AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2021-08-23, 17:35   Link #3541
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tactics View Post
I do hope now Toei tried their best if they intended to (once again) tried building a cohesive world.

Second half of Heisei cohesiveness only lasts until Fourze, and got trouble maintaining it early thanks to first three Riders cast popularity;
As a result only Eiji got proper crossover (with both W and Fourze), with Tomari behind him (with Accel and Ghost); without any dimension traveling explanation.
There was a world cohesiveness in Neo Heisei? I didn't even realize .

After Decade, I thought it's all just mishmash of alternate worlds .
Old 2021-08-23, 18:35   Link #3542
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

The problem with trying to set shows in the same world is that you just have to wonder why previous Riders don't show up to help when major threats rise up. Not to mention most of the time the world building is completely different and incompatible. Then Zi-oh came and tried to make us buy that ALL the Heisei shows took place in the same world

They almost had the right idea with Decade, but ruined it by having the worlds he visited be AUs. The suits don't make the Riders.
Old 2021-08-23, 23:20   Link #3543
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
There was a world cohesiveness in Neo Heisei? I didn't even realize .

After Decade, I thought it's all just mishmash of alternate worlds .
Well, its not something like Avengers where you can easily see impact of other heroes in another movie.
At least there were efforts back then and its nice to see they were trying after such mess happened in Decade.

Spoiler for The list of tie-in:
Then it comes Zi-O who made situation a mess again.

Old 2021-08-23, 23:36   Link #3544
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Then it comes Zi-O who made situation a mess again.
Anniversary Riders are cursed, I tell you .
Old 2021-08-24, 17:02   Link #3545
justavisitor

In this case then Ultraman connects the worlds better..showa ultramans and mebius visit the same earth, while other Earth are just parallel worlds, but Ultramans can travel any worlds at will XD

It's too difficult for all reiwa riders to be in the same world imo
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
justavisitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-08-25, 23:53   Link #3546
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

Quote:
Originally Posted by justavisitor View Post
In this case then Ultraman connects the worlds better..showa ultramans and mebius visit the same earth, while other Earth are just parallel worlds, but Ultramans can travel any worlds at will XD

It's too difficult for all reiwa riders to be in the same world imo
Yeah, the irony.

Not only a more popular show is slow to tap into non-Japanese audience compare to Ultraman;
But also how could a show with local threats got less cohesiveness compare to show where buildings and mountain destroyed 3-4 times.

Its actually possible for Zero One and Saber to be connected but that would requires stretch believing that Hiden and ZAIA are not multi-national company.
Revice itself seems set to be on different universe with setting they announced; uniquely, thanks to Zenkaiger and Ghost collab also recent episode of Saber, Japanese audience wouldn't mind if Touma became Reiwa era's Tsukasa, traveling through dimensions via Wonder World, connecting Reiwa Riders.

Old 2021-08-27, 08:29   Link #3547
iko_uwais

Okay, wow. The ending for the Valkyrie and Vulcan V-cinema is seriously a bigger downer than even Metsubou Jinrai. There's probably going to be a novel as the true final chapter, because if not, man.
iko_uwais is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-08-27, 10:58   Link #3548
B214

Quote:
Originally Posted by iko_uwais View Post
Okay, wow. The ending for the Valkyrie and Vulcan V-cinema is seriously a bigger downer than even Metsubou Jinrai. There's probably going to be a novel as the true final chapter, because if not, man.
What's the ending like, i don't mind spoilers so you can share me. Just remember to post it in spoiler.
B214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-08-27, 15:45   Link #3549
iko_uwais

Quote:
Originally Posted by B214 View Post
What's the ending like, i don't mind spoilers so you can share me. Just remember to post it in spoiler.
Spoiler for ending:

Last edited by iko_uwais; 2021-08-27 at 16:46.
Old 2021-08-27, 21:09   Link #3550
B214

Quote:
Originally Posted by iko_uwais View Post
Spoiler for ending:
Spoiler for Ending:
B214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-08-28, 21:59   Link #3551
iko_uwais

Revice first impression: Liked Ikki/Revi but not a big fan of Vice. A bit too goofy for my taste, especially when compared to the Imajins, who are just the right amount of goofy.

