Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-02-16, 01:11   Link #2481
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A. View Post
Someone related Bokurano to horror, with everyone dying in different ways every episode.

Maybe Ideon with all the head popping, body dismembering and disintegration with bad graphics could be quite horrifying as well. The crowning achievement of Tomino.
I'd consider the first "mindfuck" and the second "Tomino" rather than "horror".
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-16, 02:42   Link #2482
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
This show was horridly bad does that count?
Old 2009-02-16, 04:22   Link #2483
Shouta
Infinite-Zero/Translator

This thread being kept afloat is a reminder that I never should've worked on Dragonaut in the first place. Thanks guys, you're gonna make me guilty every time I come here!
Shouta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-16, 05:38   Link #2484
Dragon TY

It's not Shouta it's the show. We glad that you help translate it but we had high hopes for this show and then the next thing we know we get a load of crap and cry over the wasted time of seeing this show or ever even hearing of it. Kazuki is the prime example of how stupid the show was. I mean come on a guy wearing panties on his head for such a tiny scar. then the fact he tryed to kill jin for I don't know how many eps for no reason. Then he gives so crap about wanted to protect him all along well he did a sure good job of protecting him all right.
Dragon TY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-16, 06:18   Link #2485
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

@Shouta:

We probably enjoyed the comments and subs more than the show itself. Of course we also got some laughs at how much fail the show was.

Kazuki didn't wear a bra over his eyes, it was a g-string the last time we called it.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-16, 06:47   Link #2486
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shouta View Post
This thread being kept afloat is a reminder that I never should've worked on Dragonaut in the first place. Thanks guys, you're gonna make me guilty every time I come here!
Don't get me wrong, i don't truly hate the show as much as i say (i'm not a guy who really hates anything), though that doesn't change the fact that the show is god dman awful, and we need to talk crap about it. The time we all spend watching and talking about this show was plenty fun, and it's thanks to you subbing it that we all had that experience.

I wouldn't change any of it. It was great fun.
Old 2009-02-16, 07:04   Link #2487
Samanosuke
Genma Killer

I'm very intrigued as to why would anyone license this ?
as some suggested , the only reason that make sense is that the license was free or something.
Ill have to check the Dubs when that comes out , to have a cup of good laugh.
I hope they tell us how much DVD's they sold after some point ( so I can have an xtra cup of good laugh )
maybe if they made a boxset , I'd buy it just so I can say I own one of ( if not ) the worst anime of all times.
eh , who knows in 30 years , it's probably going to be a very prized piece of collection , providing that before dying Gonzo doesn't pull another one of these.
Samanosuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-16, 08:05   Link #2488
Nosauz

Quote:
The thing is E7 actually had a great story and it lived through its main thing all the way through and Dragonauts was totally out of place.

The whole thing about E7 is Renton meeting Eureka and how their love will be the thing that will save the world. Their relationship developed very well, they matured and they affected and convinced everyone especially Holland. They then proceed to show that why their love is needed to save the world.

One will only dismiss the ending as crap because they've been sleeping through the rest of the show.

E7 is actually one of the easiest to understand for a story with a deep plot and meaning.
look I didn't say E7 was bad, but the ending felt pretty cheesy even if it was "sticking to its guns" plus considering explosions were pink, it just dredged up terrible memories of seed. E7 is good, the characters are amazing and the world is fairly well developed, but man the ending was so cheesy you would have thought it was nacho queso supreme. I mean really a heart shaped laser etches the moon. Don't get me wrong, I would rewatch e7 any day, but man sometimes I just don't get why endings have to be such a let down.

E7>>>>>>Dnauts, hands down, of the stuff mentioned in the couple of posts, I have to say probably G00 is the only thing on par, though CG fanboys will disagree thats just my opinion
Nosauz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-16, 08:09   Link #2489
Jeffry2009
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Jeffry2009 Send a message via Yahoo to Jeffry2009
Damn, is licensed already? Oh well....
Jeffry2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-16, 14:18   Link #2490
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
No, you and your buddies get Maximum Karma for *finishing* the effort even after it became clear what material you were working with. That is pure professionalism
Old 2009-02-16, 14:32   Link #2491
ZippyDSM
Incoherance is my friend!

Quote:
Oh please I enjoyed it for the mediocre lulzfest it was, I couldn't do that with MF because it tried to raise quality but kept falling back into the lulgutter.
ZippyDSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-16, 19:47   Link #2492
Zippicus

Quote:
Dude I'm glad you subbed this. This was the most unintentionally hilarious show I've seen in a long time. It almost falls into the "so bad it's good" category.
Zippicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-16, 20:10   Link #2493
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosauz View Post
look I didn't say E7 was bad, but the ending felt pretty cheesy even if it was "sticking to its guns" plus considering explosions were pink, it just dredged up terrible memories of seed. E7 is good, the characters are amazing and the world is fairly well developed, but man the ending was so cheesy you would have thought it was nacho queso supreme. I mean really a heart shaped laser etches the moon. Don't get me wrong, I would rewatch e7 any day, but man sometimes I just don't get why endings have to be such a let down.
Its good that you do like E7, but it seems that you do not have enough background knowledge of mecha.

