AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2018-02-14, 08:56   Link #1241
WingedAccelerator

Well, Mashima obviously like cute girls, so the surprising answer could be something along the lines of "I felt it was a necessary sacrifice for the story, and a big shock factor..." etc. Someone like Mashima, who hardly kills an ally character couldn't comprehend the thought of killing a cute girl, who is also the titular character, main heroine.

This article also tackles the issue due to the change in the anime, but the reasoning seems superficial to me. If Seo thinks that killing Fuuka wasn't a mistake, then why did Mashima refer to the reason behind Seo's decision as "really surprising?" It's odd.
WingedAccelerator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-14, 17:07   Link #1242
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Just read the new chapter that was updated.

Damn, it was going so well, but then that b*tch just had to pull that. Though it looks like Yuu and the others will be fine because of something Tama taught them. I wonder what it is?

Maybe Seo had them all improve like this now because he's ending it soon? I guess he knows he can't drag it out too long. Though it does sound from what was said like they still have some room to improve before they can each catch up to their respective teachers or counterparts in the Hedgehogs, like how Yuu said his bass-playing still isn't as good as Nico's.
Old 2018-02-14, 17:40   Link #1243
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
That's utter nonsense. Suzuka life doesn't revolve around Fuuka alone.
In the story, it's a pretty important plot point which the climax revolves around.

Quote:
Actually even if Fuuka was never born her career would last another few years at most before their son born.
That speculation is meaningless. It's not part of the story

Quote:
I feel for her loss, but she still has loving family to stand by her and that's something she gained from events of her manga.
That's besides the point. The point is her loss only happened to add shock value to a lesser manga. Her character didn't deserve that. Nor did the readers who actually read and enjoyed Suzuka when it was being published.

Quote:
On same note, it wouldn't change much even if manga weren't called Fuuka and Aoi had different name. Aoi is her own person. She is also better match to Yuu, which is actually pretty important story wise.[
I don't give two fucks who Yuu ends up with. But Fuuka shouldn't have died, or better yet, she shouldn't have been added to this piece of crap to begin with.
Old 2018-02-14, 18:03   Link #1244
Tenzen12

- Yes it was important back then, but as U said it isn't all that important when whole picture is considered.

-It doesn't matter if it was part of story back then. Suzuka's story ends when she dies. It doesn't matter in how many mangas she will be featured until then.

- Fuuka is actually slightly better story and that death itself, while indeed was done for sake of shock as well it is just one of reasons. Fuuka death and following events did improve story and that's pretty much all that matter.

-I don't really care that she was Fuuka Akitsuki, it would be same if she was daughter of anyone else. But either way her being there doesn't invalidate anything from Suzuka..

You can have last word if you wish, but I don't expect you said anything new or meaningful either way.
Old 2018-02-14, 18:15   Link #1245
Kazu-kun

Quote:
- Yes it was important back then, but as U said it isn't all that important when whole picture is considered.
I don't care about the so called "whole picture." I'm talking about the manga Suzuka. In the manga Suzuka, the fact that Suzuka had to give up her sports career because she got knocked up was the main point of the climax and the turning point of her life. Killing her kid off in another manga makes that pointless.

Quote:
It doesn't matter if it was part of story back then. Suzuka's story ends when she dies. It doesn't matter in how many mangas she will be featured until then.
Suzuka's not a person. It's a character. Her story ends at the end of her manga. And it definitely didn't need whatever Fuuka (the manga) added to it.

Quote:
Fuuka is actually slightly better story
No

Quote:
and that death itself, while indeed was done for sake of shock as well it is just one of reasons. Fuuka death and following events did improve story and that's pretty much all that matter.
It didn't improve shit. You could achieve whatever her death achieved just fine without this crap.

Quote:
I don't really care that she was Fuuka Akitsuki, it would be same if she was daughter of anyone else. But either way her being there doesn't invalidate anything from Suzuka..
It actually does. That's the problem. If Seo was gonna kill the main girl, it shouldn't have been Fuuka to begin with.
Old 2018-02-14, 21:37   Link #1246
wuhugm
Confused Shark

^Fuuka 2.0 should be Fuuka Akatsuki instead yea
wuhugm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-07, 17:15   Link #1247
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

it's pretty obvious Seo wants to end this and move on. that said, i'm glad they invoked Fuuka 1.0 again.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-07, 17:29   Link #1248
WingedAccelerator

Seo: "How about I give some screentime to Aoba-chan... And beat the living shit out of her to make those, you know, dramatic fighting shounen moments, where the weak ones need to hold on until the stronger ally reinforcements arrive."
Editor: "Absolutely fantastic idea! Who would expect something like that from a music oriented series?!"
Seo: "No wonder they call me the "madman".
WingedAccelerator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-08, 15:37   Link #1249
DragonOsman
Dragon King

@germanturkey: I actually like it. Fuuka the Band Goddess (though she's the Blue Wells' exclusive goddess I guess). She didn't just die, she became a goddess. And apparently Tama noticed.
Old 2018-03-23, 14:23   Link #1250
AP24

Just saw spoiler pics for Ch194. I was wondering if we were ever going to see that scene in this series. Is that much even allowed to be shown on the magazine?
AP24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-24, 04:19   Link #1251
konart

Quote:
Originally Posted by AP24 View Post
Is that much even allowed to be shown on the magazine?
Depends on the target audience.
Old 2018-03-28, 21:03   Link #1252
wuhugm
Confused Shark

Clone wins
This manga is bullshit
I knew I can't count on Seo Kouji to make a good manga
Old 2018-03-28, 21:07   Link #1253
Tenzen12

Clone of who? I don't think I remember Seo writing particularly similar character before.
Old 2018-03-28, 21:08   Link #1254
Kazu-kun

So did this shit finally end? It's about time. Hopefully Seo takes a vacation after this. A permanent vacation.
Old 2018-03-28, 21:13   Link #1255
wuhugm
Confused Shark

^^Nice sarcasm~

Seo Style :
1. Establish a main (winning) heroine
2. Drama, can't be together with main heroine
3. Add x number of new heroines
4. Drama, new heroines falling for MC
5. The initial heroine (or her clone) still wins in the end
Old 2018-03-28, 22:31   Link #1256
Tenzen12

I was serious, Fuukas are not really alike aside of both doing music.Sure, Sara would be preferable, but this is not that bad ending. Better than it got original Fuuka ending for one.
Old 2018-03-28, 22:35   Link #1257
wuhugm
Confused Shark

^But her name is Fuuka
Old 2018-03-28, 22:43   Link #1258
Tenzen12

So is title of manga, It would be weird if main heroine of "Fuuka" was for example Sakuya or Kokoro.
Old 2018-03-28, 22:49   Link #1259
wuhugm
Confused Shark

^That's exactly what I'm talking about
When he killed off Fuuka
We were surprised greatly
"The" Seo Kouji finally evolve and give us completely unpredictable manga
Because "Fuuka" is dead and we don't know who will win
We thought "Fuuka" will change into a motivational dead character
But then a Fuuka joined in and took the win
What bullshit, Seo will stay Seo
Old 2018-03-28, 23:20   Link #1260
Kazu-kun

Quote:
So is title of manga, It would be weird if main heroine of "Fuuka" was for example Sakuya or Kokoro.
That's no an excuse. That's an issues that exposes Seo's incompetence. If killing off your main girl fucks up the title, don't kill the main girl. It's infinitely more reasonable than killing her off anyway and having to name her replacement the same way.

But being reasonable is something Seo doesn't understand, of course.

Tags
harem, music, romance, seo being seo, seo kouji, shounen, tragedy