AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > News & Politics

Notices

Old 2024-01-27, 13:17   Link #581
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

Are things that bad that you do not have other fitting candidats?
Nachtwandler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-01-27, 18:44   Link #582
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nachtwandler View Post
Well, in the GOP side all the others candidates save one dropped off the race. On the Democrate side the remaning candidates get close to no media coverage and the DNC even went so far as to cancel some state's elections and simply give theirs electors to Biden.

And as far as the third party candidates, the way the system work pretty much doom them to fail.
Old 2024-01-27, 19:31   Link #583
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

So the parties are circling their wagons for a rematch?
Despite allegations of treason on Trump's part?

I guess both sides know there will be a high turnout (relatively speaking given how much of the population actually votes) just because of Trump. For or against. I mean even after four years of Biden, I am not sure the Democrats and moderates in the swing states will take any chances on Trump becoming President again.
Old 2024-01-27, 19:38   Link #584
ramlaen

Quote:
If you look a the polling for the GOP primary, support for Trump only solidified after the indictments. Who would have guessed the public would react that way to the party in power trying to jail their political opponent.

Biden is the incumbent, that there is a primary for democrats this year is mere formality.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Well that is a new one.
ramlaen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-01-27, 19:51   Link #585
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramlaen View Post
Who would have guessed the public would react that way to the party in power trying to jail their political opponent.
Maybe if the GOP held him responsible it wouldn't look that way. But when one party refuses to hold their own accountable, and only the other party does, it'll always look that way. Unless you're implying that politicians can't be held accountable for their actions as long as their party decides to be culty enough?

Quote:
Well that is a new one.
Maybe if you don't leave the right-wing bubble, though sedition would be the proper term.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-01-27, 19:56   Link #586
ramlaen

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Maybe if the GOP held him responsible it wouldn't look that way. But when one party refuses to hold their own accountable, and only the other party does, it'll always look that way. Unless you're implying that politicians can't be held accountable for their actions as long as their party decides to be culty enough?

Maybe if you don't leave the right-wing bubble, though sedition would be the proper term.
Trump hasn't been accused/charged with treason, sedition or anything remotely similar. Perhaps you should be more careful when accusing others of being in a bubble.
Old 2024-01-27, 20:08   Link #587
cyberdemon

Quote:
If you look a the polling for the GOP primary, support for Trump only solidified after the indictments. Who would have guessed the public would react that way to the party in power trying to jail their political opponent.

Biden is the incumbent, that there is a primary for democrats this year is mere formality.

Well that is a new one.
Trump wasn’t a candidate when most went out. He’s just using it to try to hide from the legal system.
Old 2024-01-27, 20:20   Link #588
GDB

Quote:
Trump hasn't been accused/charged with treason, sedition or anything remotely similar. Perhaps you should be more careful when accusing others of being in a bubble.
I mean, he's literally been removed from the primary ballot in at least one state by invoking the insurrection clause of the 14th amendment, which is basically the same as sedition.
Old 2024-01-27, 20:42   Link #589
ramlaen

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
Trump wasn’t a candidate when most went out. He’s just using it to try to hide from the legal system.
Trump announced his 2024 candidacy on November 15, 2022.

The first indictment was on March 25, 2023.

Quote:
I mean, he's literally been removed from the primary ballot in at least one state by invoking the insurrection clause of the 14th amendment, which is basically the same as sedition.
Trump has not been removed from any ballots.

Please do yourselves all a favor and educate yourselves, this is embarrassing.
Old 2024-01-27, 20:58   Link #590
GDB

Quote:
Trump has not been removed from any ballots.

Please do yourselves all a favor and educate yourselves, this is embarrassing.
https://apnews.com/article/trump-ins...58378c65fd79a2

Maybe educate yourself first?
Old 2024-01-27, 21:15   Link #591
Key Board
Carbon

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
So the parties are circling their wagons for a rematch?

I guess both sides know there will be a high turnout (relatively speaking given how much of the population actually votes) just because of Trump. For or against. I mean even after four years of Biden, I am not sure the Democrats and moderates in the swing states will take any chances on Trump becoming President again.
Biden isn't going to win without the youth vote, but the Democratic party is too afraid to either change the candidate or change the foreign policy regarding Gaza. Yes people. This is genocide.

