Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2012-09-22, 00:53   Link #1381
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
Somehow, the juxtaposition of these two comments struck me as funny. Manipulative = bad; possibly yandere = OK!

Seriously, though... this is obviously just my own view, but it's hard for me to see Ayase as anything more than a crush for Kyousuke in this story. I'm sure that her confession was a major confidence booster for him and totally flattering, but somehow I just have a hard time imagining him really choosing her as his sort of "true love". That being said, I can see Ayase as the sort of person who might try to inject herself in the middle of things if Kyousuke were to pick one of the other likely candidates. I mean, just because Kyousuke confesses to someone doesn't mean the other girls are just going to accept his decision without questioning it.

From an overall story perspective, as Kyousuke reconciles with Kirino, I actually see Ruri as a structurally sound choice. He went out with her before, and she broke up with him partly as a way to help bring the siblings closer. Him confessing to her this time would be a nice way of bringing symmetry to the plot, and she has already basically accepted the situation with Kirino as well.

And then there's Kirino. If you want my honest prediction, I think Kirino is going to be the one he "confesses" to (first), but that doesn't necessarily mean they'll end up as a romantic couple. I think the has to confess that he is indeed in love with her (and her with him) and then they can decide how to move on from there. This is a way of finally bringing the whole stand-off to a close and resolving all the many hints left so far. But like I said... I'm not so convinced yet about where they go from there. He could "confess" to her, but also confess that he's in love with someone else (like Ruri for example).

The one thing we know for sure is that this three-volume arc, and the story on the whole, depend on resolving the issue between Kirino and Kyousuke, so whatever happens Kirino will be at the center of the plot in Volume 12, no matter the final romantic outcome. This is why I think it makes sense to have a more direct connection to that plot, whether or not Kyousuke would try to pursue any romantic path with her.

In the end, only time will tell...
Personally, I think that's the "most likely ending" that follows all the story line we've gotten so far. Of course, there's no telling, given the author's propensity for gotchas and misleads.

My *guess* is a resolution of the siblings and a return to Ruri. We'll see.
Old 2012-09-22, 01:04   Link #1382
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

A more crack ending would be for Ayase to actually get attracted to Ruri.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-22, 01:33   Link #1383
GVN.Chaos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
A more crack ending would be for Ayase to actually get attracted to Ruri.
I can't imagine that Ayase agree to share with anyone (include Kirino) . So, I agree with relentlessflame's theory about the come back of Kuroneko.
GVN.Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-22, 04:54   Link #1384
jasonhan416

SO does anyone know what happened to Ayase and Kyousuke?
Like.. after Ayase confessed to him, what happened?

And I hope last volume has over 800 pages xD
jasonhan416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-22, 06:50   Link #1385
Saito123

Sorry if this has been already asked, but I don't have time to search through the thread, but is there already a summary for volume 11, or maybe a half-done summary somewhere on the web?
Saito123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-22, 06:58   Link #1386
Sumeragi
Banned

Read the last five pages.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-23, 16:01   Link #1387
Izman

Hey guys,

Some nice soul at http://oreimotranslations.weebly.com/index.html is translating volumes 6+
Izman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-24, 08:50   Link #1388
Syokool
Lab. member 009
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izman View Post
Hey guys,

Some nice soul at http://oreimotranslations.weebly.com/index.html is translating volumes 6+
Heh, from Korean to English... that's nice, but how did the translator with those Japanese terms and the speech of each character?

Saori with that samurai-like speech, and Kuroneko being all chūnibyō, etc.
Syokool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-24, 20:59   Link #1389
hypermuse

Decided to track down where some people were visiting my website from, and I found myself on this website, heh.

Yes, I'm the translator, and after looking at that question, I couldn't help but register. I've also gotten some information on vol 11 here, so I thought why not.

Anyway, yes some language is kind of vague, and I find difficulty translating some of them (It's when I wish I had the actual Japanese copies, because I can read some minimal Japanese.) But I just try my best to do what I can, and I frequently refer to NanoDesu's translations as a guide.

I think Saori ends her sentences with a "-gozaru" or something if I remember correctly, but of course that would look dumb in English, so I decided not to use it. I didn't think it would be that important either, so.

Last edited by hypermuse; 2012-09-24 at 21:39.
hypermuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-24, 22:13   Link #1390
Seitsuki
Onee!

Due to the writing format of LNs I think the varied speech styles of characters is to help the reader know who is talking as much as anything. Even without though enough can be inferred that it shouldn't matter.
Old 2012-09-24, 22:18   Link #1391
hypermuse

True say.

Came back to ask a question: What did Kyousuke do in the past that made Kirino think he's a "super-brother"? What was he like before he became "normal"?

I might've missed some information from the past few pages, but I would appreciate it if someone can help me out again. Thanks!
Old 2012-09-24, 22:22   Link #1392
Sumeragi
Banned

그냥 간단하게 말하면, 엄친아였음. 반장, 공부짱, 운동짱, 등등.

Basically, he was "the son of mother's friend". Class president, great student, good at athletics, etc.
Old 2012-09-24, 22:24   Link #1393
hypermuse

Thanks a lot!

But whoa, are Korean translations out for volume 11 already? If so, I would appreciate it if you could tell me where you got it from.
Old 2012-09-24, 22:25   Link #1394
Sumeragi
Banned

Nah, I just read parts of the Japanese original that my brothers sent me.
Old 2012-09-24, 22:26   Link #1395
Seitsuki
Onee!

Actually, I think that's just Sumeragi and her mad linguistic skills at work.
Old 2012-09-24, 22:27   Link #1396
hypermuse

Oh haha, well darn.
Old 2012-09-25, 07:14   Link #1397
Syokool
Lab. member 009
*Scanlator

Heh, I was asking because some Japanese terms as 'Onii-san' and 'Sensei' can be portrayed to some Korean terms without further ado.
I'd have to take a look to those translations to be sure how good they are compared to the original.

I think the first thing to do a translation is to enjoy that, and to have patience. Don't rush things or feel obligated to do them, just enjoy doing it
Old 2012-09-25, 15:05   Link #1398
iCK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
그냥 간단하게 말하면, 엄친아였음. 반장, 공부짱, 운동짱, 등등.

Basically, he was "the son of mother's friend". Class president, great student, good at athletics, etc.
So he is not blood-related at all, if that is true, then I KNEW IT!

Kirino x Kyousaka FTW.
iCK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-25, 15:09   Link #1399
Sumeragi
Banned

Er..... "the son of mother's friend" is a Korean slang meaning "the absolutely perfect boy, who is used to compare with you to show your deficiencies".
Old 2012-09-25, 15:23   Link #1400
Syokool
Lab. member 009
*Scanlator

Shhhhh, I was enjoying that misunderstanding

Tags
comedy, harem, romance, shounen, siblings