AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2010-10-10, 03:22   Link #1341
Samari
World's Greatest

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Well, at the very least I don't think it's possible for them to lose to Kolb when he has a damaged McCoy. Even with a healthy McCoy, they'd have a good shot.
Oh we have the ability to lose against anyone. I can guarantee that Alex Smith with have at least one interception in the form of a bounce to another player. It always happens due to his bad touch on passing the ball. It's quite sad when you have to gameplan around something bad you already know is going to happen to your team. What a handicap...a guaranteed interception.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Samari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-10, 10:55   Link #1342
Rajura
My wolfu is >> your waifu

Quote:
Originally Posted by solomon View Post
Ok let me get this straight.....

South Carolina upends no. 1 Bama

Michigan State asserts it's dominance at the Big House

Auburn just edges a Kentucky rally

LSU pulls upset in the Swamp

OSU Beavers upset Arizona at home

Supposedly rising UCLA is swept by Cal

Texas Tech manages to cool down the hot streak Baylor Bears

Penn State gets beaten by Illinois AT HOME

Tom O Brian beats his old team BC

Lowly Georgia manages to take care of a surprising Tennessee squad

Syracuse gets a choice road win

Stanford holds off a strong Southern Cal team....

And somehow New Mexico manages to loose to lowly NM State

What A Day.
Typical day in college football... especially the SEC.

That UK-AU game was fun... enjoyed myself there. Pleased will the final outcome... not the refereeing!!!!! ... A LOT of bad calls.
For example, you shouldn't call a late hit on someone who is riding the ball carrier out of bounds... just shouldn't be called. It's not like he just waylayed the guy out of bounds.
And oh boy, some of those pass interference calls... not all but some were down right ridiculous!

As for Bama... they lost, I was not surprised... Bama has been lucky a few times over the last year, and South Carolina wanted it more and played lights out. When SC made mistakes, they didn't let Bama capitalize on them.
Does that mean Bama is not an extremely good team, of course not, it just means they are not invincible... which is what everyone should have already known.

Last edited by Rajura; 2010-10-10 at 19:57. Reason: Typo
Rajura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-10, 12:37   Link #1343
White Manju Bun
Born to make history
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness View Post
And just like that, not only does LSU Coach Les Miles save his job, he puts his team in first place in the entire SEC (!!)...Just like effin that...They call him the "Madd Hatter"...The Devil lives under that cap I'm convinced...
Gotta love a guy whos overall 56-15, won it all in 07 and has started the last 4 seasons either 4-0 or 5-0 and Tiger fans still werent happy....
But I admit he's got some of the best luck in this game, aside from Ole Miss last year.
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
White Manju Bun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-10, 14:50   Link #1344
Elo the Blue
Mama there goes that man!

Ravens taking care of business against the Broncos. I love it...
Old 2010-10-10, 15:50   Link #1345
King Lycan
User Title eaten by ravenous bunnies
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elo the Blue View Post
Ravens taking care of business against the Broncos. I love it...
I don't
Man our play calling is horrible
Run game is horrible
and most one sided reffing i've seen ever
Old 2010-10-10, 15:56   Link #1346
Highman
Keep Pounding and Destroy

Send a message via AIM to Highman
Quote:
Originally Posted by White Manju Bun View Post
Gotta love a guy whos overall 56-15, won it all in 07 and has started the last 4 seasons either 4-0 or 5-0 and Tiger fans still werent happy....
But I admit he's got some of the best luck in this game, aside from Ole Miss last year.
Just like I said Louisiana has the worse fans in the South but not in the all time record in sports fans. Watch for them to look for excuses, the reason they are upset because of their depression and old ways.
Highman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-10, 18:56   Link #1347
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

Pretty lulzy day

Arizona beats New Orleans.
Tampa beats Cincy.
Detroit destroys the Rams.
Washington beats Green Bay.
Oakland beats San Diego.
Dilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-10, 19:01   Link #1348
Prodigy
Heartless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilla View Post
Pretty lulzy day

Arizona beats New Orleans.
Tampa beats Cincy.
Detroit destroys the Rams.
Washington beats Green Bay.
Oakland beats San Diego.
Ugh, I got spanked in pickems this week thanks to those games and the Giants over Texans and Titans over Cowboys. Dunno what I was thinking picking Houston and Dallas.
Prodigy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-10, 22:49   Link #1349
Elo the Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Lycan View Post
I don't
Man our play calling is horrible
Run game is horrible
and most one sided reffing i've seen ever
I'd say the game was called pretty fairly.
Old 2010-10-10, 23:54   Link #1350
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

The superbowl aura is gone, we kinda suck...The Saints Defense is doing a good job, but our offense is $hitty right now, our all-pro O-linemen are getting beat and getting penalties at crucial times, and Drew Brees is pressing because he thinks he's gonna get popped...

