AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2004-05-25, 13:49   Link #101
Wintrow

Talking

Why didn't Sasuke copy the water jutsu's? I mean, he was just hanging around, the water-sword and that water-dragon jutsu were used right in front of him. So much for the Uchiha's being feared.

Manga spoiler even though I haven't read the manga.
Spoiler:

I liked it, even though some parts made me cringe. Like Sakura getting such a short fightscene. Who didn't see that coming? Everytime she fights I hope it will be good and everytime she dissapoints me. It's hard being a Sakura fan. I hope she makes up for it laterin the series.
Wintrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-25, 13:53   Link #102
FreakyEyes

Well there were good things and bad things

Spoiler:

Big thanks to TW, IMO they are the best fansub for Naruto, a pity that they aren't that active nowadays.

I suggest you to watch this.
FreakyEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-25, 14:00   Link #103
The-Wolf-Of-Mibu

Quote:
I liked it, even though some parts made me cringe. Like Sakura getting such a short fightscene. Who didn't see that coming? Everytime she fights I hope it will be good and everytime she dissapoints me. It's hard being a Sakura fan. I hope she makes up for it laterin the series.
Spoiler:
The-Wolf-Of-Mibu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-25, 16:17   Link #104
Gai-Kakashi

Oooh, me likely this OVA.

Some great fighting from Naruto and Sasuke. Sakura was useless, but come on, that's a manga precident. j/k

It was neat to see the effects of some the jutsus we've seen on low class Ninjas. You can see why Ninja are the ultimate power. "Normal" armies would simply be eradicated when faced with this kind of power.

Naruto and Sasuke didn't seem to have any problem with killing enemy Ninja at this point. Though I guess that's a given after surviving the forest of death. The death of that final Jounin was pretty sweet though. LoL, that was a LLOOOOONNNNGG way down.
Gai-Kakashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-25, 16:51   Link #105
Rhythmic
I <3 Hina-chan!

I wish I could see it already, but I have been downloading it since about 10 oclock PST, only 40 percent done :|

I swear these past few days bt has been insanly slow download wise,

download speed 5-10kb upload speed 25-30k

no love for DSL
Rhythmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-25, 17:00   Link #106
ubdevoid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wintrow
Why didn't Sasuke copy the water jutsu's? I mean, he was just hanging around, the water-sword and that water-dragon jutsu were used right in front of him. So much for the Uchiha's being feared.

Manga spoiler even though I haven't read the manga.
Spoiler:

I assume it was because he was tied up and couldn't activate his sharingan.
Anyone else have any idea on when this is supposed to occur? I was assuming it was sometime after they got back from the bridge, just before the chunin exam started. It only seemed to last a day, but you never know...
ubdevoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-25, 17:05   Link #107
LeafNinja

Generally it seems these don't neatly fit into continuity. Usually the animation team take the characters from different time points and kind of plug them in, regardless of whether it would make sense or not. You'll notice Sakura has short hair and Sasuke has short hair and is wearing his blue shirt... Which on the whole doesn't make much sense, but it could happen right before Itachi and Kisame arrive if you want to try and make it fit as best you can.
LeafNinja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-25, 17:06   Link #108
ubdevoid

Hmmm, curious, but at least he was out of that godawful black one piece thing. Hehe, I hate that with a passion.
Old 2004-05-25, 17:12   Link #109
Gai-Kakashi

So, because Sasuke is wearing his "normal" clothes it doesn't fit well? Yes, I know full well that anime characters wear the same thing everyday, that's beside the point. It could have taken place after the invasion of Konoha and before Itachi showed up easily (With the Leaf trying to shore up their remaining allies). It meets all the criteria, Sasuke isn't surprised by the red chakra super Naruto but it's before he begins to resent him (which happened only AFTER Itachi kicked his butt), Sakura has short hair, Naruto knows the multiple Kage Bushin jutsu etc. So his black jumpsuit got grass stains on it and he couldn't wear it that day, does that mean it doesn't fit?
Old 2004-05-25, 17:18   Link #110
Karze

