AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

View Poll Results: Do you feel sorry for Orihime?
Yes 93 28.88%
A little 36 11.18%
Hell no 121 37.58%
Meh other characters have suffered more. 65 20.19%
Other 7 2.17%
Voters: 322. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-07-29, 19:00   Link #101
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Searcher View Post

I was talking more about the rest of the shinobi's, like rock lee, tenten etc.
I don't see the difference. Since both situations are talking about the strength of a group of characters compared to one single character.

Quote:
Isn't this spoilers, why haven't you used spoiler alerts.
I thought this thread had a [Manga] tag. Quick fix with the edit button. Of course the spoiler will still be there unless you add tags to your quote or a mod does it.
Old 2007-07-29, 20:42   Link #102
Sinaura
Fat Warlord

Quote:
Did I say that the japanese people are shallow? No.
I just meant the young japanese girls may find it easiers to indentify with rukia, because rukia looks more like a japanese.
Shallow - it means that a person is more attracted to someone based solely on the outside, you know, looks. So yes, by saying because Rukia looks more japanese, the japanese like her more than Orihime means that they're shallow.....but that was playful banter so w/e.

Quote:
When did I say anything about rukia's personalities? Nowhere!
I know you didn't say anything about her personality, that's why I put it in my post. The way you said Rukia is more popular in Japan is probably because she looks japanese, without mention a single thing about her personality and traits in comparison to Orihime's and thus adding that to the list of possibilities to why she is more popular than Orhime, instead of just the "because she looks japanese" thing. That's all, srry for the run on.

Quote:
How does rukia outshine Orihime? Isn't Orihime honorable, has strength and has respectable qualities, the same as rukia.
To me both of them are the same.
Imo Rukia has been the better, but opinions will always clash!
Old 2007-07-30, 11:59   Link #103
Searcher
RRR/Kotori/Tessa Servant

Quote:
by Sabaku Kyu
I don't see the difference. Since both situations are talking about the strength of a group of characters compared to one single character
What I mean is that Naruto the rest of the character have grown in personalities and strength.
They are able to support Naruto with attacking the hencemen that the main baddy has.

In Bleach, Orihime/Sado/Ichida are not even strong even to attack the lowest hencemen without getting their butt kicked.
And even with their power up, as you said, Sado still gets his butt kicked.
I wish that Sado/Ichida would get so strong that they can attack and kill stronger enemies.

Quote:
by Sabaku Kyu
I thought this thread had a [Manga] tag. Quick fix with the edit button. Of course the spoiler will still be there unless you add tags to your quote or a mod does it
Sorry, I overlooked the word "manga", still since I don't read the manga, could you please, pretty please, keep the spoilers to a minimum for me

Quote:
by Sinaura
The way you said Rukia is more popular in Japan is probably because she looks japanese, without mention a single thing about her personality and traits in comparison to Orihime's and thus adding that to the list of possibilities to why she is more popular than Orhime, instead of just the "because she looks japanese" thing. That's all, srry for the run on
Of course, I didn't mentioned about rukia's personality and traits in mine post.
That's included in the name rukia, otherwise I would have said that the cartoonpicture is more popular in japan.

Quote:
by Sinaura
Imo Rukia has been the better, but opinions will always clash!
Why? with all respect.
In what way.
She bugged the hell out of me when she was in jail in the SS arch.
2006-09-13, 02:28
The Searcher became a Legend!111 - (to)Arimfe

Quote from the Legendary!111 Searcher
"My heart is big enough for all the girls that lost"
Old 2007-07-30, 14:21   Link #104
Genroku

I feel a bit sorry for her I mean she suffered just as much as the other chars like Urryu and Ichigo and shes seen her brother die twice lmao sorry..... umm but on top of that shes currently useless only thing she can do is heal and have barriers. So for her life and being utterly useless as of now I do feel sorry for her
Old 2007-07-30, 14:50   Link #105
Sinaura
Fat Warlord

Quote:
Of course, I didn't mentioned about rukia's personality and traits in mine post.
That's included in the name rukia, otherwise I would have said that the cartoonpicture is more popular in japan.

This is what you said.
Quote:
And the reason that rukia is so popular in japan isn't so strange because she looks like a japanese, unlike Orihime.
So yeah, you did say that the cartoonpicture is more popular, which is why I added the characteristic parts. In no sense in this post did you refer, even imply that her characteristics could be the reason for her popularity, just how she "looks".

Quote:
Why? with all respect.
In what way.
She bugged the hell out of me when she was in jail in the SS arch.
Sigh, there's too many things to explain so I"ll just say it's imo.
Old 2007-07-30, 15:19   Link #106
Searcher
RRR/Kotori/Tessa Servant

Quote:
by Sinaura
So yeah, you did say that the cartoonpicture is more popular, which is why I added the characteristic parts. In no sense in this post did you refer, even imply that her characteristics could be the reason for her popularity, just how she "looks"
I see how I have been misunderstanded.
In "looks", I meant the whole person and how she looks like a japanese.
Sorry but english isn't mine first language, even with the help of a dictionary.

