AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2012-06-18, 17:33   Link #861
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
I hope there is no pork there... I'll take the prawns and the fish to be sure... and the veggies...
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-18, 17:39   Link #862
mystogan
The Lost Lamb

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenjiChan View Post
I hope there is no pork there... I'll take the prawns and the fish to be sure... and the veggies...
seriously, i myself don't know what all in there, i could only recognize shrimp or prawns, fish and there might also be beef in there somewhere
oh!, and you might wanna avoid the sausages cause i think that's pork

(looking at the picture actually made me hungry, i'll get something to eat)
Old 2012-06-18, 17:48   Link #863
ZGoten
Custom User Title

Send a message via ICQ to ZGoten
I suppose I should be a vegeterian, but I'm not. Animals kill other animals to survive. We as humans don't have to do that. We are theoretically intelligent and able enough to resist our natural instincts. We have a choice. I guess that's part of what makes as human. Still I am eating meat, because it tastes good. I guess I'm just a terrible person. I sometimes try to justify it with the survival of the fittest argument, but looking at it with an honest approach, that's just such a d*ckish way of defending oneself. I guess in the future I will simply try to justify my eating habits by stating that I'm a bad person like I did in the beginning of this post. We all want to be saints in the eyes of others, but let's admit it, most of us are a**es. I apologize for my offensive language.
Old 2012-06-18, 20:20   Link #864
Yuno
Balanced Diet

I don't, I actually stopped being a meat eater back in 2002. So I have been a vegetarian for a long time. I stopped because animals trust me, and for the longest time I couldn't reconcile what was in front of me that I was eating and the creatures that I interacted with on the farm. I studied Kuan Yin and the boddhisatva vow and decided that it is a really wonderful thing to care for all of the living creatures of the world. I can sustain myself just fine without meat, so I decided to stop.

It was not an easy process though, I cut out each thing one by one. Now I don't miss it, don't think of it and even get kind of sick if I am stuck in a room where it is being cooked. So I have vastly changed in regards to diet. What do I think about other people's diets? I don't care really. People will eat whatever, so I am no judge or iron hammer. I'm too busy minding my own life to mind what other people are doing~
Yuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-18, 23:59   Link #865
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
I guess I'm just a terrible person.
You make it sound as if you're the one killing the meat you eat. Btw that's how it was not too long ago, I still remember my dad making sausages at my grandfather's house - nothing tastes better than the stuff you make yourself, raising the pigs at your place just makes it taste all the better.
Quote:
We all want to be saints in the eyes of others, but let's admit it, most of us are a**es.
Technically, saint is a title given to the deceased, so I'll pass Anyway, saying that someone's bad because they eat meat is ridiculous, some people have a genetic predisposition towards meat. You can't possibly suggest that they are bad because they were born that way.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-19, 00:09   Link #866
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mystogan View Post

woah look at all that meat, any one care to join me for the barbecue
What a feast! Is it someone's birthday?
I'll take a sausage, the bottom half part of a fish, and one stick of those veggies at the side please.

Last edited by Liddo-kun; 2012-06-19 at 00:30.
Liddo-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-19, 00:23   Link #867
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Despite the fantasies of vegans and such, human beings are evolutionarily omnivores - we eat what is available. Our digestive processing says it, our teeth say it, our very enzymes and molecular processing says it.

If you want to be vegan that's a choice - but I encounter far too many vegans that DON'T do the research so they can replace what they are not getting in their diet. You can't just "throw on a few tofus" and call it good. If you want to go vegan for ethical or spiritual reasons, fine, but don't say you're doing it for health reasons because the science says baloney and DO the research to see what you should be eating to substitute what meat offers (hint: it includes beans, tofu, certain plants, and *vitamins* like iron -- and plan on grazing six or eight small meals a day, which isn't a bad idea even with meat).

Reduction of meat eating, OTOH, is a good thing because modern 1st worlder types consume far too much meat in proportion to other foods. That leads to all sorts metabolic disasters including the oft mentioned colon cancer.
Old 2012-06-19, 01:04   Link #868
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Do you eat meat? Or are you a vegetarian, or a vegan? If you don't eat meat, is it a preference thing? Do you just not like the taste of it, or is it a moral stance you take? Do you believe it's cruel and unnecessary for humans to use animal-derived products?
I do eat some meat, but it's mostly due to most restaurants / food chains offering none to poor alternatives to allow me to eat something besides meat or a salad(I am just not a salad person ) and avoiding eating out ever is a bit of a pain , since at home I've reduced how much of it I'd eat greatly over the past 2, or so years, though I do eat soy-based "vegan meat". And on average now I'll probably eat actual meat maybe twice a week, and I generally eat chicken, beef, or seafood, while other meats, I generally don't eat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx
Reduction of meat eating, OTOH, is a good thing because modern 1st worlder types consume far too much meat in proportion to other foods. That leads to all sorts metabolic disasters including the oft mentioned colon cancer.
That makes me feel better about putting effort into reducing my consumption of it .
MAL
Kotohono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-19, 03:40   Link #869
ZGoten
Custom User Title