Just my two pence but imho i think this ova was piss poor, its the action sequences that just felt really rushed and the scripting was of a low standard. I know it was just a special and its hard to fit every thing in but i actually prefer the first compared to this.
Karze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-25, 17:25   Link #111
ubdevoid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gai-Kakashi
So, because Sasuke is wearing his "normal" clothes it doesn't fit well? Yes, I know full well that anime characters wear the same thing everyday, that's beside the point. It could have taken place after the invasion of Konoha and before Itachi showed up easily (With the Leaf trying to shore up their remaining allies). It meets all the criteria, Sasuke isn't surprised by the red chakra super Naruto but it's before he begins to resent him (which happened only AFTER Itachi kicked his butt), Sakura has short hair, Naruto knows the multiple Kage Bushin jutsu etc. So his black jumpsuit got grass stains on it and he couldn't wear it that day, does that mean it doesn't fit?
Well he didn't use chidori (he seems to use it in every fight at the moment), naruto didn't use kuchiyose (ditto). Why would Konoha send 3 Geinin and Kakashi on a simple C class mission when their forces where depleted so much? Naruto's red chakra seems to be caused more by rage than the usual way he draws it out, and he did get his ass kicked quite a bit.
Hey, I'm probably wrong though, I just like a bit of continuity you know.
Old 2004-05-25, 17:32   Link #112
Freestyler

I didn't like it at all, It doesn't fit in the anime anywhere..
sasuke old outfit, no curse seal
naruto -> Taji Kage Bunshin + kyubi chakra
still doing missions with kakashi
Freestyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-25, 17:38   Link #113
Gai-Kakashi

Quote:
Originally Posted by ubdevoid
Well he didn't use chidori (he seems to use it in every fight at the moment), naruto didn't use kuchiyose (ditto). Why would Konoha send 3 Geinin and Kakashi on a simple C class mission when their forces where depleted so much? Naruto's red chakra seems to be caused more by rage than the usual way he draws it out, and he did get his ass kicked quite a bit.
Hey, I'm probably wrong though, I just like a bit of continuity you know.
Point one, Chidori. The Chidori is a jutsu with a noticible start up time, plus, it wasn't nessicary to use. Just because a person doesn't use a jutsu doesn't mean they can't. Like Kakashi said, "Think before using a jutsu or it will be used against you." With someone as fast as that supercharged Jounin (who was a real loser) it probably wasn't the best move to use.

Point two, Naruto. His "usual" method? You mean like getting pissed like hell and going beserk? That's exactly what happened. I know what you mean, he didn't "Dig deep" for the Chakra like he did on previous occasions. But as shown when fighting Haku, Naruto does not NEED to know how to use Kyubi's chakra in order to employ it.

Point three. Why all of Team 7? No big deal, it's only the *leader* of an allied village. Nope, no reason to send a Jounin at all. Plus, the message Kakashi got "an emergency Jounin meeting" sounds like something that would take place after the invasion.

"I didn't like it at all, It doesn't fit in the anime anywhere..
sasuke old outfit, no curse seal
naruto -> Taji Kage Bunshin + kyubi chakra
still doing missions with kakashi"

Your point about Team 7 doing missions together makes no sense. Why wouldn't they be after the invasion? Team 7 wasn't injured seriously at all during the invasion. They'd be back in action in less than a week. The other stuff I already talked about.

As for no curse seal, animation mistake. It happens.
Old 2004-05-25, 17:42   Link #114
ubdevoid

Damn you and your logic! I still have my doubts though. But they didn't really spoil my enjoyment.
Old 2004-05-25, 17:46   Link #115
Gai-Kakashi

I know uber, I know. But if the shoe fits, why throw it before swine (I love mixing metaphors )?
Old 2004-05-25, 18:03   Link #116
LeafNinja

Quote:
You neglected to address Sasuke's hair suddenly becoming short again, unless he gets it cut. Then lets it grow out for another month before Itachi arrives?
Old 2004-05-25, 18:09   Link #117
Gai-Kakashi

Do you have any idea how fast hair grows in the summer? I have to get my hair cut every three weeks or I have a white-man afro. Some people can grow a full beard in three days. Some women have moustaches. Hair growth depends on the person. In any case, it's not a big deal.
Old 2004-05-25, 18:11   Link #118
realdeal
The Real Deal

you'd think they might would cut sakura some slack here..but...lol. They made her even worse in this one than usual.
realdeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-25, 18:16   Link #119
LeafNinja

Quote:
In any case, it's not a big deal.
In the overall scheme of things its not, but as a potential point of contention, yeah it is.
Old 2004-05-25, 18:18   Link #120
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

Don't waste your time to guess at which moment this event took place, there isn't any real particular moment.
It's a common thing in this kind of 'OAV', it's not really make to happen at a precise time, it just happens lol

About the episode itself, I think pretty much the same thing as Sarcasteak, a hidden village so incredibly weak that half a dozen of ninjas can took it down, these ninjas so much weak themself than Sasuke can kill half of them without even trying...
The so-called better fighter of the Waterfall, jounin level+burst of chakra easily crushed by Naruto and Sasuke...

Laughable.
That makes me consider the future hypothetic filler arc by the anime team in a even worse way.
Well at least it's better than the special 2003 because of the team-work Sasuke & Naruto.
Anyway thanks to TW fot the good work
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote