AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2004-03-24, 00:08   Link #161
socomberetta
Dreaming of you.

The chidori sure does look like lightning though...

You could say that when Sasuke/Kakashi perform the chidori, they convert their chakra to become like lightning.

Its probably the same process Sasuke/Third Hokage uses to create fire for his fire jutsus. He converts his chakra into fire.

Or the Second Hokage and his water jutsu.
socomberetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-24, 02:02   Link #162
Uchiha Itachi
S-Class CriMiNiMiNaL

uh....since chidori and rasengan both are both able to go through anything, its a matter of who hits who first. if the moves both collide At THE SAME EXACT TIME, the chidori would go thorugh the rasengan, and rasengan would go through chidori and would create a major vortex and suck the whole world inside out and the the universe would blow up and you know.......um...itachi would win..i dunno....i dun c wats the point of dis if rasengan and chidori both can go through anything, its like comparing Goku and Naruto in a fight.....sure, you might favor someone wit reasons, but u jus dont know wat'll happen till it happens...u kno wat i mean
Uchiha Itachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-24, 03:58   Link #163
kside

lets put it this way...

naruto only has 1 chance to hit with rasengan...and hopefully hits and kills sasuke in 1 hit....or else...sasuke will straight jack that move with his sharingan....and now he'll have the option of both moves...
kside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-24, 09:32   Link #164
Sethi
StormRider

Quote:
Originally Posted by kside
lets put it this way...

naruto only has 1 chance to hit with rasengan...and hopefully hits and kills sasuke in 1 hit....or else...sasuke will straight jack that move with his sharingan....and now he'll have the option of both moves...
I don't think Sasuke can copy Rasengan, since Rasengan revolves around a specific training to control the chakra and not hand seals, Sasuke would have to go through the same training has Naruto, if that's not the case then Sasuke already copied Rasengan since he already saw it in the Roof when he was fighting with Naruto.
Sethi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-24, 10:59   Link #165
raikage
日本語を食べません!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uchiha Itachi
uh....since chidori and rasengan both are both able to go through anything, its a matter of who hits who first. if the moves both collide At THE SAME EXACT TIME, the chidori would go thorugh the rasengan, and rasengan would go through chidori and would create a major vortex and suck the whole world inside out and the the universe would blow up and you know.......um...itachi would win..i dunno....i dun c wats the point of dis if rasengan and chidori both can go through anything, its like comparing Goku and Naruto in a fight.....sure, you might favor someone wit reasons, but u jus dont know wat'll happen till it happens...u kno wat i mean
Um...huh..?

Anyway, there are 2 ways you can answer Rasengan vs Chidori.
• Which would win if they went at each other in a fight
• Which would be an overall better jutsu to have in a fight (not directed against each other)
raikage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-24, 12:10   Link #166
nh1
KAWAIII-III!!!! >^_^ >

Quote:
Originally Posted by raikage
Um...huh..?

• Which would be an overall better jutsu to have in a fight (not directed against each other)
*Staring at raikage's avy...* Wtf is Homer doing with his left hand?!?!?!~ How come he's only eating with his right arm while doing some dancemoves with his left?!
Old 2004-03-24, 12:15   Link #167
hobobaggins
だいすきが大好きです!

Send a message via AIM to hobobaggins
Quote:
Originally Posted by raikage
Um...huh..?

or
• Which would do more damage on an inanimate object
• wich would do more damage against a sack of flesh.
hobobaggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-24, 12:57   Link #168
raikage
日本語を食べません!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nh1
*Staring at raikage's avy...* Wtf is Homer doing with his left hand?!?!?!~ How come he's only eating with his right arm while doing some dancemoves with his left?!
He's still eating with his left hand...I think...

