AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2024-01-27, 06:28   Link #12321
quagmire

Quote:
Originally Posted by n0m@n View Post
Watched it twice already. Went to the midnight special event one where Fukuda said some interesting things. Though the movie changed Lacus’s character.
Spoiler for movie:
Spoiler for Reply:
quagmire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-01-27, 18:24   Link #12322
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by quagmire View Post
Spoiler for Reply:
Spoiler for Seed freedom:
Old 2024-01-27, 19:41   Link #12323
Dernhelm
High on Jin

Anime News Network graded the movie and gave it a B+

which is interesting because that's higher than A Wakening of the Trailblazers' C, Cucuruz Doan Island's and Hathaway Flash's B.

also it's nearly 1billion yen in ticket revenues after day 2.

"Bass has mysterious powers over women folk." - Bono, U2

Shunsuke Nakamura makes goalkeepers FLY and land HARD.
Dernhelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-01-28, 00:31   Link #12324
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
Spoiler for Seed freedom:
Spoiler:
Old 2024-01-28, 01:38   Link #12325
n0m@n
C-Z

Update: The movie will be released in 56 countries/region
Old 2024-01-29, 06:22   Link #12326
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

Mecha lineart dump - click the images to enlarge:

TL;DR…
movie spoilers!
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
EDIT -didn't realize the official website had them all already (or had been updated since the movie's release): https://www.gundam-seed.net/freedom/mecha/

Oh, well...¯\_()_/¯

Last edited by Renegade334; 2024-01-29 at 17:31. Reason: Fixing imgur links;blame Notepad++ REGEX for the automated butchering of the urls.
Renegade334 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-01-29, 11:42   Link #12327
Gunpla King
Gunpla Builder & Battler

thank goodness they repaired the Strike Rouge, I thought it went to the junkyard........
- Gundam Build Fighters Try
- Gundam Build Divers
- Gundam Build Divers Re:Rise
- Gundam Build Real
- Gundam Breaker
- Gundam Build Metaverse
Gunpla King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-01-29, 12:47   Link #12328
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade334 View Post
Mecha lineart dump - click the images to enlarge:

TL;DR…
movie spoilers!
EDIT -didn't realize the official website had them all already (or had been updated since the movie's release): https://www.gundam-seed.net/freedom/mecha/

Oh, well...¯\_()_/¯
Was always disappointed the the STRIKE freedom lacked wing packs. There’s only 1 extra but makes things easier
Old 2024-01-29, 19:19   Link #12329
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

There are a few interesting things in the descriptions for each mecha:

TL;DR…
translated mecha descriptions - BEWARE MILD MOVIE SPOILERS
Notes:

- The ZAKU Warrior cockpit seems to have been a very successful design, enough that it has been retrofitted into newer models instead of stepping aside for newer, blank-slate designs. Reusability and standardization at work here.

- Rising Freedom and Immortal Justice were built by Orb, mating together technology from their respective ZAFT forebears (both of which were stillborn prototypes discarded by ZAFT -or stolen from them- and completed by the Three Ships Alliance's Factory) and from Morgenroete's Murasame. I wonder how much technology transfer was carried out between the two nations, possibly as part of the terms of the peace/arms control treaties signed in the years after the LOGOS-Dullindal affair. This level of cooperation wouldn't have been seen since Morgenroete's dalliance with EA, which went on to cause the Heliopolis attack.

- Femtech Armor. FEMTECH ARMOR. what is this I don't even
...is this the right spelling anyway? If this were Cross Ange, I'd just chuckle and be on my way, but this is Gundam...

- Supposing that the Strike Freedom Spec II and Infinite Justice II Spec II still retain their nuclear reactors, their model designations seem to have changed. Normally: it goes like this--
ZGMF-X20A: Zero Gravity Maneuver Fighter, eXperimental model 20, Atomic energy source. The "A" exclusively indicated that it was a nuclear power version of this particular model number, which is nothing unorthodox as, in the MSV side materials, we see nuclear-powered variants of conventionally-powered MSes and vice versa.
But now it goes: ZGMF/A-262B. Unless...that "/A" stands for something else? And "B" - is it the "B" variant of model 262?
The confusion continues as you meet the Destiny Spec II: ZGMF/A-42S2. The "S" suffix in Destiny indicated a Deuterion Beam energy system paired with a battery. Did Destiny receive a nuclear reactor to replace its battery? In the movie, it can emit its own Deuterion Beam to recharge the Impulse when the latter grows critically short of power.

