AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Tech Support

Notices

Old 2007-08-20, 18:25   Link #281
garra113
CaramellDansen!!!

Ummm. Can I get a reupload on the tutorial on this please?
garra113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-21, 01:38   Link #282
GHDpro
Administrator
*Administrator

The site is still working. Check the very first post of this thread.
GHDpro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-21, 04:06   Link #283
EnZimE

My video files are not resulting in an encoded product. I dunno why but it goes through the normal passes but the video files really doesnt complete. Any help?
EnZimE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-22, 12:50   Link #284
garra113
CaramellDansen!!!

Ok so this is what you do. All you got to do is go the the file that you want encoded, then right click and "Queue for encode". After that, you use the output file and burn it into a DVD using any DVD software. I use Nero Vision 4 so is this right?
Old 2007-08-22, 15:59   Link #285
EnZimE

Seems you can use any program to burn it but yea that is correct. GHDPro, I think my problem and all my problems revolve around VFR. It seems that the reason my files run through the passes but I get no resulting file is because of this. Unless there is a way to change the VFR file in the anime episode then I think I am forever screwed ><
EnZimE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-23, 23:23   Link #286
garra113
CaramellDansen!!!

Ok i got a problem. Whenever its encoding, in 2 minutes, it always give me a runtime error. Something to do with QuEnc.exe. abnormal program termination. Help please? I even made sure that all the files go to the places its suppose to go.
Old 2007-08-31, 13:22   Link #287
EdwardElricForever

Wow, these guides are really amazing I just have a few dumb questions though...

Are Queue for encoding and TMPGEnc two completly different programs?
If so, can I choose which one to use as I really like the looks of TMPGEnc?

Thank you and oh, in the "GHDpro's Guide to TMPGEnc" only the first page will work for me. I really wanted to read through but pages 2-5 come up with No Thread specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator What do I do?

Thank you again
EdwardElricForever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-31, 13:49   Link #288
GHDpro
Administrator
*Administrator

"Queue for Encoding" is just a PHP (command line) script with a bunch of freeware apps that together will encode anime to DVD (with extra borders to counteract overscan). It's been a long while since I used TMPGEnc, but last time I tried it didn't have very good support for MKV files (especially ones with soft-subtitles). If all you want to convert are AVI files, then TMPGEnc is the easy solution. Otherwise, while complicated to set up, my script might be more reliable for MKV files.

As for your second question, see this post.
GHDpro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-31, 14:30   Link #289
EdwardElricForever

Quote:
Originally Posted by GHDpro View Post
"Queue for Encoding" is just a PHP (command line) script with a bunch of freeware apps that together will encode anime to DVD (with extra borders to counteract overscan). It's been a long while since I used TMPGEnc, but last time I tried it didn't have very good support for MKV files (especially ones with soft-subtitles). If all you want to convert are AVI files, then TMPGEnc is the easy solution. Otherwise, while complicated to set up, my script might be more reliable for MKV files.

As for your second question, see this post.
THANK YOU THANK YOU so much for clearing that up for me ^.^ I think that I'll give TMPGEnc a try as all I have are .avi files. I have a trial version of 2.5 installed on my PC at the moment but when I try to use it to convert One Piece, I get totally lost and after reading through the quide on here, it seems completly different from 3.0 Would you happen to know of any really good guides to help me out with 2.5?

Thank you for the links aswell. Unfortuantly I wasn't able to get past page 1 again on the "Convert AVI to DVD" but the other link you gave was really good so thanks so much again for all your help
EdwardElricForever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-02, 16:18   Link #290
random0munky

I read all through this thread, however I wasn't able to come across a fix for:
FATAL Error: M2V file not found. I'm using CCE to do the encoding. I tried to access Aktee's guide its just his website appears to be taken down. Any help would be greatly appreciated thanks.
random0munky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-11, 03:49   Link #291
DarkMidget

Resolution, encoding, and general DVD burning.

Hello. I suffer from the same problem most people seem to; when I burn some anime (unlicensed of course) to DVD, on my tv, the video is cut off on either side, or even the top or bottom. I once tried to burn one and went through a bunch of trouble trying to encode and do a bunch of stuff. It took me a month and it still wasn't right. I was wondering if anyone had an easy (well, doesn't have to be), good, or proven way to burn anime to DVDs that play in DVD players so that it fits well on the screen without any problems or distortions.

Any help is welcome and appreciated!
DarkMidget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-11, 04:08   Link #292
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Here you go! I merged your post into this thread so that you can see an easy, good and proven way to burn anime to DVDs so you can play it in a DVD player and will fit well on the screen without any problems or distortions.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-22, 02:47   Link #293
myopius

Hey, I have a question that I think will be best answered in this thread. I've burned DVDs that play perfectly well on PS2's and several modern DVD players, using Queue for Encoding. But on my parents' old DVD player and on my local anime club's DVD player, they don't play. The DVD player says "Reading..." and just doesn't go anywhere from there, eventually saying "error" sometimes. Is this a software problem, or is it that old DVD players physically can't read the relatively cheap Memorex DVD+R's? If the latter, can anyone recommend a convenient DVD that will play on those DVD players?
Old 2007-10-22, 04:44   Link #294
hobbes_fan
You could say.....

Well, I don't use GHDPro's method rather I bought convertxtoDVD. It's a known issue that certain DVD players are extremely picky with which DVD's they can read. The common thread is that the brand name ones are pickier than the generic $20 special DVD players. Also the general consensus is the better grade DVD's like TDK and Taiyo Yuden's are more sucessful than the cheapo ones. IDK why that's the case but that's the general experience.

I also note that you use DVD+R, make sure the DVD players can support it.It may just be case that they can only read DVD-R although this is pretty unlikely.
hobbes_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-27, 12:30   Link #295
johnishida
Bishoujo Lover!

Send a message via MSN to johnishida
I have a problem encoding the audio...

The format of the audio is ACC in a MKV. It says the extraction for the A_AAC audio is not supported.

Anyway to solve this?
Old 2007-10-28, 15:05   Link #296
guess

I got an error message when I tried to convert an mkv file.

what does it mean?

Last edited by guest; 2007-10-28 at 19:10.
guest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-28, 19:33   Link #297
guess

I got another two error messages:

The error messages are diferent every time.
Old 2007-12-28, 13:51   Link #298
garra113
CaramellDansen!!!

Ummm Do you have a tutorial for Vista Users?
Old 2008-01-01, 17:05   Link #299
Okina

I posted this in another similar forum, but there is some easy to use, freeware, DVD burning software called DVD Flick which is pretty easy to use. A search on Google, etc will locate the site. It is not fond, as some others, of mkv files, so I had to buy MovKit ($20) to convert the .mkv files to .avi, but in general it is pretty cool.
Okina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-06, 01:16   Link #300
stewie0814

for avis and such, i do the whole virtualdub, save audio independently, get the subs, compress in tmpegenc etc etc etc, and for mkvs, i got ConvertXtoDVD, and its pretty simple to use although, not very configurable, but its great for getting those annoying(in the sense that they're not that easy to burn) mkvs to dvds.
stewie0814 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
file conversion, wiki candidate