Hey, hobo, does this one rate better/worse than Kaga?
or Itchy & Scratchy? P.S. if anyone wants that one, just let me know
raikage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-21, 17:19   Link #169
hokagenaruto3
Crescent & Star

Observation

Let's just look at the opinions that people in the manga gave to this subject:

-Naruto didn't want to go with Jiraiya and said he wanted to learn Chidori from kakashi. Jiraiya then said he knew an even more powerful jutsu (Rasengan) and that he would teach him if he went along. (This doesn't really count, because Jiraiya is himself a rasengan user, so not really objective)
Rasengan
-The look on Sasuke's face when he saw the destructive power of the Rasengan was awesome.
- kakashi himself (A chidori user) said that the rasengan would have killed sasuke if he got hit.
-again: the look on sasuke's face

Chidori

Now what would have happened if they hit each other:
-Rasengan absorbs and nullifies Chidori (like it did to the grand Fireball Sasuke used)
or:- Chidori and rasengan both hit.
Sasuke would have a big hole in his torso, which would meen he would surely die.
Naruto would then with the aid of Kyuubi's chakra instantly heal...
Sasuke:whole in gut
Naruto:healed
And that's if they even hit each other.

And to the so called speed advantage Sasuke has over Naruto.
neji didn't look at all supprised when lee took off his weights, so he had seen it before(That's logical because he kicked lee's ass so many times)
Gai said that Sasuke was ALMOST as fast as lee without his weights.
conclusion in speed neji>Lee
Lee>Sasuke
during the chuunin exam when naruto fought Neji in Kyuubi mode:
Naruto DISAPPEARED in Neji's eyes, which means he completely lost him. he only knew where he was afterwards before he could see him with byakugan after naruto 'teleported' behind him.
final conclusion:Naruto>Neji
Neji>Lee
Lee>Sasuke
What we saw of Naruto was only a tiny bit of what Kyuubi has to offer. Do you really want proof of how fast naruto would be with All of Kyybi's chakra?
Kyuubi was the youme of youme. Controll it and you are indeed invincible, except maybe against Gaara, but that's it
But uchiha is badass clan
hokagenaruto3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-21, 18:22   Link #170
Chosen
Me > Mods ;)

The chidori would have damaged Naruto alot. But he still got Kyuubis healing power so he would been back a day or so after. But as for Sasuke.... hummm... he would most likely been gone. ;P

And why I think this, is because of that Rasengaen was the 4ths ultimate jutsu, the one he invented. And Kakashi is way weaker then the 4th was. I think the 4th was at a level with Itachi(Most likely stronger).
My 2nd reason is when you saw the big hole at the water tank and saw Sasukes face.(he even said, "Naruto how strong are you really?")
And my 3rd reason, kakashi said to Jiraiya that the rasengaen would most likely kill Sasuke but nothing about the Chidori could kill Naruto.
Anyway if those two were to clash into eachother, Sasuke would've been killed, and Naruto would of course survived, because he is actually the main person in this serie.

Last edited by Chosen; 2004-05-21 at 18:35.
Chosen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-21, 19:04   Link #171
ubdevoid

I can't see why 'cut' is meant to mean mixed with lightening. Cut used in that way implies kakashi is some sort of drug dealer (hell it would explain the eyes though....). They say the most simple explanation is usually the correct one. I've never heard anyone say cut in that context other than mixing drugs. If it where mixed with lightening it would have said mixed with lightening. Kakashi actually cut a bolt of lightening in two with Chidori.
As a side note, how would adding lightening to an all ready bad ass technique make it any more effective? It just doesn't make sense that it was mixed with lightening.
ubdevoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-21, 19:50   Link #172
Mizuno
Undefined

Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chosen
And why I think this, is because of that Rasengaen was the 4ths ultimate jutsu, the one he invented. And Kakashi is way weaker then the 4th was. I think the 4th was at a level with Itachi(Most likely stronger).
Only two people prior to Naruto learning it could use Chidori - Jiraiya and the 4th. I don't think the 4th was the one who invented it but Jiraiya did. Would the apprentice teach the master now? Jiraiya said something like the 4th took 3 years to master the move, that was it.

