AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-08-17, 00:50   Link #161
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Used Can View Post
Wait, wait, wait. So, Erika used the Red Truth, but Battler overlooked it, because he has his own? What?
Erika red was so merciless that the "only" possibility here was Natsuhi as the culprit. However, Battler just nuked her with the gold truth: this corpse is Ushiromiya Kinzo's corpse!! (Erika reasoning is about Kinzo still alive, and she claimed there is NO way Battler can prove it is kinzo, no clues in the game can confirm it, so it goes against Knox commandement 6 and 8).
The gamemaster stance gave him privilege to claim a truth that cannot be denied in any way, not even Knox commandements.
That said, Battler didn't abuse it and again pulled some insane stunts (claiming he IS the culprit), again claiming that until it is disclosed, both their truths can be applied, while Erika was the split image of Battler back in Ep1-2.
Quote:
I see; so, both Piece-Beato and Meta-Beato died.
Anyway, what would Battler revive her again? To kill her himself? Seriously, everyone in the Meta-world is very, very fickle.
Piece Beato definitely died, and since she isn't exactly the same as Meta Beato, her death is meaningless, she will most likely re-appear.
Meta Beato disappeared on her own, so Battler will most likely try to revive her and end her legend. I'm not even sure if Battler mean it with "kill", especially considering his behavior.
Old 2009-08-17, 02:32   Link #162
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Mang Kamar and Klash are fast. Well it's not like I have as much time to finish the story even though I've dropped all other none-essential activities until I finish Ep5.

And yes, Krauss is an idiot. He essentially tried to offset his risks by risking even more, potentially dragging down the entire family wealth with him. He's banking the entire family's status on gold that still may or may not exist, going so much as hiding his own father's death to buy some time.
Old 2009-08-17, 02:37   Link #163
Rias

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
Let's review the issue: ...
And I believe my list is oversimplifying the headlines.

Couple additional comments for the characters:

1> Even tho Krauss worked harder in ep4, had his Muska moment, in the end he's just as Kinzo said in ep1: he wastes so much money and just can't save any. He's probably the least of all problems; just make sure he doesn't make any bussiness decisions.

2>There are still salvation for Natsuhi, I think. That is, if her effort is recognized by the Ushiromiya head, and she loses her delusions. Ep5 is probably a good changing point for her; she needs to stop daydreaming about the unchangable past and move forward. I think she can still have a happy end if the next sucessor (whoever it is, Krauss is probably too late to be saved) acknowledges her effot.

4+9>The centerstage of ep3~4, Eva and Rosa. I think both of them needs some sort of huge changing moment in their life, just like how Natsuhi has in Ep5.

6+11>While I found it weird that it was never shown that Shannon showed any reaction towards George's death in ep5, perhaps they are still a good couple.

20>Meta-Battler is off on a good track. Having gained all that experience from ep1~5, and finally working towards finding out the real truth, instead of a conditional truth, he should be able to lead the game in a good direction.

22>LD probably made the biggest gamble ever in Umineko, to set up a game to Berun's liking, letting her win, and risking her to really leave that kakera. If dragging it out as long as possible is really her aim, then next game she would probably help Berun out.
Old 2009-08-17, 03:14   Link #164
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Some more from me. Again, any corrections would be appreciated.

Spoiler for Ep5 Content.:

Last edited by Klashikari; 2009-08-18 at 13:39.
Old 2009-08-17, 04:58   Link #165
Kamar
Author Wannabe

Spoiler for Alright, lets start today's summaries!:

Last edited by Klashikari; 2009-08-18 at 13:41.
Old 2009-08-17, 05:04   Link #166
rtic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
That said, Battler didn't abuse it and again pulled some insane stunts (claiming he IS the culprit), again claiming that until it is disclosed, both their truths can be applied, while Erika was the split image of Battler back in Ep1-2.
How would Battler claiming that he is the culprit work with Knox commandment 1? Weren't we exposed to game-piece Battler's thoughts by having him be the narrator in EP5?

Or maybe I'm confused about how that rule works.
Old 2009-08-17, 05:04   Link #167
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Good lord the metaworld conversations between Bern and Battler are horrendously garbled.
Old 2009-08-17, 05:06   Link #168
metronome
Mad Loli

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamar View Post
Spoiler for Alright, lets start today's summaries!:
I do know some detectives act like this in some detective stories. Basically, they care only solving the mystery/puzzles. What happened afterwards they dont care. I am not really a big fan of this kind of detective~~
Old 2009-08-17, 05:18   Link #169
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by metronome View Post
I do know some detectives act like this in some detective stories. Basically, they care only solving the mystery/puzzles. What happened afterwards they dont care. I am not really a big fan of this kind of detective~~
She kind of reminds me of Poirot, a little.

