AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2012-06-23, 12:12   Link #61
Sides

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaihan View Post
Just finish tutorial and before I go ahead, wondering what ship has the most (or looks like the most) english speaking community. Is it channel 2 which at current time is somewhat overcrowded or have they moved onto another ship?
People from PSO-world and neogaf hang around on ship 2, look in sections 20/21/22/23 aso. But some are still on ship 10. I am on ship 10, character is called Huq.
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-23, 12:32   Link #62
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

is it in english beta yet? I don't wonna go around setting up a japanese account.
Old 2012-06-23, 16:56   Link #63
Sides

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
is it in english beta yet? I don't wonna go around setting up a japanese account.
At the moment there is no news on a non-japanese version. However, considering that SEGA have big plans with this game, with IOS, Android and PSvita versions in planing/works, an english version is highly likely. We should get some news about an international version around the end of the year, when IOS/Android versions will be out.
Think Sony announced the PSvita version during a conference way back, so I guess that version is highly likely to get an international release.
Old 2012-06-25, 01:59   Link #64
Sister Princess
Easy Operation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sides View Post
At the moment there is no news on a non-japanese version. However, considering that SEGA have big plans with this game, with IOS, Android and PSvita versions in planing/works, an english version is highly likely. We should get some news about an international version around the end of the year, when IOS/Android versions will be out.
Think Sony announced the PSvita version during a conference way back, so I guess that version is highly likely to get an international release.
>>>Valkyrie Chronicles 2 and after

Yeah, try again.

Current account is SisterPrincess. More likely appear in Ship 7.
Old 2012-07-02, 05:57   Link #65
Sides

Beta ends 3rd July and on the 4th July the normal service will start. What this means is, that you can purchase credit for in-game service, like additional characters slots, mags, aso.
New areas are to follow soon, and the level cap will probably be lifted, as some areas required Level 31 to be accessible.
Old 2012-07-04, 06:45   Link #66
Sides

Game is now officially released.
Open beta data are carried over. What is new are, mag level goes beyond 99, new level cap, new missions and new area, Tundra. But the Tundra level can only be unlocked by playing the Desert Drilling mission on hard, with a S Rank. Other issue is you can only access it, after you reach Level 30, which is a pain since I got it cleared, but am still 28 just about to reach 29.
Old 2012-07-09, 01:55   Link #67
Seihai
スマイリウム

SEGA announces NA/EU release for PSO2: http://www.pso-world.com/news/02455-...ease-pso2-2013

See the PSOW forum for discussion about it. Though there isn't anything too interesting, so it's just the usual opinions from typical PSOW members.

I am quite honestly joyed, though I've always seen it coming, it was simply unavoidable. According to rumors it should be released around Spring 2013. I very much assume it will stay in F2P and I hope they don't change that.

I also feel like commenting on some stuff at this point.
JP or NA/EU?:
If possible, both. It's free to play so why not play both? If I first check out the JP server (which isn't even a given because of the announcement) and happen to reach a point where it's too difficuilt to just drop, I might still start on EU servers but still keep on playing JP servers. Basically, it's the same as creating an alternative character, with the difference that you can integrate into two communities at once. Of course there are plenty of ingame disadvantages if you compare it to a proper main-alt situation but that doesn't really stop you from trying, right?

Global or not?:
I don't know but there are still a bunch of people that think that globalization is a given, and I don't see why. The release for PSO2 in NA/EU compared to the release of JP PSO2 is about a year away, they will most likely manage it like PSU in that manner.

JP, to play or not to play:
I guess most already started playing it anyway, but I haven't due to technical reasons. I'm totally insufficient in Japanese but it is really nothing to be scared of. The player community has practically translated most of the important stuff like menus and I'm sure if you got in contact with a helpful member, you would get through the barrier without any major problems. I'm not one to speak yet but at least I see that the majority of non-Japanese enjoy the game as much as any great game.

"No point in NA/EU":
is what many think because of the traumatic experience from PSU. Customer support and game support was so slim it almost felt like the game was degenerating (rollbacks and errors *cough*). The hardest hit to players' stomaches was that, despite the poor service, they would still promise us. Promise us with updates... which never came. Optimism is great but there's just so much limit to patience and SoA just crossed the line and in a way betrayed everyone's expectations, or even worse, took away everyone's expectations.

Anyway, the point is there is no reason not to give NA/EU another chance. Things can change for the better. Besides, it's free to play so why not give it a try. I'm admittedly a bit too optimistic about this compared to those many folks in PSOW but while I do think that JP will be really enjoyable, I don't want to be in moonspeak land forever and 'waiting for translations' will also get on the nerves imo.
Old 2012-07-09, 09:19   Link #68
Sides

The homepage went live sometime this morning.
www.pso2.com

Just got my ranger up to Level 40.
One thing about this game, even if you are on a higher level than the bosses, they can still cause you some trouble, if you do not pay attention.

"No point in NA/EU":
I can give you one good reason, latency. Always a good reason to try a local version of a game, provided the servers are actually local, or closer to home.
Another reason is the payment method that would be easier for people to use. I wish sega would just sell AC cards, with nice art, in shops, that would solve the issue for some people like me, who do not want to use a false address, with their credit card.
Old 2012-07-09, 09:29   Link #69
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Florida? Comcast?

