AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Monogatari Series

Notices

Old 2010-04-18, 03:31   Link #2121
AC730

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizzie View Post
Hmm, I appear to be having issues with audio lagging quite a few seconds behind the action. And not just with one subber group...

Edit: Actually it just seems to be an issue with Windows media player classic for some reason. VLC player runs it fine. Odd.
Sorry for such a late reply.
Generally VLC Player isn't recommended to watch HD .mkv files.
They usually don't play with many sub groups.

As for the Audio Lag. It may be two different things. You might not notice but sometimes the audio is perfectly fine but it is actually the video that lags behind the audio by a few milliseconds and carries on throughout the entire video. Or it could be the fact just as you said, audio lags behind a few seconds.

If it is video that is doing this, you're most likely going to need a better computer. But if it's the audio make sure the ffdshowaudiodecoder isn't doing anything to audio since I'm assuming your going CoalGirls which is FLAC. You would want Media Classic, the player itself to handle the audio. That should fix it.

But if you're fine with VLC I guess you don't have a problem at all. I find it strange that VLC is working for you but if you run into this problem and VLC doesn't work there's your answer.
AC730 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-18, 04:51   Link #2122
idiffer

Send a message via ICQ to idiffer
dl CCCP. it has all the codecs that you need. the link is on the main page of animesuki))

i enjoyed bakemonogatari for the animation and witty conversations. it took me some time to realize it was a parody. i mean Senjougahara is so exageratedly tsun, that she's not very much different from some crazy killer or extreme sadist, while retaining a very contrasting dere side. araragi helps girls because thats what main heroes are supposed to do in harem or shounen shows. this is why i didnt like the characters that much.

and what is the difference between the TV broadcast and the BD ? i read they changed some backgrounds...
but is it worth dl'ing and archiving all over again? i mean, are the changes noticeable?
c) Your mind is too narrow to embrace my genius, de geso.
d) I was accidentally dropped into a barrel of whiskey, so now I am constantly drunk.
e) Go home and die! Dattebayo!

Last edited by idiffer; 2010-04-18 at 05:14.
idiffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-18, 05:38   Link #2123
TMSIDR
Haruhi's Minion

Quote:
Originally Posted by idiffer View Post
and what is the difference between the TV broadcast and the BD ? i read they changed some backgrounds...
but is it worth dl'ing and archiving all over again? i mean, are the changes noticeable?
I did a lof of comparison shots of the Nadeko Snake arc (there were many other changes); the website is in German but the pictures work without the text^^.

http://www.sos-brigade.de/wordpress/?p=4795

All BDs had lots of improvements, some very subtle and some very apparent.
Old 2010-04-18, 07:36   Link #2124
karice67
さっく♥ゆうきゃん♥ほそやん

Quote:
it took me some time to realize it was a parody. i mean Senjougahara is so exageratedly tsun, that she's not very much different from some crazy killer or extreme sadist, while retaining a very contrasting dere side. araragi helps girls because thats what main heroes are supposed to do in harem or shounen shows. this is why i didnt like the characters that much.
Rather than "parody", I think it's more akin to satire.

Spoiler for for examples in Western film:

As far as I can tell, Bakemonogatari isn't so much poking fun at other works, but making a comment on several of the tropes that infuse the otaku fandom, and it really isn't doing that by parodying any other series or work per se. Though I'm not sure if Nishio Ishin's intent was to satirise anything. Until I know for sure, I might regard Bakemonogatari as a satire without a goal, but I wouldn't label it a simple parody.

How Suetsugu Yuki drew the cover for Chihayafuru volume 34

Interview translations etc

You must free yourself from that illusion,
from the illusion that a story must have a beginning and an end.

"No, you are not entitled to your opinion... You are only entitled to what you can argue for.”
- Patrick Stokes

karice67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-18, 08:11   Link #2125
AC730

Quote:
dl CCCP. it has all the codecs that you need. the link is on the main page of animesuki))

i enjoyed bakemonogatari for the animation and witty conversations. it took me some time to realize it was a parody. i mean Senjougahara is so exageratedly tsun, that she's not very much different from some crazy killer or extreme sadist, while retaining a very contrasting dere side. araragi helps girls because thats what main heroes are supposed to do in harem or shounen shows. this is why i didnt like the characters that much.

Bakemonogatari is not a parody. That is a fact.
I admit it does use a lot of references and sometimes it may bring a giggle or two. But mainly it uses language humor or meta humor. The show isn't run on parodies. The plot isn't driven by parodies. It isn't the main reason to watch the show. Like karice67 said, Scary Movie is a very good example of a parody. It is usually driven by many jokes and has no plot whatsoever. But Bakemonogatari has a plot so it does not fall into the category of parodies. I'm not trying to be rude, just clearing up facts.

