AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-09-26, 23:03   Link #201
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe there is only 11 volumes out so far.
Old 2008-09-27, 08:28   Link #202
TalonK
Lets Grim Up People

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpryciak View Post
Could somebody remind me...how many mangas are there total? 10 just came out. How much longer must I drool for the ending?
I think there are 14 volumes in total.
Volume 11 has a release date of Nov 11, 2008 according to Amazon.com.
Old 2008-09-27, 08:55   Link #203
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

I got Volume 10 of the English version last week. I have been pleasntly surprised with how this manga has turned out, as least so far. A veyr nice, light slice of cuteness. So amusing that a female who used to draw h for a living decided to draw something cute, clean and warm, even though she has no idea how she manages. ^^
Old 2008-09-27, 22:18   Link #204
dpryciak

Send a message via MSN to dpryciak Send a message via Yahoo to dpryciak
I hope that the mangas are released more quickly, now that the series is coming to an end. Like Furuba, knowing that all books have been written, I wait with baited breath and a slim pocketbook, desperate to have the complete collection to read over and over again.
Old 2008-09-27, 23:32   Link #205
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Tokyopop has always shown a pattern of releasing manga volumes about one per 3 months. That probably maximizes their sales (tradeoff between the pocketbooks of their customers and their measured buying trends on any particular manga).

I'm not really certain what their average lead time is from starting work on a manga volume to "ready for market" though. But since there's rarely more than a few people credited for a series - its a really small shop until they actually start the mass printing phase.
Old 2008-09-28, 22:46   Link #206
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Chibi Vampire has been released every 2 months for most of its release in English. And since the manga-ka has finished it and is working on a new Higurashi no Naku Koro Ni arc, I don't see why Tokyopop should delay the releases.
Old 2008-09-29, 00:15   Link #207
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Because predictable revenue streams are more important, because the size of the team and the work process dictate the release cycle.

Whatever... I'd like it if the rest popped out as well, but I just know how production systems work and how ramping up the speed by adding workers can make it all much later and ruin the quality level.
Old 2008-09-30, 22:14   Link #208
dpryciak

Yeah, I've seen where some sloppy work can make for frustrating reading, like with Wild Ones or Her Majesty's Dog.
Old 2008-11-27, 04:19   Link #209
Riker
Peek a boo
*Graphic Designer

I've finally managed to read Vol 14.

Spoiler for If I understood correctly:
Old 2008-12-20, 23:33   Link #210
MatriXX
Sho' nuff

Hmm... it looks like those 2 extra chapters might finally be released so everyone who didn't see it in Dragon Age magazine can read it:

http://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/switch-la...nguage=en%5FJP

It comes out on the same day as Hekikai no Aion (Yuna Kagesaki's new manga), so I'll pick up both of them.

The extra chapters are about
Spoiler:
Old 2009-02-08, 09:23   Link #211
dpryciak

OOOH, just read vol. 12! (the early release threw me) Ooh, juicy juicy! And the final kissing/biting scene! HAWT. But, in this book, we learn the secret of Karin, although some things are a bit confusing (how did James trick Cecilia?), and this book is all about relationships. Karin/Kenta, Fumio/her mother, Karin/Anju, Calera/her parents.

Something confuses me, tho...no more novels? five was the last?
Old 2009-02-09, 16:53   Link #212
Avisch
Reality Blender

Finally started reading this again. Karin was one of the first manga I picked up back when I started really started getting into manga but It fell off my radar for some reason. I'm starting back at volume 3 and it's very fun.

Of note you can notice the small art style changes that the characters went through after volumes 1-2. Ren looks much weirder you'll notice.

One crazy B****
Old 2009-02-09, 23:23   Link #213
dpryciak

In the latest manga produced, Karin looks so SOFT. Line wise.
Old 2009-02-10, 06:57   Link #214
Newhope

Quote:
Originally Posted by MatriXX View Post
Hmm... it looks like those 2 extra chapters might finally be released so everyone who didn't see it in Dragon Age magazine can read it:

http://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/switch-la...nguage=en%5FJP

It comes out on the same day as Hekikai no Aion (Yuna Kagesaki's new manga), so I'll pick up both of them.

The extra chapters are about
Spoiler:
Spoiler for Last chapter:
Old 2009-02-10, 14:33   Link #215
Nerroth
NePoi!

I haven't seen the manga, but is it true that Winner-kun from the anime is not in it?
Old 2009-02-10, 15:41   Link #216
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Winner is an "anime-only" creation. Which is nice in that we don't have to put with his obnoxiousness but bad in that Maka lacks him for a special someone. Of course, I've not read anything past the english manga releases so I don't know if another character springs up for Maka or not.
Old 2009-02-10, 15:59   Link #217
Nerroth
NePoi!

So his family members' backstory - including the grandpa, and going back to... I forget which generation it was that was linked to Elda - is all gone, too?
Old 2009-02-10, 16:50   Link #218
dpryciak

ooh, I want that special edition stuff in English! (gotta start learning Japanese...)

OH, please, post pictures of HAWT Anju!

Also, question, the text-novels, how many are they publishing in the US? I thought Tokyopop was stopping that.
Old 2009-02-10, 19:44   Link #219
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerroth View Post
So his family members' backstory - including the grandpa, and going back to... I forget which generation it was that was linked to Elda - is all gone, too?
Sort of.... Elda's backstory and her experiences are somewhat the same and result in similar motivations (actually she's even more interesting than the anime version imo) but so far at least there's no present character to link them to.

OTOH, there's some plot threads in the manga that never appeared at all in the anime involving competing vampire clans and other characters who aren't "normal" vampires.

As far as the Karin light novel stories, I have no idea what their situation and status is... apparently that storyline is somewhat different again as well.
Old 2009-02-10, 20:54   Link #220
Nerroth
NePoi!

Ok, thanks.

(Even if the way Winner-kun and his family were handled in the anime was a bit heavy-handed at times, the general concept of a clan of hunters is a workable one... and doubly so if it retained the kind of tragic links seen in the anime backstory.)

Tags
shounen, vampire