AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2004-04-02, 20:00   Link #61
JAppi
Banned

Send a message via AIM to JAppi Send a message via MSN to JAppi Send a message via Yahoo to JAppi
FF7799: STOP DOUBLE POSTING!

It's driving me insane.

GJ Boneyjellyfish. I bet you're glad that, that evil BoneJellyFish didn't spoil it for you.
JAppi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-02, 20:04   Link #62
Lexander
www.thefestlanders.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAppi
FF7799: STOP DOUBLE POSTING!

It's driving me insane.
The double post itself doesn't drive me insane, but the fact that a mod already told him not to do it RIGHT in this thread and he still does ... now that ... drives me insane.

Edited for JAppi: insult taken out :P

Last edited by Lexander; 2004-04-02 at 20:28.
Lexander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-02, 20:07   Link #63
JAppi
Banned

Send a message via AIM to JAppi Send a message via MSN to JAppi Send a message via Yahoo to JAppi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexander
The double post itself doesn't drive me insane, but the fact that a mod already told him not to do it RIGHT in this thread and he still does ... now that
I know his double posting is annoying but we should try and refrain from insulting him because of it.

Last edited by JAppi; 2004-04-02 at 20:38.
Old 2004-04-02, 20:33   Link #64
ff7799
Banned

Send a message via AIM to ff7799 Send a message via MSN to ff7799
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexander
The double post itself doesn't drive me insane, but the fact that a mod already told him not to do it RIGHT in this thread and he still does ... now that ... drives me insane.

Edited for JAppi: insult taken out :P
sorry, I keep forgetting. I know its annoying its a bad habit I have and I'am not doing it on purpose. I honestly don't mean to do it.

Edit: please tell me Lexander how does editing out the insults change the fact that I have already seen them. Also after flaming me, how fare is it that I should refrain from doing the same. It really is annoying because you flame me and if I flame you and then xris will sends me a nice little email flaming me for flaming and double posting.
ff7799 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-02, 20:48   Link #65
JAppi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ff7799
Edit: please tell me Lexander how does editing out the insults change the fact that I have already seen them. Also after flaming me, how fare is it that I should refrain from doing the same. It really is annoying because you flame me and if I flame you and then xris will sends me a nice little email flaming me for flaming and double posting.
You're missing a comma. He took back his insult, meaning he doesn't want to insult you at all. You made a spelling error. You should refrain from insulting him first of all because it's against the rules. Second of all because he made the effort to remove it, you should respect that. Do not bring Xris into this arguement. He is an old man, so I doubt he likes closing threads and sending pms.
Old 2004-04-02, 20:55   Link #66
Lexander
www.thefestlanders.com

Just give me a bad rep point and insult me all you want there. You can also flame me in pm, that's would also be fine with me.
Lexander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-02, 21:01   Link #67
ff7799
Banned

Send a message via AIM to ff7799 Send a message via MSN to ff7799
Quote:
You're missing a comma. He took back his insult, meaning he doesn't want to insult you at all. You made a spelling error. You should refrain from insulting him first of all because it's against the rules. Second of all because he made the effort to remove it, you should respect that. Do not bring Xris into this arguement. He is an old man, so I doubt he likes closing threads and sending pms.
I would hate to be standing in your shoes now. Insulting a mod isn't very bright.
ff7799 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-02, 21:02   Link #68
Slade
Coordinated Insanity

Send a message via AIM to Slade
Seeing as how I see this thread will be closed fairly soon... I would just like to say "Flaming is A-Ok". But, if you're going to flame someone, it should be a rule that it has to be witty and funny.

"You're Stupid! Your mother is a whore!"

Very boring insults... you gotta be inventive and say things like...

"I will feast upon the flesh of your first born on the 4th moon of the 4 year the baby is brought into this world!!!"

Not that... I've actually ever said that to anyone... I'm just saying is all
Slade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-03, 00:39   Link #69
JAppi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ff7799
I would hate to be standing in your shoes now. Insulting a mod isn't very bright.
Xris *is* an old man actually. I'm not insulting him at all. If I were to insult him I think I'd use stronger language than that. and in closing I would like to say, "I will feast upon the flesh of your first born on the 4th moon of the 4 year the baby is brought into this world!!!"

^__^

Thank you Slade that is not man-faye. (or are you man-faye, I can never remember that anymore)
Old 2004-04-03, 01:08   Link #70
boneyjellyfish
Evangelist of the Kazoo

Quote:
GJ Boneyjellyfish. I bet you're glad that, that evil BoneJellyFish didn't spoil it for you.
Thanks! I'm surprised that BoneJellyfish, my arch-nemesis, didn't think of the same thing. I'm sure it would be been a lot worse had BoneJellyfish done it, though. S/he/it is one truly sick, twisted individual (or so I hear).

Quote:
Xris *is* an old man actually
Yep! That's why we just call him the grumpy oji-san around these parts!

If you're reading this, xris, please tell me whether or not my proposal to ban any mention of BoneJellyfish is going well in Ye Olde Moderator Forumme.
boneyjellyfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-03, 01:16   Link #71
Baka_Panda316
RoaR

Send a message via AIM to Baka_Panda316
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slade
Seeing as how I see this thread will be closed fairly soon... I would just like to say "Flaming is A-Ok". But, if you're going to flame someone, it should be a rule that it has to be witty and funny.

"You're Stupid! Your mother is a whore!"

Very boring insults... you gotta be inventive and say things like...

"I will feast upon the flesh of your first born on the 4th moon of the 4 year the baby is brought into this world!!!"

