AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

View Poll Results: Nanoha - StrikerS - Episode 15 Rating
Perfect 10 7 16.28%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 9 20.93%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 18 41.86%
7 out of 10 : Good 7 16.28%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 4.65%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-07-09, 01:07   Link #121
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
You're already handling a pairing when you milk them.

And you just agreed that people can disagreed with the producers.
You missed the point. In fact you seem to do that a lot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
Forget going into the bathroom with Vivio, they've technically shared an indirect kiss.
Well, it would be worst if they share a kiss while he's in his human form.
Old 2007-07-09, 01:12   Link #122
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
You missed the point. In fact you seem to do that a lot.
"I don't think so. After all, those scenes were made as a treat to the NF fanbase; the producers want us to talk about it. Who are we to disagree with them?"

"The thing is that they don't handle pairings. Pairings are just fanservice, and have the sole purpose of milking the franchise as much as possible. The problem is when people take these so called parings to seriously."

Explain your hidden meaning.

You accept that they made those scenes as a treat to NF fans, yet you disagree that they have control over the pairings?
Old 2007-07-09, 01:14   Link #123
krisslanza
Sleep beneath the flowers

Wait, since when are pairings fanservice only? Pairings serve a purpose. If they were just fanservice then like... Kannazuki no Miko would be just fanservice.

Anyway. It's late over here. G' night all.
Old 2007-07-09, 01:21   Link #124
Aaron008R

Quote:
Forget going into the bathroom with Vivio, they've technically shared an indirect kiss.

The towel that Vivio used to wipe her face with was grabbed with Zafira's mouth... Eww.

Then again, Nanoha used to bite ferret!Yuuno too in her sleep, so...something similar?
Hey, at least it was in his animal form.

And it was still inderect. Compared to that, I got a direct one!
I remember the female dachschund we used to have. The little speed devil ran mouth-first into mine. YUCK!

OC Profiles
Yagami Hayate: ver. GenerationS; Part 1, Part 2
Old 2007-07-09, 01:24   Link #125
Kazu-kun

Quote:
You agree that they made those scenes as a treat to NF fans, yet you disagree that they have control over the pairings?
I don't even care about that. The point is that the pairings are just fanservice and so we shouldn't take them to seriously. That way we can talk about them without going into ship-wars and crap of the like.

Quote:
Originally Posted by krisslanza View Post
Wait, since when are pairings fanservice only? Pairings serve a purpose. If they were just fanservice then like... Kannazuki no Miko would be just fanservice.
Eh? We're talking about Nanoha here!!!
Old 2007-07-09, 01:31   Link #126
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
I don't even care about that. The point is that the pairings are just fanservice and so we shouldn't take them to seriously. That way we can talk about them without going into ship-wars and crap of the like.
No wonder I didn't get the point, that's a good jump from 'They don't handle pairings'.

So what should we take seriously?

Quote:
Eh? We're talking about Nanoha here!!!
You were refering to pairings as a general thing.
Old 2007-07-09, 01:44   Link #127
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
No wonder I didn't get the point, that's a good jump from 'They don't handle pairings'.

So what should we take seriously?
Isn't this what you called the "Everybody is one big family of VERY GOOD FRIENDs?"

The staff has control on whatever the Nanoha franchise will extend itself to, but if within-series indications are anything...this whole mama-thing with Vivio, and them sharing a bed, or spending 3 hours at night doing last-minute paper work before sleep are no definitive indication that Nanoha and Fate are a legitimate pairing. Like one once said, Nanoha and Fate are platonic life-friends who's been through a lot together, it's not strange at all for them to be like this and are not a couple.

Likewise, Yuuno and Nanoha. We aren't given much fanservice of them together, but it's clear that they're no less good friends than Nanoha and Fate. Among stuff like that. NF has higher demand value from the masses, and that's why we're getting more of their relationship as far as interaction goes, but just because NF outnumber another doesn't demean the value of YN. Because that's the way Nanoha (( literally and figuratively )) rolls.

It should only be taken seriously once things really extend beyond fanservice... like say... Chrono and Amy's wedding. That's no fanservice, that's the hammer or relationship canon.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Old 2007-07-09, 01:48   Link #128
Key Board
Carbon

I'll just say that certain people need to stop being awfully bitter when their shipping doesn't go their way.

Or at least keep it to the, I don't know? *gasp* pairing thread?
Old 2007-07-09, 01:50   Link #129
BPHaru

Thanks Kazu-kun, I just noticed that KimiNozo, Nana, Saikano, Kannazuki no Miko, Hachimitsu to Clover and a great many others are not Romance-Drama, but fanservice-fanservice
Old 2007-07-09, 01:56   Link #130
Kazu-kun

Quote:
You were refering to pairings as a general thing.
No at all. the line "milking the franchise" sets the context.

Now, back to the topic.