Btw, this thread is about Rasengan vs Chidori, not Naruto vs Sasuke. Naruto would definitely have an edge with Kyubi within him, and Sasuke being a normal person would likely die with no regeneration ability (unlike Kabuto).
Old 2004-05-21, 19:57   Link #173
Crimson
Ecchi Nazi

Send a message via AIM to Crimson
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenta
Only two people prior to Naruto learning it could use Chidori - Jiraiya and the 4th. I don't think the 4th was the one who invented it but Jiraiya did. Would the apprentice teach the master now? Jiraiya said something like the 4th took 3 years to master the move, that was it.

Btw, this thread is about Rasengan vs Chidori, not Naruto vs Sasuke. Naruto would definitely have an edge with Kyubi within him, and Sasuke being a normal person would likely die with no regeneration ability (unlike Kabuto).
Don't you mean the Rasengan and not the Chidori? Only 2 people knew how to use the Rasegan before Naruto learned it. And the 4th was the one that created it and not Jiraiya. Just because Jiraiya was the teacher of the 4th it doesn't mean the 4th didn't create his own techniques.

And i think Jiraiya said it took the 4th 3 years to perfect it. Go read the manga again.
Crimson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-21, 20:02   Link #174
Chosen
Me > Mods ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenta
Yes the 4th was the one that invented the Rasengaen. And yes the 4th used 3 years to master it! And why can't the apprentice find up new moves ? Just look at Tsunade and Orochimaru! They have invented new jutsus that the 3d don't know. The diffrence is that the 4th thought Jiraiya his moves.

Edit: Nerf you crimon! This was my quote ;(
Chosen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-21, 20:07   Link #175
sarcasteak
WAHA~

Raikiri / Chidori is a chakra-imbued blade. The sparks around it are to make it look badass; they aren't actually lightnings, they are chakra materialized. It's that simple. -_-;;
sarcasteak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-21, 20:14   Link #176
_Riku_

You guys are all forgetting that Kakashis sensei was infact the fourth

and the resengan isn't that powerful everytime just look at kabut he just had a holei n his body he wasn't destroyed

and yes Naruto did the most damage on the watertank, but Sasuke's chidori vs Itachi was likley stronger, he ripped of his own skin

and when Kakashi was going to use chidrori on zabuza, he was trapped and there was no need for him to overcharge it
_Riku_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-21, 20:17   Link #177
knubbe

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Riku_

and the resengan isn't that powerful everytime just look at kabut he just had a holei n his body he wasn't destroyed

and yes Naruto did the most damage on the watertank, but Sasuke's chidori vs Itachi was likley stronger, he ripped of his own skin

and when Kakashi was going to use chidrori on zabuza, he was trapped and there was no need for him to overcharge it
I think Kabuto survived because he was able to heal himself, being a medical ninja and all. He couldn't heal himself completely because the damage was too great.
knubbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-21, 20:21   Link #178
sarcasteak
WAHA~

Quote:
And what does that have to do with anything about Rasengan and Chidori?

Quote:
That's because Kabuto started regenerating simultaneously the moment the Rasengan impacted. Also, the amount of chakra used by Naruto in that Rasengan wasn't that great; recall that Jiraiya knocked that Stone chuunin silly with Rasengan as well? His body was still in one piece, so the power is totally determined by the amount of chakra controlled.

Quote:
How does self-multilization make it THAT much stronger? *shrugs*

Quote:
Chidori is supposed to be instant-kill; there is never a need to overcharge if the user doesn't miss.
sarcasteak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-21, 20:22   Link #179
ubdevoid

He was gathering his chakra in his stomach in preperation for the attack. But he didn't expect that it would do the amount of damage that it did. I think it's something to do with hiw own abilities rather than that of a medical ninja, Tsunade seemed pretty shocked that he survived anyway.
ubdevoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-21, 20:25   Link #180
Mizuno
Undefined

Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
sarcasteak, on a sidenote, the link in your sig reminds of one of the naruto gba game... can you actually use lee in that game?