Not that... I've actually ever said that to anyone... I'm just saying is all
lol you have a good point slade!
Baka_Panda316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-03, 02:12   Link #72
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyjellyfish
Thanks! I'm surprised that BoneJellyfish, my arch-nemesis, didn't think of the same thing. I'm sure it would be been a lot worse had BoneJellyfish done it, though. S/he/it is one truly sick, twisted individual (or so I hear).

Yep! That's why we just call him the grumpy oji-san around these parts!

If you're reading this, xris, please tell me whether or not my proposal to ban any mention of BoneJellyfish is going well in Ye Olde Moderator Forumme.
Actually, we are thinking of banning anyone who mentions boneyjellyfish, since we like what we're hearing about bonejellyfish. bonejellyfish sounds like a great guy to me. To keep you from accidently getting banned we should rename you as bonejellyfish.

Once we rename you, everyone should be happy. What do you think of this counter proposal?

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.

Last edited by NoSanninWa; 2004-04-03 at 04:43.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-03, 04:38   Link #73
JAppi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa
Actually, we are thinking of banning anyone who mentions boneyjellyfish, since we like what we're hearing about bonejellyfish. bonejellyfish sounds like a great guy to me. To keep you from accidently getting banned we should rename you as bonejellyfish.

Once we rename you, everyone should be happy. What do you think of this counter proposal?

Not BoneJellyFish! I hate him!
Old 2004-04-03, 07:34   Link #74
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyjellyfish
As mentioned by NoSanninWa, the plans for banning BoneJellyfish are well under way. We have all the procedures signed off, the three required signatures (of a Supreme Court Judge, a Senior Official from the U.N., and a small furry puppet from a popular T.V. sitcom) have all been obtained in triplicate and stored in the appropriate places (MoD Boscombe Down Underground Storage, FBI Secure Records Department, and Tokyo Landfill Project Unit b1n). We only now are waiting for the confirmation back from Tracy Island to lock the ban in place.

Unfortunately, there seemed to be a typo on the initial request form in as much they had named BoneyJellyfish as the miscreant. Oh well, one (jellyfish) is as good as another, I always say.

Expect this thread to be locked soon BTW, so you better get in your April Fool comments in now.
xris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-03, 16:14   Link #75
JAppi
Banned

Hmm, I've spent all this time trying to think of a witty reply. Sadly I couldn't. I caught your thunderbird reference so I figured I'd try and match that some how with a Captain Scarlet reference, sadly I coudln't think of anything so I'll just link to a place where you can buy the dvds. It's a l33t show. ^_^ Especially when you consider it was made in 1967 ^_^

Look forward to a sequel to it sometime between december 2004 and 2005 in OMG! CGI!
Old 2004-04-03, 16:22   Link #76
hobobaggins
だいすきが大好きです!

Send a message via AIM to hobobaggins
Quote:
He is an old man, so I doubt he likes closing threads and sending pms.
HOLY SHIT! pms i s a communicable disease? !!!H RUN FOR THE HILLS!!!

.. rofl.

and about calling xris "old man"

it says it right under his name why shoudnt we?
hobobaggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-01, 13:32   Link #77
Kyle of Alberta

Send a message via ICQ to Kyle of Alberta Send a message via AIM to Kyle of Alberta Send a message via MSN to Kyle of Alberta
My friend tricked me... -_-

You know, my co-worker tricked me into believing that there was an anime convention in Newfoundland and Labrador. I asked for a week off from my boss, got a plane ticket on Air Canada (Latitude Plus) and flew down there and guess what?

There was no convention. Only a tribute to screech.
Kyle of Alberta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-01, 13:55   Link #78
JanthraX^
Ace Archer

nothing has happened so far, HOWEVER, i am going to my cousins' house/lair tonight and i can expect quite a few tricks, evil little girls,
anyway i can bribe them as i have a present for them =D
JanthraX^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-01, 16:33   Link #79
Mephisto2k
anime4life

Tricked by the internet...

Im such a fool to be tricked by some random webpages.
I was checking the some general-new-anime-and-manga-fansub-update-link pages similar to animesuki. As i came to the tokio toshokan page it scaredthe shit out of me. There was a legal warning whatever shit. instead connecting to the page i got a text about this page providing illegal and licensed content and is therefor closed. There was also my ip and location(germany) and a note that we shouldnt think they wont get us anyway or something like that. everything was written pretty good authentic and believable. Even though i know they wont neccesarilly go for the users especially in the fansub business (they rather go for uploader, serverowner, webmaster, providers and so on) it scared me pretty much.

Later on i visited the ebaumsworld funmovie-and-so-on homepage. There was a note that they got forced to censor most of their homemade and tv funvideos due to some kind of american political organisation or whatever. they also said that the web master is positive that with enough fan complaints to that organisation they will be able to go agains the decisions and censoring or whatever.

Later on when i came back home after i watched a movie in cinema with some friends, i told my brother about that stupid censoring. He told me "ah, its obviously an april fool gag"...
I was like "oh shit! Im such a stupid idiot to fall for this shit".
Even though i remembered it was april the 1rst somewhen during that day, i still couldnt make a connection to incidents on the web. I got fooled pretty easily and realized how stupid i was. I was espacially relieved about the ip and location legal law whatever shit. Its not only because i was scared because there would "probably" be some policeman knocking on my door the next day, but more about that this would be yet another useless and shitty action of the usgovernment agains the fansub community and they wouldnt have stopped there most probably, if this were for real.

However, there is no april fool announcement yet, and it would be pretty ironic if it were for real and only a coincident that it happened during the april fool time...
Mephisto2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-01, 17:54   Link #80
hobobaggins
だいすきが大好きです!

Send a message via AIM to hobobaggins
Blizzard posted a good one the 31st.

They "brought back" an old moderator's account, and released the new patch notes.

Funny if you play the game:

Spoiler:
hobobaggins is offline   Reply With Quote