Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2020-06-14, 16:13   Link #381
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liddo-kun View Post
Episode 11:

perhaps having read the novel and manga dampened these scenes a bit for me, but anyway, still a decent episode.
You could be right. It's not as emotional for me either after the 4th view. I loved that episode.
Old 2020-06-14, 16:43   Link #382
Chosen_Hero

Am I the only one that was bothered by the Prince kissing Catarina while she was passed out? I mean, I understand that it's supposed to be emotional and what not, but after all we have seen about him it just felt like he took advantage of the situation and it just felt wrong, especially considering he was the only one to do so.
Old 2020-06-14, 18:08   Link #383
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chosen_Hero View Post
Am I the only one that was bothered by the Prince kissing Catarina while she was passed out? I mean, I understand that it's supposed to be emotional and what not, but after all we have seen about him it just felt like he took advantage of the situation and it just felt wrong, especially considering he was the only one to do so.
She wasn't swallowing with just pouring liquid in her mouth so he accomplished 2 objectives.
Old 2020-06-14, 19:09   Link #384
Dark Wing

Quote:
Are we really going to pull the whole sleeping beauty is problematic thing?
Old 2020-06-15, 16:03   Link #385
Frontier

Quote:
While I think his actions can be seen as problematic, ultimately I think his intentions were purely to help keep her alive. Anna wasn't able to get her to drink water so he took the only option he felt would for sure get her the nutrients she needed to stay alive.
Old 2020-06-15, 18:01   Link #386
Blueknight78

Quote:
it's looks like you are really the only one, again "more triggers" this is a fiction and he is her fiance which means they could already having kisses, the only thing holding him is her "big monstrous "denseness which make her unable to recognize and action of love toward her and he actually have a lot of respect for her and as the others told he did it, because he saw the problems with her not proper eating or drinking then it was a despair action, but nowadays we are in the age of "trigger" and anything now must be a a horrible and condened action and let's go twitter destroy peoples.

i'm not saying which you can't dislike it but just because you don't liked it or disliked this don't means whcih everyone must feel triggered or it was supposed to be see like that, it will be for each person to decide stuffs.

If things keep going like that we not gonna see "anything anymore" because in the end "everything will be "offensive" for someone, then no more drama, no more romance, no more comedy, horror, action, because everything is ofensive in a way.
Old 2020-06-15, 23:24   Link #387
dmaxzero

The prince kissing Bakarina, I dont remember if that was in the LN. But if it wasnt, I find it a nice touch. The guy is head over heels about her, and I didnt find any malicious intent in how it was shown and delivered.
*mod snip*

Last edited by LKK; 2020-06-16 at 10:02. Reason: Removed spoiler. Future content is not allowed in anime threads, not even under spoilers.
dmaxzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-06-20, 12:05   Link #388
Tohsaka
Magus

Season 2 has been announced.
https://twitter.com/AIR_News01/statu...87002335457281
Tohsaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-06-20, 14:17   Link #389
frodonk
Master of Killing Time

Quote:
I had the same thoughts the first time I saw that scene, but then I thought the context really didn't mean that the prince took advantage of the situation just to steal a kiss, it was really his intention to give her that medicine/water.

As for the series as a whole:

I admit I was really hyped up for this one because of the first episode, I thought the premise was very interesting and the series could go many places with it, but then it kinda fizzled out when it became clear that everyone around bakarina would get conquered and she wouldn't really be in grave danger of the doom flags she was so terrified of.

I would've guessed that at some point there would be an opposing force that would've been fighting against bakarina's attempts to remove doom flags, maybe a character that was unknowingly setting up doom flags for her, but not so dark as an active and intentional force that's out to make sure bakarina's going to end up with one of the game's bad ends. Obviously this didn't happen.

Then we got the maid sidequest, which was a nice touch, even if there wasn't any danger for her there, then we got the acchan arc, which was again very touching, though there was that plot hole regarding acchan's actions during the dream sequence, then finally the serious dick arc, which by that point we all know will work out well for bakarina and can only be described as a minor inconvenience due to acchan's unique and op superpower of game spoilers.

The lack of any real conflict or danger was more than made up for with the comedy in this series though, and I guess that's the main draw of this series anyway, so in the end it still delivered, kinda

As for what s2 will be about.. I guess the anime is also following the source material route? A series that got too popular and everyone was clamoring for a continuation even if the story really ended here? I just hope the continuation is of the same quality as was covered this season!
frodonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-06-20, 15:08   Link #390
Frontier

Sirius...I mean, Raphael, truly had a tragic backstory. Born from the affair of his mother and a marquis (the seriousness of the relationship up for debate), his mother is murdered and he's forced to have the memories and life of his dead half-brother, and gets possessed by a spirit of vengeance of the one who helped perpetrate the deed. Some serious stuff .

Whatever you claims you can make about Catarina, she has never made herself out to be more then she is. She doesn't think of herself as the Main Heroine (even though she is now), just a girl in the body of a Villainess trying to do what she can for those around her. And sometimes that's enough .

You want to see a true Villainess? Look at the marquess and all the crimes she committed out of spite and desperation to revive her son. Thankfully she was exposed and arrested and now can properly face justice for what she did to Raphael and his mother (and that dark magic user she killed on-top of that) .

I thought this was medieval times but they're covering up those crooks in their handcuffs like this takes place in Japan .

Catarina in that blue dress! She may not be very aware of it, but she's a knockout .

There've been 19,800 of these Bakarina Council meetings? She's consulted these idiots that much throughout her life? Explains so much .

Man, Maria basically confesses to Catarina and says she's practically gay and Catarina can't take a single hint. And everyone else basically declares they want to stay with her for the rest of their lives too. I've seen dense, but boy is she dense .

The "Friendship Route?" Yeah, okay Catarina, you keep telling yourself that...because it's definitely not friendship that keeps this group together. But at least she's not delusional about doom flags anymore or obsessing about the game events, and acknowledges the plot has completely changed

Figures that Raphael wouldn't face any serious punishment because, compared to the marquess, he never really hurt anybody, at least in a serious and major extent. And now he can properly join the Harem. You know the Harem is self-aware when they can pinpoint a new rival in the making .

Finishing the series with the Opening felt very fitting, showcasing Catarina's experience with the main cast in their child and teen forms along with Anna and Raphael. I also liked the touch that they showed Acchan during her portion of the Opening and finished with the Harem .

Now onward to season 2! I knew the show was doing well, but a season 2 announcement so soon was unexpected, but welcome. It'll be interesting to see what the show does now that the main conflict has basically been resolved and all that's left are classic Harem Hijinks for Catarina to get involved in. I imagine that blue-haired guy running Raphael ragged will be relevant .
Old 2020-06-20, 16:57   Link #391
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber
*IT Support

More Bakarina is always a good thing.
stray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-06-20, 18:02   Link #392
Nivek von Beldo

We got a second season, hope to see what will come next, wonder if Bakarina will panic thinking she now have to live an unplayed fortune lover sequel.

That stinger at the end was so funny.
Nivek von Beldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-06-20, 18:47   Link #393
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

So... why did Raphael want to get rid of Catarina in the first place? That was never explained. I'm going to assume the dude inside him considered her a distraction because Raphael was falling in love with her so he forced him to do this.

We know where all the food Bakarina eats go now. Anne should have made extra room around the chest, not the stomach. Like, damn.

So there was a reverse harem ending in the game too. That's what she got and more, since even girls are included. I wonder what Bakarina's next obsession will be now that she's successfully avoided her doom. Maybe the sequel will focus more on the other characters' obsession with her instead.
Old 2020-06-20, 18:57   Link #394
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

According to Bakarina that wasn't the harem ending (where Maria wins every single male character) but the friendship ending (where Maria fails to romance any single male character), so that would be the worst possible ending you can get the in the game, but it turns out to be the best for the villainess.

It's strange though that this was never mentioned before, didn't "all paths lead to doom"?

BTW there are 2922 days in 8 years, and the latest one we've seen was the 19800th council meeting, that means she had around 6-7 meetings per day on average, that's impressive.

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-06-20, 19:09   Link #395
dmaxzero

Bakarina is made of Osmium.
Osmiurina? No? Ok, I take my leave.
dmaxzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-06-20, 20:07   Link #396
Meophist

If a "friendship ending" for Fortune Lover existed, I think Catarina wasn't aware of it. Catarina only came to that conclusion since it's a thing that exists in other otome game, so there's a chance it exists in Fortune Lover as well.

Catarina doesn't have full knowledge of the game, she was still in the middle of playing when she died.
Meophist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-06-20, 20:21   Link #397
Wandering Soul

Silly Bakarina, that's not the friendship ending. That's the reverse harem ending, only Maria isn't the one getting the ending.

Come to think Raphael had no real reason to target Bakarina. Had he left her out of it, he may have succeeded in his revenge.
Old 2020-06-20, 21:29   Link #398
Frontier

I thought Raphael went after Catarina out of resentment for her helping people with their emotional problems to such a degree while he was still wallowing in his revenge plot...?
Old 2020-06-21, 04:28   Link #399
Random14

I'm not sure its intentional, but when the Bakarina is going off to her "final battle" and going on about doom flags, Anne just takes it all in stride by now.

That's a messed up backstory, having his mind almost overwritten by dark magic. But dark magic is no match for Bakarina. I like it more when the story gets back to Bakarina's harem antics (and I liked seeing the Bakarina council again). Like how she sold her toy snake since she's past all the game events now (wonder if that was another of her backup plans in case she was exiled, sell the toy to make money).

That was a pretty good show. A few filler episodes but they weren't too bad at least. Especially how even though somehow she still ended up at the "accused" event her harem knows she's too stupid to have done anything like that, that was a highlight.

I'm not sure what the next season could cover, things already seem pretty wrapped up, but seeing Bakarina's harem bickering over her should still be pretty fun.
Random14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-06-21, 05:14   Link #400
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Not just the harem. Even the public at large was pretty convinced by the "she's too stupid for it" argument...
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
reincarnated mc, reverse harem