AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-04-10, 01:57   Link #261
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Eh? I thought the anime was pretty clear that Kirie could see Yuuko very well. Hell, most of her comments were directed at Yuuko but the other girl kept taking them the wrong way.

And really, all the talk of 'not following the source material' chapter for chapter on this particular one is starting to suck the enjoyment out of discussing it...
Old 2012-04-10, 02:08   Link #262
Elestia

Sanka Rea x Yuuko fanart?! Do want!
Old 2012-04-10, 02:09   Link #263
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest35 View Post
And really, all the talk of 'not following the source material' chapter for chapter on this particular one is starting to suck the enjoyment out of discussing it...
Sometimes I long for the days when no one really translated manga, novels, and games.
Old 2012-04-10, 02:16   Link #264
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solace View Post
Sometimes I long for the days when no one really translated manga, novels, and games.
Why
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-10, 02:25   Link #265
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
Why
Because people were forced to judge the show on its own merits, not how it stacked up to the source material. Too many series these days are flooded with people that constantly compare the anime and the source material as if there is a checklist that needs completing. It was nice back when discussion about the anime was.....about the anime.

The bonus was that everyone was on the same playing field, since the majority of us were clueless about the story and what would happen in it. It made speculation and discussion much more interesting.
Old 2012-04-10, 02:27   Link #266
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

-snipped for above-

What he said...

I'll admit, I was like that when R+V anime was out but...that's slightly different from this case...

It should be fun to look for the different nuances that the anime gives to the story outlined in the manga - not so much a point of contention. And really, TOxA has such high production values, beautiful characters and art, what's not to like?
Old 2012-04-10, 02:38   Link #267
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Okashira View Post
Let's give this a try, shall we?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexxus View Post
How about both? I'm pretty sure you won't regret watching this one
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
I see what you did there, although Yuuko has quite a nice bust, you know.
Well, now we're talking. I'm a man of simple needs and wants XD. I think my feeling of wanting to staying behind will pay off.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-10, 02:52   Link #268
Mizuno
Undefined

Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
Rosario + Vampire anime? It has an anime?

The terribleness of that adaption is in a league of its own so let's not go there. They had more than enough material to give a proper conclusion to season 1 and they chose to mess it up for lame service.

The only thing I'm worried for TOA is that there's no apparent stopping point for the anime. There's only one dilemma surrounding the whole show and it involves Yuuko's backstory and we have yet to reach a proper conclusion in the manga. So either they will give it an original ending or two, they will reduce it to some slice of life and not explore the issue itself, or worse do it half-assedly and end the series abruptly and open-ended. I'm not really concerned about how it starts, I'm more anxious about how it will finish.
Old 2012-04-10, 02:55   Link #269
Dr. Casey

whoa, Detective-san showed his angry side in this thread

I'll watch the episode tomorrow probably, I'm sure I'll enjoy the series if it comes from the same team that did Cube x Cursed x Curious.
Dr. Casey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-10, 03:09   Link #270
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solace View Post
Because people were forced to judge the show on its own merits, not how it stacked up to the source material. Too many series these days are flooded with people that constantly compare the anime and the source material as if there is a checklist that needs completing. It was nice back when discussion about the anime was.....about the anime.

The bonus was that everyone was on the same playing field, since the majority of us were clueless about the story and what would happen in it. It made speculation and discussion much more interesting.
Well you know that anime adaptions are targeted to the vast majority that is at least partially familiar with the source material, and all decisions are made with that fact in mind. Being able for foreigners to be at the same page with the domestic viewers is not a disadvantage, rather another option. Now if you want to treat adaptions as originals that's your choice, but you know very well that they are not.

Now about the consequences you mentioned, I can partially agree. Indeed discussion is bound to be centered around the source versus the adaption, but at least I do not watch anime in order to discuss them
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-10, 04:33   Link #271
bumbayker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizuno View Post
The only thing I'm worried for TOA is that there's no apparent stopping point for the anime. There's only one dilemma surrounding the whole show and it involves Yuuko's backstory and we have yet to reach a proper conclusion in the manga. So either they will give it an original ending or two, they will reduce it to some slice of life and not explore the issue itself, or worse do it half-assedly and end the series abruptly and open-ended. I'm not really concerned about how it starts, I'm more anxious about how it will finish.
I'm also a bit worried as well to how this anime will end. I don't think an anime original ending would do this series justice. I would rather have an open ending to give room for a possible second season. The manga just has a lot content that it all can't be crammed in 12 episodes. Not to mention it's still ongoing. The second and the third options you mentioned shouldn't even be options at all unless Silver Links intends to trash the entire story (which won't be to their best interest). I think they can still utilize 12 episodes but take selected mysteries from the manga then end it where Yuuko and her memories/past collide (I can't be specific so not to spoil anything). Basing from the manga I might have an idea where they might end it yet with the possibility to continue with another season in the future.

