AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2018-12-27, 10:37   Link #11101
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Send a message via MSN to SonicSP
Just some random things about Azadistan since it got brought up, mainly from the Kuroda-approved novels:

- Marina is mainly a symbolic leader even if she is technically the head of state. Basically the Parliament was divided so much that they agreed to revive the monarchy in hopes that can minimize the disputes like some sort of third party mediator (which didn’t work I guess).

- Marina was just a normal girl who loves to sing but was chosen because she is the latest generation of the ancient royal bloodline.

- Azadistan’s Parliment is divided into two sides, each side representing different sects of a particular religion. My guess is that the Conservatives and Reformists seen from the anime are also these sides.
Old 2019-01-09, 21:31   Link #11102
ArmorPilot

Just got through the series and the movie. Excellent, very much excellent. I was pretty happy at the contradictions of Celestial Beings being handled pretty maturely.

"We start war to end war."
"That's a hypocritical!"
"We know, nothing else in history has worked."
"You're a bunch of killers making things worse!"
"We know, we don't reject responsibility for it."

Also for all the rampant whining about aliens, I thought they were woven throughout the story quite well. They weren't damn rubber forehead aliens which is my biggest pet peeve in most sci-fi series. They were actually pretty terrifying. Gundam 00 does fairly well as harder sci-fi than most.

Graham Aker is probably the best Char clone in existence, probably more so IMO than the man himself. His Sol Braves team got the biggest hero moment in the movie for my money.

For favorite MCs it would go Lockon - Hallelujah tied for first, Setsuna, Tierra.

Ali Al Saachez is a magnificent son of a bitch. Gonna miss that warmonger.
ArmorPilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-02-17, 19:07   Link #11103
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Still no news about the possible sequel?
Mad Pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-02-18, 06:41   Link #11104
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

As far as 00 goes, all I know that's new is the new Gundam Throne, the GNW-004 Gundam Throne Vier, the repaired and upgraded successor of the Gundam Throne Zwei. Part of that stage play.
Old 2019-02-19, 10:03   Link #11105
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

That thing looks like its the midquel to Zwei and Arche. It has Arche’s colors and some parts while also being Zwei.
Old 2019-08-22, 18:20   Link #11106
Roloko vi Britannia
The Dark Empress

I'm guessing that the sequel I've been hearing about everywhere was just a stageplay? They would've at least dropped something by now if there was going to be a new TV series or OVA/Movie.

Roloko vi Britannia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-08-23, 01:41   Link #11107
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

​They were three 00 works announced at the 00 10th Anniversary Re:Vision event in April 2018:

a) A stage play called Re:Vision which takes place canonically after the movie. This was performed during the actual April 2018 00 10th anniversary event itself.

This stageplay takes place after the movie and stars Laetitia Erde and Graham Aker with their mechs Dynames Repair II and Exia Repair IV. The lineart you see of the characters and mechs were made for this stageplay.

Laetitia who has Tieria's memories but with a different personality takes over Tieria's role as he is traveling with Setsuna to the ELS home world.

b) A stageplay remake of the TV series called Re:Build was released in February 2019. This retells the TV series as a separate continuity and has some plot changes like Ribbons hiring the Trinities instead and Ali getting a fourth Gundam Throne unit.

On this topic, it was announced early this month that this stage play will get a Second Season.

c) A new 00 project by Seiji Mizushima that is reportedly a sequel. We don't know much about it but we got an animated teaser during the 00 10th anniversary event April last year. We even spent the last few pages of this thread discussing the teaser. I attached the link to the teaser with sub's below:

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

So what is the status of this project? We don't know. Could still be on track or could be in developement hell - stuff like that happens all the time. But one thing for sure is that we knew from the beginning it was not the stageplay. That was also announced during the same event and clearly marked as such format.

On a different Gundam note, the last 4-5 years Tomino talked occasionally about how he is still developing a compilation movie series for G-Reco - and the full annoucement of the first movie (and the rest of the five movie series) didn't hit until a few months ago. It can take awhile especially since we know that Sunrise is working on a lot of other Gundam projects as well.