- Following the above observation, the Lightning Buster and Duel Blitz do NOT have "A"s or "/A"s in their type-codifications despite the fact that they are nuclear-powered. Is ZAFT/Compass trying to conceal the modification and skirt peace/arms control treaties put in place after Dullindal's defeat?

- ZAFT seems to have sold a lot of its old stock to Foundation. Given what happens in PLANT during the movie, one can only suppose there are deeper ties between the two hiding under the surface.

- A naval ram on a spaceship? This isn't Warhammer 40K or Assassin's Creed: Odyssey, Fukuda...and why the hell, in the heat of battle, does the Millennium's bridge raise itself into a glass cupola, without any additional armor, as if they were trying to emulate a Star Trek nipple-bridge? Terribad design.

- Orb mobile suit type-codifying scheme has switched from MBF-Mxx (conventional MS) and MVF-Mxx (variable frame MS) to STTS-xx. The "/F" suffix could indicate a variable frame like the Murasame Kai, but it is absent from the Rising Freedom and Immortal Justice's model names despite them being transformable designs derived from the Murasame. Unless "/F" just stands for "fighter".

- The Mighty Strike Freedom's nanoparticle cloud (mentally-controlled, like GN particles or Minovsky particles) scattered by the Proud Defender is probably the reason why this MS can attack its enemies with "high-voltage lightning bolts" while in a vacuum. There do exist certain natural phenomena called "vacuum discharge" and "space lightning" (observed in space around certain planets like Jupiter, and sometimes between them and their moon(s)) in real life, but they occur at a stupidly large scale and, without any gaseous particle to be excited, those discharges would be...invisible. Also, lightning in a vacuum is usually weaker than lightning traveling through a medium - without the nanoparticles' help, it'd make for a stupidly inefficient weapon...which could only be made to work if you connected it to an unrealistically overpowered energy source.

- Aside from the Destroy and the Dagger, there's really nothing new on the Earth Alliance side of things. Looks like their R&D plateaued. Disappointing. Unless their military industry is under strict control, like Germany and Japan were after WWI and WWII?

Last edited by Renegade334; 2024-01-30 at 04:36.
Renegade334 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-01-29, 21:36   Link #12330
cyberdemon

Spoiler:

Last edited by cyberdemon; 2024-02-02 at 21:02.
cyberdemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-01-30, 11:52   Link #12331
quagmire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade334 View Post
The confusion continues as you meet the Destiny Spec II: ZGMF/A-42S2. The "S" suffix in Destiny indicated a Deuterion Beam energy system paired with a battery. Did Destiny receive a nuclear reactor to replace its battery? In the movie, it can emit its own Deuterion Beam to recharge the Impulse when the latter grows critically short of power.
Destiny was always nuclear powered. It didn't get the "A" designation as a way to hide the fact ZAFT built a nuclear powered suit against the Junius treaty.

Destiny, SF, and IF all share the same power source being the Hyper-Deuterion Engine which uses a nuclear reactor and the deutrion system.

Spoiler for movie discussion:
quagmire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-01-30, 16:03   Link #12332
justavisitor

looking at the model promotion pic, I must be in the minority who likes the new backpack of IJ XD

Not only we got two more sabers in the backpack (tho we will forever question the practicality of having beam sabers behind the body ), it seems to have 4 more beam cannons at the tip of the x-wing. In addition, the new backpack seems to have 2 small missile pods too!

It's always better to fire more guns than to throw the backpack towards your opponent
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
justavisitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-01-30, 17:02   Link #12333
cyberdemon

So is the blonde haired douche another Rau clone?
Old 2024-01-30, 18:31   Link #12334
kiak666

Quote:
So is the blonde haired douche another Rau clone?
Spoiler for Movie Villain:
kiak666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-01-31, 19:35   Link #12335
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiak666 View Post
Spoiler for Movie Villain:
Spoiler for Spoilers:
Old 2024-01-31, 20:33   Link #12336
kiak666

Quote: