AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2021-10-22, 19:14   Link #1041
dmaxzero

Spoiler for Episode:

Jokes aside, not sure what to think. I feel episode 11 was so perfect and now things continue more or less like usual. Still good episode. I am just being nitpicky.
dmaxzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-10-23, 12:04   Link #1042
Frontier

I love how Shin still hates paperwork so much he just has Fido hand him forms he signs without even looking them over. Lena would be so disappointed .

The Frederacy is preparing for a large-scale Legion offensive and need to prioritize their best chance at fighting back against the Legion...which just turns out to be the Eighty-Six and their new units, even if they're combat effectiveness against the Legion leaves a lot of fallen bodies in its wake as they're the only ones who survive .

Bernholdt seems like a pretty straightforward guy, being pretty open and honest about Shin and accepting Shin's just...well, Shin, while still operating in a standard military way despite whatever Shin says. He seems like a handy guy to have around. I think he and Raiden would get along .

Figures you get a kid in a military base she'll drowsily wander around in nothing but a shirt. Pretty embarrassing for a "lady" like Frederica, but luckily she's got siblings like the Eighty-Six who will take care of her and then bust her chops for it .

Juggernaut...Reginlief....I mean, it's more or less the same at the end of the day as Grethe finds out the new prototpye she developed was basically a living coffin that the team is only able to pilot so well because they had no choice, but Shin at least finds it acceptable so take from that what you will .

So Grethe was a soldier pretty young, like Spearhead, but eventually she lost a lot of comrades because of how slow the main Frederacy's units are, which inspired her to try and improve their units to make them more combat effective and protect more lives. The Frederacy puts up a lot of platitudes and ideals without understanding what the Eighty-Six really want or went through, but I think Grethe's concern is genuine .

It turns out the Frederacy has contacted other surviving nations...but not the Republic. You can tell the team were all looking at Shin to see how he'd react, especially if he was thinking of Lena .

Well, Shin warned them there are probably going to be way more Legion than they were prepared for, but because they don't know about his ability (and the team don't trust the Frederacy enough to tell them), they dismiss it. This won't end well .

You can tell Eugene's death is still weighing on Shin, at least as much as all the other death that he's been carrying with him for years. He doesn't think others need to shoulder that burden, but it's not one that hasn't effected him, as stoic as he likes to present himself .

So it turns out Frederica's "knight" is a distant relative of Shin, Kiriya Nouzen, who was basically Frederica's caretaker and a more straightlaced, rule-abiding, happy guy than Shin...at least until the rebellion of Giad happened and he went crazy trying to protect Frederica, only to lose it and give up on life when he was told (like the public) that Frederica was dead. And then the Legion got him .

Can Shin believe in the future? Is there anything past fighting the Legion worth believing in? But Frederica asking Shin about it was enough to remind Shin of Lena, and he actually smiles and looks wistfully at the moon, and even when Raiden asks him about her he gets pretty quite and sullen, even for Shin. She still weighs on him...

And speaking of Lena, we finally see her again in the Ending, still trying to prepare for the Grand Scale Legion offensive in her own way, and maybe in her own way thinking of Shin .
Old 2021-10-23, 12:22   Link #1043
sierra117
Harem Seeker

I pretty sure Fido was also the that SIGN those documents. That’s quite dexterous for such big and crude robotic arm
“If you were a logical person with refinement then it was obvious to prefer matureness over immatureness, abundance over lacking. Lolita complex is a mental illness, everyone. I hope you are able to go to your nearest mental hospital and get a suicide check-up.”
-Dantalian, Dungeon Defense-
sierra117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-10-23, 18:57   Link #1044
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

It never occurred to me until this episode but didn't the Republic develop the Para-raid because the Legion is jamming regular means of communication? Why is it that the Federacy doesn't have that problem? They were even able to contact other nations (that's when it clicked).

Shin says Frederica reminds him of his former self but while they do share a similar goal/burden (putting to rest a loved one), their way of life couldn't be more different, as Frederica is looking toward the future, something Shin is barely starting to do. Raiden is apparently well aware of the differences between them.
Old 2021-10-23, 19:09   Link #1045
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

I took it as that Shinei feels that he was like Frederica before he was almost strangled to death by his older brother.

As for the jamming, I don't know, maybe the Legion only jams Saint Magnolia for some reason? They did say that they tried to contact them and failed.

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-10-23, 19:53   Link #1046
Gerard07

Watching the episode, Shin lets Fido do the paperwork that suits him, Federica acts like a little sister and adds a comic touch to the episode, it looks like a full-scale fight is coming and Shin hasn't told the country his power . to "hear voices". which is probably the best thing for him since then or if they couldn't turn him into a guinea pig, in order to hope that Lena will appear soon in the next chapters.
Gerard07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-10-23, 21:33   Link #1047
sierra117
Harem Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
It never occurred to me until this episode but didn't the Republic develop the Para-raid because the Legion is jamming regular means of communication? Why is it that the Federacy doesn't have that problem? They were even able to contact other nations (that's when it clicked).
They do have that problem
Their communication did get jammed, and the contact with other nations was the first contact after a decade since the war started, and only possible because that was through some regions either newly reclaimed or have thin Legion presence, so the jamming lessened
“If you were a logical person with refinement then it was obvious to prefer matureness over immatureness, abundance over lacking. Lolita complex is a mental illness, everyone. I hope you are able to go to your nearest mental hospital and get a suicide check-up.”
Old 2021-10-23, 23:29   Link #1048
Yazi88

Yeah, because the Federacy gained more and more territory fighting the Legion, they were finally able to make communication with the other 2 countries in the North and South.

Federacy also has much better resources than the Republic. Republic is quite behind in just about everyway. So much so they don't even have any touch pad electronics. The only and ONLY thing the Republic developed was the Para-Raid system and that was because of Shin's family abilities and other espers, and a lot of human experimentation.
Yazi88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-10-23, 23:44   Link #1049
Random14

Of course the Federacy characters have to keep going on about thinking about a future, but then the 86 are just going through the motions. Its understandable that they don't trust the Federacy too much, especially with Shin's ability, just sad seeing them still aiming for that "go out fighting" end they had expected after their "special recon", its just taking longer than any of them had expected. But then that ties into them not wanting to burden Shin further, who did still try to warn the Federacy.

Nice to see Lena, even for just a moment, she's mostly alone but she's much more motivated. Well, she has a somewhat concrete goal (even though her circumstances probably look even more hopeless) unlike her former squadron.

Its almost funny how effective the Juggernaut turned out to be for a coffin (and was probably a rushed job meant for cannon fodder), but then a big part of that was the 86's skill and desperate situation, and the Federacy can't copy that so quickly, even if they did throw out all ethics.

Last edited by Random14; 2021-10-24 at 00:15.
Random14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-10-24, 02:08   Link #1050
Kakurin
大佐

Quote:
Of course they have the same problem. Anju and Theo brushed this topic in episode 2 when talking about the cell phone, how the Federacy was very interested in their Para-Raid devices since their wireless communication devices appear to get jammed easily.

And as others have already said, they were only able to re-establish contact with the other nations recently after years of warfare and battlefield success in reclaiming territory from the Legion, probably clearing up enough ground, weakening the Legion's jamming network.
Old 2021-10-24, 07:54   Link #1051
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierra117 View Post
They do have that problem
Their communication did get jammed, and the contact with other nations was the first contact after a decade since the war started, and only possible because that was through some regions either newly reclaimed or have thin Legion presence, so the jamming lessened
The anime should have told us that. It would have only required 1 minute.
Old 2021-10-24, 08:26   Link #1052
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

Quote:
The anime should have told us that. It would have only required 1 minute.
But they told it around ep. 2. It is just easy to miss.
Nachtwandler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-10-24, 09:15   Link #1053
Twi

I've finally woken up and done my review. As per usual, here are some of the missing details:

Spoiler for Missing Content:
Old 2021-10-24, 09:38   Link #1054
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yazi88 View Post
Yeah, because the Federacy gained more and more territory fighting the Legion, they were finally able to make communication with the other 2 countries in the North and South.

