AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2020-08-07, 21:12   Link #6461
The Green One

Problem is they don't have a reserve member to act as a stand in. I doubt she can get to the doctor, get anything that would actually help, and get back in time for her match. It was her dream to get here and for it all to come crashing down like this would be heartbreaking for her. Not to mention the personal anguish of "letting down her team." by risking getting them likely disqualified if she's unable to participate and there's no stand in. She's probably going to try to hide it and try to fight through the pain. Which is not a smart thing from a health perspective which I imagine is going to be the drama for her chapters.
Old 2020-08-08, 01:23   Link #6462
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

uh... huh.... I know physical injury is a staple of sports anime but so far Saki had avoided using the outside present drama as part of its matches. All the character problems so far were either about overcoming their pasts or overcoming themselves... so in a sense I guess they are mixing up the formula. Not sure how I feel about this though
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-08-08, 21:41   Link #6463
The Green One

Yep the ol painkillers and fighting through the pain routine.

Well lets see if Mako has anything worthwhile to show us. Somehow I think she's going to suffer from her weakest presence on the team syndrome. Hisa is going to have one hell of a mess to deal with when it's finally her turn in December of 2021.
Old 2020-08-09, 00:39   Link #6464
AP24

I can guess that at the end of Hisa's match she will collapse which will lead to Nodoka and Saki gaining a power up
AP24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-08-09, 03:31   Link #6465
Arcorann

From a Japanese blogger that I follow (slightly adjusted TL):

"Ritz-sensei.

Could you stop growing the breasts of the characters I like?

Toyone and Sumire are cute because they're tall but flat!!
I don't want them to be too big!
Instead, the big ones can grow bigger and bigger.
Even so, this week's Haramura Nodoka needs to be reined in a bit!"

I swear Nodoka's breasts have doubled in diameter since the start of the series.
Arcorann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-08-09, 09:27   Link #6466
King-Slayer

For being so smart, Hisa made a bad decision in my eyes. Anyway i'm excited to see the sergeant match and how they stack up in that game. Also, Mako has another really good chapter in her spinoff.
King-Slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-08-09, 09:30   Link #6467
King-Slayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Green One View Post
finally her turn in December of 2021.
If the sergeant match lasts that long then I'll be shocked as heck. That match usually gets the short end of the stick.
Old 2020-08-09, 10:33   Link #6468
Zezohyl

Hopefully the news about Miyanaga family in vice captain match will force Miyanagas to have some kind of confrontation, at this point, it'll take a few years to get to captain match and another more years before they would meet in the individuals competition.
Like · Reply · 53m
Zezohyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-08-10, 09:44   Link #6469
thenightsshadow

Quote:
Originally Posted by King-Slayer View Post
For being so smart, Hisa made a bad decision in my eyes.
Desperation makes people do crazy things.
thenightsshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-08-10, 15:37   Link #6470
King-Slayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenightsshadow View Post
Desperation makes people do crazy things.
Well that's true. I know she's scared of not being able to play but dang.
Old 2020-08-16, 09:44   Link #6471
Arcorann

Male Saki: so we have NODOKA instead of Nodocchi here? And Kyoutarou getting a soccer ball to the face -- he just can't catch a break can he?
Arcorann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-09-05, 15:28   Link #6472
King-Slayer

Ass first right out the gate lol. Sergeant match I guess starts next week.
Old 2020-09-27, 12:59   Link #6473
Kazu-kun

Yuzu and Chihi are already married as far as I'm concerned.

New Shinohayu chapter is out. Go grab it while it's hot.
Old 2020-09-28, 02:24   Link #6474
Marina2

Shino is really serious on everything about finding her mother. She went as far as learning German just to ask Nieman about her mother.
Old 2020-11-24, 15:00   Link #6475
Kokushi Musou

So i have been following this thread for years and years and read about all of your interesting discussions, reactions and analyses of basically everything that's been happening within the Saki universe, which i love very much! And finally i've decided to contribute to the thread myself.

I could talk for hours and hours about why i love this series so much but i don't want to spam this whole thread, so let me start off by saying that i feel pretty bad for Hisa. She's had a rough time already, considering her breakdown in the quarter finals and all, and now this happens?! Give the girl a break :O (lowkey want to see Mihoko patch her up tho)

I am rooting for Kiyosumi to win the final, but if they don't i actually kinda want Shiraitodai to win (even though it felt like Teru did all of the work in the semi-final). Is that weird? I can't help it though, Teru is my favourite girl. There is something about her quiet, mysterious vibe that just gets to me.

Anyway, I'll probably see all of you somewhere in december when the next chapter comes out XD
Kokushi Musou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-11-25, 11:13   Link #6476
Kazu-kun

If Kyosumi doesn't win, I'm sure Ritz will have Achiga win. It's clear she's got a hard on for them for some bizarre reason.
Old 2020-11-25, 13:43   Link #6477
Kokushi Musou

I wouldn't understand plotwise why Achiga would win. I'm 90% sure Kiyosumi will win the final, and here's why: this is Saki's story. For these past 10 or so years, we have been living this story together with Saki and everyone from the Kiyosumi mahjong club. It would only be logical for them to win the final, because that's where their journey has led to up until this point. I know the most important thing in the whole plot is that Saki gets to see Teru and that their fight/misunderstanding will get resolved; so obviously things will continue to the individual tournament, but them winning the final is part of Saki's story, at least that's how it feels to me.

It wouldn't make sense to me that Achiga would win the final, because we have already seen their own story, i.e. in Episode of side A. Correct me if i'm wrong, but i thought the most important factor for them (or at least Shizuno?) was to meet Nodoka in the finals. This will happen, so doesn't that sort of conclude their goal? (now that i think of it, i also remember the determination to play in the finals for the sake of their coach Harue)
I think that Achiga plays a super important role in Saki's story, but it's not their place to take the spotlight. They might just be the strongest opponent that Kiyosumi has to overcome, and we have seen how they came so far. And maybe that's all they're supposed to be.

I could be super wrong though, but let's just say that i will be disappointed if Kiyosumi won't win.
Kokushi Musou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-11-28, 09:11   Link #6478
The Green One

Lay off the Achiga whining already. You whine, moan, and complain about Ritz's supposed hard on for Achiga when you can arguably be considered to have just as much of a hate hard on for them. Achiga's story has more or less ended at this point with their goal achieved. Now they just happen to be present as the end of their story overlaps with Saki's. They're no longer the main characters anymore, just major characters. Let it go already.
Old 2020-11-28, 12:09   Link #6479
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Green One View Post
Achiga's story has more or less ended at this point with their goal achieved.
If that was true they wouldn't have re-started the Achiga series. Say what you will but Achiga is gonna win. You'll see.

Quote:
Let it go already
You don't have to read my posts.
Old 2020-11-28, 13:13   Link #6480
judasmartel
*Author

Wow, I've never seen a manga about a non-physical sport deal with injuries before.
judasmartel is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mahjong, nopan, seinen, sport, yuri