*Artist

NEW Wall Drawing ^_^

K.. People after the dismal response to the last post.. i m back and hopin for some nice feedback this time

New wall drawing, and this time i is Ayanami Rei

Enjoy ^_^

Old 2008-01-30, 12:05   Link #210
geki~
noLife
*Artist

I think I was in school when I looked your thread the last time and I didn't have time to post a reply. Anyways.
I think on the third page of the Claymore doujin you firstly, have captured the pose very well and secondly, it fits the Claymore atmosphere very well again. It really looks like a real manga ;3. I'm seriously waiting for more pages
Also the fanart is gorgeous. I love how you have done the detail of the picture. Can't wait to see the end result.

And the wall drawing is impressive. I could never do a drawing of that size XD I'd probably lose the overview of the proportions and stuff. Which brings me to the question, what are the l x w of that drawing.
Old 2008-01-31, 02:36   Link #211
toxic_trance
~Anpan~
*Artist

Quote:
I think I was in school when I looked your thread the last time and I didn't have time to post a reply. Anyways.
I think on the third page of the Claymore doujin you firstly, have captured the pose very well and secondly, it fits the Claymore atmosphere very well again. It really looks like a real manga ;3. I'm seriously waiting for more pages
Also the fanart is gorgeous. I love how you have done the detail of the picture. Can't wait to see the end result.

And the wall drawing is impressive. I could never do a drawing of that size XD I'd probably lose the overview of the proportions and stuff. Which brings me to the question, what are the l x w of that drawing.
Ah..so u got into college.. Congrats~
What r u studying??

As for the feedback..nice to hear that it looks like a manga, a compliment doesnt get better than that
I ll try to deliver more pages more quickly. And yup.. I will put up the finished fanart when I am done too ^_^

Regarding the wall drawing...one..i seem to have become quick..took me only 3 hrs around. Secondly.. the dimensions would be around 80 cm by 50 cm i think. The smallest I have done so far but also the most detailed i guess.

.. Leavin that aside though..i m beginning to get a bit disappointed with the number of feedbacks here. Accepted that an Artist is not able to deliver as quickly as a Sig maker or vector artists, but..since our work delivery comes slow..that is why we expect some good amount of feedback too. Only then can I get better to deliver even better works
Old 2008-01-31, 03:28   Link #212
Usuratonkachi
An Idiot

toxic-chan, you sound like a married woman complaining about her husband neglecting her... Feedback comes when it does, don't worry. Hey, you know how little review we writers get??

Cheer up! Keep drawing! ttyl
Usuratonkachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-31, 04:12   Link #213
geki~
noLife
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by toxic_trance View Post
Ah..so u got into college.. Congrats~
What r u studying??

As for the feedback..nice to hear that it looks like a manga, a compliment doesnt get better than that
I ll try to deliver more pages more quickly. And yup.. I will put up the finished fanart when I am done too ^_^

Regarding the wall drawing...one..i seem to have become quick..took me only 3 hrs around. Secondly.. the dimensions would be around 80 cm by 50 cm i think. The smallest I have done so far but also the most detailed i guess.

.. Leavin that aside though..i m beginning to get a bit disappointed with the number of feedbacks here. Accepted that an Artist is not able to deliver as quickly as a Sig maker or vector artists, but..since our work delivery comes slow..that is why we expect some good amount of feedback too. Only then can I get better to deliver even better works
Yep I'm in second semester now
I'm studying IT, not a very common thing among girls :P

I know what you mean about the feedback tho D:
Old 2008-01-31, 04:55   Link #214
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Quote:
First, the feedback. I really like your Claymore pages, they look almost like the real thing. Overall your art has improved a ton since you first started posting here.

Second, about the quoted passage. To be honest, it's not an artist versus artist thing. I wish my thread got half the attention some other artists get, but then again, I barely bump it lately because I've been so busy with other projects. Even now, most of my time on Animesuki is spent browsing, sporadic posting, and managing the sig competition.

I really would like to post more in everyones threads with feedback and c&c, but lately it just hasn't been possible. All I can say is that I have been browsing and enjoying seeing everyone improve and when I find the extra time, I let them know that by posting.

That's just my angle, and I won't make excuses for anyone else, they have their own reasons for where and when they post. But I'd hate to see you get discouraged and not post your work so I wanted to let you know that people are seeing it and appreciating it, even if they can't comment all the time.