Yes, Senjougahara is comparatively more tsundere than others if you look at the other tsundere characters. But this actually is a good point, it contrasts greatly with others to make her more memorable. If you asked me who is tsundere she would be the first to come to mind. Then there's the background story with her tragedies. They link together.

Now with Araragi, he's a Samaritan. He helps those in need. I mean if you saw someone was being robbed in broad daylight, would your sense of justice kick in? I don't know about you but I would definitely would do something. That's Araragi's view on helping others. I wouldn't call this a harem either since Araragi has clear relationship very early on with Senjougahara. He's the main focus on solving all these oddities or problems. Otherwise it's just another mundane show with some guy fixing problems. Bakemonogatari adds the supernatural theme to it making it more unique than others.

Last edited by AC730; 2010-04-18 at 08:16. Reason: Omissions
Old 2010-04-18, 08:16   Link #2126
idiffer

karice67
the link you gave says
"Most definitions consider a parody to be a mimicry of an established idea, concept or person"
the examples i gave prove just that.+ they dont incite social change or whatever.
and i really dont think its that important as i got my message across...i think...

TMSIDR
thanks. that helped alot, but which is the BD? the bottom or the top screenshots?

AC730
those things you said about araragi dont change the very probable possibility that that was parody/satire. you seem to want to believe that he is JUST a samaritan. there are too many like him for me to say "okay, nice character".
this is also not to be mean, but consider some of the points.

http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=93084

really, i dont want to argue about semantics. it has nothing to do with bakemonogatari.
d) I was accidentally dropped into a barrel of whiskey, so now I am constantly drunk.

Last edited by idiffer; 2010-04-18 at 08:27.
Old 2010-04-18, 08:23   Link #2127
AC730

Quote:
karice67
the link you gave says
"Most definitions consider a parody to be a mimicry of an established idea, concept or person"
the examples i gave prove just that.+ they dont incite social change or whatever.
and i really dont think its that important as i got my message across...i think...

TMSIDR
thanks. that helped alot, but which is the BD? the bottom or the top screenshots?
Bakemonogatari is a mimicry of what exactly?

Like I said before Scary Movie would be a perfect example towards that definition. I don't know how this show would fit that description of parody. It doesn't 'make fun' of anything by taking it and turning it into a show filled with tidbits making every reference satirical in any sort.
Old 2010-04-18, 08:31   Link #2128
idiffer

i edited my post. might wanna take a look at the link... and the part where i say that this is not important.
+ your last post says that bake... is neither a parody nor a satire???
well, i'll just shut up and wait for some other ppl to post on that.
Old 2010-04-18, 09:15   Link #2129
AC730

Quote:
karice67
the link you gave says

TMSIDR

AC730
those things you said about araragi dont change the very probable possibility that that was parody/satire. you seem to want to believe that he is JUST a samaritan. there are too many like him for me to say "okay, nice character".
this is also not to be mean, but consider some of the points.

http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=93084

really, i dont want to argue about semantics. it has nothing to do with bakemonogatari.
Quote:
i edited my post. might wanna take a look at the link... and the part where i say that this is not important.
+ your last post says that bake... is neither a parody nor a satire???
well, i'll just shut up and wait for some other ppl to post on that.
Ok, those things about Araragi was just an explanation of how his ideals or morals are since you mentioned him a bit before. I never said Araragi is a unique character, I know for a fact there are many that are quite like him. Yes I do believe he is a Samaritan but I didn't say he was just a Samaritan. I know he's a pervert in many sorts and many more aspects about him that are quite plain.

Yes I'm saying Bakemonogatari is not a parody or satire show. I'm not saying it doesn't contain any. It's because you mentioned it like it was based on the show on this very aspect, but I'm sure you didn't. I know it does make several parodies but definitely not categorized as parody or satirical. If I had to describe the humor that takes place it would be more metahumor than parody. If I were to describe the show in one word it would be supernatural. But there is way too many opinions on this for me to be right.

I found it a bit insulting that you showed me that link. Yes, I do like this anime but I'm not blinded by that very aspect. I did agree with some of your points but I never disregarded any of it.
Old 2010-04-18, 10:06   Link #2130
karice67
さっく♥ゆうきゃん♥ほそやん

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC730 View Post
It doesn't 'make fun' of anything by taking it and turning it into a show filled with tidbits making every reference satirical in any sort.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AC730 View Post
If I had to describe the humor that takes place it would be more metahumor than parody.
I personally think that "satire" may be quite applicable, but as that's dependent on what Nishio-sensei actually intended, "metahumor" works for me as well.

As AC730 said though, it's most definitely not just a parody, because it doesn't just make fun of things. To me, most of the humour doesn't come from this 'making fun of things', but from the dialogue which may or may not (and often isn't, in my case) associated too deeply with what is being parodied. Bakemonogatari does parody concepts and ideas in the fandom, but in my opinion, it doesn't just stop there. But since people have previously noted (earlier in the thread, or elsehwere) that they think such thoughts pretentious, I'd rather not voice them further in this forum.

How Suetsugu Yuki drew the cover for Chihayafuru volume 34

Interview translations etc

You must free yourself from that illusion,
from the illusion that a story must have a beginning and an end.

"No, you are not entitled to your opinion... You are only entitled to what you can argue for.”
- Patrick Stokes

Last edited by karice67; 2010-04-18 at 10:17.
karice67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-18, 11:28   Link #2131
TMSIDR
Haruhi's Minion

Quote:

TMSIDR
Top is TV version, bottom is BD.
Old 2010-04-18, 12:35   Link #2132
DiamondTear

I came here via google since you were talking about the commentary tracks.

I downloaded CoalGirl's Bakemonogatari 09 1080p and the corresponding commentary track released by them. Since the video included the OP but the commentary track did not, it was obviously desynced by 1 minutes 31 seconds. I couldn't figure out how to offset such a big desync in mpc (I was using the dub feature in it), so I played the commentary track in winamp and the video in mpc.

After syncing the video and the commentary I would watch for a minute. Then I would notice that the video and the audio are desynced by a few seconds (with the video, fullscreen, lagging behind). I didn't notice any lag with the video itself or the audio.

My question is this: What caused it? Did winamp play the commentary track too fast? Is my 3.9GHz i7 too slow? Filter used was "MPC video decoder".

edit: Making both winamp and mpc "realtime" helped. However, I'd like to have my video play at correct speed without changing the process priority for mpc. Which video decoder should I use? My GPU is GTX 285 and processor i7 @ 3.9GHz as mentioned earlier.

edit #2: CoreAVC seems to have done the trick, but I'm worried if I'm getting the best video quality because I heard CoreAVC lacked in that department. Why isn't there a CUDA icon in my task bar?

Last edited by DiamondTear; 2010-04-18 at 17:38.
DiamondTear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-26, 13:02   Link #2133
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Satire isn't the right word for this... but the author IS taking archetypes and subverting them for fun and profit. Archetype subversion is almost always more fun and makes for more interesting characters since they aren't totally predictable.
Old 2010-04-30, 01:15   Link #2134
Darth Atma
Rookie Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiamondTear View Post
edit #2: CoreAVC seems to have done the trick, but I'm worried if I'm getting the best video quality because I heard CoreAVC lacked in that department. Why isn't there a CUDA icon in my task bar?
Which version of CoreAVC are you using?
I wonder the older versions of CoreAVC may not recognize CUDA.
Darth Atma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-04, 21:25   Link #2135
Azuma Denton
~AD~

So any news for our long awaited last episode??
Azuma Denton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-04, 23:36   Link #2136
OokamiKasumi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azuma Denton View Post
So any news for our long awaited last episode??
JUNE. We have to wait until June for its release, and the gods only know how long after that for it to be translated.
LJ: http://ookami-kasumi.livejournal.com/
DA: http://ookamikasumi.deviantart.com/
OokamiKasumi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-05, 06:17   Link #2137
Morbus

I think basically means that there won't be a second series... Bakemonogatari started around june last year, right?
Morbus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-05, 09:43   Link #2138
Azuma Denton
~AD~

Guess, need to browse bakemonogatari website to found out info...
Usually there is sirn who'll come with update info bout SHAFT...
Old 2010-05-05, 16:13   Link #2139
Miyuki-ism
Corpse in Pieces

Send a message via MSN to Miyuki-ism
Quote:
Originally Posted by OokamiKasumi View Post
JUNE. We have to wait until June for its release, and the gods only know how long after that for it to be translated.
The usual time, episode 14 was quickly translated.
Old 2010-05-05, 21:09   Link #2140
Azuma Denton
~AD~

According to Bakemonogatari Blog...
The script for seiyuu is already done.
But, dunno when will they start recording...

Need moar info...

Tags
adventure, comedy, fantasy, romance, shaft, supernatural