The 00 new project was also announced during a 10th anniversary event. Likely the project was announced much earlier than it would have had it didnt commerate with a special number. Pre-production can take years for some projects even when nothing is going wrong.

Just be warned that even if it does get released it could be a smartphone game with animated parts just like the IBO one, we still don't know the format.

Last edited by SonicSP; 2019-08-25 at 01:45.
SonicSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-10-06, 05:15   Link #11108
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Oh hey, ELS Graham & Exia Repair IV is now available in SRW:

YouTube
Old 2019-10-06, 19:43   Link #11109
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

I wonder if the second season of that stage play will have any changes to the story or new mecha.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-10-07, 13:41   Link #11110
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

The first season changed the story (Ribbons hired the Trinities instead of killing them) and introduced a fourth Gundam Throne that was given to Ali, so I suspect yes.

If we're lucky maybe they'd give us a new GNZ unit. I remember you wanted one back in the day.
Old 2019-10-07, 20:10   Link #11111
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicSP View Post
The first season changed the story (Ribbons hired the Trinities instead of killing them) and introduced a fourth Gundam Throne that was given to Ali, so I suspect yes.

If we're lucky maybe they'd give us a new GNZ unit. I remember you wanted one back in the day.
Did I? I don't remember, those 00 days might as well be back in the BC era to me now. But I'm still a GNZ fan, more the merrier.
Old 2019-10-14, 00:28   Link #11112
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Well more specifically you wanted to know what GNZ-002 and GNZ-006 was.
Old 2020-01-04, 08:21   Link #11113
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

So...Cross Rays has been released for a while now and we can finally see ELS Qant in action:
YouTube

Such beautiful scene...and My God, that thing is overpowered as hell! Let's list all the things that it can do:
  • It has regeneration
  • It has instant teleportation
  • It has the power of assimilation
  • It has Gate of Babylon...I mean ELS hordes ready for summon to basically become super-OP funnels
  • It has Trans-am with seemingly no drawbacks
  • It has ELS tentacles on its back that will make Lupus Rex blush
  • and it seems to have unlimited energy.

I don't think even the Turn-A can take on the ELS Qant. The only thing that might have a chance is a fully-awakened Unicorn unit that can manipulate time & space itself.
Old 2020-01-04, 12:12   Link #11114
Faux Mecha
robot looks impractical

Setsuna has gone Star Trek.
Faux Mecha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-01-05, 19:24   Link #11115
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
So...Cross Rays has been released for a while now and we can finally see ELS Qant in action:
YouTube

Such beautiful scene...and My God, that thing is overpowered as hell! Let's list all the things that it can do:
  • It has regeneration
  • It has instant teleportation
  • It has the power of assimilation
  • It has Gate of Babylon...I mean ELS hordes ready for summon to basically become super-OP funnels
  • It has Trans-am with seemingly no drawbacks
  • It has ELS tentacles on its back that will make Lupus Rex blush
  • and it seems to have unlimited energy.

I don't think even the Turn-A can take on the ELS Qant. The only thing that might have a chance is a fully-awakened Unicorn unit that can manipulate time & space itself.
As close as we'll get I suppose. Based on those abilities, I'm happy with never seeing the ELS Qanta in a sequel.
Old 2020-01-06, 08:31   Link #11116
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faux Mecha View Post
Setsuna has gone Star Trek.
I think Mizushima did say a long time ago that Star Trek was the inspiration/goal of 00. Likely referring to civilization by the end of the show.
Old 2022-03-18, 06:09   Link #11117
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Since it's been confirmed that they'll make a possibly short CG anime called Revealed Chronicle that "fills in the blanks" of 00 techs ala Gundam Evolve or MS IGLOO, Bandai have released a trailer for Metal Build of the Exia that supposedly will be in the anime.

YouTube

Of course Exia gets more bigass sword!
Old 2022-03-18, 10:21   Link #11118
Frontier

Looks like it's just a CGI series for showing off new toys. Not that there's anything wrong with that .
Old 2022-03-18, 12:22   Link #11119
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Damn the Exia is shilled more than the Freedom and Strike Freedom these days.
Old 2022-03-19, 01:46   Link #11120
coodie21

Went back here after two years
coodie21 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
spoilers