That goes for all the thread owners here.
Old 2008-01-31, 12:12   Link #215
toxic_trance
~Anpan~
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usuratonkachi View Post
toxic-chan, you sound like a married woman complaining about her husband neglecting her... Feedback comes when it does, don't worry. Hey, you know how little review we writers get??

Cheer up! Keep drawing! ttyl
hehe true..I never thought from ur point of view. But this case was almost like the Husband forgetting the anniversary. Quite an effort went into the last few works..and was lookin forward to some replies.

Neway..will stop being a spoiled brat

Quote:
Yep I'm in second semester now
I'm studying IT, not a very common thing among girls :P

I know what you mean about the feedback tho D:
By IT you mean the software aspect of Computer Science???. Quite the boom now. You will have a lot of good opportunities in the Future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solace View Post
First, the feedback. I really like your Claymore pages, they look almost like the real thing. Overall your art has improved a ton since you first started posting here.

Second, about the quoted passage. To be honest, it's not an artist versus artist thing. I wish my thread got half the attention some other artists get, but then again, I barely bump it lately because I've been so busy with other projects. Even now, most of my time on Animesuki is spent browsing, sporadic posting, and managing the sig competition.

I really would like to post more in everyones threads with feedback and c&c, but lately it just hasn't been possible. All I can say is that I have been browsing and enjoying seeing everyone improve and when I find the extra time, I let them know that by posting.

That's just my angle, and I won't make excuses for anyone else, they have their own reasons for where and when they post. But I'd hate to see you get discouraged and not post your work so I wanted to let you know that people are seeing it and appreciating it, even if they can't comment all the time.

That goes for all the thread owners here.
Well, I m sorry. Its just that the latest works were very special, (although I will say that about all my works >.>) and since I saw no feedbacks..i guess I just had to rant a bit. But its out of my system and gone. Its really nice to hear that people frequent through my thread and know how much I have improved or changed.

From now on Yorishku Onegaishrimasu~ ^_^
Old 2008-01-31, 13:18   Link #216
geki~
noLife
*Artist

Quote:

By IT you mean the software aspect of Computer Science???. Quite the boom now. You will have a lot of good opportunities in the Future
I'm learning the programming part. (Yes I want to be a programmer. I'm going to make games and create the graphical side for them too xD) We get hardware part too tho.
Old 2008-02-01, 16:58   Link #217
toxic_trance
~Anpan~
*Artist

FANART Complete ^_^

Finally its over. One of the toughest pieces I have drawn I guess. For those who havent read the background info, this is a gift for my would-be sister-in-law

The Fanart is a cross between Alichino and Bride of Water God (Two mangas with some really beautiful artwork)

Hope you guys like it ^_^

EDIT: Replaced with version 2.. first one had a bad pupil alignment. have tried correcting it

Last edited by toxic_trance; 2008-02-01 at 17:17.
Old 2008-02-02, 16:21   Link #218
Usuratonkachi
An Idiot

Heya!

Looks good! Lips don't look so awkward anymore with a bit of colour. Although the eyes aren't like the very typical manga-style, they look really pretty.

Keep up the good work! ^_^

PS: lol! A husband forgetting an anniversery is a major no-no. That honour is for the wife ^^;
Usuratonkachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-02, 17:10   Link #219
geki~
noLife
*Artist

Woah, really really pretty
The fingers are maybe a bit odd but it doesn't really draw your attention much on it so it's no biggie.
Old 2008-02-04, 01:45   Link #220
toxic_trance
~Anpan~
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usuratonkachi View Post
Heya!

Looks good! Lips don't look so awkward anymore with a bit of colour. Although the eyes aren't like the very typical manga-style, they look really pretty.

Keep up the good work! ^_^

PS: lol! A husband forgetting an anniversery is a major no-no. That honour is for the wife ^^;
Arigato Lisetsu-chan ^_^

Well, if u loved the eye style.. I say u must read Alichino manga. Absolutely gorgeous artstyle

Quote:
Woah, really really pretty
The fingers are maybe a bit odd but it doesn't really draw your attention much on it so it's no biggie.

Thnk u..i guess if its that good..then i have no probs with this beig the gift to my sister-in-law ^_^

Tags
artwork, fanart, manga, toxic