AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2011-12-19, 06:44   Link #921
Atarashii

アンパン 2.2
07ゴースト 1.0
コナン 9.2
ベム 13.2
スフィア 1.2
ベルゼ 2.6
ハンター 5.0
金ロー アリエッティ 16.5

チャギントン 3.6
チャギントンサンデ 0.9
トリコ 7.6
ワンピ 9.5
チビマル 11.2
サザエ 19.1

ドラエモン 9.9
クレシン 9.3
デジモン 1.3
バトスピ 1.4
ゴーカイ 3.6
フォーゼ 6.1
スイープリ 5.6
Atarashii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-24, 06:02   Link #922
j0x
Giga Drill Breaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atarashii View Post
I'd say it's doing average (but bad among kids which apparently was said to be the target audience of this new anime...). Based on the ratings, and only the ratings, if I were at the head of the channel, I would either take it off the air after the 45 episodes planned at the beginning or change the time slot (since there seems to be an older audience afterall). However, other things can be taken in consideration : DVD sales, merchandising, to what extent does it increase the manga's sales etc...
i see but its not doing pretty badly then, thanks for the info
j0x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-30, 11:19   Link #923
Atarashii

アンパン 5.4
07ゴースト 0.9
コナン 9.1
ベム 14.5
ベルゼ 2.3
ハンター 3.5

ノイタミナ 3.0
チャギントン 3.6
チャギントンサンデ 2.2
トリコ 6.9
ワンピ 10.5
チビマル 12.2
サザエ 17.3

ドラエモン 休
クレシン 休
デジモン 1.1
バトスピ 1.8
ゴーカイ 4.5
フォーゼ 5.3
スイープリ 3.7
Old 2012-01-02, 05:09   Link #924
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

I think that the HxH anime was better in terms of ratings than Rurouni Kenshin.
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-02, 15:59   Link #925
Undertaker

But Rurouni Kenshin really isn't that huge of a hit in Japan and East Asia if you compare the cream of crop series in JUMP for past 20 years say DB, OP, Slam Dunk, Naruto, or even Death Note and HxH as least on manga front is more popular anyway, so that not doesn't really say anything.

Personally I think manga's erratic nature (schedule) really hurts the series's ability to gain new audience, which would explain it's not-so-stellar kid viewership. After all how many 8-12 years old has ability to stay a fan when the weekly manga would take extended breaks every 4-5 months with erratic art. (during the bug arc)
Old 2012-01-04, 14:40   Link #926
Katapan
俺様祭り

- The past week barely had any anime that aired, as usual at this time of the year, but it should be interesting to read Video Research's top10 once it comes out. AGE will most likely be in there for once...

- Yesterday's Chihayafuru scored a 1.9%, while Guilty Crown's recap episode 11.5 "reassortment" scored a 1.1% at 2:40 am.

- For anyone who might be curious, the major year-ending music show Kouhaku Uta Gassen scored a 35.2% in its first half (7:15 - 8:55 pm), and 41.6% in its second part (9:00 - 11:45 pm) on December 31, which made for the highest-rated show of 2011. It featured Mizuki Nana for the third year in a row, and she performed her song Pop Master. Detailed ratings for each performer below, in chronological order of appearance:

Spoiler:
Old 2012-01-04, 23:19   Link #927
Undertaker

Damn, SMAP is still freakin' draw in Kouhaku heh? This is what, their 2nd time in last three years being the Final Act?

Seriously, as much as I like their indivisual acting career, I'm still pretty amazed that as a group they can still keep that boy band image going even after 20 years.

I wonder what's causes the rating discrepancy between 1st and 2nd half ?
Old 2012-01-10, 09:02   Link #928
Atarashii

アンパン 休
07ゴースト 1.5
コナン 8.2
ベルゼ 2.2
ハンター 3.3

チャギントン 4.3
チャギントンサンデ 休
トリコ 6.8
ワンピ 8.2
チビマル 休
サザエsp 15.9

ドラエモン 10.9
クレシン 10.8
エリアノキシ 0.7
デジモン 0.8
バトスピ 0.8
ゴーカイ 4.1
フォーゼ 5.9
スイープリ 4.9
Old 2012-01-16, 08:06   Link #929
Katapan
俺様祭り

Area no Kishi ep. 1: 0.7%
Area no Kishi ep. 2: 0.5%

Um, yeah... not that no one saw this coming. Having the series air at 6 on Sunday mornings was clearly a terrible idea. Considering that the show will clearly not be a disc seller... they can either move the series to a better timeslot (probably too late by now, unless they'd start from episode 1 again which isn't a great plan either), or just cancel it in a not too distant future, though the producers may decide to wait for a full year. Of course there are other factors to take into account, such as people recording the show and possible increase in manga sales -- but with ratings that abysmal, I doubt the show is actually getting any attention at all.

I'm still busy with exams and whatnot but I'll post a recap for a good part of the past season as soon as possible, now that a lot of data was released at once.
Old 2012-01-18, 05:34   Link #930
Grim_Reaper

By the way, how's AGE doing?
I mean overall.
Grim_Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-18, 05:50   Link #931
Katapan
俺様祭り

Gundam AGE ratings in Kantou:

Ep. 01: 3.6%
Ep. 02: 4.4%
Ep. 03: 2.5%
Ep. 04: 4.2%
Ep. 05: 4.8%
Ep. 06: 2.7%
Ep. 07: 2.9%
Ep. 08: 2.8%
Ep. 09: unknown
Ep. 10: unknown
Ep. 11: 2.7%
Ep. 12: 2.0%
Ep. 13: 3.5%

Average ratings of Nichigo shows:

4.47% -- Mobile Suit Gundam 00 Second Season
3.48% -- Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood
3.28% -- Mobile Suit Gundam AGE (up to episode 13, episodes 09/10 unlisted)
2.94% -- Ao no Exorcist
2.67% -- Code Geass - Lelouch of the Rebellion R2
2.38% -- Sengoku Basara 2
2.20% -- Star Driver - Kagayaki no Takuto

It isn't living up to the Gundam name, but it isn't doing terribly by Nichigo standards either. Well, it still hasn't improved one bit in the KIDS demographic, though.
Old 2012-01-18, 06:50   Link #932
solomon

ratings shmatings if youre not One Piece, Sazae san, Conan or a few TV tokyo headliners they JUST DONT MATTER. I mean hell, Bleach and Naruto ratings are pathetically small for franchises of their popularity. It's all about the media mix, especially with everything MBS put out in its headliner slot since i dunno, since the beginning frankly but the fact that "Doroku" had such good ratings was icing on the cake.

No offense guys, I'm a huge media nerd but I really don't see the point in pointiferating on any ratings for late night shows save for maybe Noitamina and an occasional NTV work. They're paid ads for the DVD and goods because production companies pay the networks to show em.
solomon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-18, 07:46   Link #933
Grim_Reaper

Katapan
Thank you!
Grim_Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-18, 07:48   Link #934
Katapan
俺様祭り

@solomon: Huh? Of course ratings matter for Nichigo. Or Doroku, for that matter - how were the good ratings merely "icing on the cake" when they decided to cancel a show solely on the basis of poor ratings?
One could think they're not that much of a big deal anymore since they moved the timeslot for that precise reason, but 5 pm on Sundays (I don't expect you to mistake Nichigo for a late-night slot?) is still something the producers can't afford to have abysmal ratings for. They can handle lower-than-usual ratings because the losses from missed (good) TV ads can be made up for with nice sales from the media mix, sure, but they probably couldn't keep going if the series were to average below, say, 2.0% at this time of the day - hence why there's still a point in following the ratings.

(Besides, there was that whole trick TBS/MBS pulled with Manga Nippon Mukashibanashi to try and get Ao no Exorcist to a good start too - the producers have to be paying close attention to them.)

Even if ratings didn't matter though, they'd still be a way of comparing AGE's popularity to the other Gundams.
Old 2012-01-18, 08:16   Link #935
Kirarakim

I know that post was about Gundam Age but I never realized FMA Brotherhood was 2nd place for that block. Thanks for posting that.
Old 2012-01-21, 14:38   Link #936
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katapan View Post
Area no Kishi ep. 1: 0.7%
Area no Kishi ep. 2: 0.5%

Um, yeah... not that no one saw this coming. Having the series air at 6 on Sunday mornings
Actually, it was shown on Saturday mornings.

Well, late-night animes aired on Fuji TV (besides noitaminA) and TV Asahi generally has poor ratings. The last ones shown were Niju Menso no Musume (for the former) and Kurokami -Black God- (for the latter). After that, their respective timeslots have been canceled.
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-22, 17:32   Link #937
Undertaker

@solomon: Gotta agree with Katapan here. Besides, unless it is in really late night like 2am-5am. The midnight rating 11:00pm-1:30am still matters. In fact, those tend to be some of the more favorite timeslot for marketing people than say 3 or 4 pm. The reason being that thos mid night slot are usually watched by people 20-40, ie prime spending market. Just look at late night mess in NBC a few years ago. And don't under-estimate a 2.0 rating, if you can reach 2% of household, and the viewers are prime spending market, it's hell lot better then sending mail or catalog which traditionally has less than 1% response rate.
Old 2012-01-23, 04:13   Link #938
chikkychappy

any ratings for the past two weeks? i don't say much but i actually follow them weekly...
chikkychappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-23, 07:29   Link #939
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertaker View Post
The midnight rating 11:00pm-1:30am still matters.
I happened to be looking recently at the ratings for The Daily Show and The Colbert Report which run from 11:00-midnight on the US cable channel Comedy Central. These are now the two highest late-night talk shows and usually outperform the network offerings from Leno and Letterman. Nevertheless we're looking at ratings in the 1-1.5 range, and the press release stresses their performance in all the key demographics. One particularly hard-to-reach group (outside of sports) is 18-24 and 18-34 men; both shows deliver substantial and increasing number of male viewers in these age groups.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-23, 14:50   Link #940
Undertaker

Exactly, which was why the whole NBC mess got that much attention as far as marketing wise.

That group is also the prime market for almost any product especially in technology field and in most cases it is a better advertising slot for them than any morning or afternoon slot and even some prime time slot for some male-targeting products.