Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2004-07-11, 17:18   Link #1
Shay
Monarch Programmer

Kanashibari?

What exactly is Kanashibari?

When Oro uses it in the forest of death, T.W Describe it as body-binding.

And also Sasuke seems to be aware of this jutsu.

Is it just a basic jutsu like Kawarimi?
Did the genins learn about it in the academy?

It must be a pretty good jutsu, I mean it allowed Oro to take one awesome fireball........Full in the face!

The reason why im asking this is because im quite sure this is the only episode we have seen it in. (Ep 30)

Thanks in advance.
Current Album - Vessel by Twenty One Pilots

Last edited by shinobi_shay; 2004-07-11 at 18:26. Reason: Spelling and little faces. ;p
Shay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-11, 17:31   Link #2
Last of the Uchiha

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinobi_shay
What exactly is Kanashibari?

When Oro uses it in the forest of death, T.W Describe it as body-binding.

And also Sasuke seems to be aware of this jutsu.

Is it just a basic jutsu like Kawarimi?
Did the genins learn about it in the academy?

It must be a pretty good jutsu, I mean it allowed Oro to take onw awesome fireball, full in the face!

The reason why im asking this is because im pretty sure this is the only episode we have seen it in. (Ep 30)

Thanks in advance.
???????

I always though that Orochimaru took that hit to test Sasuke's strengh.
Last of the Uchiha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-11, 17:41   Link #3
CaSe-
胸のひねること

Nah i think you misunderstood. I think it was afterwards orochimaru did that seal and sasuke and sakura froze again, he was preventing them from moving, hence the term body binding.
CaSe- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-11, 17:49   Link #4
Last of the Uchiha

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaSe-
Nah i think you misunderstood. I think it was afterwards orochimaru did that seal and sasuke and sakura froze again, he was preventing them from moving, hence the term body binding.

Oh, i see, thanks. But wasn't that Orochimaru's killing intent that stopped Sasuke and Sakura from moving, as Kakashi did when fighting Zabuza. Sasuke froze up and he tried to killed himself or i'm again misundestanding what he said.
Old 2004-07-11, 17:49   Link #5
Shay
Monarch Programmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaSe-
No! sorry but it is you who is misunderstood.

I would like ppl to actually rewatch the episode befoe commenting plz.
Old 2004-07-11, 17:52   Link #6
Last of the Uchiha

Quote:

I would like ppl to actually rewatch the episode befoe commenting plz.

Then try to be more specific. Named the episode number or the manga chapter, because it driving me crazy trying to figure it out which scene you meant.
Old 2004-07-11, 17:58   Link #7
Macbrother
The mac

Send a message via AIM to Macbrother
Quote:

I would like ppl to actually rewatch the episode befoe commenting plz
Actually he's got it right. After Sasuke does his katon attack when Orochimaru is tied to the tree, Oro merely breaks the wires, walks forward and forms a seal, causing Sasuke and Sakura to freeze. It's at this point that Sasuke says, "Body binding?" Last of the Uchiha, the part you are referring to is when Sakura and Sasuke first meet Orochimaru, he causes them to see their own deaths and thus paralyze them in fear; Sasuke escapes because he stabs himself. Against the body bind, there is no escape, Orochimaru gives him the cursed seal, and then flees; it's only then when they are freed. He does this exact same jutsu on Anko.

Edit: This is episode 30 of the anime. In episode 29, he does the jutsu you are referring to, Last of the Uchiha.
Macbrother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-11, 18:03   Link #8
Shay
Monarch Programmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last of the Uchiha
Then try to be more specific. Named the episode number or the manga chapter, because it driving me crazy trying to figure it out which scene you meant.
I already have named the epidode, but just for you ill name it again. (Ep 30) ;P

But anyway, ive just watched it again, and actually I think caSe is right.

In episode 29 Oro does something that imobilizes Sasuke and Sakura, and I think its the same thing, its just that it dosen't mention the word Kanashibari.

I also think you may be right aswell, it does look like Oro went through quite some pain taking that fireball.

Edit: Im talking about the T.W version, and when the jutsu is performed at the top of the screen it says Kanashibari-(body binding) I don't know if any of the other groups translated that part.

Last edited by shinobi_shay; 2004-07-11 at 18:15.
Old 2004-07-11, 18:19   Link #9
Last of the Uchiha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macbrother
Actually he's got it right. After Sasuke does his katon attack when Orochimaru is tied to the tree, Oro merely breaks the wires, walks forward and forms a seal, causing Sasuke and Sakura to freeze. It's at this point that Sasuke says, "Body binding?" Last of the Uchiha, the part you are referring to is when Sakura and Sasuke first meet Orochimaru, he causes them to see their own deaths and thus paralyze them in fear; Sasuke escapes because he stabs himself. Against the body bind, there is no escape, Orochimaru gives him the cursed seal, and then flees; it's only then when they are freed. He does this exact same jutsu on Anko.

Edit: This is episode 30 of the anime. In episode 29, he does the jutsu you are referring to, Last of the Uchiha.

Thanks for the info Macbrother and sorry Shinobi_Shay for not seeing what you wrote, refering to the scene you were talking about, i must i've been blind.
Old 2004-07-11, 18:23   Link #10
Shay
Monarch Programmer

Quote:
Thanks for the info Macbrother and sorry Shinobi_Shay for not seeing what you wrote, refering to the scene you were talking about, i must i've been blind.
Its cool.

But I guess this thread can be closed now since my question has been answerd.

I should have just used the Q&A thread anyway.
Old 2004-07-11, 18:30   Link #11
Last of the Uchiha

Quote:
Its cool.

But I guess this thread can be closed now since my question has been answerd.

I should have just used the Q&A thread anyway.
Well, at least we got to re-learn something that we had forgoten. That was an interesting technique and it would be cool to see it again in future chapters. Also, that technique could rival that of Shikamarus without resorting to trap the user shadow.
Old 2004-07-11, 18:49   Link #12
Zimok

lol i watched the episode yesterday and was wondering "man this is pwnage technique why isnt it used often?"

later after oro used it, the 3 giant tigers were gonna eat anko but the ANBU body binded them
Zimok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-16, 06:18   Link #13
Shay
Monarch Programmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimok
lol i watched the episode yesterday and was wondering "man this is pwnage technique why isnt it used often?"

later after oro used it, the 3 giant tigers were gonna eat anko but the ANBU body binded them
So all in all, it was like a big body-binding episode.
Old 2004-07-16, 14:03   Link #14
Shadamehr

Quote:
Well, at least we got to re-learn something that we had forgoten. That was an interesting technique and it would be cool to see it again in future chapters. Also, that technique could rival that of Shikamarus without resorting to trap the user shadow.
No kidding, it seems better than shadow bind in every way. No shadow, and it binds the opponent still regardless of what you do. It better cost a lot of chakra or not work on people your own level or something, otherwise shadow bind just looks inferior.
Shadamehr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-16, 14:28   Link #15
SanttuH
Don't you *beep* with her

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadamehr
No kidding, it seems better than shadow bind in every way. No shadow, and it binds the opponent still regardless of what you do. It better cost a lot of chakra or not work on people your own level or something, otherwise shadow bind just looks inferior.
Nah, shadow binding is cooler and harder to escape.
SanttuH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-16, 14:34   Link #16
OhJustSomeRandomGuy

Quote:
Except that in the Kanashibari you can still move. Sasuke would never be able to break Shikamaru's Shadow Bind. On top of that, the Shadow Bind gives you control over the other body, it doesn't just pin it to the ground.

They both trump each other in different situations. In the classic "ninja" sense...for assassinations without being spotted, Shadow Bind is far more effective. For the 1 on 1 standoffs, the Kanashibari is more useful...unless you're fighting Guy. Guy would just do the thing with the forehead protector to kick the crap out of...whoever was nearby.

Anyway, the appeal of Shadow Bind to me was that it has all of these "limitations", but yet, since Shikamaru is a good strategist, he can still use it, limitations and all to do what he needs it to do.
OhJustSomeRandomGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-16, 14:56   Link #17
Shadamehr

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhJustSomeRandomGuy
Except that in the Kanashibari you can still move. Sasuke would never be able to break Shikamaru's Shadow Bind. On top of that, the Shadow Bind gives you control over the other body, it doesn't just pin it to the ground.
I think you're confusing the kanashibari with the sakki effect. The first time around, all Orochimaru did was stare at them with so much killer intent that they were paralyzed with fear. Sasuke broke the fear with pain. The second time was a jutsu, the kanashibari, which bound him solid and could not be escaped.

Now the question is, how useful is that 'control over the other body'? I've seen no situations where it came in handy, and any situation I can think of where it would seems overly contrived...

Quote:
They both trump each other in different situations. In the classic "ninja" sense...for assassinations without being spotted, Shadow Bind is far more effective. For the 1 on 1 standoffs, the Kanashibari is more useful...unless you're fighting Guy. Guy would just do the thing with the forehead protector to kick the crap out of...whoever was nearby.
The kanashibari works from afar and doesn't connect the two of you with shadow. You could then assassinate with needles or something. That's a lot harder to trace than the shadow bind in which there's a black line on the ground pointing you out.

Also, your situation with Guy, you are again confusing the "killer intent" stare with the kanashibari. The stare was just killer intent causing fear. The kanashibari is a jutsu, with no indication that it requires eye contact.

Like I said though, I'm guessing it doesn't work on people your own level, since we never see it in high level fights.
Old 2004-07-16, 17:13   Link #18
OhJustSomeRandomGuy

Quote:
I think you're confusing the kanashibari with the sakki effect. The first time around, all Orochimaru did was stare at them with so much killer intent that they were paralyzed with fear. Sasuke broke the fear with pain. The second time was a jutsu, the kanashibari, which bound him solid and could not be escaped.
I gotcha, I misunderstood which was which.

I dunno how far you're into the manga, but I think it gets used again.
Old 2004-07-16, 17:38   Link #19
Shadamehr

Really? I must've forgotten the scene, could you say where?
Old 2004-07-16, 17:47   Link #20
OhJustSomeRandomGuy

Quote:
Really? I must've forgotten the scene, could you say where?
Spoiler: