Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Monogatari Series

Notices

Old 2009-12-28, 01:04   Link #441
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Quote:
Originally Posted by LotionExplosion View Post
I'm Guessing he doesn't want the wincest to be animated.
I don't know about you, but I would LOVE to see how Shaft handles the wincest scenes and the loli scene with shinobu in the bathtub. Truly a sight to behold. Either way, the wincest are best parts in the novels.
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-28, 01:16   Link #442
LotionExplosion
is in Despair

Quote:
Originally Posted by omimon View Post
I don't know about you, but I would LOVE to see how Shaft handles the wincest scenes and the loli scene with shinobu in the bathtub. Truly a sight to behold. Either way, the wincest are best parts in the novels.
*High Five*
OH yea, Although I've read some wincest scenes in this thread, but damn I wish there was more
LotionExplosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-28, 03:01   Link #443
Kunagisa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zetsubo View Post
huh ???????????????????????
Ok just finished, Nise 2, quite honestly, to me it is a disappointment.

Spoiler for Opinions with random spoilers:

Hopefully Kyonshi's better.

Last edited by Kunagisa; 2009-12-28 at 03:13.
Kunagisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-28, 15:14   Link #444
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Spoiler:
So...

Spoiler:
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-28, 16:14   Link #445
Zetsubo
著述遮断

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuopidget View Post
Ok just finished, Nise 2, quite honestly, to me it is a disappointment.

Spoiler for Opinions with random spoilers:

Hopefully Kyonshi's better.
I think the reason Nisio does that is artistic... Hitagi belongs to Koyomi now.

Not you, not the Otaku, Koyomi.

It think it is brilliant.

I bet, "why does Koymi get her to himself now ?" is what your subconsciously thinking.

It is like when one of your best femal friends gets serious or/ gets married to her lover and she no longer
  1. hangs out in your bedroom anymore
  2. no longer calls you at odd hours in the night
  3. no longer walks around in her under wear when your at her hom
  4. doesn't hug and kiss you playfull anymore
  5. no longer has casual sex with you for fun and relife.

You are going to miss that comfort.

I wonder if Nisio "lost" a female friend of his to her boyfriend or husband and translated that experience into the way he handels Hitagis' development in the novels ?

She eventually becoms happy and more distant from you... a treasure to the person who unearthed her. all to himself.

interesting do you not think ?
Zetsubo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-28, 16:29   Link #446
Kunagisa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
So...

Spoiler:
I don't think she cares, at least she never mentioned anything about his love interest (unlike a certain ghost).

Quote:

I bet, "why does Koymi get her to himself now ?" is what your subconsciously thinking.

It is like when one of your best femal friends gets serious or/ gets married to her lover and she no longer

I wonder if Nisio "lost" a female friend of his to her boyfriend or husband and translated that experience into the way he handels Hitagis' development in the novels ?

She eventually becoms happy and more distant from you... a treasure to the person who unearthed her. all to himself.

Very interesting, though I must admit, I didn't even think that far and I have to disagree because that the experience is not the same. Hitagi "belongs" to Koyomi the moment I finish reading Crabby, her personality shift has not changed that fact. She is a character I enjoy reading, but comparing her to my friend is a bit ... @___@.

It's more like ... say Goku has finally reached SSJ10, then all the sudden Toriyama go, "Sorry guys, he has aids, he can't go super saiyan anymore because that will activate his aids, and it's super aids, so that dragon balls can't even cure him." Ok well, not that extreme, but after seeing a character's cool side (or at least the side that you think is awesome), and all the sudden depriving that character's coolness, it is at least somewhat disappointing no (once again, my personal opinion on what constitutes as her coolness, others might see a tamed girlfriend as awesome sauce, so your mileage may vary~)?
Old 2009-12-28, 16:46   Link #447
Zetsubo
著述遮断

Quote:
it is at least somewhat disappointing no
Not really.

It is both awesome and dissapointing to me.

Awesome in that : Your imagination is left to fill in the rest... as in you mentally write the rest of the story. Fan fiction perhaps ?

Dissapointing in that : I wish he could gives a tiny little bit more. Why does Kanbaru get more story time and and not Hitagi ?

Let us see when koyomi brings her home.

How does she deal with his sisters?

How do they deal with her ?
Old 2009-12-28, 17:28   Link #448
Kunagisa

Quote:
Not really.

It is both awesome and dissapointing to me.

Awesome in that : Your imagination is left to fill in the rest... as in you mentally write the rest of the story. Fan fiction perhaps ?

Dissapointing in that : I wish he could gives a tiny little bit more. Why does Kanbaru get more story time and and not Hitagi ?

Let us see when koyomi brings her home.

How does she deal with his sisters?

How do they deal with her ?
Well I expect most of these to happen in Jiangshi or Neko, which is ... not in Nise 2, therefore ... I'm still disappointed in Nise 2?
Old 2009-12-29, 03:31   Link #449
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Quote:
I don't think she cares, at least she never mentioned anything about his love interest (unlike a certain ghost).

Very interesting, though I must admit, I didn't even think that far and I have to disagree because that the experience is not the same. Hitagi "belongs" to Koyomi the moment I finish reading Crabby, her personality shift has not changed that fact. She is a character I enjoy reading, but comparing her to my friend is a bit ... @___@.

It's more like ... say Goku has finally reached SSJ10, then all the sudden Toriyama go, "Sorry guys, he has aids, he can't go super saiyan anymore because that will activate his aids, and it's super aids, so that dragon balls can't even cure him." Ok well, not that extreme, but after seeing a character's cool side (or at least the side that you think is awesome), and all the sudden depriving that character's coolness, it is at least somewhat disappointing no (once again, my personal opinion on what constitutes as her coolness, others might see a tamed girlfriend as awesome sauce, so your mileage may vary~)?
I totally forgot about what Shinobou did when he met Mayoi that afternoon until you mentioned it again. From what I got she was jealous of her and that why she stopped him from sexually harassing her right?

BTW I love your SSJ10 comparion, and I totally agree. I personally see Hitagi as a charater unlike others believe she is like 100% pure chocolate, bitter as hell but still chocolate nevertheless. Now that she is doing a 180 on us...well we will just have to wait until a sequal comes out where she appears in her sweet side.
Old 2009-12-29, 03:46   Link #450
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Quote:

Well, I won't go as far as saying we are all thinking "she belongs only to Koyomi now". If anything more guys would be more interested in her. Think about it, Koyomi himself said that he is the only one insane enough to continue liking her even after she abusive ways, and that 99 out of 100 people would have dumped her a long time ago. Also, turning her like this was something Nisio HAD to do. Right from the beginning since Hitagi Crab we knew she hasn't completely recovered. The crab gave her back the memories of her mother and her feelings, but like a person who hasn't walked in 2 years, her ability to use those feelings were lacking.

Also, Hitagi before Nise was still stuck in her past. That's why she kept her long hair which her mother once praised her on. When she left her past she cut her hair in order to prove to herself that she is no longer bind to her past.

Last edited by omimon; 2009-12-29 at 10:10.
Old 2009-12-29, 06:53   Link #451
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
I think Nishio just lost the grasp of Hitagi's personality and eventually lost her tsundere side as well, turning into a normal and rather boring sweet girl. Maybe thats one of the main reason why we do not get much scenes from here. She is simply too boring for a good story, even for Nishio and he opts for other far much more interesting characters that still can dominated the plot just with their personalities alone.

Hitagi turned into a sweet girl, but at the same time it made her plain and far much less interesting, which eventually Nishio felt and just cannot find the place for the new her in his story.

It is not like Nishio is that great really. He does mistakes and his latest series is far from impressive (really mediocre) - I view the Hitagi personality shift to be one of the many mistakes he made and he seems like he cannot find the way to bring the old fire in her again. I do see the sense - the new sweet-boring self is the symbolic way to show that she became 'normal', but it does not seem to be clicking that well with the story, thats why she gets basically erased from the bigger parts of the story now.
Darknemo2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-29, 15:22   Link #452
Zetsubo
著述遮断

Um... isnt Tsubasa sweet ?

Isn't Kanbaru sweet ?

So what if Hitagi becomes less abusive and more "sweet" ?

Please rememebr that in middle school she was originally a sweet person.

She is returning to her original state ?

Is that not good ?

If anything I think Hitagi is more or less just happy and not "sweet" and fluffuy as I suspect some of you are thinking.

Kanbaru comes to mind .. or Tsubasa whom Hitagi has become good friends with and hitagi studied "under Tsubasa anyway... so if anything Her re-emergent personailty must be refreshing and Nisio may be saving it forthe other novels he has left.

Are they (koyomi and hitagi) not going to move in together when they leave high school... that should be fun.

Just relax yourselves people.

Man you guys sure are hard to please.
Old 2009-12-29, 16:05   Link #453
Kunagisa

Quote:
... Also, turning her like this was something Nisio HAD to do. Right from the beginning since Hitagi Crab we knew she hasn't completely recovered. The crab gave her back the memories of her mother and her feelings, but like a person who hasn't walked in 2 years, her ability to use those feelings were lacking ...
Pretty much this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darknemo2000 View Post
I think Nishio just lost the grasp of Hitagi's personality and eventually lost her tsundere side as well, turning into a normal and rather boring sweet girl ...
This is actually the 2nd worst case scenario. The worst case scenario is actually if Nishio ABANDONS Hitagi as a fun character (which is why she turned into dere-chan in the first place), and as you've said, she will definitely not appear as major character in the rest of the story.

Quote:

Is that not good ?
Pretty much it's not good, cause each character has its own selling point to me.

Hitagi: tsundere/queen/dominating
Charm: somewhat crazy line of thinking, super S, and razor edge tongue
Mayoi: loli
Charm: witty lines, jail bait
Kanbaru/Karen: dizzy/non-sensical
Charm: sportsy type, say stuff without thinking, lack common sense
Nadeko/Tsukihi: moe
Charm: basically you want take these two home and lock them up in a box and hug them whenever
Tsubasa: motherly/sweet
Charm: the token super reliable friend
HUB: silent/prideful (this is me not having Kizu yet, so might change after)
Charm: I will refrain from commenting because I haven't read Kizu but if I had to say anything it's because she is great in bed due to all age preferences available (ok totally just kidding here).

Basically, Hitagi's charm to most just got wiped, so yes it is bad, UNLESS the new dere type is actually awesome, WHICH as we've said, we will withhold judgment UNTIL we've read Kabuki and Neko.

Quote:
Just relax yourselves people.

Man you guys sure are hard to please.
MY QUEEN IS LOSING HER PLACE AS THE RIGHTFUL WAIFU IN HIS HAREM I CAN'T RELAXXXX (I lied, Nadeko is the hidden best end). Other Gahara-san fans like me are just worried that without her old personality, basically Nisio is setting up the story to shift the love interest more to Hanekawa and HUB.

Spoiler for Koyomi:
Old 2009-12-29, 19:06   Link #454
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Quote:
Pretty much this.

Spoiler for Koyomi:
Spoiler:
Old 2009-12-29, 19:18   Link #455
Zetsubo
著述遮断

You people.......... lol !

how can something you have never seen be bad ?

What is with the negative thinking.

It is so silly.

No wonder women frown on male Anime / Manga fans.

Our reactions can be so immature... lol

Like my reaction to Kanbaru... lol

I just read on some site that otaku in Japan forced a mangaka into seclusion for making her lead female non-virgin.
Old 2009-12-29, 19:24   Link #456
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Quote:
You people.......... lol !

how can something you have never seen be bad ?

What is with the negative thinking.

It is so silly.

No wonder women frown on male Anime / Manga fans.

Our reactions can be so immature... lol

Like my reaction to Kanbaru... lol

I just read on some site that otaku in Japan forced a mangaka into seclusion for making her lead female non-virgin.
Actually, Nagi being a non-virgin in unconfirmed...but I'll leave that for the Kannagi thread.

With that being said, Hitagi and Koyomi are now both non-virgins......hey maybe that's why she became "sweet" again.....I heard vampires can be really good in bed.
Old 2009-12-29, 19:37   Link #457
LotionExplosion
is in Despair

Quote:
Actually, Nagi being a non-virgin in unconfirmed...but I'll leave that for the Kannagi thread.

With that being said, Hitagi and Koyomi are now both non-virgins......hey maybe that's why she became "sweet" again.....I heard vampires can be really good in bed.
hmmm
Oh Girl ~
LotionExplosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-29, 19:47   Link #458
Zetsubo
著述遮断

Quote:

It is not Nagi I am talking about.

Some other lead female.

You know, when I meet Japanese girls that visit my country I have learned not to tell them I play games, read Manga/ and watch Anime.

When I did that, in the past, I would get dirty looks... ever so slight, before they put on the pleasant "ooh sugoi" face. I

New reason...

Japanese girls : So how do you know about Japan.
Me : I have started study in economics and money management. Japan is the number 2 economy in the world next to USA. So I want to keep up todate about the money market.

With that explanation they draw closer and keep the conversation going. I even get email address. just because they hear I study money... and not Electrical Engineering which is my real path of study.

Most of these girl only end being playmates while they are here thought. when they go back home the contact stops (which is normal for these kinds of Japanese women)

If they return 3 years later, I get called again.... more play time.

I swear they are an enigmatic bunch of women.
Old 2009-12-30, 02:36   Link #459
ickem
シェリルの為に!

This thread's been pretty active lately it seems.
Spoiler for Nise 2:

With that said though, I still find Nise 2 to be the weakest of the novels.

「ほら、私が、私の家で、二人きりで、昼となく夜となく、散々面倒見てあげたじゃない」
「………………」
 何故わざわざそんな言い方をする……。
 父親のいるところで、父親不在のときに家で二人きりになった話題など……。
ickem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-30, 03:52   Link #460
Kunagisa

Quote:
Originally Posted by ickem View Post
This thread's been pretty active lately it seems.
Spoiler for Nise 2:

With that said though, I still find Nise 2 to be the weakest of the novels.
That is so true!!! I laughed hard reading that part myself then I started raging and facepalming @__@.

Tags
adventure, comedy, fantasy, harem, nishio, romance