Quote:
by Sinaura
Sigh, there's too many things to explain so I"ll just say it's imo
I wonder if you find anything good about Orihime

Old 2007-07-30, 15:34   Link #107
2H-Dragon
Silent Warrior

Well there are some good points about Orihime. There's a chance she might die for the sake of the story. There aren't 2 Orihime's(so I hope ). Hmm that's about all I can think of atm. =o
Old 2007-07-30, 16:18   Link #108
AnbuItachi

yea i feel worse for chad. i dont really feel bad for her at all because she has amazing abilities but she makes stupid decisions
Old 2007-07-31, 12:40   Link #109
Searcher
RRR/Kotori/Tessa Servant

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnbuItachi View Post
yea i feel worse for chad. i dont really feel bad for her at all because she has amazing abilities but she makes stupid decisions
What stupid decisions?
Please reply with the least amount of spoilers, thanks.

Old 2007-08-01, 00:54   Link #110
Forever_young
Zero

Quote:
Many of us make the mistake of assuming all main characters of an action type anime needs to be superhuman hero(ines). She should be applauded for even coming this far and not go psycho.
But Orihime isn’t the heroine of Bleach. Going to any official sites in Bleach, Rukia’s name is always written before Orihime’s
Quote:

What stupid decisions?
Spoiler:

To me, the reason why I can’t feel sorry for her is cause she is forgetting the rest of her nakama and always thinking about Ichigo (especially in the latest few chapters)
Old 2007-08-01, 10:45   Link #111
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever_young View Post
But Orihime isn’t the heroine of Bleach. Going to any official sites in Bleach, Rukia’s name is always written before Orihime’s

Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Old 2007-08-01, 19:29   Link #112
Sasuke_4ever

Hell no, I dont feel sorry for Orihime. Besides, the one I most feel sorry for is Chad.
Old 2007-08-01, 23:32   Link #113
evenex

I just don't see the point of feeling sorry for her. She was always protected by someone eg. Tatsuki, Ishida etc. and she told herself she'll get stronger for "Kurosaki-kun" but look whats happening.
Just because the HM Arc focuses more on Orihime and her feelings, I have to say, other characters deserve more sympathy from the readers compared to Orihime eg. Matsumoto, Renji, Rukia, Tatsuki etc.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Old 2007-08-01, 23:39   Link #114
kagato3

Her powers let her reject diffrent things, she doesn't heal in so much that it restores the person back to the way they were before the atack happend.
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.
Old 2007-08-02, 23:28   Link #115
Forever_young
Zero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabaku Kyu View Post
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Old 2007-08-19, 03:15   Link #116
Partygal1914

I just want to know how many people who don't feel sorry for Orihime are fans or die hard fans of Rukia?? Cause it always seems as if people who are die hard Rukia fans really have no love for Orihime. (personally i happen to like them both on equal terms)

Second of all, does everyone who says that Orihime should have stood up and fight miss the title of the manga chapter> (234). It's titled: NOT NEGOTIATION! so assuming that everything was going to turn out fine for her friends even if she did try and fight back probably would have been a big mistake.

Thirdly, if she did fight back and got someone killed would anyone who believes her to be a weak character still be saying she did the right thing by fighting back or would everyone just say she stupid for trying to fight back?

I feel sorry for her because it seems like she is in a lose lose situation. Its either she stupid, she sucks cause she so weak and doesn't fight back. I bet that some (not everyone) would probably said the same things about her even if she did put up a bit of resistance. If she would have fought back and got someone killed it alot of people's quotes would have probably gone like this: "Oh I hate her! she is so useless!! she is so weak that she can't even fend off an espada to save her friends! Blah, blah, blah. Lets not forget that not even some of the strongest fighters in Bleach can fend off the espada, so like how was she suppose to do that or even have a fighting chance if she is "weak"?

Plus it's a shounen manga and anime people! There is almost always a character similar to her in these types of stories! There is always that one girl character that is girly and emotional! Do the people who hate her character hate those other female characters as much as they dislike Orihime? All the female characters can't be all butch and strong with no soft side!! (NOT to say that all other female characters a butch!) It would be a manga with no storyline and no feeling. Then the anime and manga would really suck!! pluse if her character wasn't in the story than alot of you wouldn't have a character to loathe and have such hatred for!

Thats all I have to say!
Old 2007-08-19, 04:43   Link #117
ipernorris

I think Rukia and Inoue are useless on the battle-field before their strength is ridicule if compared to the Espada or the Vaizards. Their function is to be an "emotional trigger" for Ichigo: it has been clearly shown in the Ichigo vs Grimmjaw fight. Until Inoue was scared about Ichigo he was losing, after she gained new trust in him and shown that to him Ichigo started winning again.
I think Ichigo's nakama are the true keys to unseal Ichigo's true potential, a potential which surpasses Aizen too (at the end Ichigo will win somehow, that's a given).
Old 2007-09-02, 18:45   Link #118
adelyn

<----------- orihime hater...... i guess i said it all...
Old 2008-05-20, 13:37   Link #119
Hilarieho

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geta Boshi View Post
As Forever Young young said Chad always gets no love >.< and yeah Ichi and Rukia had a far worser childhood life : )
Ahh i disagree about Ichigo. Ichigo has always had a loving, supportive family even if his Mum did die when he was younger.

And maybe it's just because i'm an emotional girly girl but I think Orihime has held up admirably during her captivity. I know I personally wouldn't be able to cope. She's really brave and i feel terribly sorry for her situation - especially the scene where she was tortured. That was just awful, and yet i notice you haters fail to mention she didn't cry once.
Old 2008-05-20, 13:44   Link #120
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Wait so you are saying Tatsuki care / love for Orihime doesnt rival Ichigo supportive family . Wait I think you are correct thats the reason Inoue never choose to say good bye to her best friend Tatsuki. I though that was the most self centered thing any one would do choosing Love over Friendship . But you are correct Bad Tatsuki .