AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2014-04-30, 00:38   Link #1261
Endless Soul
Megane girl fan

I finally managed to marathon all the episodes during these last two weeks. I haven't read the books, but the show itself is very good stuff.

Also, I've spotted several actors that were in Rome, another HBO series.

Endless "Latecomer" Soul
Old 2014-05-01, 10:36   Link #1262
DMurphy

I think this will probably be a one-off, rather than the show regularly including events which (might possibly) be included in the books. Alternately, it may be pulling a Fullmetal Alchemist and spinning off in a different direction altogether.

Latest Review: Psycho-Pass 2 and Legend of Korra
DMurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-01, 10:52   Link #1263
GDB

I think it's more that it makes sense to include some future stuff now. Listen to the reaction of non-book readers when they found out that scene, and really any scenes involving the White Walkers, aren't in the books until book 6 or whatever. They're like "wtf?" because really, that's way too long to wait to not even dabble in it.

Granted, it makes sense in the books since the books are told from various characters' points of view, but it also means that you really stop caring about plot lines when you don't see them actually doing anything.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-04, 19:11   Link #1264
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Old 2014-05-04, 21:52   Link #1265
Destined_Fate

Going the Pizza angle, huh?

I raise you some Hound Approved Chicken.

Anyway, anyone see the promo for the latest episode? Seems like Arya's going to be taking charge of her own destiny much sooner than I had thought. Maybe she will reach Braavos this season after all!

Wonder how that'll work out for her in the TV series as it's deviating a lot from the Novel now as they're going their own direction.
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-04, 23:06   Link #1266
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

I cracked up at "Every f!@$in chicken in this room" size XD
Old 2014-05-04, 23:17   Link #1267
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

well uh... Locke died fast, lol

It seems that Denerys isn't going to be going to Westeros anytime soon, I guess her arabian adventures are just starting.

Sanza just can't get a break, out of the frying pan and into the fire lol.

Who wants to bet that Peter is going to kill his "lovely" new wife soon, get control of the Vale, and try to marry Sanza?
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-05, 00:02   Link #1268
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

...has anyone yet realized how utterly terrifying the Mountains new actor, Mister Hafþór Júlíus Björnsson is?

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
YouTube
YouTube
Roger Rambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-05, 06:46   Link #1269
DMurphy

Every time Petyr looks at Lysa, his eyes seem to say 'I'm going to murder you literally the second you're no longer useful to me'.

Also, man, Jojen's visions are trippy.

Old 2014-05-05, 09:05   Link #1270
Xagzan

I was confused by the reveal. I thought I remembered Cersei implying she had that Pycelle guy poison Jon Arryn when she realized what he was up to, didn't she?
Xagzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-05, 09:12   Link #1271
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Hodor killing that little bitch is cathartic.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-05, 09:30   Link #1272
ChainLegacy
廉頗

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Rambo View Post
...has anyone yet realized how utterly terrifying the Mountains new actor, Mister Hafþór Júlíus Björnsson is?

YouTube
YouTube
YouTube
Yes, because I am a powerlifter and have been a World's Strongest Man fan since I was a child. Knew about him since 2012 when he first started showing up in the strongman world.

Of course, he's still not quite as strong as Zydrunas Savickas and imo Brian Shaw (though he did edge out Shaw by a few points in this years WSM), but they don't look as stereotypically monstrous as he does.

It would be damn sweet if they put Zydrunas in as a giant warrior too, though.
ChainLegacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-05, 09:44   Link #1273
Byakou

It was nice to see creepy Littlefinger getting airtime again. He's evil but he's amazing. Poor Sansa manages to leave king's landing, only to end up in a place surrounded by creepy and insane people. I wonder how Brienne is going to save her, they're going to the wrong place. Podrick is hilarious, he's a squire but he never did squire-ish things, but he managed to kill a king's guard, she seemed impressed by that. I hope Brienne manages to get back to king's landing after all this is done, the feels when Jaime and Brienne separated on the previous episode, it's as if they were setting it up that they were never going to see each other again :/

The Jon Snow story arc is my least favorite one. Commander Mormont was kinda of a dickbag, I didn't feel sad when the mutineers stabbed him last season. But they really went over the top with how evil the mutineers had become.
Byakou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-05, 09:55   Link #1274
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byakou View Post
The Jon Snow story arc is my least favorite one. Commander Mormont was kinda of a dickbag, I didn't feel sad when the mutineers stabbed him last season. But they really went over the top with how evil the mutineers had become.
Remember, most of the Crows are convicts who chose the wall over being executed, along with bastards who were generally treated badly during life. Jon and Sam seem to be the relative exceptions to that.
Old 2014-05-05, 10:00   Link #1275
DMurphy

Yeah. It hasn't been mentioned too much since, but it came up a lot in the first series that a lot of the Night's Watch are thieves, murderers, and worse. In a way, it's not surprising that when you get a group composed largely of the criminal and the mistreated and then put them somewhere cold and dangerous where food is scarce, that they might eventually go full-out evil.

