AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2007-11-18, 18:36   Link #1
juventas

Figures of Happiness

I know this is an old game, but it always seems to pop up on people's English-translated bishoujo game recommendations whenever someone asks what to play in addition to the usual Kana/Crescendo suggestions. The reviews online all seem very favorable as well. So I finally got around to playing it, and I agree with everyone that it is a very solid and fun title. One thing that bothers me, though.

Spoiler:

I thought Mio was probably the best girl for Ryo in the end, but after Minamo's ending, I can't really see him with any other girl but Minamo. It would just be too sad! It's funny how the writers turned it around on me, though, because I really hated Minamo in the beginning.

I don't think they made very good endings for the other characters. I didn't like Kokoro at all, and her ending was pretty stupid. Narumi's ending was... weird. I didn't like how Mao's ending wasn't treated seriously enough. Miss Death's ending was appropriate but, like Mao's, I thought it was too whimsical. They could have explored some deeper feelings more. I haven't found Izumi's path yet.

So in the end, the game was very satisfying with the major critique being the side character stories were a bit weak. Does anyone have other thoughts? I never really see anyone talking about this game. Does anyone know what the voice is saying when there is a blank screen with no text?
juventas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-18, 20:17   Link #2
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

I can't answer any questions because it's been quite a while since I've played this game, thus my memory is a bit rusty.

Overall, any characters besides Minamo and Mio had ends because
Spoiler for paths:

Of course, the other characters besides Minamo and Mio were still enjoyable to interact with.

Watoru seems like one of the few "male best friend" characters that don't go around the series acting like an idiot, trying to get a girlfriend.

Satoru-
Spoiler for game story:

Between Minamo and Mio, I still prefer Mio.
Spoiler for game paths:

Izumi's end? -
Spoiler for her end:

Another game I'd like to have an anime adaption of. (Though Mio path please )

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-18, 22:58   Link #3
juventas

Yeah, Mio is the better girl.

Spoiler:

But if Minamo's best ending is any indication,

Spoiler:

I think this game would definitely be good as a 6-episode OVA. It would be hard to argue a Mio path, though, since the game is pretty much based around Minamo.
juventas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-19, 01:37   Link #4
rg4619

Quote:
it always seems to pop up on people's English-translated bishoujo game recommendations whenever someone asks what to play in addition to the usual Kana/Crescendo suggestions.
IMO, the game is passable. No element is offensively bad, but the bland characters and poor pacing really hurt the experience.

As you've pointed out, the side character paths are particularly lame.

As with Hourglass of Summer (which is better than Figures of Happiness, but still a far cry from excellence), I suspect that the quality of the game is overstated simply because of the lack of options available in North America. Somehow, even poor-quality titles like Snow Drop are regarded as classics.
rg4619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-11, 16:52   Link #5
sourcreamking

Ok, I need some help here...

I have unlocked all 3 Mio endings, 2 miss death endings, 1 each for Mao & Izumi...
And I have gotten the first Minamo ending
Spoiler for Spoiler:

Yet, Minamo's ending doesn't show up under "extras" - "albums", so I cannot unlock the other endings...

I know this is an old thread, but I cross my fingers that someone is still out there with some helpful information...
sourcreamking is offline   Reply With Quote