Federacy also has much better resources than the Republic. Republic is quite behind in just about everyway. So much so they don't even have any touch pad electronics. The only and ONLY thing the Republic developed was the Para-Raid system and that was because of Shin's family abilities and other espers, and a lot of human experimentation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Random14 View Post
Nice to see Lena, even for just a moment, she's mostly alone but she's much more motivated. Well, she has a somewhat concrete goal (even though her circumstances probably look even more hopeless) unlike her former squadron.
Yeah, the Federacy isn't aware of just how much of an onslaught they're in for but they're at least more prepared than the Republic whose only saving grace is a teenage girl having to work in-spite her own military structure alongside the people they cast off to protect them from the Legion that apparently have them utterly surrounded.
Old 2021-10-24, 21:02   Link #1055
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

...Uhh... Say what?
I'm sorry, but Kuno's loli voice trying to be serious and using lots of series-specific terminology really keeps me from understanding what she is saying.
I guess maybe she's trying to say that after the crazy stupid brother boss, we are gonna get her crazy stupid servant boss next?

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-10-24, 22:36   Link #1056
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
...Uhh... Say what?
I'm sorry, but Kuno's loli voice trying to be serious and using lots of series-specific terminology really keeps me from understanding what she is saying.
I guess maybe she's trying to say that after the crazy stupid brother boss, we are gonna get her crazy stupid servant boss next?
The Legion seems to have a thing for the Nouzen family .
Old 2021-10-30, 00:22   Link #1057
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
Spoiler for Image:

Reginleif stats

Spoiler for Image:

Western Army command structure. Note the military symbols used.

Spoiler for Image:

Yep. She in trouble now.

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island

Last edited by Yu Ominae; 2021-10-30 at 01:33.
Yu Ominae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-10-30, 12:05   Link #1058
Frontier

The Legion have been on standby, but finally receive orders to attack all fronts and nations from a unit dubbed "No Face," and they start to make their move...but that voice sounds familiar .

Shin knows what's coming and even he's sweating under the implications of the amount of Legion they have to fight, and their voices are weighing on him, but he's not going to just let the Federacy get caught completely unawares so he gets his squadron moving immediately, even at the point of threating someone with a gun. Very direct, that Shin .

Well, on the one hand, Grethe's faith in the Eighty-Six and the Reginleif was rewarded, but on the other hand...Shin definitely has some explaining to do .

The Legion proceed to deliver an onslaught to the Federacy, and it all goes to heck, but thankfully the Eighty-Six and their units are there to fight in their element and fend the Legion off with the Reginleif's. Shin is Shin, Anju is going full Macross, Kurena is like the heavy artillery, and Theo is moving like he's in the Survey Corps. Although even then they still have only fought off the first dispatch of Legion and not the main force .

Fredderica connects with Shin and realizes he's becoming like Kiriya, fighting with reckless abandon and without any care for himself, throwing himself right in front of the Legion and only caring about the fight no matter the consequences. Poor Frederica can't help but watch again as she loses someone she cares about to battle .

And now we turn our attention back to The Repupblic which is celebrating it's festival day and being business as usual...until the Legion start to invade and have already destroyed the wall holding them back, and Lena is the only who realizes how screwed they are .

Lena goes off to rally the Eighty-Six and the sympathetic Alba's to make their stand, but she gets grabbed by uncle of the year Karlstahl. He doesn't believe the Eighty-Six have any reason to continue fighting for the Republic and won't help them, and even if they do because the Republic still has stuff they need, they'll probably do worse to the Albans anyways (real believer in humanity, that Karlstahl). But even so...Lena will believe in them and will continue to fight, carried on by the last words Spearhead left to her and the resolve she found in her experience with them .

And, to Karlstahl's credit, while he believes Lena's ideals will crush her and crumble under the weight of reality, he will go out there and fight with nothing but a rifle to protect her and keep her safe. I many not like the man or appreciate his opinions, but he wanted to defend his niece and go out on his own terms. And Lena finally calls him "uncle" again and salutes him .

Lena sends out the call to all processors as they begin steps to rally in District 1 and fend off the Legion...only for it turn out that Kiriya's unit was there and basically ravaged the Republic. Not that the Eighty-Six seem all that worked up about it, but then Kiriya's unit turns up in the Federacy to finish them off and launches a heavy artillery strike right near where the team is and we're left with a massive cliffhanger as Shin tries to protect Frederica .
Old 2021-10-30, 12:12   Link #1059
gecd
Cah Gunungkidul

wow
the first 15 minutes is the best animation I watched in this year

0% alcohol, 80% ginger syrup, 10% love, 10% GALAU!!
gecd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-10-30, 14:24   Link #1060
sierra117
Harem Seeker

“Bloody Reina to all Processors on all fronts!”
I got goosebumps every time i read that line ��������

Tags
harem, mecha, politics, sci-fi