AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Spice and Wolf

Notices

Old 2008-03-14, 01:56   Link #81
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Oye.... welcome to "just a bit late" data..... that's definitely going on my collection list, now that Tsukuyomi Moon Phase (JP version) is about done.

edit: data on manga release to be placed here for informational purposes as soon as I format it.

Last edited by Vexx; 2008-03-14 at 02:17.
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-15, 12:16   Link #82
w00tness
zetsuboushita...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitemoon648 View Post
I was just wondering, Out of curiosity, How come Sudo subs arent listed on the animesuki forum? did the group not want their sub to be listed on animesuki?
Or any other reason?

P.S. The show isnt licensed , so i hope i havent asked a question that i shouldnt have .
It is. under "a pseudonym presentation"
w00tness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-20, 15:16   Link #83
ShiniIllumi

x.x; I'm reading on Wiki about how this is only a 13ep series>< Does anyone know if a second season is planned? It seems sorta short and there are things that I feel are unanswered :/
ShiniIllumi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-20, 16:40   Link #84
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShiniIllumi View Post
x.x; I'm reading on Wiki about how this is only a 13ep series>< Does anyone know if a second season is planned? It seems sorta short and there are things that I feel are unanswered :/
There is no second season planned yet. Maybe in the future, but not yet known if there will be one right now.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-21, 23:00   Link #85
ShiniIllumi

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
There is no second season planned yet. Maybe in the future, but not yet known if there will be one right now.

Well, here's to hoping there will be^^
ShiniIllumi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-24, 03:30   Link #86
Kazuma77
Kakashi Fangirl

Spice and Wolf is on Wiki under romance gender... where is any romance really?
~Ladies, if a guy ever tells you, he wants to cover you from head to toe in honey, and lick it all off inch by inch, that's the man who hasn't done it before. You start at her toes, and before you get to anything interesting, she is asleep and you are in diabetic coma ~
Kazuma77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-24, 12:42   Link #87
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Um.... all over the place with almost every scene between Horo and Lawrence?

The series has to be viewed as a "mature" romance story rather than a "high school angst and emo" story. It fits more into the verbal romances of old classic movies from the 1950s like with Cary Grant and Audrey Hepburn or Bogart and Bacall. After all, Lawrence is in his 20s and Horo has been around for 600 years.

If you're not too far into the series.. just pay attention to how they treat and address each other -- a lot of the romantic banter is layered under "business talk".
Old 2008-04-01, 01:57   Link #88
Haruyasha
名前は?
*Scanlator

Today I was reading the manga.. and something struck my mind..

Question: Does Horo have human ears as well?

She never lifts her hair.. so I can't ever tell.. Anyone know or seen Horo with her hair up?
Haruyasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-01, 02:05   Link #89
Xacual

I'd assume she doesn't but you're right in that I don't think she ever lifted her hair or anything like that.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-01, 02:08   Link #90
Haruyasha
名前は?
*Scanlator

I'm looking through all images right now, and cannot find a single one where her hair doesn't get in the way.. I personally think she does.. (Since Lawrence refers to her tail and ears as "extra parts") .. Maybe it's a secret?
Haruyasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-01, 14:23   Link #91
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Physiologically, I'd see absolutely no reason for her to have two sets of ears.

However, this is an issue with almost *all* drawings of "catgirls", "doggirls" etc. in all works of art in both science fiction and anime.

The artists always seem to cover the area where human ears would be with hair. The only reason I can think of is that they think instead of the girl looking cute with only animal ears -- she'd now look more alien to some viewers. The ears would now seem more of a deformity (though Horo did allude him thinking she had been locked away for deformity as well as madness when she met Lawrence). If they left the human ears along with animal ears, the sight of two ears on each side of the head would look even stranger to many.

As far as the story itself, the only thing I can point out is that she never mentions or complains about any human ears.

Personally, I think she's got the one set of wolf ears and that's it -- but obviously we'll never know so carry on.

