AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross > Past Macross Series

Notices

View Poll Results: Macross Frontier - Episode 16 Rating
Perfect 10 34 33.33%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 28 27.45%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 28 27.45%
7 out of 10 : Good 8 7.84%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 2.94%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.98%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 102. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-07-24, 21:13   Link #81
Sleepy100
*snore**snore* zzz.......

Didn't really like this version of Aimo even though it was awesome for two reasons. First, Aimo doesn't feel like a war song and shouldn't be one. The second reason is that the new Aimo version should be sung with extreme hate and power (Dark side if you will). It felt like Ranka didn't sing it like that (with obvious reasons).

Some people said that Ozma won't die in the next episode. I still think otherwise and Grace would have a hand in it. After all, she needs to create hate for whatever reason.
Old 2008-07-24, 21:20   Link #82
zalem

I don't know, it certainly looked to me like Alto was starting something. He was screaming at Brera and then came charging at him. I certainly wouldn't believe a person was just wanting to have a nice civil chat if someone came at me like that. Even if he didn't actually intend to go through with anything (I have my doubts about that), it certainly looked like he wanted to hit Brera. So I can't blame Brera for reacting like that.

Aimo was a gift from the Vajra to humanity so it's kind of messed up that it's being used in such a violent way. I can't believe Bobby would even think of uttering Basara's name under a situation like this.
Old 2008-07-24, 21:37   Link #83
zalem

Ack, don't suppose you could you put that behind a cut by any chance? I believe the RAWs are already up at various Bittorrent sites if you search.
Old 2008-07-24, 21:41   Link #84
Sleepy100

Quote:
Originally Posted by zalem View Post
I don't know, it certainly looked to me like Alto was starting something. He was screaming at Brera and then came charging at him. I certainly wouldn't believe a person was just wanting to have a nice civil chat if someone came at me like that. Even if he didn't actually intend to go through with anything (I have my doubts about that), it certainly looked like he wanted to hit Brera. So I can't blame Brera for reacting like that.

Aimo was a gift from the Vajra to humanity so it's kind of messed up that it's being used in such a violent way. I can't believe Bobby would even think of uttering Basara's name under a situation like this.
When someone is talking to you, don't ignore them. It's rude and usually will piss them off. Brera did exactly that.

In their minds, Vajra provoked them for no reason. They also have no idea on how Aimo came about. As for uttering Basara's name, well, truth can be hidden when someone is idolized.
Old 2008-07-24, 21:43   Link #85
zalem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleepy100 View Post
When someone is talking to you, don't ignore them. It's rude and usually will piss them off. Brera did exactly that.
Sure it's annoying. But it doesn't mean you're justified in rushing and attacking that person (and it looked like he was going to do just that). It was a stupid move on Alto's part.

Oh and he was rude to Brera first anyway. Calling him an eyesore and telling him to get out. Hell, Brera was classy for ignoring his temper tantrum.

Quote:
In their minds, Vajra provoked them for no reason. They also have no idea on how Aimo came about. As for uttering Basara's name, well, truth can be hidden when someone is idolized.
They don't know, but that doesn't make it any less messed up. Though Ranka does know....maybe that's why she seems sort of conflicted.
Old 2008-07-24, 21:51   Link #86
Sleepy100

Quote:
Originally Posted by zalem View Post
Sure it's annoying. But it doesn't mean you're justified in rushing and attacking that person (and it looked like he was going to do just that). It was a stupid move on Alto's part.

Oh and he was rude to Brera first anyway. Calling him an eyesore and telling him to get out. Hell, Brera was classy for ignoring his temper tantrum.
Sorry, but my Japanese suck big time. I didn't hear that part. Though Brera shouldn't have ignored the teacher.

Edit: Forget it, the teacher was talking to Ranka. I'll agree that Alto was too hot headed for his own good (again).

Last edited by Sleepy100; 2008-07-24 at 22:20.
Old 2008-07-24, 22:17   Link #87
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
Quote:
Sorry, but my Japanese suck big time. I didn't hear that part. Though Brera shouldn't have ignored the teacher.
There's a time for violence, and that was obviously not the time. How you guys are arguing this is beyond me.
Old 2008-07-24, 22:21   Link #88
Sleepy100

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinstrife View Post
There's a time for violence, and that was obviously not the time. How you guys are arguing this is beyond me.
It was a mistake on my part for not understanding Japanese. I thought Alto said something else.