E7 had a good number of homages to the Gundam series, no not SEED, but the old school Gundam series. Parts of the plot and characters homage to the original Gundam, the 3 kids, the friendly couple who's actually your enemy etc.

Some of these are in SEED as well, because SEED was basically ripping off its own origins. People like to link everything back to SEED, because that's like the most popular mecha show that everyone has watched. It launched right in the middle of fansubbing and blogging boom, skyrocketing its popularity. But most people who watch it are people who are new to mecha, they don't know that SEED is actually a failure of a homage in its attempts.

Pink explosions, it existed way back in the original Gundam as well, but they had an explanation for it. They said nuclear explosions are pink in space, all MS in the orginal Gundam had nuclear reactors.

You may not like the ending of Eureka 7, but most of us loved it. It was a beautiful display of pure love. The love of 2 people from races totally alien to each other convinced the world that they can coexist and proved it by eternally marking it on the Moon.

E7 actually had one of the best endings of mecha, most mecha choose to end it with death and destruction.

Old 2009-02-16, 20:24   Link #2494
ZippyDSM
Incoherance is my friend!

Quote:
Its good that you do like E7, but it seems that you do not have enough background knowledge of mecha.

E7 had a good number of homages to the Gundam series, no not SEED, but the old school Gundam series. Parts of the plot and characters homage to the original Gundam, the 3 kids, the friendly couple who's actually your enemy etc.

Some of these are in SEED as well, because SEED was basically ripping off its own origins. People like to link everything back to SEED, because that's like the most popular mecha show that everyone has watched. It launched right in the middle of fansubbing and blogging boom, skyrocketing its popularity. But most people who watch it are people who are new to mecha, they don't know that SEED is actually a failure of a homage in its attempts.

Pink explosions, it existed way back in the original Gundam as well, but they had an explanation for it. They said nuclear explosions are pink in space, all MS in the orginal Gundam had nuclear reactors.

You may not like the ending of Eureka 7, but most of us loved it. It was a beautiful display of pure love. The love of 2 people from races totally alien to each other convinced the world that they can coexist and proved it by eternally marking it on the Moon.

E7 actually had one of the best endings of mecha, most mecha choose to end it with death and destruction.
Well Macross ends with a 3 way most of the time.

LOL

Out of MF/M7/Gseed/Gwing/SDF-1 I think E7 has the better ending.
ZippyDSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-16, 21:01   Link #2495
Nosauz

C.A. man don't get me wrong I liked the ending to E7 it was just a little too cheesy for me not to comment on it. The only part that I thought was over the top was the moon be etched with the blast into a heartshape, I mean thats just the corniest part ever, but I mean it doesn't change my impressions of the show.

there was this mecha show, where they had the prism like crystals, and the main dude could use the crystal to turn into a mecha of somesort, and in the end turns out its his family/lover and father that he has to fight that also have the same power, albiet there crystals are different colors and his is green. This was back on scifi when they use to run their saturday morning anime line up, just never could find it again. paper time, see yall in a couple of hours
Nosauz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-16, 21:03   Link #2496
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosauz View Post
C.A. man don't get me wrong I liked the ending to E7 it was just a little too cheesy for me not to comment on it. The only part that I thought was over the top was the moon be etched with the blast into a heartshape, I mean thats just the corniest part ever, but I mean it doesn't change my impressions of the show.

there was this mecha show, where they had the prism like crystals, and the main dude could use the crystal to turn into a mecha of somesort, and in the end turns out its his family/lover and father that he has to fight that also have the same power, albiet there crystals are different colors and his is green. This was back on scifi when they use to run their saturday morning anime line up, just never could find it again. paper time, see yall in a couple of hours
Yea I said its good that you do like the show lol

And that's TEK-SETTO!! TEKKAMAN BLADE!!!

Yea, Tekkaman Blade is the name of the anime.

Old 2009-02-16, 22:09   Link #2497
cyoti

Whoah there is actually a company dumb enough to license Boobonauts. I hope for all that is holy that they just randomly picked it out of a pile instead of having actually watched it and thought that people would actually pay money to watch this travesty.
cyoti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-16, 22:14   Link #2498
cyoti

Quote:
Yea I said its good that you do like the show lol

And that's TEK-SETTO!! TEKKAMAN BLADE!!!
It's TEKKAMAN BURADO!!
cyoti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-16, 22:22   Link #2499
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyoti View Post
It's TEKKAMAN BURADO!!
No, its actually TEKKAMAN BUREIDO!!

lol this thread is really becoming a chatting and bashing thread.

Old 2009-02-16, 22:22   Link #2500
Gundampilotspaz

Send a message via AIM to Gundampilotspaz
You know a show is bad when the fansubber wishes for his own death at the end of every episode.
Gundampilotspaz is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, ecchi, romance, sci-fi