AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2010-12-28, 16:52   Link #6441
TnAdct1
Honya-kun

On the whole Chachamaru situation: you guys do know that Satomi has built some additional bodies for Chachamaru, right (with her using one of those bodies during the training/Anya's visit to Mahora portion of the summer break while Satomi was updating her regular body)?

My best guest is that once Negi's crew returns to Mahora, Chachamaru will have her "soul" moved to the temporary body she was using before the trip to the Magic World, thus ensuring that she'll have a body while her regular one is "at the shop".
Old 2010-12-28, 17:38   Link #6442
OverMaster
Zok, Biff, Pow, Wham.

The problem being it'll take a while, since beating at least three Fates (assuming Tertium doesn't come back for more), plus possibly the Master of the Graves, a rematch with the Fatettes and even Dynamis if the contract doesn't apply to the students who weren't there when it was done (like Setsuna and Mana), not to mention the two collateral fights, will most likely take an annoying amount of extra time.

Do you think we can honestly be over with this before Volume 35?

Edit: I meant volume 36, since volume 34 will finish with Chapter 314, apparently.

Last edited by OverMaster; 2010-12-28 at 20:14.
OverMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-28, 17:59   Link #6443
shiroi mahotsukai
Under Death by College
*Author

No, no I honestly don't. I do believe however that Akamatsu can find some way to make it all so inteeresting that time flies so fast we're over it before anyone notices... am I being too optimistic?
"There are no winners or losers, there are only the living and the dead."
shiroi mahotsukai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-28, 19:26   Link #6444
JapaneseTeeth
You don't want to know

That would work better if not for all the breaks he's been taking. The number of chapters he's using to tell the story is more noticeable when there's a huge wait between them all.
Old 2010-12-28, 20:15   Link #6445
OverMaster
Zok, Biff, Pow, Wham.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiroi mahotsukai View Post
No, no I honestly don't. I do believe however that Akamatsu can find some way to make it all so inteeresting that time flies so fast we're over it before anyone notices... am I being too optimistic?
Yeah, I think so, since I don't find curbstomps to be too interesting, and that's all we're having lately.
Old 2010-12-28, 23:50   Link #6446
Tiresias
Labda Prakarsa Nirwikara

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiroi mahotsukai View Post
Nah, I'm with you there. besides, we've only saw the first five pages of spoilers; who knows what happened afterwards...
Old 2010-12-29, 00:10   Link #6447
shiroi mahotsukai
Under Death by College
*Author

Yeah, anything could be in those remaining pages... anything.
"There are no winners or losers, there are only the living and the dead."
shiroi mahotsukai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-29, 03:55   Link #6448
Kurush

Send a message via MSN to Kurush
But how can we be certain it's the first five pages? They could be in any order whatsoever.

"The objective is not to win. It is to eliminate every option for the enemy except the one to lose."

Knowledge is power. It should be shared.
Kurush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-29, 11:33   Link #6449
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurush View Post
But how can we be certain it's the first five pages? They could be in any order whatsoever.
First page is clearly first due to the "'Negima' box" ([ネギま]) found on every first page in every chapter of Negima. Fourth and fifth pages are clearly such in relation to first page due to the page number visible in the overlapping area of both pictures compared to the page number visible in picture one. Events on the second page clearly tie it back to the first, as events on the fourth page tie it back to the third. The overlap between the second and third pictures shows those pages to be sequential, even though no page number is visible.

They're 1-5 in order. No mistaking it.
Old 2010-12-29, 23:32   Link #6450
AlphaDragoon
Flame of the Dragonslayer

Wow, Ken's setting Negi up for quite possibly the greatest "Big Damn Heroes" moment in shounen history.

But it's painful watching the poor girls get the curbstomping of a lifetime in the interim. Jesus.
AlphaDragoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-31, 16:18   Link #6451
Dark Wing

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaDragoon View Post
Wow, Ken's setting Negi up for quite possibly the greatest "Big Damn Heroes" moment in shounen history.

But it's painful watching the poor girls get the curbstomping of a lifetime in the interim. Jesus.
Well you know the rules bigger the curb stomp is the bigger the comeback is going to be...
Old 2011-01-01, 12:19   Link #6452
marconii2002

chapter 313 raw is out
marconii2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-01, 15:52   Link #6453
Kurush

Send a message via MSN to Kurush
Quote:
Originally Posted by marconii2002 View Post
chapter 313 raw is out
Watch it. The manga's licensed, so it's not a good idea to announce that.

"The objective is not to win. It is to eliminate every option for the enemy except the one to lose."

Knowledge is power. It should be shared.
Kurush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-01, 15:59   Link #6454
OverMaster
Zok, Biff, Pow, Wham.

I never understood the big deal of saying a raw is out when you don't say where it's out, and you can debate the events happening in that raw anyway. But whatever.

Hopefully Negi's current situation won't involve three or more chapters of navel-gazing while everyone around him has the crap kicked outta them.
Old 2011-01-01, 16:00   Link #6455
nines
I much prefer the 2d

=.= Who predicted the negi being uplifted by his dad scenario again?
Old 2011-01-01, 16:21   Link #6456
Blank-Mage
Maniacal laughter ensues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
Hopefully Negi's current situation won't involve three or more chapters of navel-gazing while everyone around him has the crap kicked outta them.
I had a lovely mental image of Negi snapping out of it, going all super-mode, only to discover that everyone's dead and the Fates left 40 minutes ago. Bad end!
Old 2011-01-01, 16:39   Link #6457
Moczo
"Hey, Isaac?"
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Moczo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blank-Mage View Post
I had a lovely mental image of Negi snapping out of it, going all super-mode, only to discover that everyone's dead and the Fates left 40 minutes ago. Bad end!
Negi: Finally... I have truly come to comprehend the Darkness inside me and tame it, coming to terms with all the pain and trauma in my heart. Now, Fate... I am finally ready to do battle wi- ... ... where did the Mundus Magicus go?
Moczo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-01, 17:16   Link #6458
OverMaster
Zok, Biff, Pow, Wham.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blank-Mage View Post
The scariest part is a tiny side of me actually can see it happening to some degree.

At least, it's doubtful he can snap back before someone else next to him is taken out, since I doubt Sextum is just going to stand there and talk and talk while giving him time to recover.

Arrrrghhh, the pacing issues are so evident again... Really, if Sextum just blasted them all at once instead of wasting time she'd already have won. Right now the only thing that's saved Negi is she's acting like an overconfident idiot instead of just striking at him already.
Old 2011-01-01, 17:26   Link #6459
nines
I much prefer the 2d

>> I feel negi is going to come out of his comatose state with a new technique probably something from the thousand master or a way to defeat them.
Old 2011-01-01, 19:47   Link #6460
Tempester
Japanese Culture Fan

So Negima is no longer being published by Del Rey but now by Kodansha. Does this mean that the earlier volumes will be re-released with a better and more consistent translation? As an English-language manga customer, I'm wary about buying Del Rey's manga from this point on since they might be dated and out of print. Oh, and hopefully Kodansha's releases are uncensored. That was one of the strengths of Del Rey's release.
Tempester is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, fantasy