AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2010-02-02, 05:18   Link #121
Key Board
Carbon

Cleared the game

I won't spoil much since a lot of people are still playing, but I have a few nitpicks

Spoiler:
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-02, 08:57   Link #122
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Quote:
EXEC_COSMOFLIPS/. is indeed beautiful. If litsen out of the context, I would say it is the best trasck this time. (Not to say it didn't work well in context, just EXEC_Z/. tops it completly with that category).
I seconded that. Currently, it's the only hymnoss that I listen for more than 10 times a day, or when I go to sleep.

Btw, can someone explain to me about the battle song system in this game ? I noticed that the battle song is a hymnoss...but, does that mean that it can be changed whenever we tried to use a different song spell ?

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-02, 11:07   Link #123
aquagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyvedelta View Post
I seconded that. Currently, it's the only hymnoss that I listen for more than 10 times a day, or when I go to sleep.

Btw, can someone explain to me about the battle song system in this game ? I noticed that the battle song is a hymnoss...but, does that mean that it can be changed whenever we tried to use a different song spell ?
Actually, all the Reyvateils have a single song, whose properties can be changed depending on the Hymma (song pieces gained from the Cosmospheres) you program into it. The battle music changes whenever you activate another of the Hymmas installed into the song (in other words: whenever you Purge your Reyvateil a level).
aquagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-04, 00:47   Link #124
Sylphic
KI NI NARIMASU!

Hmm... Just a quick question.

Is it true that you can only have one revytail on the field now? So the duets and synchro attacks and what not are all gone?

Otaku in Japan Daily Blog - [URL="www.ninjapan.org[/URL]
Sylphic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-04, 00:51   Link #125
problemedchild
ô_ô

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylphic View Post
Hmm... Just a quick question.

Is it true that you can only have one revytail on the field now? So the duets and synchro attacks and what not are all gone?
Yes. 1 RT and 3 Vanguards.... not that you have much of a choice in the vanguard department.
problemedchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-04, 03:10   Link #126
ZODDGUTS

Quote:
Media Create Jan 25-31

01. / 00. [NDS] Dragon Quest VI: Realms of Reviere (Square Enix) - 906.000 / NEW
02. / 00. [PS3] Resonance of Fate (Sega) - 118.000 / NEW
03. / 01. [WII] New Super Mario Bros. Wii (Nintendo) - 84.000 / 3.201.000 (-24%)
04. / 00. [PS3] Ar tonelico III: Sekai Shuuen no Hikigane wa Shoujo no Uta ga Hajiku (Namco Bandai) - 82.000 / NEW
05. / 05. [NDS] Friend Collection (Nintendo) - 45.000 / 2.741.000 (+0%)
06. / 06. [WII] Wii Fit Plus (Nintendo) - 33.000 / 1.583.000 (-2%)
07. / 04. [PSP] Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep (Square Enix) - 30.000 / 713.000 (-50%)
08. / 00. [360] Resonance of Fate (Sega) - 27.000 / NEW
09. / 02. [PSP] Valkyria Chronicles 2 (Sega) - 24.000 / 118.000 (-75%)
10. / 00. [PS3] MAG: Massive Action Game (SCE) - 19.000 / NEW

Isn't Ar Tonelico III last game in the series? Wonder if Gust will change their mind after seeing those sales... It outsold the previous two series first week sales. AT1 apparently did 57k first week and AT2 did 68k.

Gust other recent series Atelier Rorona only did 43k in it's first week, though that was before the PS3 price drop.
ZODDGUTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-04, 06:14   Link #127
aquagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
Cleared the game

Spoiler:
Spoiler:
aquagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-04, 07:31   Link #128
Key Board
Carbon

Spoiler:
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-15, 22:15   Link #129
Varion
殲滅天使

Send a message via AIM to Varion Send a message via MSN to Varion
@problemedchild:
Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZODDGUTS View Post
Isn't Ar Tonelico III last game in the series? Wonder if Gust will change their mind after seeing those sales...
Oh they've specifically not ruled it out. 3 is the end of the tower trilogy of sorts, the restoring of Ar Ciel, etc. There's plenty more they could do with the series if they want to, though. From one of the staff comments during the release countdown:

"Will the world of Ar Tonelico end with this game? Or will it keep going? That depends on how much everyone enjoys it! ...Probably. At the very least Tsuchiya and I will continue to be really busy, so please continue to support the expansion of Ar Tonelico related products."