I know this is the wrong thread but it's related to the same topic (Vivio) so... I recall having read in the thread for episode 14 that Fate was the one who signed as Vivio's legal guardian. Can someone confirm this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPHaru View Post
Thanks Kazu-kun, I just noticed that KimiNozo, Nana, Saikano, Kannazuki no Miko, Hachimitsu to Clover and a great many others are not Romance-Drama, but fanservice-fanservice
Didn't I say we're talking about Nanoha? And btw, I love Kannazuki no Miko!!
Old 2007-07-09, 02:22   Link #131
Key Board
Carbon

Nanoha is the guardian 保護責任者

Fate is the one who adopted her on papers
Old 2007-07-09, 02:28   Link #132
BPHaru

Quote:
It should only be taken seriously once things really extend beyond fanservice... like say... Chrono and Amy's wedding. That's no fanservice, that's the hammer or relationship canon.
In my opinion Chrono marrying Amy has nothing to do with canon, it doesn’t matter at all if now in StrikerS he’s married or not, it’s only fanservice.
“Fanservice? How!? There aren’t any Chrono-Amy shippers!”, well, in A’s we had Nanoha, Fate, Chrono and Yuuno being paired one with each other, then in StrikerS IMHO we don’t have Chrono as possible pairing of anyone because he mysteriously is married now, and either Yuuno, who instead of work under Hayate with all the active characters from the previous series (even Zafira), he mysteriously got confined to a library, and then, who is left?
You can say that this succession of events between A’s-StrikerS was only with fanservice purposes if you think that Nanoha-Fate relationship is only fanservice, that is if you think that things like them rearing Vivio will not have any relevance in the actual plot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
Nanoha is the guardian 保護責任者

Fate is the one who adopted her on papers
I don't get the difference
Old 2007-07-09, 03:07   Link #133
Key Board
Carbon

assuming it is the same as in my country

a legal guardian is the one possessing legal authority over the care of a child
in a lot of countries the parent is the default legal guardian

but it can be assigned to someone else

person A is adopted and takes the family name of his step father
but person A's legal guardian is the uncle.

case 1;
step parent is say, a filthy rich oil baron with a hundred adopted sons. He is also very busy with his work. He legally assigns the care of person A to his uncle.

case 2:
should person A's step father pass away, the uncle has full responsibility over person A

In Erio's case. He is adopted by Lindy on papers, but his legal guardian is Fate.

Last edited by Key Board; 2007-07-09 at 03:18.
Old 2007-07-09, 03:46   Link #134
Ratler

Location: Currently Recovering in the TSAB Rehabilitation wing.
YAY just got my hands on the RAW ^^ Comments and observations
  1. that sparing match between Subaru and Ginga in the beginning was awesome ^^

2. The look on Ginga's face when she was placed as the leader of the forwards team for a mock battle was priceless (these are my guesses on what happened I don't speak enough Japanese to really know)

3. Aww Nanoha is like a perfect mother she knows when it is ok to let a child learn something and grow stronger *Sigh* but Fate still has a lot to learn it seams she is still babying Vivio a bit to much i think. .... I have no clue what that little "argument" was about but it made me Laugh^^

4. Can someone tell me what that argument/lets pick on Rein thing at the lunch table was about. And please tell me that Erio was not going to eat that huge bowl of salad by himself...

5. Yay for new ending ^^
Old 2007-07-09, 03:54   Link #135
Kazu-kun

Quote:

In Erio's case. He is adopted by Lindy on papers, but his legal guardian is Fate.
Wrong. At the time of Erio Fate couldn't sign because of her age (she couldn't be his legal guardian at the time), so Lindy did so instead. Erio didn't take the family name (so he wasn't adopted), and if later Fate became his legal guardian (which we don't know), that means Lindy transfered the legal authority to her.

With Vivio the case is different, because Nanoha can take full responsability of her. So whay would Fate be the one signing the papers. You said, "Nanoha is the guarding". Then why she didn't sign herself? It makes no sense. Also, do we really know that Fate adopted her?

EDIT: I found this:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thisguy View Post
- In N&F's bedroom, Fate tells Vivio that now she's a bit of Vivio's mama too, as she placed herself as legal guardian, to keep eye on relation between Nanoha and Vivio.
According to Thisguy, Fate is the legal guardian. So, now I'm more confused. If I have to guess, I'd say that Fate is the legal guardian, as thisguy says, and that she assigned equal legal authority to Nanoha. Can someone confirm this (a direct citation of the dialog would be nice). Maybe I should be patience and wait for the subs.

Last edited by Kazu-kun; 2007-07-09 at 04:18.
Old 2007-07-09, 03:55   Link #136
BPHaru

Quote:

case 1;
step parent is say, a filthy rich oil baron with a hundred adopted sons. He is also very busy with his work. He legally assigns the care of person A to his uncle.

case 2:
should person A's step father pass away, the uncle has full responsibility over person A

Thanks a lot for your explanation. In Fate and Nanoha case I think they do that way to have both legally realted to Vivio.

EDIT:
Quote:
With Vivio the case is different, because Nanoha can take full responsability of her. So whay would Fate be the one signing the papers. You said, "Nanoha is the guarding". Then why she didn't sign herself? It makes no sense. Also, do we really know that Fate adopted her?
lol, I'm confused now...
I think I would wait for the subs
Old 2007-07-09, 05:42   Link #137
holybell84

Fate is starting to be like Angelina Jolie; adopting lots of kids, only that I think she is hawter
Old 2007-07-09, 05:47   Link #138
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by holybell84 View Post
Fate is starting to be like Angelina Jolie; adopting lots of kids, only that I think she is hawter
That's because she's younger
Old 2007-07-09, 05:57   Link #139
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

Quote:

The towel that Vivio used to wipe her face with was grabbed with Zafira's mouth... Eww.

Then again, Nanoha used to bite ferret!Yuuno too in her sleep, so...something similar?
I think everyone missed the point of the posting! Nighty's saying "ZafiVio cr4ck pairing! :3" here, ne, Nighty-chan? :3
Old 2007-07-09, 06:00   Link #140
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha View Post
I think everyone missed the point of the posting! Nighty's saying "ZafiVio cr4ck pairing! :3" here, ne, Nighty-chan? :3
Nothing is impossible in Nightengale's Eyes

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
Closed Thread