AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Myself; Yourself

Notices

Old 2007-10-10, 17:46   Link #261
Omfgbbqwtf

hm.. Great to see Nanaka showing signs of forgiving Sana for whatever he did in the past. Hoshino-san has instantly become my favorite character, even though I doubt she will be anything more than a helpful friend to Sana.
Omfgbbqwtf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-10, 18:03   Link #262
changeup

No.. I think Hoshino will vie with Nanako for Sana... although guess the heroine will never lose.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omfgbbqwtf View Post
hm.. Great to see Nanaka showing signs of forgiving Sana for whatever he did in the past. Hoshino-san has instantly become my favorite character, even though I doubt she will be anything more than a helpful friend to Sana.
changeup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-10, 18:15   Link #263
taelrak

My god that voice...I wasn't aware I could get so annoyed by a voice until this anime
taelrak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-10, 18:34   Link #264
Midonin
Last Engage

Alright, episode 2. Nanaka's got a soft side to her still, we can all tell that, but right now Aoi and Shuri lead the cast in terms of favorites for me. I can even overlook (overlisten?) Aoi's voice because the way she does things is just so....cute. I admit, I smiled when she said she enjoyed being a librarian and her little apron thing. Shuri's just fun to watch. Sorta wish she had done her jump there.

Good episode overall.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-10, 18:41   Link #265
taelrak

See, it would've been really cool if he'd actually caught the octopus

Incidentally, how many of you actually would even *try* to catch something with your chopsticks out of reflex unless you already know you *can* catch it?
Old 2007-10-10, 19:38   Link #266
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Well, this episode was alot more pleasant, if abit simple, then I thought .

Obviously there's more to the story than the twins are letting on. The way they made eye contact and their body language indicates that they're hiding something else, and that it's more than just Sana forgetting...

The last few minutes were the highlights for me though, what better way to soften her heart than through a musical piece
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-10, 19:39   Link #267
Pell14

Spoiler for :
Pell14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-10, 19:48   Link #268
changeup

I saw someone caught a fly with his chopsticks...

Quote:
Originally Posted by taelrak View Post
See, it would've been really cool if he'd actually caught the octopus

Incidentally, how many of you actually would even *try* to catch something with your chopsticks out of reflex unless you already know you *can* catch it?
changeup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-10, 19:56   Link #269
~ Lawliet ~

I watched the first episode today. It is made of much win.
~ Lawliet ~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-10, 20:22   Link #270
MonkeyDude

There are actually 3 ladies in the ep (poor Aoi-chan!!!)

I want to see how Shuri? plays into the equation...

I wasn't surprised at Aoi's voice, actually found it very cute when I first heard it. Although it does wear on every now and then *is grateful for increased bass*
MonkeyDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-10, 20:29   Link #271
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyDude View Post
There are actually 3 ladies in the ep (poor Aoi-chan!!!)
Notice that Aoi isn't in the ED ?

Quote:
I want to see how Shuri? plays into the equation...
Chances are, both twins would be the ones to break whatever news there is.

That and comedy Though since he's labelled as a main and not a side... Perhaps he'll get a girl as well?

Quote:
I wasn't surprised at Aoi's voice, actually found it very cute when I first heard it. Although it does wear on every now and then *is grateful for increased bass*
I'm probably immune to stuff like that now I 'get' what people were disliking, but I don't feel their 'pain'...

...Suckers

P.S - The opening and ending songs are rather catchy
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-10, 20:31   Link #272
grey_moon
Yummy, sweet and unyuu!!!

Aoi is defiantly the one for me atm, she sounds even more cute when she isn't hyper. She is sooooooooooooooooooooooo moe.

Spoiler for thoughts on epi2:
Old 2007-10-10, 20:36   Link #273
mpt37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Relaxing watch, just like the first episode, though this time it set's a few things up for the series, a few secrets that'll be explained in future episodes. These being:

- Why Sana came back.
- Why Nanaka has changed so much (i knew it wasn't just because of Sana forgetting her).
Hopefully it's a good reason why her personality's changed. The Wakatsuki twins were definitely hiding something when Sana brought up Nanaka. Something must have happened to her just as Sana was leaving, which is why Shuu was chasing after Sana's train.
mpt37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-10, 20:39   Link #274
grey_moon
Yummy, sweet and unyuu!!!

I'm hoping for a good reason too. I think that this series has got a good chance to be really exciting. I've just watched it again and I've changed my opinion of Nanaka from too much hard work to down right scary.
Old 2007-10-10, 20:42   Link #275
DanielSong39

As far as I can tell, Sana is getting the shaft for something he didn't do.