Send a message via ICQ to ZGoten
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
Technically, saint is a title given to the deceased, so I'll pass Anyway, saying that someone's bad because they eat meat is ridiculous, some people have a genetic predisposition towards meat. You can't possibly suggest that they are bad because they were born that way.
No, of course not. It's all about choice. Some people don't have one. I can't blame them.
Old 2012-06-19, 07:00   Link #870
Paranoid Android
Underweight Food Hoarder

Send a message via MSN to Paranoid Android
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Despite the fantasies of vegans and such, human beings are evolutionarily omnivores - we eat what is available. Our digestive processing says it, our teeth say it, our very enzymes and molecular processing says it.
Well I'm an evolutionary failure when it comes to corn. .. and coffee.

I am a black hole for food. I eat everything. I eat my subway sandwich with the wrapping paper on it like 50% of the time because I forgot to unwrap it. my meat list includes internal organs. Though I don't like cooking them, they smell terrible.

Anyone here eat cars and lightbulbs?
Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-19, 07:48   Link #871
Targus
The Happy Camper

I eat meat. I just figure that's how we're made, so it's natural for us to eat meat. I tried going vegetarian a couple of times and realize I'd need at least three times as much food to get the calories in. I could get through the day a lot easier when I started again.
Targus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-19, 10:24   Link #872
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
Well I'm an evolutionary failure when it comes to corn. .. and coffee.
Have you tried mixing corn flavoured milk with black coffee? It tastes great.

Quote:
I am a black hole for food. I eat everything. I eat my subway sandwich with the wrapping paper on it like 50% of the time because I forgot to unwrap it. my meat list includes internal organs. Though I don't like cooking them, they smell terrible.
You should fry pork liver with lean meat in soy sauce. It stinks the entire kitchen out, but is probably the meatiest Chinese recipe I learnt from my mum other than bak kut teh.

Quote:
Anyone here eat cars and lightbulbs?
No, but I do remember eating glass because I ran into an automatic door.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-20, 08:50   Link #873
Domonkazu

my rank list for meats

1.shrimp & prawn
2.crab
3.fish
4.beef
5.pork
6.duck
7.pigeon
8.bunny
9.Squids
10.chicken
11.mussels
Domonkazu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-20, 09:06   Link #874
EmagEvil

All my meals have meats in it(not breakfast)!

And i can eat it raw if its delicious(fish like salmon and oysters)! And i prefer my beefteak rare.... But of course i'm not crazy enough to eat the others raw.

I can eat any type of meats(wanna try insects if it's delicious) if it's cooked well, but my preference is chicken... But KFC's ones are too oiled.
EmagEvil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-20, 10:11   Link #875
Paranoid Android
Underweight Food Hoarder

Send a message via MSN to Paranoid Android
Quote:
Originally Posted by Domonkazu View Post
my rank list for meats

1.shrimp & prawn
2.crab
3.fish
4.beef
5.pork
6.duck
7.pigeon
8.bunny
9.Squids
10.chicken
11.mussels
Ahhh nice list.

For me:
1. Crayfish
2. Crab
3. Eel
4. Fish
5. Pork
6. Chicken/rabbit
7. These mussel/escalope like thingies. They're round and tiny. Chinese name is Luo Si (Screws)
8. My fingers and thumbs.
Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-20, 11:15   Link #876
mystogan
The Lost Lamb

People....... i give you the barbecue factory

Spoiler for barbecue factory:
Old 2012-06-20, 11:34   Link #877
MUAHAHAHAHAHA
Hail the power of Fujoshi

That is one heck of a meat fiesta......

Old stuff but just a reminder that butthurt report form is here to help
MUAHAHAHAHAHA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-20, 21:06   Link #878
NoemiChan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mystogan View Post
Spoiler for barbecue factory:
Its actually a photo I posted during my birthday event ...it was declared a holiday in our city for my sake...

*liar...
Old 2012-06-20, 21:32   Link #879
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmagEvil View Post
I can eat any type of meats(wanna try insects if it's delicious).
It depends on how you cook it. I've tasted fried termites and bee bothok (a local cuisine) and they taste good .
Old 2012-06-20, 21:36   Link #880
NoemiChan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
It depends on how you cook it. I've tasted fried termites and bee bothok (a local cuisine) and they taste good .
Many insects are best to be cooked fried... putting them into soups may make it look more disgusting...