Anyway, I finished it earlier on. Overall it was a really good game, though not without negatives. The ending was probably the biggest one - it wasn't bad, but as the final game in the trilogy I was expecting more from it - it would've been nice to see what everyone was doing after the game finished not just from this game but from the first two as well. Felt like such a wasted opportunity. Still a game fans of the series will enjoy thoroughly though - 56 hours playtime in 5 days should show just how much I did
Varion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-19, 02:09   Link #130
Sylphic
KI NI NARIMASU!

Omg omg my copy finally arrived! Hearing everyone's mostly favorable impressions, I really can't wait until I sink my teeth into this tomorrow

Otaku in Japan Daily Blog - [URL="www.ninjapan.org[/URL]
Sylphic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-06, 03:15   Link #131
Rias

Just beat it...well at least first run with Finnel true ending. Most likely will go back and beat Tilia route, but probably that's about it.

Spoiler for Brief review:
Old 2010-03-07, 22:33   Link #132
Varion
殲滅天使

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rias View Post
But once I've seen like 10 times or something, I find myself trying to avoid that purge animation...it's just time consuming, and you can always just go to the extra screen and watch that how many times you want...
...You do know you can turn them off in the options screen, right? I did that pretty early on.

I'm really not getting all this hate for the Hymmnos though. Cutypump is literally the only track I don't like, the rest are great, and they all fit their respective scenes really well.
Old 2010-03-08, 02:07   Link #133
problemedchild
ô_ô

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varion View Post
...You do know you can turn them off in the options screen, right? I did that pretty early on.

I'm really not getting all this hate for the Hymmnos though. Cutypump is literally the only track I don't like, the rest are great, and they all fit their respective scenes really well.
The Hymmnos do fit their respective scenes fairly well, but are really lackluster when you listen to them outside of the game. I really enjoyed songs such as the Crescent Chronicle on my MP3 player, but I can't enjoy most of AT3's OST on my MP3 =/
problemedchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-16, 14:20   Link #134
ZeroForever

side note - officially announced for US release.
Old 2010-07-16, 15:54   Link #135
Edge Meltdown
AxS HxM TxA RxS JxK HxM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroForever View Post
woohoo! i knew it was only a matter of time. In the meantime, i'm just going to enjoy replaying AT 2.
Edge Meltdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-16, 21:11   Link #136
Aaerul

Quote:
got a source? who is localizing it
Aaerul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-16, 21:49   Link #137
Varion
殲滅天使

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosign View Post
got a source? who is localizing it
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2010/...z-h-p-for-psp/
Old 2010-07-16, 23:25   Link #138
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Hopefully they are doing it properly this time.
Old 2010-07-17, 00:55   Link #139
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Awesome, I was worried it might get the Tales of Graces treatment...
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-19, 03:51   Link #140
Zekori

Well Tales games usually have poor luck of being released stateside is a given, at least recently over the few years anyhow. Personally I'm more concerned with the Atelier series, but Rorona's success will have to say a lot about that I bet... but that's another story.

AT3 was just inevitable, despite the nay saying, even if NIS didn't pick up the project other localization groups would have picked it up. At a later time eventually if I had to say rather than as soon as it was now, (going on a tangent and off topic I suppose) mostly if I had to guess because of AT3's content and how media watchdogs and feminists tend to react to females being portrayed in games. Such as say Bayonetta or Heavenly Sword as an example to some of the criticism yet they have nothing to say of half-naked Kratos, NIER, or a handful of other like games. Just nothing but double standards

Straying back on topic, I usually don't care about these rather insignificant changes (like say covers) but for some reason that EN title just doesn't sit well (more awkward than anything), but then again it's really a small matter in concerns to the (hope of) effort being put around this time on AT3 and Rorona for that matter.
Zekori is offline   Reply With Quote