AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime > Fansub Groups

Notices

Old 2008-08-08, 15:08   Link #421
shinjipierre
Computer graphist

Quote:
The diff between
{\K50}yo {\K50}man
and
{\K50}yo{\k0} {\K50}man
I don't quite understand the difference... You mean, it's a visual difference ? To help timers ?

Anyway, I don't really plan on making something with kt, negative... I'll just say "stick it with the old SSA" to the ones who still want to use my script.
Old 2008-08-08, 15:14   Link #422
shinjipierre
Computer graphist

I've made a big mistake and didn't check whether it was working in any language or not.... and left a french word in the expression (Curseur)...

So, you can get a new version 0.81 on my website www.remipierre.fr

Shinjipierre
Old 2008-08-08, 16:33   Link #423
getfresh
done
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinjipierre View Post
I don't quite understand the difference... You mean, it's a visual difference ? To help timers ?

Anyway, I don't really plan on making something with kt, negative... I'll just say "stick it with the old SSA" to the ones who still want to use my script.
{\k0} is only for doing softsub/plain kara as far as I know. Thats all I meant. It is so that the scroll isn't scrolling a portion of a blank space like " " at the end of a word which would be factored into the size of the scroll area making the timing look off.
getfresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-08, 17:10   Link #424
pichu
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfs View Post
Uh... I've never been able to use Aegisub's karaoke mode to produce negative timings and I'm pretty sure it's explicitly impossible. At least using mouse dragging on the audio view...
Also it'd be hard to represent in a sensible way in the audio view I think. Maybe as a kind of Gantt chart but... eww.

Aegisub doesn't support \kt at all, and (at least officially) doesn't support negative \k timings either.
Yea, I guess it's not possible, but he did a trick for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverfire
<@silverfire> its not possible to time negative \k's
<@silverfire> but
<@silverfire> aegisub adds them
<@silverfire> if you try to use their join as karaoke
<@silverfire> on overlapping lines
<@silverfire> like if i had a line that starts .10 before the next
<@silverfire> and both were 100cs
<@silverfire> and i tried to join em
<@silverfire> as karaoke
<@silverfire> id get
<@silverfire> {\k100}line1{\k-100}{\k100}line2
<@silverfire> if they overlapped by .05
<@silverfire> itd be
<@silverfire> {\k100}line1{\k-50}{\k100}line2
<@silverfire> you cant like
<@silverfire> manually TIME the damned things
<@silverfire> to negative time
<@silverfire> but aegis will generate em
pichu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-08, 17:46   Link #425
silverfire
World's Biggest Douchebag

Just to clarify, all the timing was done in the regular mode. I've never used the karaoke mode (and don't really plan to) since I can already time songs ridiculously quickly (in the ballpark of 120-150% the actual running time of the song for quite a few of them).

I got negative times from joining overlapping lines by karaoke.
silverfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-09, 12:07   Link #426
tymek88

Hi!

I have Adobe After Effects Karaoke Scripts
and now.. ;< have anyone video tutorial, how to add karaoke in ass files to AAE?
tymek88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-10, 05:34   Link #427
3uronymous
\m/
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by tymek88 View Post
Hi!

I have Adobe After Effects Karaoke Scripts
and now.. ;< have anyone video tutorial, how to add karaoke in ass files to AAE?
I can't remember if/where it can be found on shinjipierre's site so grab this: http://dbmd.org/stuff/script_tutorial.avi

Keep in mind however that it's a bit outdated and there's a slide control for removing the spaces between syllables now in a later version of his script.
3uronymous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-11, 08:22   Link #428
G.U.N.D.A.M

Hi
Question 1: I'm trying to make a karaoke in AFX, using shinjipierre's script I did what I wanted to do but I'm a little stuck on something...
I want to make a word scale over time then shrink back
so if the \k value is 30 (\k30) then I want it to grow until 15 then grow back until 30

(for clarification) in .ass I usually do it like this
{\t(0,150,\fscx150\fscy150)\t(150,300,\fscx100\fsc y100)}

Question 2: I made a picture using Photoshop and imported it to AFX, what I want to do is move it when the syllable starts then stops when the syllable ends e.g. Macross Frontier OP by pichu

that's all for now...
G.U.N.D.A.M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-12, 04:00   Link #429
Zycle
:3
*Graphic Designer

You should watch Shinji's tutorial.
For the scale, just add "Scale" to "Keyframe style 1", change "Mode" in "Advanced" to "Add" and change "Anchor point Grouping" in "More Options" to "Word".

For the image... Don't know if there's an easier way, but you could keyframe the position of the image for each syllable. But that takes much time when have many lines.
Zycle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-12, 08:49   Link #430
G.U.N.D.A.M

thanks Zycle
the only tutorial I saw was the one that comes with the script so where can I find that tutorial you're talking about?

as for the image (it's gonna take a lot of time) so isn't there an easier way?
Old 2008-10-12, 10:15   Link #431
dj_tjerk
Ana-chan~

As far as i know.. there is no moving picture in the Macross OP.. it's just hard light blended glow (iirc.. long time ago). As for moving a picture, i guess you'd have to script something, to calculate positions at certian times.. Or.. maybe a different approach.. track motion on a precomped text layer properly animated, and interpolate/smooth that over time (but that's prolly harder .. don't even know if it works xD).

For scripting stuff you'd have to call for pichu.. he basically scripts his kara instead of doing what a normal AE users (artists) would do (handwork.. I do positioning by hand too most of the time, with a little scripting involved)
dj_tjerk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-12, 10:46   Link #432
G.U.N.D.A.M

Quote:
For the scale, just add "Scale" to "Keyframe style 1", change "Mode" in "Advanced" to "Add" and change "Anchor point Grouping" in "More Options" to "Word".
I did exactly that but how am I gonna make it grow then shrink back?
I tried adding an expression then pick whipped the Start but that failed and I tried simply changing the scale value to 150 but that makes the word scale as its sung...
Old 2008-10-12, 16:24   Link #433
shinjipierre
Computer graphist

Quote:
I can't remember if/where it can be found on shinjipierre's site so grab
It's in the rar with the script.

Quote:
There are different types of keyframe "styles", just look for the correct one. just bear in mind that I've made my "styles" when I needed.... they're not perfect.

Quote:
as for the image (it's gonna take a lot of time) so isn't there an easier way?
it takes what, 10 minutes for a whole opening ? I think I have a script that adds the "in between" keyframes.. I just had to place the picture over the syllable at the right time (moving in time with keyframes...) and execute the script. You may want to make the movements with a null and parent it if you want to change the picture, though...

Quote:
track motion on a precomped text layer properly animated
takes longer to track correctly and all than doing it by yourself...
Old 2008-10-12, 16:34   Link #434
dj_tjerk
Ana-chan~

Don't think it'd take that long to track.. but i guess i should try it once.. :P And I checked the keyframe styles, and there is no keyframe style that has 50/50 for up/down... so either you have to script it yourself or just bear with the other ones available.
Old 2008-10-12, 16:51   Link #435
G.U.N.D.A.M

it's not the 50/50 I'm talking about
I can't get it to grow over time
I click "Add" then "Property" then "Scale" then I get the scale but I can't get it to grow over time it grows suddenly when its sung and stays that way until the syllable ends I want it to grow from 0 to the end of the syllable not just suddenly...
I tried it on all the keyframe styles but I couldn't get it right...
if I add an expression to the scale and pick whip it to the start time then the scale grows more each syllable...
could someone give me a project with only a scale so I can understand...?
Old 2008-10-13, 06:57   Link #436
pichu
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.U.N.D.A.M View Post
Hi
Question 1: I'm trying to make a karaoke in AFX, using shinjipierre's script I did what I wanted to do but I'm a little stuck on something...
so if the \k value is 30 (\k30) then I want it to grow until 15 then grow back until 30