I have to admit that in episode two I was spending too much brain power wondering about the cranial structure, brain format, and ear structures of such a creature
Old 2008-04-04, 18:35   Link #92
Shikimori Kazuki
Angeloid Type β - Nymph

im having abit of trouble understanding the part where Horo explains to the man about not wanting to remove her robe to show her face to the man in episode 2. Can someone help me please?

it starts around: 8:50 in episode 2, inside the church.
Shikimori Kazuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-08, 22:49   Link #93
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
The ear thing is something that I thought about, but brushed off as her simply having the wolf ears. Would be strange to hear with two sets of ears. Think if she was going to have human ears the wolf ones wouldn't be there. Guess those drawing would find it odd to show that there was simply nothing there where we would normally have ears. Just a difference between Horo and a regular human.
Old 2008-04-17, 15:45   Link #94
ATiWolF
Converted Horoist =D

Unhappy

3 Questions

1. Where can one purchase Spice And Wolf Light Novels outside of Japan?(United States to be Specific)

2.Are there any English Novels or Manga available(or in the works)?I saw a translation thread for the novels put I'm unsure if early novels are translated while newer novel have yet to be translated.

3. What Light Novels start After the first season?

Thanks
ATiWolF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-17, 16:49   Link #95
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATiWolF View Post
3 Questions

1. Where can one purchase Spice And Wolf Light Novels outside of Japan?(United States to be Specific)

2.Are there any English Novels or Manga available(or in the works)?I saw a translation thread for the novels put I'm unsure if early novels are translated while newer novel have yet to be translated.

3. What Light Novels start After the first season?

Thanks
1. You can purchase Japanese items from websites like amazon.jp and have them ship all the way to U.S.
If you want to buy them from actual stores, no idea.

2. Both the light novels and manga are being translated by fans, but no official translations yet.

3. Anime follows volumes 1-2, so volume 3.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-17, 16:52   Link #96
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

1) Stores which normally carry japanese language books including manga and light novels might carry it --- e.g. Kinokuniya Bookstores.
amazon.co.jp (nasty shipping costs) and yesasia.com (shipping is cheap but they're flaky about stock-in-hand) are alternatives.

2) There are no *licensed* English distributions of the novels or the more recent manga announced as yet. There *is* a hobby-translation of the light novels in progress with different team members taking on various chapters or volumes. There will probably be scanlations of the manga but the first volume of the manga only got released a few weeks ago. There is also the magazine that runs the monthly comic (which started up last September).

3) The first season is a condensed form of Volume 1 and 2. Volume 3 picks up just after the conclusion of the series (though a reader would miss a lot of the story detail if they just went by the anime and Horo would be sad ).

meh... serenade wins the simul-post contest .
Old 2008-04-17, 18:21   Link #97
ATiWolF
Converted Horoist =D

Unhappy

So..Thats how it is huh?
This Was my favorite anime so it pains me to wait.
It's likely that it will be a few years before English-speaking fans get any attention. I wonder how muchprofit they'd make if they tapped into other markets.
I mean, Bleach:memories of Nobody Took two years before they officially announced the movie in the U.S. And Its still not here.

God is Cruel....

...Thx to both of you BTW
ATiWolF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-17, 19:27   Link #98
whitewater_81
...sigh...

Send a message via MSN to whitewater_81 Send a message via Yahoo to whitewater_81
Okay,here's mine.At the last episode,I don't quite get how they smuggled the gold so frikkin easily.HOW THE F**K did they do that?!?! Can anyone answer??
Old 2008-09-18, 03:20   Link #99
seaghyn16
Translator Level 4/10

You need to wait for the book to figure this out ^_^. I can say it wasn't as easy as it seemed, it's just all the right people fell into place who all disliked the church or wanted a profit more. They went to a town where the Guild had affiliations, and gathered gold. They then carried it to the town, and had some hardships as the anime shows about mistrust and greed, but in the end, Lawrence, Horo, and Nora, all made it back with the gold. They then did the ingenious thing, and fed it to the sheep. Then they just went through customs, and they're sheep were picked up by the Guild. Then gutted, and the gold was extracted. Viola. But your right, it does seem kind of easy. I'm hoping Volume 2 of the Novels has more details ^_^.
seaghyn16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-18, 03:46   Link #100
salv87
Can't think of a title^_^

If you mean to ask how they actually got it into the city, then it's even easier.
Basically the the guards at the gates were searching everyone according to the church's order.
Since Noora works for the church, and the guards know her, they never check her. So I don't think they even had to feed the gold to the lambs. How would they explain slaughtering them later?^_^ So they have probably just hidden it in their wool.

But yeah.. I think the book would give a better explanation (when it's translated that is ^_^)
salv87 is offline   Reply With Quote