AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2009-05-07, 07:14   Link #1
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

[Anime-only] Shippuden Episode 108 Discussion

Welcome to this week's episode discussion thread posted a few days before it airs in Japan (which is on Thursday).
  • Naruto Forum RULES...
    • DO NOT ASK where to download RAWs or Fansubs... and DO NOT MENTION fansub group names...
      For further information please visit the Naruto Licensed! Ask for it = Ban thread
  • Thread Guidelines...
    • Absolutely no manga spoilers in any anime-only threads such as the weekly Episode Discussion threads. That means, no hints, or vague remarks about a future event from the manga, even within the spoiler tags. Inability to observe this rule will result in a BAN!

• Discuss your expectations of this episode if it hasn't aired yet.
    • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
    • Try to keep the discussion on topic.

Everyone is encouraged to use the report post button if these rules are broken. The button is located in the left hand corner, at the bottom of every user name. It will notify a moderator who will deal with such post according to the rules.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-07, 09:24   Link #2
Takashipl

Not a bad episode, but not very good either.. Please end this filler!!

It made me wonder, though..
Spoiler for this episode:
Takashipl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-07, 12:23   Link #3
Fran~
floating away...

ahhh.... GurenXNaruto <3
Old 2009-05-07, 13:15   Link #4
DeDe
Ino-Shika-Cho

The filler has been confirmed to go to episode 112. So that will mean the Sanbi arc lasted 23 episodes. Compare that to the last canon arc(Zombie Twin/Team 10) which lasted 18 episodes and had relatively little filler.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran~ View Post
ahhh.... GurenXNaruto <3
What filler/movie girl hasn't he charmed? Sure in filler he becomes dumb as a rock, but the women are all over him. Sakura and Hinata who?
Old 2009-05-07, 13:20   Link #5
zaxthezax

Come on,, return of the plotholes any1? Guren still fighting after reaching her Chakra Limit 5 Times and using Life to Chakra Jutsu of Death, Naruto charging turtlemonsters with kunais, Naruto jumping down a hole instead of sending shadow clone, paranormal dimension vortices.. get over it already.... the story is so off naruto universe..
Not to mention horrible animations.

Im going to get this arc subbed and cut out all this shit to enjoy the canon parts in a 60 minutes special or smth.... i doubt it would be 60 minutes at all..
zaxthezax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-07, 16:04   Link #6
neshru

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeDe View Post
The filler has been confirmed to go to episode 112.
Though it is likely, I don't think it's confirmed yet. The summaries for episodes 109-112 are not out yet.
neshru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-07, 17:30   Link #7
EoT
~~

Not much to say about this episode except they are finally out of the 3 tails (at the end of the episode of course)
EoT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-07, 17:44   Link #8
AuroraFlash
good-natured spirit
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via ICQ to AuroraFlash Send a message via MSN to AuroraFlash
This episode was a weird one. It neither built up tension nor was exciting in any possible way. Lots of talk and I can't understand how lightning can be conducted when Shikamaru fights Kakuzu but in a whole lake it has no effect. Maybe it's the same in a real lake because it's much bigger, I don't know about that, but it was weird to see Kakashi using his Chirodi under water. Next time, Sasuke will lauch a fireball underwater. xD
Old 2009-05-07, 18:51   Link #9
Supermutant

The scene with the fog had me thinking about Luke Skywalker on Dagobah. Didn't seem to have much of a point though.
Supermutant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-07, 18:51   Link #10
hamstar
just passing by

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuroraFlash View Post
I can't understand how lightning can be conducted when Shikamaru fights Kakuzu but in a whole lake it has no effect. Maybe it's the same in a real lake because it's much bigger, I don't know about that, but it was weird to see Kakashi using his Chirodi under water. Next time, Sasuke will lauch a fireball underwater. xD

yeah...in the narutoverse lightning>ground so...nothing really makes sense really. Lightning apparently doesnt conduct with water?? lolz.
Old 2009-05-07, 19:35   Link #11
Frenchie
Shougi Génération
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Frenchie
Well, water conducts electricity for sure. In Shikamaru's case, it was a fairly small amount of water, meaning the electricity was discharged in a relatively large amount. I'm not sure how a chidori would behave underwater, but I'm pretty sure the same would happen. Electricity would be conducted through the water, and depending on the strength of the chidori and the amount of water, you'd get zapped. (Or not.)

Basically, if you grabbed a hairdryer, turned it on near the sea side and dropped it in the water, you're gonna free up a charge, but it's surely not enough to zap -anything- in the sea. That's what I mean I guess.

Now I have no idea if there is any real difference standing in the lake at the edge or if you're right in the middle of it when the chidori charge is dropped in the middle. Considering the speed traveled by electricity in general, I'd say there's not much difference.

Essentially, I'm no expert. But I think we might just let our imagination fill the gap this time around. Let's not think too much about this, even though it's Naruto, it's still shounen.
Frenchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-07, 22:37   Link #12
Alchemist007
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran~ View Post
ahhh.... GurenXNaruto <3
Hehe, certainly had it's moments.

Spoiler for Naruto: pimpin like any other day:
Old 2009-05-07, 23:01   Link #13
naruske

in naruto shippuden 2, sasuke's chidori electrified the whole lake. but I guess if Kakashi wanted to extend the effects of his raikiri, it would do the same. I wonder if they can fit Akatsuki catching the 3 tails in 3 episodes because it doesn't look like they'll appear in the next one....but who knows
naruske is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-08, 09:00   Link #14
Bombo
TSF Fans

I like this filler better than others.!
Bombo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-08, 09:26   Link #15
mrsticky005
Banned

[QUOTE=El_Frenchie;2383107]Well, water conducts electricity for sure.

Actually technically speaking, no it doesn't.
Water is actually a horrible conductor.

Then why is it dangerous to use the stereo in the bathtub?

Although water itself does not conduct electricity
the minerals IN water DO. But if you have pure water
(which most water isn't. Especially tap water.)
then it won't conduct electricity.

Also I don't for sure but apparently
pure water (that is two parts Hydrogen, one part Oxygen, only)
tastes very metallic.
mrsticky005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-08, 15:33   Link #16
Takashipl

What you wrote is true - meaning that water in lake would be ideal conductor. This leaves a question - is lighting element actually electric, or is it more like a symbol?
And about taste - i dunno, but i don't think it's important anyway
Old 2009-05-08, 15:37   Link #17
Alchemist007
*Author

Na they just failed at physics.
Old 2009-05-08, 16:24   Link #18
Fran~
floating away...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist007 View Post
Na they just failed at physics.
Anime doesn't know sh*t about physics from the start.
Old 2009-05-08, 17:24   Link #19
Ero-Senn1n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takashipl View Post
What you wrote is true - meaning that water in lake would be ideal conductor. This leaves a question - is lighting element actually electric, or is it more like a symbol?
And about taste - i dunno, but i don't think it's important anyway
What most people think is that if there's a good conductor it means current will flow there. The reality is that you need two points with different electrical potential in them, that is high voltage between two points, and a relatively good conductor between them. You can stand on a 10,000V wire and not die if you are equipotential with it. So to make sure you survive you have to either make sure that you are not standing between two points which have very different potentials (for example between a small evil thunder cloud above your head and the ground below your feet ) or make sure that there is a better conductor there than you are so that the current will flow in that conductor instead of your body
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-08, 18:13   Link #20
Takashipl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ero-Senn1n View Post
The reality is that you need two points with different electrical potential in them, that is high voltage between two points, and a relatively good conductor between them.
Yeah, but shouldn't current flow from Kakashis' hand which has high electric potential, and bottom of the lake which surely has zero potential? I mean, it isn't like whole lake is isolated so current doesn't have the place to go..