AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Madoka Magica

Notices

Old 2013-07-04, 03:14   Link #3481
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

I had that issue a few days ago, but it seems to have cleared up.

And for such occasions, he posts a link to the actual video: http://blip.tv/sf-debris-opinionated...review-6611643
Old 2013-07-04, 13:18   Link #3482
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Its pretty surprising to see a guy like Chuck Sonneberg have such a positive reaction to Madoka Magica. This is a guy who basically is a solid normal sci-fi fan, and he has had bassically no prior experience with anime outside of a small number of reviews he's been asked to do for the Ghost in the Shell and Evangelion movies. He seemed to like Ghost in the Shell, but had average feelings for the Evangelion movies, but he seems to have LOVED Madoka Magica once he got over his first impressions about what kind of show it was.

Some people on another forum noted that he didn't do much to call out Homura's behavior early on, which lead many people to suspect that he was very strongly effected by her arc towards the end of the series, and didn't start reviewing it until after that. These last three reviews pretty much confirms that he has a HUGE amount of respect for Homura by the end of the series.

Also. I think we can add Chuck solidly to the Everyone hates Kyuubey team.

"Bunnycat is a dick."
Roger Rambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-06, 05:28   Link #3483
Laevatein

Since no-one linked to it yet, Episode 12 is up.

Also, for any fellow Aussies, the series is showing on ABC3 at 8.40 PM Saturday.
Laevatein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-30, 16:11   Link #3484
maximilianjenus
[E]

so, homura can finally be free of charges regarding killing oriko ?

theory:

Spoiler for simmetry diamond:
maximilianjenus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-11, 12:58   Link #3485
MartianMage

I have no idea which thread should this belong to so I'll just post this here:

http://seventhstyle.com/2013/09/11/u...orship-mobile/

Pretty awesome sculpture if you ask me.
Kyubey: Perhaps the same could be said of all religions.
Homura: Your words are as empty as your soul! Lolis ill-needs a savior such as you!
Kyubey: What is a loli? A miserable little pile of moe! But enough talk...have at you!
MartianMage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-12, 08:46   Link #3486
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

That's....actually pretty cool. I mean yeah, a lot of us would be completely embarrassed to drive that, but I really admire the dedication of people sometimes. This is clearly a person who loves Madoka! And it's really well made. Not fond of the paint job though....seems off. Could just be the picture.

Also, this would make for a HILARIOUS Pimp My Ride episode. Really, I just want to see Xzibit pimping a giant magical girl statue on the back of a van. What an amazing world that would be to live in.
Old 2013-09-12, 08:55   Link #3487
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
That is an awesome sculpture.

I actually like how it's just the back of the vehicle. It doesn't totally overwhelm the van and stand out like a sore thumb. If I didn't know about anime, and I came across this, I might think that this was a van for some radio station/DJ, and that this sculpture was like the company logo or something.
Old 2013-09-12, 12:17   Link #3488
Jimmy C

Thing is, that sculpture may be violating some traffic regulations about obstructing your rear view.
Jimmy C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-12, 12:23   Link #3489
MartianMage

Not really sure where this belongs so I'll just post this here:

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/inte...tumes-revealed
Kyubey: Perhaps the same could be said of all religions.
Homura: Your words are as empty as your soul! Lolis ill-needs a savior such as you!
Kyubey: What is a loli? A miserable little pile of moe! But enough talk...have at you!
MartianMage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-21, 23:48   Link #3490
LightDragonman

Man, what with all the merchandising and the like this series has gotten, I guess it is safe to say that this show pretty much rivals Evangelion in terms of appeal and mainstream public awareness, at least in Japan.

Also, I was scrolling though some critiques that some have for the series, and a source of criticism is that some dislike the fact that the show explained the source of magic and the like, feeling that it cheapened the system and mystery, and that the ending felt like a Reset Button happy ending cop-out that didn't fit the series. What do you guys say? Do you agree or disagree?
LightDragonman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-22, 00:06   Link #3491
Triple_R
*Author

I don't really mind the "revealing the source of magic" part. The magic still feels like magic, imo. Madoka Magica never went all mecha/techno-mage like Nanoha did, and that's the main thing for me.

And I've never understood criticisms of the ending. A deus ex machina is when something vague and/or inexplicable comes out of nowhere to save the day. But Madoka simply made a good wish, something that we all knew was a possibility right from Episode 2!

And I'll be frank - Some people really need to get over a downright sadistic and anti-human cynicism. This overwhelming love of "dark" for its own sake honestly worries me sometimes. Madoka Magica almost always had glimmers of hope in the darkness, and good people valiantly pushing forward to overcome bleak circumstances. There's nothing at all ill-fitting about a well-earned bittersweet ending emerging out of all of that.

Last edited by Triple_R; 2013-10-22 at 00:25.
Triple_R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-22, 09:37   Link #3492
maximilianjenus
[E]

but magic was not explained, the only explaination we got pretty much amount to "we don't know how magic works, jsut that it breaks physics".
Old 2013-10-22, 10:23   Link #3493
Triple_R
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by maximilianjenus View Post
but magic was not explained, the only explaination we got pretty much amount to "we don't know how magic works, jsut that it breaks physics".
Well, it was explained to the point of...

1. Organisms with emotions are capable of producing magic.

2. Humans lack the ability to get this magic out of themselves. But Incubators are able to get it out of humans.

3. Incubators draw the magic out of a girl through the process of wish-granting.

4. Magic use gradually corrupts a girl's Soul Gem. Without regular Grief Seed cleansing, magic use will ultimately cause a magical girl to become a witch.

That's pretty much all we know about it. So it's something, though it's certainly not as complex as, say, magic in Nasuverse is.
Old 2013-10-24, 13:23   Link #3494
Kimidori
The Opened Ultimate Gate

someone made a petition to change the official name of nebula NGC 6357 to the "Madokami nebula".

https://www.change.org/petitions/int...adokami-nebula

I really don't think they will success.
Old 2013-10-25, 01:56   Link #3495
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
I don't really mind the "revealing the source of magic" part. The magic still feels like magic, imo. Madoka Magica never went all mecha/techno-mage like Nanoha did, and that's the main thing for me.

And I've never understood criticisms of the ending. A deus ex machina is when something vague and/or inexplicable comes out of nowhere to save the day. But Madoka simply made a good wish, something that we all knew was a possibility right from Episode 2!

And I'll be frank - Some people really need to get over a downright sadistic and anti-human cynicism. This overwhelming love of "dark" for its own sake honestly worries me sometimes. Madoka Magica almost always had glimmers of hope in the darkness, and good people valiantly pushing forward to overcome bleak circumstances. There's nothing at all ill-fitting about a well-earned bittersweet ending emerging out of all of that.
This looks a bit happy though (maybe it's going to show them sinking first.... but I wasn't sure about that....)
Old 2013-10-30, 11:46   Link #3496
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Well this is funny.

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2013-10-30, 23:21   Link #3497
BeyondTheGrave007
anonymous

The opening song is so pretty.
BeyondTheGrave007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-07, 07:10   Link #3498
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

So, the third movie's nominated for an Oscar. lol
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-07, 10:58   Link #3499
maximilianjenus
[E]

no,it it is not; it is nominated to get a nomination.
Old 2013-11-08, 09:41   Link #3500
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

yeah, I forgot to add the "submitted for a nomination" part.
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
despair, hope, madoka magica, magical girl, urobuchi gen