V-Cinema of Saber will be titled Kamen Rider Saber: Fukazai no Sanjuusho (The Trio's Deep Sin). Will be focusing on Touma, Rintaro and Kento 8 years after the finale. Kento will receive a new power up item, the Arabiana Night WRB and a new emblem for Ikazuchi. Another new WRB called Amazing Siren has also been revealed, but the user is still unknown. Also, there seems to be a new user of Kyomu if looking at the trailer.

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2021-08-29, 12:28   Link #3552
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

With this Saber finally over.

Probably a magic-based Rider curse, just like Wizard, the show run good and definitely had potential but there's obvious notion some of plot point changed.
Similar to Koyomi and her amnesic state dropped midway in Wizard, there's enough notion the show will goes explaining Luna - Sophia relationship as Calibur arc finished but somehow we need to focus on Isaac and his two guardians because apparently he's trying to destroy the world; two Megid generals ironically died only for new form debut too when you recall the Wisemen are similar to them.

Also, similar to Wizard again, attention to detail in this series is really good.
Combined it with Ghost staffs attention to lore consistency, you got solid information for good myth building.

Path to Avalon made with 13 Wonder Ride Book, Brave Dragon and Jaaku Dragon; as said by Touma, this is reference to Knight of Rounds, Red and White Dragon.
Caladbolg is a recolor of Excalibur and drawn out from Omni Force, this is reference to Caladbolg being historically older and used by British as reference to Excalibur myth.
Xross Saber creation is using Sefirot as reference (said to be sword of creation, need 10 sword to complete the ritual), and how Mumeiken Kyomu perfected the creation is true to Da'at (its placement) that represent emptiness to balance out 'excess of energy'; this kind of detail made me really happy, good job avoid issue with Omni Force name for something implied based on bible.

Still, for some reason Ghost writer love to have lore-wise absolute unit final form only to lose it by the end with after story taking place several years after ending.

Revice looks solid, his debut at least told you can expect some comedy from Revi and Vice duo.
For the debut, I'd say my issue with Revice is Vice "identity". His act looks like they wanted to make a bokke with Revi as tsukkomi but they're taking notes from Momotaros too much to make it likeable to children as well instead of letting him have his own quirk to learn through mistakes later like Ankh; hopefully they able to build both identity firmly.
Old 2021-08-30, 10:21   Link #3553
justavisitor

Quote:
Also, similar to Wizard again, attention to detail in this series is really good.
Combined it with Ghost staffs attention to lore consistency, you got solid information for good myth building.
Don't know how the industry works, but isn't the main writer just disappeared ??
Still the staff did the good job on saber but I honestly don't know the job of the main writer anymore

And Revice, man so many things I personally don't enjoy... which include
1) the suit and henshin device look too plastic and cheap
2) Constantly breaking the fourth wall
3) the rider transforms to old senpai look alike, even tho they do not explicitly mention it...I mean, we just saw something like that 3 years ago!!! (Zi-o) it's getting tiresome imo. I know it's paying tribute to the 50th year, but fourze managed to do something else on the 40th year...ok I know 50th>40th...

Oh well, I will probably still watch it but it doesn't really match my personal taste at this moment (I know no one cares, but allow me to have a vent here, just this time plz )
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
Old 2021-08-30, 22:37   Link #3554
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

Quote:
Originally Posted by justavisitor View Post
Don't know how the industry works, but isn't the main writer just disappeared ??
Still the staff did the good job on saber but I honestly don't know the job of the main writer anymore
This once explained in Toei brief talk about Tokusatsu.
There are various tokusatsu writers but mainly categorized under:
Detailed and less detailed ones, on time and close to deadline ones, solo and team ones.

