AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2013-01-01, 20:34   Link #1241
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Not possible when you're going British and US line.

Actually, it's possible if the enemy are all retarded.
Old 2013-01-01, 21:06   Link #1242
LeoXiao
思想工作

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
Not possible when you're going British and US line.

Actually, it's possible if the enemy are all retarded.
Collective retardation happens quite often at tiers 1-3
LeoXiao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-01, 21:44   Link #1243
aly_angelflight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
What's your highest tier so far Aly? Because depending on it, a good chunk of us in MUP might be able to platoon with you.
Tier II. :x

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoXiao View Post
The Medium 1 with the MG is like a ripped badass with a minigun. Sure he's not wearing a shirt so he's got no armor, but he's big as hell and can just keep pumping rounds into enemies.
Yeah, but the reload time once you run out of rounds...

Out of the three tanks that came down that flank, though, I killed one, and came close to killing the other two!
aly_angelflight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-01, 21:52   Link #1244
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Actually you'd be surprised at how many of us keep low Tier tanks for joyrides. :P Yeah, we can platoon. Drop any of us a lone when you log on.

Oh, and Tiers 1-3 is pretty much the goofing off phase of the experience grind. Once you hit Tier 4, you'll probably start hating the Matchmaker with the fury of a thousand suns, especially if your tank just happens to have the scout modifier that forces you into battles as high as FOUR tiers above your level (*coughs* Pz38na *coughs*).

Tier 5 is generally okay though.

Last edited by Myssa Rei; 2013-01-01 at 22:30.
Myssa Rei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-01, 22:45   Link #1245
aly_angelflight

I never did log out...

Good grief, I damaged my suspension 3 times in the same match just by not watching where I'm driving. XD
Old 2013-01-01, 22:45   Link #1246
willx
Nyaaan~~

Okay, the Ram II is .. very odd. I'm not sure if it's a good tank or not, but the rate of fire is hilarious. Standing there firing at an insanely rapid rate seems to mess people's aim up pretty bad.. That said, it has awful penetration. I've bounced a perfect 90 degree shot on other Tier 5's and 6's ..

So, here's the bragshots:

Old 2013-01-01, 23:41   Link #1247
Strigon 13
Electrosphere

^ It makes decent credits? because i was thinking on buying the soviet Churchill or the T-25
Strigon 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-01, 23:43   Link #1248
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strigon 13 View Post
^ It makes decent credits? because i was thinking on buying the soviet Churchill or the T-25
I think the T-25 is better overall, as in my experience the Premium Churchill can test your patience at times. It's slow and ponderous, and when thrown into matches above Tier V, it can be close to useless unless you play support to the hilt... which is hard to do given how slow it moves.
Old 2013-01-01, 23:49   Link #1249
LeoXiao
思想工作

I don't think the Churchill III gets up into any match above tier 6 though. Even then it can be a pain in the ass to any tank that doesn't have wicked armor.
LeoXiao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-02, 00:03   Link #1250
willx
Nyaaan~~

I've been in matches with the Ram II where the highest tier tank was 7, but maybe only 1/5th of the time or so? The problem with the Ram II is the low alpha and low penetration .. you can face enemy Tier 5's and fail to pen them from the side at times .. so it can get frustrating.. Let alone if you run into something like a VK3601H or similarly armored..

Oh, and the reason I made so much cash on that match is because of "Operation: Top Gun" I got an extra 20K credits for getting top gun ..
Old 2013-01-02, 00:05   Link #1251
aly_angelflight

And the lone remaining member of the enemy team, a BT-2, dives into his base to kill off my remaining teammate and I as we're capping it, thus saving the day for his team!

...or, so he might've done had he enough HP to withstand the critical blow I dealt to him.
Old 2013-01-02, 00:35   Link #1252
Gravitas Free Zone

The Golden Soviet Churchill has been amusing to drive thus far, as none of my other play styles really work with it, since it's huge, slow, unwieldy, and has a gun with a high ROF, average accuracy, and low damage. And it can get utterly crushed against Tier 6, but at least the matchmaking prevents it from seeing worse.

So... I figured out what to do with my spare, highly-trained Pz38t crew, now that I have both a Leopard and a T-15, and I didn't feel like just training them in the T-15 or breaking into the wonderfully-annoying world of SPGs. I dipped into the gold reserve one final time and got them a Pz-S35-739f. In the first game (Campingnovka, of course), I earned a 2nd Class mastery badge, Sharpshooter, Master Gunner, and four kills.