Last edited by bumbayker; 2012-04-10 at 04:45.
bumbayker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-10, 05:24   Link #272
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest35 View Post
Eh? I thought the anime was pretty clear that Kirie could see Yuuko very well. Hell, most of her comments were directed at Yuuko but the other girl kept taking them the wrong way.

That's why I say nowhere does it say in the ep that she could not see her

It was more directed to the guy I quoted
Old 2012-04-10, 07:10   Link #273
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyouka View Post
Spoiler for :
what I meant is that Kirie doesn't appear in chapter 1 of manga.

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-10, 07:34   Link #274
JokerD

The artwork is quite different from the manga, so I do have a bit of trouble warping my mind around it. Episode 1 seems to lack the 'tension' if it can be called that, from the manga, but let's see how this pans out later on.
JokerD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-10, 09:19   Link #275
Random Wanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyouka View Post
Spoiler for :
Quote:
what I meant is that Kirie doesn't appear in chapter 1 of manga.
^ This. The point is that the reason Yuuko's speech in the elevator doesn't make as much sense in the anime is because, in the manga, Kirie had not yet been introduced. When Yuuko kicked Teichi into the elevator in the manga he was the only one who could truly see her, so far as she knew.

Ironically, while the reasoning used in her speech is pretty much what she feels in the manga, in that specific manga chapter she didn't actually make that speech. That just makes it all the more out of place since they added Kirie in that early. Of course, as you could probably tell, Kirie and Yuuko don't exactly get along, so it's not like Yuuko is going to go to her for her social interaction.
Random Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-10, 09:45   Link #276
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random Wanderer View Post
^ This. The point is that the reason Yuuko's speech in the elevator doesn't make as much sense in the anime is because, in the manga, Kirie had not yet been introduced. When Yuuko kicked Teichi into the elevator in the manga he was the only one who could truly see her, so far as she knew.

Ironically, while the reasoning used in her speech is pretty much what she feels in the manga, in that specific manga chapter she didn't actually make that speech. That just makes it all the more out of place since they added Kirie in that early. Of course, as you could probably tell, Kirie and Yuuko don't exactly get along, so it's not like Yuuko is going to go to her for her social interaction.
Again, while it was certainly better executed in the manga, how is the episode out of sync?

You said yourself clearly that Kirie doesn't like Yuuko, without reading the manga, you can tell that clearly from the ep itself.

So how does anything she said in the elevator not make sense? About the loneliness and no one else being able to really see her besides Teiichi?

And again, the ep never explicitly said outright that Kirie could not see Yuuko.
Old 2012-04-10, 10:40   Link #277
Random Wanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
So how does anything she said in the elevator not make sense? About the loneliness and no one else being able to really see her besides Teiichi?
It's a technical point. Technically, Teiichi isn't the only one who can see her, because Kirie can. People who aren't really familiar with the characters can get confused, because it seems clear that Kirie can see Yuuko (which those of us who have read the manga know she indeed can), but then Yuuko says no one except Teiichi can. People can find that confusing.
Random Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-10, 11:05   Link #278
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Well it is technical but even for those who don't know that, given the topic she speaks about, it should clear that what she says has to have some context to it...
Old 2012-04-10, 11:14   Link #279
BBOvenGuy
Math Ninja
*Author

Quote:
People who aren't really familiar with the characters can get confused, because it seems clear that Kirie can see Yuuko, ... but then Yuuko says no one except Teiichi can. People can find that confusing.
* raises hand * Yup... that's what threw me.
BBOvenGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-10, 12:40   Link #280
Salt
the cynic

Quote:
It's a technical point. Technically, Teiichi isn't the only one who can see her, because Kirie can. People who aren't really familiar with the characters can get confused, because it seems clear that Kirie can see Yuuko (which those of us who have read the manga know she indeed can), but then Yuuko says no one except Teiichi can. People can find that confusing.
So which is it?

So Kirie can't see/interact with her but is aware of her? Only way to close the plot gap that I see.

Tags
horror, romance, shounen, slice-of-unlife, supernatural