AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2013-03-16, 00:11   Link #6081
monster

Thanks. Do you know if Shiho still pilots the DEEP Arms in Destiny?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
The lack of a SEED explosion--along with its lack of any use in the story whatsoever--is why there's a debate on whether or not she has it.

Is there a Word of God confirmation on it?
I don't believe there ever was, but seeing as how she did it again in Destiny (though a bit grayish, I think), and no one ever had eyes like those other than people with SEED, I think it's safe to assume that she has it too.

As for why they never showed the animation, I believe the only other time that happened for someone other than Lacus was when Kira went into SEED after Flay's death. So maybe that could be a clue, or not, who knows.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-16, 00:31   Link #6082
aeriolewinters
Photomancy Experiments

Quote:
The lack of a SEED explosion--along with its lack of any use in the story whatsoever--is why there's a debate on whether or not she has it.

Is there a Word of God confirmation on it?
Well, if you look at Game material, she has a seed explosion, somewhat the same as Kira and Athrun's
Old 2013-03-16, 00:35   Link #6083
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Meh, game evidence is rather flimsy. Even if she does have the SEED, it serves absolutely no purpose in the story other than to make her more "special" than she already is. A waste.
Old 2013-03-16, 00:54   Link #6084
monster

Quote:
Even if she does have the SEED, it serves absolutely no purpose in the story other than to make her more "special" than she already is. A waste.
I can see how it would seem to be a waste if we just think of SEED as a power up in battle. But from what little Erica and Malchio did say about SEED , it could/should be more than that. Unfortunately, they never go into further details on the concept. Otherwise, a non-combatant like Lacus having the SEED would've been perfect if they had more to tell about SEED.
Old 2013-03-16, 00:57   Link #6085
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Exactly. I'd be fine with her having it if it was used for some purpose (and I can think of several ways where the SEED could've been used that doesn't involve combat with giant robots), but it's only seen in a questionable use for a friggin' monologue. Blah.
Old 2013-03-16, 01:03   Link #6086
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
Thanks. Do you know if Shiho still pilots the DEEP Arms in Destiny?
She still use her DEEP Arms during the battle of South America's independence which happened before the testing of the new ZGMF Gundams (Impulse, Chaos, Gaia, and Abyss).
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
But later on, she's shown to already switch to Blaze Zaku Warrior during the fall of Junius 7 (like what I already posted in previous pages). After that, I can't remember whether she finally uses a Zaku Phantom just like Dearka or not, but chances are high that she get the same treatment. Shiho and Dearka are on the same Team Jule after all.
Old 2013-03-16, 01:08   Link #6087
monster

Okay, good, to know.

By the way, is it just me or do many Astray characters simply don't wear helmets?
Old 2013-03-16, 01:11   Link #6088
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Given the medium, the lack of helmets, while illogical, is probably deliberate, to help differentiate between characters when in mobile suits. The dynamic angles and lack of color and voices would make showing off the character's face troublesome with the thick helmets in the way.
Old 2013-03-16, 01:13   Link #6089
monster

So you're saying it's more a matter of medium and that they're really wearing helmets?
Old 2013-03-16, 01:14   Link #6090
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Oh they're still not wearing helmets, which is why I called it illogical, but yes, it's most likely because of the medium.
Old 2013-03-16, 01:18   Link #6091
monster

Oh, okay. To be honest, I thought you/someone were going to go for the "cool factor" reason, which is not unheard of (like Archangel's bridge crew not wearing space suits in space battles). But, hey, this reasoning works even better.
Old 2013-03-16, 01:35   Link #6092
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Oh, okay. To be honest, I thought you/someone were going to go for the "cool factor" reason, which is not unheard of (like Archangel's bridge crew not wearing space suits in space battles). But, hey, this reasoning works even better.
To be fair, some of the hot-blooded Astray characters (Lowe, Jess, Barry, etc) really don't like to wear helmets (or pilot suits in general) unless they really really have to. It's even more apparent when they're fighting on Earth. That's just their characters .
Old 2013-03-16, 01:52   Link #6093
monster

Yep, that also falls into the "cool factor" reasoning.
Old 2013-03-16, 02:39   Link #6094
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Yep, that also falls into the "cool factor" reasoning.
It's cool indeed .
Old 2013-03-16, 06:34   Link #6095
kaito-kid
As I make you stop, think

Quote:
I know.
It's intentional.. It's supposed to create a debate, that's why the animation is left out.
But she obviously has it. Even though it's kind of pointless. (so far)

Quote:
Given the medium, the lack of helmets, while illogical, is probably deliberate, to help differentiate between characters when in mobile suits. The dynamic angles and lack of color and voices would make showing off the character's face troublesome with the thick helmets in the way.
There are workarounds.
For example, you can draw the character with a helmet and then make the front side of the helmet transparent, leaving only thin lines and some simple shading blocking the face.. But I guess it's unnecessary extra work.

Last edited by kaito-kid; 2013-03-16 at 07:04.
kaito-kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-16, 16:29   Link #6096
Aquaman OS

Nah thats not it. Lowe and folk just don't like wearing pilot suits. Because they just wear their regular clothes.

Gai on the other hand does wear a suit with a helmet even, so its not like they can't do that in the manga.
Aquaman OS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-16, 16:36   Link #6097
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed

All I remember from the HD "remaster" of Seed was you saw less of it, since they cropped it to make it widescreen.
Also, cake.
creb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-16, 16:51   Link #6098
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by creb View Post
All I remember from the HD "remaster" of Seed was you saw less of it, since they cropped it to make it widescreen.
I think it’s more like 70:30. 70% of the Remaster episodes are cropped from the old footage, while 30% are new HD scenes specifically made for the Blu-Ray which expand the scope from 4:3 ratio into 16:9 ratio.
Old 2013-03-16, 18:39   Link #6099
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed

As much as I generally dislike Destiny, it has a few classic Gundam moments, so I'm sure I'll be watching the HD remaster for it as well.

Athrun ranks just a little bit below Char as far as I'm concerned.
Also, cake.
creb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-16, 21:59   Link #6100
Washu-Chan