Edit: I just listened to the new Aimo version for the fifth time, and felt really depressed. The first few images that came to mind was the aftermath of Pearl Harbor, people's gaunt faces showing their hopelessness, and radicals in ski masks demanding death and destruction.

Spoiler for Vajra Crazy:

Last edited by Sleepy100; 2008-07-24 at 22:35.
Old 2008-07-25, 00:09   Link #89
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Ok, so I finally got around watching the RAW. I must say, this is actually one of my more liked episodes. No, I understand the average feeling around here, most of you are content with giving it an average, but I really like it.

First things first, I love the ending theme. Its stylishly done, and the song is great. Not to mention it also seems to be foreshadowing something.

I think the bridge scene where Sheryl was thinking of Alto as he went out to battle made a small, but ultimately clear disparity from Ranka's concern for her brother. I thought I just had to hand it to Sheryl this time. At the same time, it would seem Berera is trying to play get-to-know-you with Ranka more, but he is somewhat holding back due to unknown reasons.

Oh, Ranka's pet now has a name. Fun.

Oh, although Raramia is shown to have been killed in Episode 14, there are clearly three Pixies in front of the Macross. Perhaps she survived?

- Tak (Oh yeah, poor former-manager )

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2008-07-25, 00:13   Link #90
Tsuchiro

yes... poor elmo
Old 2008-07-25, 00:16   Link #91
ReddyRedWolf

I believe the tech that Grace is using to monitor Ranka is what Dr. Chiba developed.

Wonder how the old doctor would feel about this.

When he sent Sound Force on a Minmay Attack on the Meltrans he was hoping for peaceful resolution.

Grace and Leon is twisting the work of others.

Mr. Bilrer, the train otaku, seems to have good dream of connecting the galaxy with Fold Quartz.

To unite the children of the Protoculture in mutual understanding.
Old 2008-07-25, 00:20   Link #92
stray
Classic Yandere

for some reason aimo deathmix reminds me of some 80's jan hammer music...
Old 2008-07-25, 00:55   Link #93
FLCL
I've been Kawarolled

Send a message via AIM to FLCL
pretty good episode 8/10

LOVED the sheryl+michael+alto scene LOL

they srsly could use some new battle animation

i caught the same old panning left vajra grunt getting hit my itano missile massacre twice, sniper michel, missle spam klein, alto gunfire, and the red vajra getting sniped.

cmon guys worst comes to worse just take like a SRW and do a replay XD
Old 2008-07-25, 01:01   Link #94
ani_d

I didn't like the new ED theme that much. =/ Maybe if I listen to it over and over I'll like it, but I still love Diamond Crevasse tons better. I thought the tempo would be a little slow because of the description--'a painful, heartfelt song that'll put you to tears'--but it was misleading.

Anyway, onto a happier comment....lol@Sheryl the bridge bunny

Spoiler for 16:

Ranka's iSlug just can't stop doing wonders. She has the coolest cellphone, I swear.
Old 2008-07-25, 01:01   Link #95
finalnight
Supreme Commander

Spoiler for This is the win:
Old 2008-07-25, 01:13   Link #96
ani_d

Quote:
Originally Posted by finalnight View Post
Spoiler for This is the win:
lol! I wonder how Alto managed to sneak her in. Did he wrap that blanket around her? I need subs. He probably carried her over his shoulder like a sack of potatoes.
Old 2008-07-25, 01:28   Link #97
mike_s_6

Notice Sheryl's leg birthmark/scar is again prominent in the animation. I initially thought that it was a stocking design. Does it get to play its role in the plot now?
Old 2008-07-25, 01:39   Link #98
glyph

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike_s_6 View Post
Notice Sheryl's leg birthmark/scar is again prominent in the animation. I initially thought that it was a stocking design. Does it get to play its role in the plot now?

I guess that sinks the clone theory, if it is a birthmark. She's someone's long lost relative?
Old 2008-07-25, 01:43   Link #99
ani_d

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike_s_6 View Post
That was a birthmark? I thought it was just a design or something. Did official interviews say that?
Old 2008-07-25, 01:57   Link #100
mike_s_6

It was in the first episode too... Hmm, come to think of it, she was wearing the same outfit when we get to see the "mark", so it could be the stockings.

Okay found it, it's indeed a set of hearts.
Closed Thread