It's not a matter of being dense; Sana would literally have to be a psychic in order to figure out what what is upsetting Nanaka. The twins actually aren't being very good friends here by failing to tell Sana about the situation and implicitly placing the blame on him.

Sometimes I feel Sana should just make a new set of friends...
DanielSong39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-10, 20:46   Link #276
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

All I can say is, 3 osana-najimi characters = 30% chance of losing to the power of three = 2.7% chance of all of them losing = 97.3% chance one of them will win. XD

I don't really care if its Nanaka, Aoi, or Shuri, lol. So far they're pretty much even.

But to be honest, I'm rooting for Nanaka first. Mainly because I hope she'll be a one of the girls in which the original term of tsundere was made for; ie. someone who is truly tsun, but as time goes by she becomes truly dere without ever being tsun anymore. Judging by the second episode, it does seem like Nanaka really is a 'true' tsundere since it looks like she's steadily progressing towards dere, which is interesting for me since I never really saw a 'true' tsundere.

On top of that, Nanaka's unusual hatred towards Sana is a mystery; I'm pretty sure there's something Sana did or did not do that make Nanaka hate him with a passion till now. Not remembering her was just the straw that broke the camel's back, and thus the hard ass slap. Now as to what the cause is, I want to know because it would most probably a childhood memory. And having osana najimi as THE moe element for me... XD

Judging by the ED though, Aoi looks like she'll get the short end of the stick, lol. ^^;

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-10, 20:47   Link #277
taelrak

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielSong39 View Post
As far as I can tell, Sana is getting the shaft for something he didn't do.

It's not a matter of being dense; Sana would literally have to be a psychic in order to figure out what what is upsetting Nanaka. The twins actually aren't being very good friends here by failing to tell Sana about the situation and implicitly placing the blame on him.

Sometimes I feel Sana should just make a new set of friends...
Agreed!

Seriously, what kind of friend manages to fight his way through a lunch mob, knowing that the transfer student who's not used to this is still outside waiting, and only buys bread for himself and not the friend?

Spoiler for then there's the other end:
Old 2007-10-10, 20:56   Link #278
Tatiana Razajev
Karen

Send a message via AIM to Tatiana Razajev
Quote:
Originally Posted by grey_moon View Post
I'm hoping for a good reason too. I think that this series has got a good chance to be really exciting. I've just watched it again and I've changed my opinion of Nanaka from too much hard work to down right scary.
I have this feeling that Nanaka is only going to get worse before she gets better. How long before she starts getting better being dependent on the over all length of the series. Even if the chances are slim right now I'm hoping Sana gets into a relationship with another girl. Sure it would upset Nanaka, but something tells me that by the time she realizes that calming down may be a good idea it will be too late. Then again with lead female power it's never too late. Even if several years have passed, the guy's married to another girl, and has children. The lead will still have her chance.

All I can say right now is that Nanaka is getting on my nerves. So I'm hoping for a good reason as well. Also I'm hoping they don't spend too much time dragging it out. I'd hate to have a case where she spends the vast majority of the series in well ***** mode as it were. So the sooner they wrap up that plot point and move things in a different direction the better for the show.
Old 2007-10-10, 21:02   Link #279
Shana

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatiana Razajev View Post
I have this feeling that Nanaka is only going to get worse before she gets better. How long before she starts getting better being dependent on the over all length of the series. Even if the chances are slim right now I'm hoping Sana gets into a relationship with another girl. Sure it would upset Nanaka, but something tells me that by the time she realizes that calming down may be a good idea it will be too late. Then again with lead female power it's never too late. Even if several years have passed, the guy's married to another girl, and has children. The lead will still have her chance.

All I can say right now is that Nanaka is getting on my nerves. So I'm hoping for a good reason as well. Also I'm hoping they don't spend too much time dragging it out. I'd hate to have a case where she spends the vast majority of the series in well ***** mode as it were. So the sooner they wrap up that plot point and move things in a different direction the better for the show.
I hope the same, becouse that's a thing that passes in all harems (At least in Shuffle!. I can't count School Days XD) the male protagonist finishes the series with the "most active girl" (Mitsuki, Asa..) and is only a friend of the Yandere girl.

Or if this is going to be Love Hina 2...
Old 2007-10-10, 21:02   Link #280
MonkeyDude

I'm rooting for Asami? just because I've never seen an anime in which the girl who doesn't have any past ties with the guy to actually get the guy? or something like that...
MonkeyDude is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bishoujo, comedy, dogakobo, drama, romance, school life, yeti