Old 2014-05-05, 14:21   Link #1276
Hazou
Immortal Flames

Hodor...

This episode was good as always. The ending was a little unsastifactory though, imo. And the Queen of Dragons is awesome.

Burn strongly and freely, my immortal flames.
Hazou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-06, 18:58   Link #1277
Byakou

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Remember, most of the Crows are convicts who chose the wall over being executed, along with bastards who were generally treated badly during life. Jon and Sam seem to be the relative exceptions to that.
Yeah definitively but I think they went over the top with them going full psycho, drinking from a fresh skull really? bit too cartoonish to my liking. They could have just gotten rid of the whole scenes altogether, didn't add or change anything to the story. Just then again it's my least favorite story arc so there you go.
Byakou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-07, 09:22   Link #1278
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

So basically this whole mess started because one man couldn't get the woman that he loved so he became a pimp and finance minister to get rich, uses King Robert's overspending and borrowing money to keep some money for himself using his connection as minister to hide it, convince the sister of the woman he loved to poison her husband and lie to her sister that the King's Family in law did it, which led the honorable Starks and prideful Lannisters from bitter rivals to hateful enemies, which led to a war where everyone was trying to gain power, cause millions of deaths and suffering, the fall of good people and the rise of worse people, which ends with the kingdoms not only still suffering from the effects of the war but is so heavily in debt to a powerful bank who strongly don't like people who don't pay them back that the once richest family that won the war is now broke and has to play kiss up to the 2nd richest family, who unknown to them was involved in assassinating the last King thanks to the former finance minister, who is now husband to the regent of one of the great Houses and guardian to two heirs of the great Houses.

That's impressive.

Now i'm very interested with this Iron Bank of Braavos. Apparently they are so rich and so powerful that Tywin is even afraid of them. How powerful are they and will they help Stannis by funding his comeback?
Old 2014-05-07, 11:44   Link #1279
GDB

Actually, the Starks and Lannisters became enemies because Ned tried to prevent Joffrey from becoming King, since he knew he wasn't fit for the throne. I forget if he knew at that point whether Joffrey wasn't of Robert's blood or if he only knew that Joffrey was an insane, cruel little pecker, but either way he twisted Robert's dying words to try and allow for Stannis to become King. After finding out the truth (or shortly thereafter, pending timeline), Cersi set him up as a traitor for trying to deny Joffrey the throne and the two had him beheaded.

Unless you meant that the only reason they were even in that situation was because the former Hand was killed.
Old 2014-05-07, 12:54   Link #1280
oompa loompa

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
So basically this whole mess started because one man couldn't get the woman that he loved so he became a pimp and finance minister to get rich, uses King Robert's overspending and borrowing money to keep some money for himself using his connection as minister to hide it, convince the sister of the woman he loved to poison her husband and lie to her sister that the King's Family in law did it, which led the honorable Starks and prideful Lannisters from bitter rivals to hateful enemies, which led to a war where everyone was trying to gain power, cause millions of deaths and suffering, the fall of good people and the rise of worse people, which ends with the kingdoms not only still suffering from the effects of the war but is so heavily in debt to a powerful bank who strongly don't like people who don't pay them back that the once richest family that won the war is now broke and has to play kiss up to the 2nd richest family, who unknown to them was involved in assassinating the last King thanks to the former finance minister, who is now husband to the regent of one of the great Houses and guardian to two heirs of the great Houses.

That's impressive.

Now i'm very interested with this Iron Bank of Braavos. Apparently they are so rich and so powerful that Tywin is even afraid of them. How powerful are they and will they help Stannis by funding his comeback?
Well.. if you want to go even further back you could argue that the real root of the story is when Rhaegar betrayed the dornish and kidnapped leleana stark; without that the danearys storyline wouldn't exist. As far as the bank of braavos goes, well, I imagine theyre like any other bank today. Once you default on your loan you lose all credibility with the BOB ( a catchy acronym for bank of braavos), and once they put the word out that you have no credibility, no one else will give you a loan. Once the kingdoms realize you're broke as shit, and that you have 0 credibility.. well you can imagine how it would go.. as far as littlefinger is concerned, he did say 'chaos is a ladder'.
oompa loompa is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
game of thrones, hbo