Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Fan Creations

Notices

Old 2004-05-29, 15:36   Link #21
Lord Raiden
Uber Coffee for da win!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superchop
after seeing that i kinda feel like posting some of my art...the only reason i haven't is cause i can't draw freestyle so everything i draw i draw from a picture...
hehe. I can't freehand draw either. Ever seen my comic strip or some of my other art? It's all photoshop composit or line art stuff. So don't feel too bad.
Lord Raiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-29, 22:34   Link #22
OFFSPRiNGCo16
Godlike

Send a message via ICQ to OFFSPRiNGCo16 Send a message via AIM to OFFSPRiNGCo16 Send a message via MSN to OFFSPRiNGCo16 Send a message via Yahoo to OFFSPRiNGCo16
Amazing, just amazing. Nothing else to say. Tell your friend to keep it up. Try to borrow some sketches and scan them in for us....or something.
OFFSPRiNGCo16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-30, 03:39   Link #23
Reydien

Two questions: How large is the poster, and how long did it take for her to draw it?

I'm definately going to have to agree with the concensus here and applaud the artist's level of talent -- Copying or not, that level of work is nothing to sneeze at (both figuratively and literally). I'd also like to second the suggestion of getting it framed, if possible, or at least protected in some way.
Reydien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-30, 19:29   Link #24
Ero-Sannin

Send a message via MSN to Ero-Sannin
even if its a copy i agree with all of you

that is a really really really REALLY TALENTED COPY,

your friend should definintely apply to a japanese anime artists drawing school, they might grant her a full scholarship or something...

TEACH HER HOW TO PLACE FANART ON A WEBSITE MAN!!
YOU DO IT FOR HER!!
Ero-Sannin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-06, 13:27   Link #25
Tenken

Send a message via AIM to Tenken
That is totally awesome. I just started drawing stuff myself, so all I do is 'copy', but either way she has mad talent. That is probably one of the, if not the, best picture I have ever seen besides professionals.

I don't mean to put a downer on things, but did she really draw that? That's not a fake or anything like that?

As far as protecting it, can't you use hair spray or get some kind of spray to go over pencil and that kind of stuff to "seal" it?
Tenken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-06, 14:23   Link #26
aliensquare

thats pretty nice
she should cg it
aliensquare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-06, 20:54   Link #27
get_a_life
hentai! banzai!

Send a message via AIM to get_a_life
id say its good but it does look like its copied from the manga. i give it 8/10. -2 pts for not being original.

even sucky drawers can copy. just copy it with grids. thats how i started when i sucked at drawing. i dont need grids anymore though but im just saying.

and by no means am i trying to down-grade her talent but id like to see some original poses/costuming and stuff.
get_a_life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-06, 21:23   Link #28
Superchop
Lord Sesshoumaru

Quote:
Originally Posted by get_a_life
even sucky drawers can copy. just copy it with grids.
i don't fully agree with that...the only way sucky drawers can copy and get it right is if they use tracing paper...that person i doubt would go through all the trouble to draw grids...and then get rid of the lines...especially on a "poster" like that...

and honestly...i never saw how grids helped much...i've tried that a few times and it caused me more frustration then anything...so i resorted back to just drawing like i always do...i never had any special ways to draw something...i just drew it as i saw it

if that person did anything to help...it would've been to use the circles/outline thingie...but even doing that it would still be difficult

Last edited by Superchop; 2004-06-06 at 21:50.
Superchop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-06, 21:48   Link #29
hunterx
ore wa kanpeki da

I have to agree with get_a_life on this one. The drawing is impressive but it is not original. I didn't intend to berate it when I mentioned it was a copy (although the original poster should have said it was).

I would give an crappy original more marks than a copy no matter how good the copy is.
hunterx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-06, 22:45   Link #30
xfordained
you should die

true oh so true i give her props for the shading though
xfordained is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-06, 23:56   Link #31
Tenken

Why downgrade it so much if it's a copy though? That still took mad talent. Obviously it's easier to look at something and draw it because the lines/shades/shapes and everything is there. Even with that, it is still very hard. That grid crap is BS too, I remember trying that a while back and just hated it. I could always do better without it.

I don't know the talent of most of the people in the Fan Art board, but I willing to go out on a limb and say that 95% of you couldn't touch that drawing. I mean finding the original and copying it. I could be easily proved wrong, but I would like to see some people try it before they bash it.
Old 2004-06-07, 00:48   Link #32
get_a_life
hentai! banzai!

Send a message via AIM to get_a_life
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenken
Why downgrade it so much if it's a copy though? That still took mad talent. Obviously it's easier to look at something and draw it because the lines/shades/shapes and everything is there. Even with that, it is still very hard. That grid crap is BS too, I remember trying that a while back and just hated it. I could always do better without it.

I don't know the talent of most of the people in the Fan Art board, but I willing to go out on a limb and say that 95% of you couldn't touch that drawing. I mean finding the original and copying it. I could be easily proved wrong, but I would like to see some people try it before they bash it.
okay let me rephrase things:

i'd give her more credit if she drew the trio in her own pose and not from the manga.

i mean cmon, you said it yourself, you "just started drawing" so relative to your statement, anything that may seem remotely "good" would impress you, am i right? and how can your opinion carry any weight if you've only begun drawing compared to someone's opinion that's been drawing for 10+ years? okay dont get hurt in the butt but yeah back to my point,

i wasnt downgrading her work and again, id give her more credit if she drew it in her own pose.

lets look at it from the artist's perspective, wont you feel much more satisfied if you drew em in your very own pose? using your own references (ex. magazines, other anime characeters, how-to-draw-manga guides, etc...)? wouldnt that feel so much more gratifying rather than straight up enlarging and drawing?

and furthermore, copying should only be a study tool for an individual to excel his/her own skill.

anyway lets kill this "arguement" already. im not even offending anyone. stop getting hurt in the butt about it. you're getting the impression that i said it sucked but nowhere in my response did i say it sucked. so quit being on the defensive.

the end.
get_a_life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-07, 01:26   Link #33
.gaara
i'm in love --- :O

fight! fight! fight!

woooo

post more work please
.gaara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-07, 04:21   Link #34
Sid_Burn
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to Sid_Burn Send a message via AIM to Sid_Burn Send a message via Yahoo to Sid_Burn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Are you serious
Whoa!!!... he's a nice artist...
Sid_Burn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-07, 07:25   Link #35
gizmo
Monenenenee!

That's just unreal... :| (rubs his eyes again just to make sure)
Damn seeing that makes me feel like I've a loooong way to go!
gizmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-07, 21:49   Link #36
Tenken

get_a_life, it just sounded like you were discrediting the artist/artwork alot. I can completely understand coming up with your own characters/drawing style and that takes super talent. But if she made her own style of Naruto, then wouldn't it not be Naruto anymore? I think she would get praised for her artwork skills, but critized for changing the style. Unless you mean just using the same drawing style and making your own poses and scenes. I didn't mean this to be an outright argument, just sounded a lot worse then it did. It's hard to tell over the internet your, or anyones, expressions etc.