(for clarification) in .ass I usually do it like this
{\t(0,150,\fscx150\fscy150)\t(150,300,\fscx100\fsc y100)}

Question 2: I made a picture using Photoshop and imported it to AFX, what I want to do is move it when the syllable starts then stops when the syllable ends e.g. Macross Frontier OP by pichu

that's all for now...
As for Q1, the way how it should have been done is to adjust your keyframes rather than presets. And the script I wrote will automatically normalize it. There's one little problem, when renormalizing the curves, I need to also renormalize the tangents--I have to research how to do this part. The fixed-length sizes are also possible, but they're a bit risky, since you'll end up overlapping them. And the only way to help that problem is to allow syllable per layer basis. In the framework I'm developing, you can do that. So if you have a sample text layer with all the proepr keyframes and markers, then you can make a karaoke very quickly, provided that I made an automated system (autoadd function from KRKProject), which will get all the keyframes and check your properties and markers to see if it's in the right format--then store into the memory to commit.

As for Q2, at that time, I wrote my own script starting from app.project.activeItem. In that karaoke, it's not an image--it's a simple Glow using hardlight blend mode.

But I do images too: Menclave/aone's Koihime Musou ED.

This is done automatically (and took me about 5min to upgrade from nonofficial lyrics to official lyrics after it's been timed) albeit of the number of codes I have to rewrite. The whole codes are like 300 lines. The food dropping is pretty intuitive. I use some expression to drop down and bounce up parabolically (x^2 something), using only In Point and the value there (the value is inserted automatically by the script). And the food (7 images) is about 300 layers, using fixed-length times. The syllables are moved linearly though but since the distance is too short, you won't tell the difference xD

Since there's no way to get the text sizes in AFX because Text Layer assumes the composition size, I have to get it separately, allowing me to use positions automatically. See my JSON script generator. (paste your .ass script with \k karaoke, and it will generate to json variables for used in the script I made.

The way it is to implement is to generate the positional data on your keyframed properties (say Effects.Point Control.Point), and you'll use expressions to make this to work. I don't think there's any other way out.

http://www.pichu.org/Karaoke_ssa.html

Last edited by pichu; 2008-10-13 at 08:25.
Old 2008-10-23, 11:39   Link #437
kimini

hey there.
i am try to instart the aas i timing with aegisub to AFX with the very last version of the script 0.81 . but when i do that. i get the next message.

what i need to do?
kimini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-23, 13:06   Link #438
dj_tjerk
Ana-chan~

You didn't by any chance end a kara line with an empty syllable did you? So instead of
Code:
{\k15}ki{\k10}no{\k10}u {\k15}ka{\k8}a{\k15}sa{\k19}n {\k14}o{\k15}ka{\k17}shi{\k34}ta{\k56}
just do.
Code:
{\k15}ki{\k10}no{\k10}u {\k15}ka{\k8}a{\k15}sa{\k19}n {\k14}o{\k15}ka{\k17}shi{\k34}ta
Old 2008-10-23, 16:54   Link #439
shinjipierre
Computer graphist

weird, my new version should take care of {/k0} things...

Well, maybe i didn't do it correctly, ahha

remove any k0 you can see in your SSA file.
Old 2008-10-23, 17:21   Link #440
pichu
*Fansubber

and mine takes negative \k timings as well as \k0... i'm not sure if i fixed the negative timings in the html, but it's a simple fix by having a regex test: [-\d] (or -?\d+ if you're more technical) instead of \d. I think it's also a bit more optimized by not making range selectors (i.e. one selector per syllable effect) for empty or space syllables, since it's pretty pointless to do that. You should always use regex matches to parse things, it's a lot easier -- and less mistakes

hmm i wonder why no one is asking questions about my script... I'm sure there are questions about its usability.

Last edited by pichu; 2008-10-23 at 17:34.