The republican party is also upset about Gaza, but for opposite reasons.

And there are the new nazis, who as far I can tell, is just hijiacking the global displeasure of the Gaza situation and using it to be anti semetic

So yeah, the US is cooked

//
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-01-27, 21:39   Link #592
ramlaen

Quote:
"The court stayed its decision until Jan. 4, or until the U.S. Supreme Court rules on the case."

Should I assume you didn't read the article you cited?
Old 2024-01-27, 21:53   Link #593
GDB

Whether he was tentatively put back on or not is irrelevant to the fact that he was, in fact, removed. Should I assume you'll move the goal posts again, considering the initial statement this is about is regarding not being accused of treason/sedition/insurrection/anything of the like?
Old 2024-01-27, 22:07   Link #594
ramlaen

Quote:
Whether he was tentatively put back on or not is irrelevant to the fact that he was, in fact, removed. Should I assume you'll move the goal posts again, considering the initial statement this is about is regarding not being accused of treason/sedition/insurrection/anything of the like?
You can't be tentatively put back if you were never removed. Why are you accusing me of moving the goalposts when that is what you are doing after being factchecked?
Old 2024-01-27, 22:17   Link #595
GDB

Fact: He was removed
Fact: They afterwards stayed the decision pending the Supreme Court

Still means he was removed at one point. Further, the fact remains that the original point was that he's been accused of those things, which you denied happened. Even if you wanted to be pedantic (which clearly you do) and say he hasn't been removed from anything, he was still accused of such and it was used in the hearing that led to the decision to remove him from the primary ballot. Again, facts.

How will you move the goalposts this time, or do you not know what that actually means since you think returning to the original point of discussion is moving them?
Old 2024-01-27, 22:37   Link #596
ramlaen

Quote:
Fact: He was removed
Fact: They afterwards stayed the decision pending the Supreme Court

Still means he was removed at one point. Further, the fact remains that the original point was that he's been accused of those things, which you denied happened. Even if you wanted to be pedantic (which clearly you do) and say he hasn't been removed from anything, he was still accused of such and it was used in the hearing that led to the decision to remove him from the primary ballot. Again, facts.

How will you move the goalposts this time, or do you not know what that actually means since you think returning to the original point of discussion is moving them?
The court stayed the ruling when it was issued, for some reason you are acting like it was a while later.

Trump has not been accused/charged of treason/sedition etc let alone found guilty. The Colorado case invokes the 14th amendment despite this which is why the judges were forced to stay their own decision.

Last edited by ramlaen; 2024-01-27 at 23:13.
Old 2024-03-03, 16:37   Link #597
ramlaen

https://www.nytimes.com/2024/03/03/u...urt-trump.html
Quote:
The Supreme Court announced on Sunday that it would issue at least one decision on Monday, a strong signal that it would rule then on former President Donald J. Trump’s eligibility for Colorado’s primary ballot.

The announcement said Monday’s opinion or opinions would be posted online starting at 10 a.m. “The court will not take the bench,” it said.

The court’s usual practice, though one suspended during the pandemic, is to announce decisions in argued cases from the bench. The justices had not been scheduled to return to the courtroom until March 15.

The timing of the court’s actions may have been influenced by the electoral calendar. In urging the justices to intervene in the case, the Colorado Republican Party had asked them to act before the looming Super Tuesday primaries this week, which include Colorado.

The ruling is likely to resolve not only whether Mr. Trump may appear on the Colorado primary ballot but also whether he is eligible to run in the general election. Indeed, the decision will almost certainly apply to any other state where Mr. Trump’s eligibility to run has been challenged.
Old 2024-03-04, 12:04   Link #598
ramlaen

9-0, I hope that gives you an idea how far out of line democrats were in trying to remove a political opponent from the ballot.
Old 2024-03-04, 13:46   Link #599
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

Quote:
9-0, I hope that gives you an idea how far out of line democrats were in trying to remove a political opponent from the ballot.
We got that you are hardcore MAGA/Trump supporter but it is not the reason to mock your opponents every time.
Nachtwandler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-03-04, 17:01   Link #600
GDB

It's also funny since it was republicans trying to remove him, not democrats.