...And now I just imagined Poirot as a loli. GOD DAMN IT.
Old 2009-08-17, 08:47   Link #170
Battler Ushiromiya
Rokkenjima's Skeptic

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruor View Post
Spoiler for uhhh:
That would make sense, ahh so many twists and whatnot! Can't wait to see that. Hey thanks alot for the info 8D
Old 2009-08-17, 09:47   Link #171
Kamar
Author Wannabe

Spoiler for Meta world~:
Old 2009-08-17, 09:55   Link #172
SirWence
~Connoisseur~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Battler Ushiromiya View Post
That would make sense, ahh so many twists and whatnot! Can't wait to see that. Hey thanks alot for the info 8D
though we were warned the way that quote was that you spoke, of was slightly misleading - at least in certain terms.
Old 2009-08-17, 10:14   Link #173
Risa chan
Watcher

X=0.
Y=0.
X+Y>0

Allright , I'll be surprised to understand how it is possible.
Old 2009-08-17, 10:19   Link #174
Kamar
Author Wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Risa chan View Post
X=0.
Y=0.
X+Y>0

Allright , I'll be surprised to understand how it is possible.
It might have been unclear since I suck, but that was answered; the meaning is in the balance and the playing of the game itself, not in either X(The murders) or Y(the epitaph mystery).
Old 2009-08-17, 10:32   Link #175
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Guys [****otto] refers to Rudolph and [ri**] Maria right? The rest are anglicizations of phonetics to match their names.
Old 2009-08-17, 10:36   Link #176
Risa chan
Watcher

So it means. There's no Murders, and no mysteries.Or it's That's not the Murders nor the Mysteries wich gives more than 0 for ?? Beatrice is the balance?
MAths: X=0 Y=0 X+Y=0

For Umineko it is. There must be another Z Somewhere and this Z would be what Beatrice is looking for in this game (love? Eternal Sleep?) , or does it mean that Bern can create a miracle? Bleh i'm lost @_@
Old 2009-08-17, 10:36   Link #177
Marion
The Great Dine

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
Guys [****otto] refers to Rudolph and [ri**] Maria right? The rest are anglicizations of phonetics to match their names.
otto means husband I believe, so I guess if Kyrie is talking then yeah. Not sure what you mean though.
Old 2009-08-17, 10:39   Link #178
Kamar
Author Wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
Yeah, that's it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Risa chan View Post
So it means. There's no Murders, and no mysteries.Or it's That's not the Murders nor the Mysteries wich gives more than 0 for ?? Beatrice is the balance?
MAths: X=0 Y=0 X+Y=0

For Umineko it is. There must be another Z Somewhere and this Z would be what Beatrice is looking for in this game (love? Eternal Sleep?) , or does it mean that Bern can create a miracle? Bleh i'm lost @_@
If the number represents "What meaning it has for Beatrice", then X(the murder)=0. She has no reason to kill them according to the inscription. Also, Y(the epitaph that stops the murders)=0. She gets nothing whether they solve the epitaph and the murders or not. HOWEVER, their is some hidden value for her, in arranging the opposition of Murders and Mystery, and aiming it all at Battler. X+Y>0
Old 2009-08-17, 10:52   Link #179
Renall
BUY MY BOOK!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marion View Post
otto means husband I believe, so I guess if Kyrie is talking then yeah. Not sure what you mean though.
The character for husband appears in Rudolf's name, so that's most likely him.
Quote:
If the number represents "What meaning it has for Beatrice", then X(the murder)=0. She has no reason to kill them according to the inscription. Also, Y(the epitaph that stops the murders)=0. She gets nothing whether they solve the epitaph and the murders or not. HOWEVER, their is some hidden value for her, in arranging the opposition of Murders and Mystery, and aiming it all at Battler. X+Y>0
As I understand it from what you said, the conflict Battler is having is that he's trying to figure out a meaning behind Beatrice's actions but can't, yet he also realizes her actions cannot be meaningless because it makes no sense (and is essentially countered in red). Of course, the fact that he can't figure out the meaning doesn't mean there isn't one.
Old 2009-08-17, 10:54   Link #180
Risa chan
Watcher

Quote:
Yeah, that's it.

I see I understand, So there's another value wich will change the value of X and Y if we place them together.