Wow, we need Reggie Bush (and Pierre Thomas) so bad right now...In the past we've been able to get by without him (them), but it's clear that without Bush defenses are dropping all their coverages back and the Saints are getting frustrated playing small ball...Drew Bress wants to throw it long, but he has to throw short and when he wants to throw it long he's forcing it...Nothing is crisp or rhythmic right now...

Bush is an a$$ for getting himself hurt (He did that $hit to himself!), but he has also proven that without a doubt this teams needs his ability and another big contract is on the horizon...
Old 2010-10-11, 01:03   Link #1351
solomon

Ah My skins win a game they probably shouldn't have, the Boys loose a game they REALLY shouldn't have....good day.

Also, Philly is riding high after both the Eagles winning and the Phillies moving on in the baseball postseason. (Conversely, Cincy is probably gonna feel real hung over tommoroa).
solomon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-11, 03:06   Link #1352
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

lol

Old 2010-10-11, 14:50   Link #1353
Highman
Keep Pounding and Destroy

Send a message via AIM to Highman
Quote:
The superbowl aura is gone, we kinda suck...The Saints Defense is doing a good job, but our offense is $hitty right now, our all-pro O-linemen are getting beat and getting penalties at crucial times, and Drew Brees is pressing because he thinks he's gonna get popped...

Wow, we need Reggie Bush (and Pierre Thomas) so bad right now...In the past we've been able to get by without him (them), but it's clear that without Bush defenses are dropping all their coverages back and the Saints are getting frustrated playing small ball...Drew Bress wants to throw it long, but he has to throw short and when he wants to throw it long he's forcing it...Nothing is crisp or rhythmic right now...

Bush is an a$$ for getting himself hurt (He did that $hit to himself!), but he has also proven that without a doubt this teams needs his ability and another big contract is on the horizon...
Madden curse................*ooh* Madden Curse!
Highman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-12, 13:13   Link #1354
Elo the Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilla View Post
lol

I don't know what's funnier, the brief pause before #24 picks up the ball or the stiff-arm.
Old 2010-10-12, 18:01   Link #1355
Kyuu
=^^=

Quote:
I don't know what's funnier, the brief pause before #24 picks up the ball or the stiff-arm.
Definitely the pause... signaling that they're idiots. LOL
Kyuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-12, 18:44   Link #1356
Prodigy
Heartless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highman View Post
Madden curse................*ooh* Madden Curse!
Haha, I was thinking the same thing! It sucks because I got him on my fantasy team.

Hopefully the Broncos pull an upset and beat the Jets this week.

I guess Branch is back with the Pats. I wanna see how that works out.
Prodigy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-13, 00:53   Link #1357
Samari
World's Greatest

Quote:

How about you guys actually get a franchise back in the next daft? I think that has been missing from New Orleans ever since Deuce McCalister retired. I still think Reggie should not have been a first rounder. Jones-Drew was the better player in that draft.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Samari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-13, 10:33   Link #1358
Elo the Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samari View Post
How about you guys actually get a franchise back in the next daft? I think that has been missing from New Orleans ever since Deuce McCalister retired. I still think Reggie should not have been a first rounder. Jones-Drew was the better player in that draft.
As was DeAngelo Williams.
Old 2010-10-13, 23:51   Link #1359
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

Quote:
As was DeAngelo Williams.
Indeed.

Anyway:
Quote:
Restricted free agents Vincent Jackson and Logan Mankins both will report this season to their respective teams, the San Diego Chargers and New England Patriots, upon recommendation from the National Football Players Association, according to several sources.

Under this scenario, Jackson will report to the Chargers by Oct. 31 and Mankins will report to the Patriots by Nov. 16 to earn an accrued season and secure unrestricted free agency in 2011.

By Jackson and Mankins earning a sixth accrued season, the only way the Chargers and Patriots can restrict their free agency in 2011 would be to place a franchise tag on them next February at a considerably higher guaranteed value than the restricted contract tenders. A transition tag also would be available for the Chargers and Patriots instead of the franchise tag, but the teams would not receive any draft pick compensation and would only have right of first refusal on any contract the players signed with another team.
Source

Looks like keeping Jackson in a bench slot might pay off for me.
Old 2010-10-14, 01:20   Link #1360
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
Quote:
C'mon bro...Am I wasting my time here? Do you not want me to post in this thread anymore? Can you give me anything better than this triteness?
Sounds like someone is butt-hurt that the Patriots have 3 Superbowl Rings in 4 appearances over the past decade. Their system works. While 90% of the teams in the league have up and down years, they are consistently in it, putting out 11+ win seasons.

You want to see laughable, go look at San Diego. Supposedly the most talented team in the NFL, but they've lost to Seattle, Oakland, and Kansas City!

And I agree with an earlier poster. Reggie Bush has been a bust in terms of where he placed in the draft.
justinstrife is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
american football, sports