Detailed are writers that even going as far as directing the action to be specific.
On time? Pretty self-explanatory, they even mentioned some writers are bad at respecting time.
Solo is doing most the work by self, occasionally call other writers only when tight while team is about head writer coordinating with secondary writer from start.
The reason for team is vary, could be because the head writer is busy, could be because the head writer no good at translating draft into tokusatsu storyboard, etc.

From start, Takuro Fukuda (Ghost and Saber writer) is working as team so secondary writer is to be expected, not him running away.
Thus he still credited as head writer but most of the episodes, especially the finale, are credited to Keiichi Hasegawa (secondary writer of W, Fourze, Drive and Ghost).

Judging from Buster and Slash exist as mentor, how Avalon played and reveal that Kamijo is previous Saber, Crimson Dragon debut and last four episodes of Saber compare to its Ghost counterpart (where he is writing for most of it and a lot of people found Ghost underwhelming) my guess Fukuda is writer that more into modern Ultraman-kind of interactions (Trigger is good example. LOL); so if he wanted to keep his promise that Saber will be better than Ghost, like it or not, he will be limited to providing rough draft relying on Hasegawa experience as both Riku Sanjo's KR and Tiga-era Ultraman secondary writer to coordinate and expand it.

Old 2021-08-30, 23:47   Link #3555
Sakuya_Hime
Disboard Citizen

Detailed recap/spoilers for the Vulcan and Valkyrie movie: https://akkinews.net/archives/235423 It's long, but here's a rough outline:

Spoiler:

according to other site
Old 2021-08-31, 03:50   Link #3556
iko_uwais

Probably gonna a sequel novel as usual. Really hope it doesn't get postponed indefinitely like Build's.
Old 2021-09-04, 13:08   Link #3557
justavisitor

@Tactics

Thanks for the detailed response!! Well, whatever works for Fukuda and Toei then, I guess XD
Old 2021-09-04, 23:50   Link #3558
kiak666

Just watched Raw for Revice Episode 1:

- Revice's official first battle has some pretty cool moments, showcasing Revi's brute strength as well as Vice's wild fighting style. My personal favorite scene is Revi kicking off a grunt's head while destroying the wall at the same time, as well as Vice performing a Spinning Piledriver on one of the grunts.

- Thankfully no fart jokes from Vice, in fact he's portrayed as a more sinister being in this episode, attempting to assault Ikki's mother before Ikki puts him under control using the Revice Driver.

- Ikki's brother's predicament kind of reminds me of Kagami from Kabuto, what are the chances that he'll be our secondary Rider? Speaking of which, Ikki's sister actually fought off some of the grunts on her own, another future Rider candidate?

Last edited by kiak666; 2021-09-05 at 03:28.
kiak666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-09-05, 03:21   Link #3559
iko_uwais

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiak666 View Post
Just watched Raw for Revice Episode 1:

- Revice's official first battle has some pretty cool moments, showcasing Revi's brute strength as well as Vice's wild fighting style. My personal favorite scene is Revi kicking off a grunt's head while destroying the wall at the same time, as well as Vice performing a Spinning Piledriver on one of the grunts.

- Thankfully no fart jokes from Vice, in fact he's portrayed as a more sinister being in this episode, attempting to assault Ikki's mother before Ikki puts him under control using the Revice Driver.

- Ikki's brother's predicament kind of reminds me of Kagami from Kabuto, what are the chances that he'll be our secondary Rider? Speaking of which, Ikkis' sister actually fought off some of the grunts on her own, another future Rider candidate?

The actor for Daiji (Ikki's brother) has already confirmed in the pre-release special that the character will become a Rider.
Old 2021-09-05, 05:31   Link #3560
kiak666

And here's Revice's theme song:

kiak666 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
henshin, kamen rider, tokusatsu