Guess im SOL....
Old 2012-07-09, 09:42   Link #70
Benoit
Bishoujo Game Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanish
"No point in NA/EU":
is what many think because of the traumatic experience from PSU. Customer support and game support was so slim it almost felt like the game was degenerating (rollbacks and errors *cough*). The hardest hit to players' stomaches was that, despite the poor service, they would still promise us. Promise us with updates... which never came.
Don't forget Phantasy Star Online. The Japanese got preferential treatment, getting quests that we never got to see. They also got better protection against cheaters.

Nothing will change as long as Sega of Japan maintains their xenophobic attitude.
Old 2012-07-10, 09:48   Link #71
Nikkan

I used to play Phantasy Star Universe online when they released it some years ago. I got so many friends through that game and I just loved my lvl 55 fortehunter.
So I tried the character creation for PSO2 yesterday and really liked all the new features and got pumped up for the game. Now I'm just wondering how difficult the Japanese is?
It's a shame the English release is so far away.
Nikkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-10, 13:29   Link #72
Xefi
癸亥 (guǐhài)
*Graphic Designer

i hope SoA doesnt fail us this time again like PSU NA/EU PC ver. all my
2000+ hrs. in that game gone in a heart beat. of course, the slow updates
didnt help much either.

i still have little faith (better than nothing) in SoA still. *still hoping for Valkyria 3 & Psp2 infinity*
Old 2012-07-10, 15:14   Link #73
Lumir

Unless the servers are globally connected, im not going to give the US ver a chance. I mean SoA has let people down so many times... Ill just stick with the jp servers, fastest new content, maby possible to swap out some of the US ver files to get english in game.
Old 2012-07-10, 15:14   Link #74
Sides

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yumii-chan View Post
I used to play Phantasy Star Universe online when they released it some years ago. I got so many friends through that game and I just loved my lvl 55 fortehunter.
So I tried the character creation for PSO2 yesterday and really liked all the new features and got pumped up for the game. Now I'm just wondering how difficult the Japanese is?
It's a shame the English release is so far away.
Just give it ago. My japanese is bad and I managed to play through a lot of import throughout the years. Most of the story bits are voiced acted, and if you have watched a lot of anime you should be able to catch the drift. And if you a fan of Hanazawa Kana you definitely want to play this game, think she voiced a couple of characters in the game, besides the news announcer and the cast lisa.
To get through the game, just have your browser open in the background with the fanblog mentioned here a couple of times, that will help you get through the missions/quests objectives.
Game has bad screen tearing in fullscreen mode, so just use the virtual fullscreen mode, it also makes it faster to alt-tab to your browser.
Old 2012-07-11, 15:22   Link #75
Benoit
Bishoujo Game Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xefi View Post
i hope SoA doesnt fail us this time again like PSU NA/EU PC ver.
Don't forget Phantasy Star Online.
Quote:
*still hoping for Valkyria 3 & Psp2 infinity*
Me too!

Last edited by Benoit; 2012-07-12 at 17:58.
Benoit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-11, 21:56   Link #76
Wandering_Youth
lost in wonder forever...

They got quite a all star cast of well known seiyus voicing a lot of the NPCs and PC characters. Ueda Kana, Kanahana Sawa, Saitou Chiwa, Rina Satou and Yuka Iguchi are some.
Old 2012-07-14, 05:13   Link #77
Seihai
スマイリウム

More PSO2 info on the game and the regional version from Sakai!
Translated interview from 4Gamer.
http://bumped.org/psublog/phantasy-s...-foreign-fans/

Yay, finally got my hands on PSO2! I got straight to Level 7 on my first day where I was still getting used to everything. Actually there are still many things I am probably not used to or don't know. For example I have a hard time with Client orders because I have no idea what I have to do in order to fulfill them and advance in the story. Gotta dig up some guides later. And then I seem to upset the local people because sometimes I would randomly run into other players on my mission and they would scream at me or write things with bad manner (can't read but I can tell). I am just doing my own thing but that's probably the reason why people would get angry at me, however I intend to solo for a while so it can't be helped I guess.

edit:
Bikini Costumes are gonna come with the next update in the Scratch thing, hell yeah.
Old 2012-07-14, 06:43   Link #78
Sides

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanish View Post
And then I seem to upset the local people because sometimes I would randomly run into other players on my mission and they would scream at me or write things with bad manner (can't read but I can tell). I am just doing my own thing but that's probably the reason why people would get angry at me, however I intend to solo for a while so it can't be helped I guess.
Are you sure it isn't just those AI, and players, spamming auto-word? Basically you can setup macro that response to an action. Most people have no time to type anyway when they are out in the fields, chats usually happen in the camps and on the ship/lobby.
But, yes those auto-word can be annoying, especially if you have to deal with code duels.
Old 2012-07-16, 15:10   Link #79
Seihai
スマイリウム

That's true, I might be a bit paranoid about this. Anyway, I got to Level 12 and I got used to most stuff. Tomorrow Ship 1-5 and 10 will be reopened for character creation so I will remake my char on Ship 2 and role from point 0 with my starter experience.
Old 2012-07-16, 16:06   Link #80
Kaihan
Barrel!
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanish View Post
That's true, I might be a bit paranoid about this. Anyway, I got to Level 12 and I got used to most stuff. Tomorrow Ship 1-5 and 10 will be reopened for character creation so I will remake my char on Ship 2 and role from point 0 with my starter experience.
I see so thats what happened, wasn't too happy with my lvl 3 char so I tried to remake to show someone about character creation... Couldn't create. Will go give it another try when I have time.

Current Sig
Sinanju(Poco)

Last Sig
Mimi

Kuon
Kaihan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
pc-windows