This was against Tier II and III. I expect this thing to be utterly trashed against IV and V, but it's such a weird little tank to play.
Gravitas Free Zone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-02, 01:05   Link #1253
Endless Soul
Megane girl fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
Actually you'd be surprised at how many of us keep low Tier tanks for joyrides. :P
Oh yeah, that's exactly why I keep my BT-2. That tank is so much fun, and when it catches air.....

Endless "Joyride" Soul
Old 2013-01-02, 01:12   Link #1254
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Knackwurst View Post
Map was Steppes. I'm testing how much camo you need for a light tank such that people don't see you unless they drive into you. At this point I'm getting there...
My Tetrarch is a 3 man crew, with commander, driver and gunner. The driver and gunner has 100% camo, while the commander has around 50% (retrained his skills recently to give him Sixth Sense). I also have a Camo Net on it.

There was this one game in Malinovka where I started on the side without the buildings, and drove into the line of bushes somewhere in the middle of the field like I always do to spot for my team. At one point, an enemy drove out and into the line of bushes as well, about 50m away from me, and never saw me.

I think that's a good benchmark to go by.
Ascaloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-02, 03:27   Link #1255
Traece
:cool:

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoXiao View Post
I don't think the Churchill III gets up into any match above tier 6 though. Even then it can be a pain in the ass to any tank that doesn't have wicked armor.
The Church III can get put up a bit high but not "too high" to render it horribly obsolete. The thing I loved about my Churchill III is that once you grab the best gun for it you can do pretty consistent damage to most tanks. Even the higher tier tanks can get damaged by you, but not for a whole lot. Plus the Churchill for me had a habit of bouncing every enemy shot for periods of time and basically being a pain in the ass.

The next Churchill up does all that even better. :P The only real downside I have with the Church line is that they're very slow and have a lot of length. They're also extremely easy to track. With the higher Church you can end up in matches with the highest tiers and be largely useless, but I've had my moments of glory dealing with IX and X tier tanks.

For matchmaking, in my experience, the Churchills gravitate towards the top of the list. Not at all like my AMX 13 75 which is almost exclusively at the bottom of the list.
Old 2013-01-02, 04:51   Link #1256
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traece View Post
The Church III can get put up a bit high but not "too high" to render it horribly obsolete. The thing I loved about my Churchill III is that once you grab the best gun for it you can do pretty consistent damage to most tanks. Even the higher tier tanks can get damaged by you, but not for a whole lot. Plus the Churchill for me had a habit of bouncing every enemy shot for periods of time and basically being a pain in the ass.
Huh?

Churchill III is the premium one, right? Are you talking about Churchill I?
Old 2013-01-02, 04:58   Link #1257
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Speaking of Churchills, I hear all this whining about the Churchill VII being a bad tank... then I look at my Elite Churchill VII with Ace Tanker badge and 60% win rate and go "what are they talking about?".

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-02, 05:02   Link #1258
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Is it a mediocre tank, or a good tank that is hard to play?
Old 2013-01-02, 05:20   Link #1259
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

is Churchill a good heavy tank in general?

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-02, 05:21   Link #1260
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
Is it a mediocre tank, or a good tank that is hard to play?
A bit of both objectively leaning towards the latter. It's armor can bounce a lot of things thrown its way, but like everything else only if your enemy doesn't know where to aim. The VII is also gimped by its slow speed and power-to-weight ratio, which means your ability to respond to changing battlefield conditions is practically nonexistent; you cannot be relied upon to cap fast, change lanes or go back and defend. It gets more difficult if you're matched against Tier VII and Tier VIII battles where your enemies have guns that are most likely capable of penetrating your 152mm of armor, negating the VII's selling point.

If you can take full advantage of the Churchill VII's thick armor and resign yourself to the fact that you're gonna be slow as molasses, then it's a very good tank for pushing a breakthrough with your armor, or, when in high-tier battles, as a second-line support unit using the fast-firing 76mm to ping enemy weakspots and track them. Also, abusing your tracks' ability to take damage to complement your armor. I've had more Steel Walls with my Churchill VII than with any other tank save the T29. The Churchill VII's slowness also helps it in a way most people don't really realize: since you get to the front line later, most enemies already have other tanks in their sights, so you can have the pick of the litter of distracted enemies to kill (this is true of many slow tanks).

I've heard sidescraping works well for the Churchills, though I'm not well-practiced on that maneuver.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mmo games, war game, wargaming.net, world of tanks